• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Pcpvapors

For clarification, the lotus uses a truly pocketable torch right? Not like a torch needed for a supreme or gong Gn0me correct?

P.s. stem looks like a kazoo

Pcpvapors,

vapatizon

For clarification, the lotus uses a truly pocketable torch right? Not like a torch needed for a supreme or gong Gn0me correct?

P.s. stem looks like a kazoo

Yeah, the torch lighter on the Lotus website is about as small as a torch lighter gets. It's only a little bigger than a Bic. You should be able to use any gooseneck (angled) torch that can produce a half-inch flame.

vapatizon,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
When's the next FC discount coupon coming? I just missed the last one and want to try one of these (plus water pipe adapter) but I hate paying full retail for anything. :p

Looks like a great travel piece to go in a small hard case with a tiny bubbler and grinder/jar.

Anonymouse,

vapatizon

I've been impressed by how well the Lotus works in group settings. Even with a group of 5 people passing it around, it stays cool enough to hold comfortably, and newcomers have learned how to use it quickly, getting a lungful of vapor on their first or second try.

Also, everyone comments on how awesome it looks!

Vapodudule

Top 3 vape for me. On demand big hitter and not greedy in butane.

at first i hitted it with a crembrulee torch but it was way too hot, i ripped the bowl in 2 hits. Now with a smaller blue flame i can stretch the bowl pretty decently.

tiukauleh

Top 3 vape for me. On demand big hitter and not greedy in butane.

i'm assuming you're using the new model with bigger bowl. i read that you do not have the orange dot when hitting (like the old model), so how do you judge the heat level of the torch? does the new water pipe adapter come with a bigger bowl as well?

tiukauleh,

Vapodudule

i'm assuming you're using the new model with bigger bowl. i read that you do not have the orange dot when hitting (like the old model), so how do you judge the heat level of the torch? does the new water pipe adapter come with a bigger bowl as well?

Yes i use the very last model ordered from original manufacturer last 5 months ago: short stem with a plate and a normal stick. I use it with water mainly though pipe was good too.

Yes WPA of course is the same size than the upper plate part.

Torch is good heating, very pleasant, when you see heat ad blue flame break into plate. the stretching bowl with smal torch is pleasant as f*ck, you take terpenoids from each hit from the beginning to the end of the load.

You can "burn"/overheat the load by radiation easily if you do not hit or/and put a stationnary flame in the center. I have a theory for taste of that unit and behavior toward overheated material. I taste caramel and the load never really "combust" and turn into ashes (i though i did not try this intentionnally). My theory is that there is not ignition energy in the triangle of fire into the load. what you guys think?

Otherwise, every evening, it is the solo that put me to bed with abv from lotus and all my uneven heating vapes (added with Xtras).

Vapodudule,
Reactions: tiukauleh

vapatizon

I read the same thing about the hot spot being removed, but I have the new model and I do get a small glowing orange spot on the plate, which is helpful in gauging the temperature. I never had the old model, so I'm not sure how it compares to the old hot spot.

According to the Lotus catalog, the waterpipe adapter still has the original smaller bowl.

vapatizon,
Reactions: tiukauleh

tiukauleh

so the WPA is the same while the new stem has a bigger bowl, thanks! wonder why the manufacturer didn't come out with a bigger WPA? have to say though, the Lotus is an underrated gem - beautiful, dependable, clean instant vapor. One of my favourites and i would like to try the new bigger bowl stem/heating plate.

sorry vapodudule, i am not sure what "ignition energy" u mention but i love the vapor a Lotus produces, seems to hit the head/face a lot faster than my other desktop vapes.

natural farmer

I have already sold my FlashVape and I am gonna sell my Solo too in a few days and get myself a Lotus (for the second time)!!! And it will never leave my side again when out and about! I hate charging when outdoors after all... And INH takes a lot of time to charge! So Lotus FTW!!

Vapodudule

The words in my mind for lotus are "convenient and pleasant"

My VAS put some stuff all around, lotus brings some sturdy non-materialist balance

Vapodudule,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Interesting conversations going on.
I read the same thing about the hot spot being removed, but I have the new model and I do get a small glowing orange spot on the plate, which is helpful in gauging the temperature. I never had the old model, so I'm not sure how it compares to the old hot spot.

I'm surprised that Vapatizon can get a glow on the hot plate. It's pretty hard to do with the new model, but it's also hard to scorch your herb with it.
Vapodudule mentions radiation heating at the top of the bowl. That's pretty much gone now. There's an extra plate in the vapor cap that stops any radiation heating.
so the WPA is the same while the new stem has a bigger bowl, thanks! wonder why the manufacturer didn't come out with a bigger WPA?
New WPA's are scheduled to arrive within 2 weeks. They will have the same bowl size as the new model of the Lotus. I'm learning that introduction of improvements and new models is lumpy.

Another improvement: The plug on the stem at the bowl end now has a screwdriver slot to make it easier to clean the stem. Just remove the plug and run a pipe cleaner thru that hole without needing an extra long pipe cleaner.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The words in my mind for lotus are "artful, durable, instant".
You know, I have been secretly admiring this vape for a long time. Need something in case the power goes out, when I recover financially from my other vape related activities I seriously have to look at getting one of these beauties . . . :)

t-dub,

vapatizon

Interesting conversations going on.
I'm surprised that Vapatizon can get a glow on the hot plate. It's pretty hard to do with the new model, but it's also hard to scorch your herb with it.

The glow happens particularly when I'm vaping to a dark chocolate brown to get that last little bit of vapor. I've also mentioned it to first-timers as a definite indicator that the plate is hot enough. No scorching problems, though!

vapatizon,

Seren

Away with the fairies
I'm learning that introduction of improvements and new models is lumpy.

Another improvement: The plug on the stem at the bowl end now has a screwdriver slot to make it easier to clean the stem. Just remove the plug and run a pipe cleaner thru that hole without needing an extra long pipe cleaner.

The Lotus is a lovely looking vape, and the changes you've made sound awesome ...... any chance of you offering a discount code any time soon?? ;)

Seren,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
We can do that.

Hello,

Two questions/ comments:

I just received an order did I get the new model, I ask only because of question 2?

Did I get the best/correct WPA available for this product? Or a WPA that almost kind-of maybe fits the new but was REALLY designed for the OLD Lotus Version. There is a a little play and I'm pretty bummed its not more fit.

What gives? I bought the kit and expected the new model/correct WPA. Now I find the right WPA wont be available for three weeks. I jumped on this cause of the discount you offered. I didnt expect to get half a product with pieces that almost fit.

I'd be happy if you could allow me to exchange the incorrect part. Also please consider the missing details in the the kits description: http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/node/33 (It doesnt say anywhere in this description the kits are sold with old WPAs)

Here is a video, some effort with the new Lotus and Old WPA ... why its sold? heh... not cool. A definite wait on any thinking about this, till correct parts are available. Hopefully Max can resolve my inadequacy :cool: I also suggested a MassDrop for you guys, hoping the good karma pays off.

Top Bottom