The Lotus Vaporizer

tiukauleh

...I'm also very new to the Lotus and, admittedly, I tend to get it a little too hot. Several times, with the pipe, I'd take a huge rip and know I burned the plant. I'd open it up and it'd be just about to combust.

But with this waterpipe....it's a whole different ball game (so to type).

I am taking huge rips, producing crystal-smoothe vapor...and as I take off the cap expecting to see it burnt, it is instead colorful and beautiful.

Yes.

hey man,

read a few post back where a review said it was almost impossible to combust, with the new modified cap. you say "i burned the plant" but that is different from "just about to combust". is the weed just 'well done' or can you actually combust?

tiukauleh,

Vapodudule

when lotus really hot, plant is carbonized without making ashes. i think it by design cuts activation nrj. stretching bowl with lotus yum.

Vapodudule,
How much is this thing now? Because I would think it should be in vaporgenie territory? $120 I think not!

VapeNStone,

Gregular

Which water pipe did you buy? That Weed Star?
I decided against getting the Weed Star. After doing a bit of research (and being such an avid patriot), I decided to buy a handmade, domestic piece. I'd heard some good things about Colie Glass here, so, after some deliberation, I went with the "Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead."

Here's a picture I just took:

Lk0M2oT.jpg

For $100 shipped, I couldn't be happier. It's beautiful. But it seems their storefront only shows whatever they have in stock now, so if you wanted this particular piece, you could probably just contact the seller about it.

A few more pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/9nIuWS6.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/1OL2b3T.jpg

Gregular

hey man,

read a few post back where a review said it was almost impossible to combust, with the new modified cap. you say "i burned the plant" but that is different from "just about to combust". is the weed just 'well done' or can you actually combust?
Well, I could be wrong, but I feel like there's no way to make it completely combustion-proof. I mean, if you sit there and scorch it too much, the temperature will rise, the plant will burn.

But keep in mind I've had the pipe for less than a week. It does take a little getting used to. It's actually probably easier to start with a glass piece since it's so easy to gauge your hits with the clear glass.

Gregular,
Reactions: tiukauleh

vapatizon

hey man,

You can scorch/char it a little if you get the cap absurdly hot. At this point, the plate will be glowing brightly, the stem will become warm, and the vapor will be hot, so even without glass, it's unmistakable what's happening. That's for slight scorching. Severe scorching or outright combustion would be really difficult.

vapatizon,
Reactions: tiukauleh

Unisonruss

I decided against getting the Weed Star. After doing a bit of research (and being such an avid patriot), I decided to buy a handmade, domestic piece. I'd heard some good things about Colie Glass here, so, after some deliberation, I went with the "Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead."

Here's a picture I just took:

Lk0M2oT.jpg

For $100 shipped, I couldn't be happier. It's beautiful. But it seems their storefront only shows whatever they have in stock now, so if you wanted this particular piece, you could probably just contact the seller about it.

A few more pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/9nIuWS6.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/1OL2b3T.jpg

Looks nice, is it easy to clean?

Unisonruss,

Gregular

Looks nice, is it easy to clean?
Well, it's funny because when I first read your post, I hadn't cleaned it yet...and it really wasn't "dirty." But there was some herb buildup throughout, which I hadn't even noticed before. I emptied it, poured in some isopropyl alcohol, added some epsom salt, shook it up, poured in some hot water, shook it up again, rinsed it out...and it was sparkling clean.

Oh, and for the first time, I used the waterpipe with hot water. It was delightful. More experimentation will ensue...

Tickdickler

Thanks for the welcome gif. I've played around with the Lotus for 3 days and couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone posting on this forum for helping me make this informed decision on such a nice vape. Been loading up just keif today and it works great.

ok since not one person even acknowledged my post I'll ask again. How much is this thing and where do I buy it?

VapeNStone,

Seren

Away with the fairies
ok since not one person even acknowledged my post I'll ask again. How much is this thing and where do I buy it?

Ok, keep your knickers on VapeNStone :chill: ;)

How much is this thing now? Because I would think it should be in vaporgenie territory?
I would tend to disagree with you on this point, as the vapour genie doesn't have a clean air pathway as the Lotus does, so you should expect to pay out a little more for the lotus :)

Here's a link to their store:

http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/

The pipe on its own is retailing for $104. Or you can buy kits for $119 or $137 - the difference being the $137 kit also includes a water pipe adapter.

You can of course buy direct, or conduct a Google search to find alternative outlets if you'd prefer.

Hope that answers your questions ...... :) :peace:

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Vaporstore have a 15% FC discount and sell the Lotus. Just make sure to specify you want the latest version, as they seem to have some of the old ones in stock. They sent me an old one originally and I had to send it back and change it, but they were pretty cooperative in resolving the situation (as opposed to the actual manufacturer, whose only comment was basically "not my problem"). The new one is on the way now, finally. Bought it two months ago and still haven't tried it yet. :c

But anyway, long story short, it's always available at 15% off. Vaporstore must be running on lower margins than the original manufacturer, too, since they have to buy it at a price the Lotus folks can profit from, then sell it for 15% off and still make a satisfactory profit themselves. Makes me wonder why they can afford to do 15% off all the time but the manufacturer can only do it every now and then.

Anonymouse,

AdventurousMoustache

Hey Max, would there be a possibility of renewing the previous 15% off coupon code? I know the old one ended this last Monday and although it would be cheaper to buy it the Lotus off of EZgrinders.com with a 10% discount code I'd much rather get it through the actual company, thanks!

AdventurousMoustache,
Reactions: Seren

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Max, would there be a possibility of renewing the previous 15% off coupon code? I know the old one ended this last Monday and although it would be cheaper to buy it the Lotus off of EZgrinders.com with a 10% discount code I'd much rather get it through the actual company, thanks!
We are discussing pricing with our on line retailers now. I appreciate you wanting to buy directly from us but we don't have a sale going now.

David and Michael,

natural farmer

OK! I 'll do it ataxian style cause I can't bother making big sentences right now!

Purchased 4 Lotus pipes from the manufacturer. Gave me a brave discount as a returning customer!
The package took a long time to show up to Europe.
Customs had it cause it was shipped with the whole amount declared on it!
I forgot to write it in the order notes.
It should be shipped as a gift or replacements under warranty or something.
Most shops from the states do so when they have European orders from past experiences.
Why else would I buy from the states?
The taxes are killing us.
Even if I had write the request in the order notes they could not do that they told me. Bummer!
I don't understand this policy at all but what else could I do?
The taxes where 107€!!!!
Even like that it was overall cheaper than the German shop carrying them so we paid it...
So fellow FCers from Europe, buy 1 pipe at a time if from the manufacturer to avoid customs....
Anyhow be causious...

On the other hand now the Lotus is mind blower!
Can destroy your head fast!
Faster than the Solo maybe!
One hit can send you to the sky.
Amazing taste!
Very cool vapor if the draw is not too hard.
Great build quality.
Will last me a lifetime if not lost.
I am in love with this thing once more.
More than the old model.
Much more uniform herb baking!
Very hard to scorch the botanicals.
I put a silicone e-cig drip tip and it is much smoother on the lips.
I can chew on it too.
No paint on my teeth this way.
Honest lighters rock hard!
Amazing head!!!!
I love it!
Buy it!
No one should regret this investment!
For me it's the ultimate convection portable today.
Who knows tomorrow?

NF approved WITH HONORS!!!

Cheers all!

PS. Now I know why ataxian plays robot! So fast to write so much... :p

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to try this but its too much money for me right now. Anyone near WI that has one I could try?

VapeNStone,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Honest lighters rock hard!

I'm pretty sure "Honest" is a brand used by the factory that actually makes a lot of the Vector stuff. The little Honest 60-degree-bent lighter is basically a Vector Volt, but for like $3-4. I can't tell it apart from a real Volt except for the label printed on it (and the fewer colour options), which leads me to think this might be the actual Chinese contract manufacturer for Vector, and not a knock-off.

Anyway, amazingly cheap for a solid, metal lighter with integrated safety cover (none of that "cap on a chain" shit that you see on most cheap angled jet lighters); pressing the button opens the safety cover and lights the lighter in one motion, then spring-loading closes it when you release the button. Perfect match for the Lotus, I think.

A couple half-assed eBay searches for the curious:

Example Honest lighter.

Example Vector Volt

(if you want to buy, there are even cheaper links if you look)

Top Bottom