Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

JoeKickass

I will report back though once I use it.

I'm holding out a faint hope that this is a diamond in the rough...

Brushed aluminum stickers are a major aesthetic blow for me and having a bowl that looks to be made of cling-film will always have to be explained to a new friend "Uhh... isn't that plastic?" :uhoh:

But if they designed it right it could have herbalaire-like effeciency... :tup:

JoeKickass,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Just finished up my first session. I did not do any official weighing of flowers, heat up time, or anything. I just decided to load it up and take it for a spin. I just sprinkled some flowers in until it was full. I did not pack the capsule much at all. I started out at 1 and let it heat up before I took a draw. It took about two commercials on the television to heat up to the lowest setting.

The first draw was a huge cloud of vapor. I was kind of surprised.
The 2-4th were very light in vapor production.
I turned it up to 3 and got slightly thicker vapor clouds and did a few hits
Turned it up to 5 and got even thicker clouds
I gradual worked my way up to MAX. The cloud density got thicker with each rise in the temperature.

It does work. I think it will take some time to figure out the best speed to draw. I am thinking this is a mix of conduction and convection. The reason I say this is because I got such a huge draw on the first hit when it was on the lowest setting. It was like the vapor had built up in the capsule before I even started to draw on it.

The heating chamber looks like it is a wire wrapped around the inside that the capsule sets inside. Then as you breath air is drawn through holes in the device and over the capsule. There seems to be some coating/protective layer between the wire and the capsule. There is also a screen at the bottom of the heating chamber that sits between the air holes and the capsule.

I have a list of questions I am about to fire off to the manufacture.

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Just finished up my first session. I did not do any official weighing of flowers, heat up time, or anything. I just decided to load it up and take it for a spin. I just sprinkled some flowers in until it was full. I did not pack the capsule much at all. I started out at 1 and let it heat up before I took a draw. It took about two commercials on the television to heat up to the lowest setting.

The first draw was a huge cloud of vapor. I was kind of surprised.
The 2-4th were very light in vapor production.
I turned it up to 3 and got slightly thicker vapor clouds and did a few hits
Turned it up to 5 and got even thicker clouds
I gradual worked my way up to MAX. The cloud density got thicker with each rise in the temperature.

It does work. I think it will take some time to figure out the best speed to draw. I am thinking this is a mix of conduction and convection. The reason I say this is because I got such a huge draw on the first hit when it was on the lowest setting. It was like the vapor had built up in the capsule before I even started to draw on it.

The heating chamber looks like it is a wire wrapped around the inside that the capsule sets inside. Then as you breath air is drawn through holes in the device and over the capsule. There seems to be some coating/protective layer between the wire and the capsule. There is also a screen at the bottom of the heating chamber that sits between the air holes and the capsule.

I have a list of questions I am about to fire off to the manufacture.

From Slightly Medicated to Highly Saturated in one easy lesson. :razz:

We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Kaptan

Initial overview sounds impressive. I just wish the manufacture did not put any writing on the faux metallic sticker as it clearly diminishes the stealth factor. I guess it could still look to be an Ecig until curious minds check out the printed website.
I think at the $250 price point, they should consider including more of the Herb capsules with the unit. It was stated earlier in the thread that the capsules life is limited to about a month to two months. The price of the capsules can really add up with frequent use.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah I am planning to do some modifications to mine when I get it. I think that the design is perfect for making excuses as to it's true use.

[Officer]: "I know I smell something. Hey, what is this silver thing?
[Me]: "Umm... officer, I'm sorry but... that is a sex toy. would you like some hand sanitizer?

Perfect cover.

Kaptan

Yeah I am planning to do some modifications to mine when I get it. I think that the design is perfect for making excuses as to it's true use.

[Officer]: "I know I smell something. Hey, what is this silver thing?
[Me]: "Umm... officer, I'm sorry but... that is a sex toy. would you like some hand sanitizer?

Perfect cover.
Nice, now you just need a vibrating motor from a cell to make it more realistic.

Kaptan,
I bought this vape at a local headshop about a week ago, and to be honest, I'm not completely satisfied. I mean, it appears to be pretty well. It's a solid piece. But the dial on the bottom is a little too easy to turn (when using with more than one person the temperature constantly gets changed). The only way the air gets into this device is through two TINY little holes on the top. The plastic looking bowl, I believe it's called polymide, seems nice now; but I can see it only lasting a little bit. And I don't know if it's ingredients I'm using or what... But there is a noticeable taste that I haven't been able to describe. ALL that being said, it does EXACTLY what it says it does. Every single time I've used this little guy, I've been more than satisfied with its effectiveness. The only thing that REALLY bothers me is the taste and the airflow. I would love to see better airflow with this thing and I'm just hoping the taste is due to the ingredients I'm using. All in all. I'd give it a 6/10 but if the bad taste goes away 8/10.

MediocreBadGuy23,
Reactions: vape4life

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I bought this vape at a local headshop about a week ago, and to be honest, I'm not completely satisfied. I mean, it appears to be pretty well. It's a solid piece. But the dial on the bottom is a little too easy to turn (when using with more than one person the temperature constantly gets changed). The only way the air gets into this device is through two TINY little holes on the top. The plastic looking bowl, I believe it's called polymide, seems nice now; but I can see it only lasting a little bit. And I don't know if it's ingredients I'm using or what... But there is a noticeable taste that I haven't been able to describe. ALL that being said, it does EXACTLY what it says it does. Every single time I've used this little guy, I've been more than satisfied with its effectiveness. The only thing that REALLY bothers me is the taste and the airflow. I would love to see better airflow with this thing and I'm just hoping the taste is due to the ingredients I'm using. All in all. I'd give it a 6/10 but if the bad taste goes away 8/10.

Thanks for sharing... I love to hear other opinions. I think I agree with you about the dial. I have been pretty careful to hold it by the center of the device. I find somehow my pinky keeps turning the temp control. It is often changing temperatures. I do not have as much of a problem with the airflow. It seems comparable to other portables. I actually thought the taste was really good. Can you describe the taste at all? Bitter, Metallic, Electronic, Plastic, or something else? I know what you mean about the capsule. I felt like it would be flimsy. So far I have been using only one capsule to see how long it holds up. So far, It seems to be pretty sturdy.

I sent them a few questions about the capsules and other stuff I had on my mind. I will let everyone know what they say.

Slightly Medicated,

Kaptan

Here's the Inh004 next to a t1 for those that want size comparison
928283a3.jpg

c4bc8ca9.jpg

ed8e0154.jpg

The taste is really great on this thing. It took me by surprise to be honest. I agree with SliM that the capsules seem durable and could maybe last 2 months with daily usage if you can keep the screens clean.
My concern is how are you suppose to clean the screen at the bottom of the bowl?
I thought the battery is user replaceable? How is that possible?

It's my first day with it, but I'm enjoying this more than my Solo right now. The taste is much more enjoyable longer.
The packaging and instruction material are the nicest I've received out of all my vapes.

The vapor density is very much dependent on your technique with the inh004.
Wife says it looks like one of her toys ;)

Well, I tried making green dragon last night with the AVB I got from the inhalater. IT WORKED. I'm not sure if it was the dosage I took or what, but I was at an easy [8] or [9] for at least 5 hours. Well, in my incredibly dazed state, I broke my inhalater. I'm not sure what actually did it in, but it was one of two things (or both). First thing I did wrong was use chamomile tea in it. Never actually used it with the tea (got too dazed and forgot I packed it up. When I came back to my tea packed inhalater, I found one end of the plug in the inhalater and the other end (USB side) in a small cup of water (I had it plugged into my computer charging and I guess I unplugged it and it fell into the cup when I threw it on the table. I freaked out when I saw this so I dried it off and tried using the device, it wouldn't turn on. When I plug in the device, the bottom light turns green, but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't work. Hoping the USB cable is just broken and it's not the actual device. Sorry for being all over the place. I just got this thing A couple days ago. Paid $200 for it and now it's broken. Has anyone had success with warranties in this kind of situation? I'm not too comfortable sending anything through the mail but I'd like to not have a $200 paper weight. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MediocreBadGuy23,

JoeKickass

When a cellphone gets wet you always let it dry out over night before trying to turn it on... I'd still try to dry it out/open it up but keep it off!

JoeKickass,

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post an updated on the temp scale on the Inhalater. The temperature range has been changed by the manufacturer to support a wider range of temperature settings. The original scale went from 1-7, then max. The new scale goes from 1-9, then max. An individual temp guide for each version is below:

Original Version (Temperature Knob shows 1-7, then Max):
1- 284F
2- 300F
3- 315F
4- 331F
5- 345F
6- 361F
7- 376F
Max- 392F

Updated Version, As of July 13, 2012 (Temperature Knob shows 1-9, then Max):
1- 284F
2- 297F
3- 309F
4- 322F
5- 334F
6- 347F
7- 356F
8- 369F
9- 381F
Max- 410F

I'm trying to find out what's up with the battery replacement procedure and cost now, along with when they're going to have some accessories ready. I'll be sure to post an update when I know what's up here.

Sincerely,
Taylor

TheOtherSideVapes,
Reactions: ru_frothi

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Well, I tried making green dragon last night with the AVB I got from the inhalater. IT WORKED. I'm not sure if it was the dosage I took or what, but I was at an easy [8] or [9] for at least 5 hours. Well, in my incredibly dazed state, I broke my inhalater. I'm not sure what actually did it in, but it was one of two things (or both). First thing I did wrong was use chamomile tea in it. Never actually used it with the tea (got too dazed and forgot I packed it up. When I came back to my tea packed inhalater, I found one end of the plug in the inhalater and the other end (USB side) in a small cup of water (I had it plugged into my computer charging and I guess I unplugged it and it fell into the cup when I threw it on the table. I freaked out when I saw this so I dried it off and tried using the device, it wouldn't turn on. When I plug in the device, the bottom light turns green, but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't work. Hoping the USB cable is just broken and it's not the actual device. Sorry for being all over the place. I just got this thing A couple days ago. Paid $200 for it and now it's broken. Has anyone had success with warranties in this kind of situation? I'm not too comfortable sending anything through the mail but I'd like to not have a $200 paper weight. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, the warranty is definitely not going to cover damage like that. Warranties are designed to replace/repair products when they have failed due to quality issues. There's not really any sort of warranty on any product that is going to cover accidental damage or misuse, except for in rare cases (i.e.: the MFLB, products purchased with extended warranties, etc. Your best option to salvage the unit would be to put it in a sealed container with rice, immediately... Let the Inhalater sit in there for a few days, and perhaps the moisture can be drawn with the rice. You could also try contacting the manufacturer and asking if it would be possible to get it repaired.

Best of luck to you in getting that sorted out.

Sincerely,
Taylor S.

TheOtherSideVapes,

vape4life

Banned for life
Sorry for being all over the place. I just got this thing A couple days ago. Paid $200 for it and now it's broken. Has anyone had success with warranties in this kind of situation? I'm not too comfortable sending anything through the mail but I'd like to not have a $200 paper weight. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

where did you get it for $200? I thought it was $250?

vape4life,

andee145

Background: I am a consumer & vape enthusiast with no affliations to retail shops, vape brands etc. I have been vaping for about 3 years - have switched exclusively to vaping for the last year and completely quit smoking. I only use herb, no oils, concentrates etc.

Executive Summary: If you are looking for a portable, seriously consider the Inhalater (INH), it is a great little vape. I have used it for 3 weeks now.

The goods:
- Great "pure" taste. When used with the hygeneic tips provided, the INH produces cool, tasty vapors
- Very "clear" medication, great sense of elevation.
- if you like vaping in low temps, as I do, the adjustable temp is great since it starts low with precise adjustable temp settings (temp range 284F - 410F per othersidevape, I have the 10 knob settings version). Each setting has a unique taste, cloud size etc. I can only get cloudy vapor starting at 6-7, but still works and tastes great at lower temps. After experiencing this, hard to go for vapes that don't have temp controls.
- The ABV is awesome - looks even, brown and baked. This is one of the best features of the Inhalater.
- Easy to use. Pretty much one dial to operate & no special draw techniques. Will work for even a beginner. Hygeneic tips provided can help you share with others
- Std micro USB charging. Practically can be charged anywhere in the world due to ubiquity of micro usb devices. Have not run battery down all the way, but seems like it will cover a day's worth of moderate/heavy use (6-7 full loads). Due to the std nature of the charger, you could presumably use a std mico usb external battery pack you would use to charge cell phones ($25-30 on Amazon). Some of these also come with solar charging (for camping situations). That would possibly cover 2-3 days worth with no power outlet. That should be plenty for most practical circumstances.
- The outside of the unit runs quite cool to touch even after doing a few back to back sessions
- Load size is quite big. Scales downwards well i.e., can load 1/4 or 1/2 loads as needed
- the herb capsule can be soaked in ISO, cleans fairly well. But not like new. The inside chamber can be easily wiped down with q-tip soaked in ISO alcohol
- Form factor is like a big cigar or e-cig. Sturdy and not cheap looking
- Seems like adding a water pipe would be simple with some tubing and std adapters. I was able to get my 10$ acrlylic water pipe to work easily.
- Is as large as an oversized cigar. So cigar cases that fit it were hard to find. But, flash light holsters may work work. There are many options/sizes available on ebay ex: if you want tight fit or extra room to hold additional capsule, cleaning tips, herb storage pill-case-tube etc., I have ordered a flash light holster and will report back

Could have been better:
- No battery meter to tell how much juice is left
- No spot light in the temp dial for operating at night
- The 6 min auto shut off seems too short for me. It takes me 2-3 cycles to finish a full load at a relaxed inhaling rate. It is ok if you want to take a break and split a full load into couple of sessions. Also, when it gets shut off in the middle of a full load, you have to turn the dial all the way off and then back to the temp setting you want. A single click restart would have been much better.
- The capsule needs replacement possibly every 1-3 months. The overhead time & cost to keep up with this could be a hassle.
- The temp dial can be accidently turned, a little care is needed. Should be ok, if you dont put down or touch the bottom. A lock in position design would be better.
- Not as stealth as the MFLB. I think the MFLB due its size is the only truly stealth vape out there that I could completely conceal in a closed fist.
- Cannot be cleaned completely like new, could be an issue if traveling internationally etc. Also, the herb capsule is made of the polyimide sheet wrapped around into a cylinder, creates a little overlap gap where the herb and gunk can accumulate, this is a narrow area, little hard to access. I have gotten better at loading the capsule from the non-overlapping side, thereby minimizing fine herbs getting stuck in the overlap gap.

How it compares to other vapes I own:
- VG Coil: I really didnt get the full hang of this. There is technique to learn, very unpredictable due to many variables involved. Can also combust if not careful. Verdict: INH is much better
- Iolite: INH has no noise, has temp control. Verdict: INH is better
- NO2: The INH is smaller, less clunky version of the NO2 while maintaining NO2's great benefits, particularly the adjustable temp control. Also, the INH taste is purer and medication is clearer. Verdict: INH is better
- MFLB: No vape can beat the MFLB in stealth. Also, I use 15 min rapid chargers for my batteries, so my MFLB pratically has infinite battery capacity. I have about 12 spare batteries for a trip etc. However, the overhead of managing all of these batteries goes away with the Inhalater. The INH does not need any special techniques to draw, which takes some learning in case of the MFLB. The temp controls in the INH and the associated taste/vapor control trumps MFLB's. Verdict: Tie, actually one is better than the other in different circumstances

Why I chose the INH over other portables in the market. I have *not used* these protables myself, but have researched info available on FC before choosing the INH:

- TV-1: The battery management for the TV-1 was not exciting. Also due to not having a temp control, technique is important. The INH is more fool proof to technique.
- Da Vinci - Seemed to have some bugs that are getting addressed ex: the door design, running too hot, battery life etc. Will probably try the next version if the bugs are fixed.
- Pax - The prefixed temp settings seemed on the higher side for me. I like the 350F range for taste. Also, the ABV looked uneven in SliM's videos and even burnt, Feel like I may combust in this one. The non std charger has its associated disadvantages. Not sure how to add water pipes if you like cool vapors.
- puffIt - I prefered the e-cig form factor of the INH to the medical device look of the Puffit. It looked a little somber and dorky for my use. Not sure how to add water pipes if you like cool vapors.
- Solo - The external glass stem is a maintenance hassle. If the miVape ever comes out, it may give a more easy-to-maintain glass (airpath) portable vape.

Conculsion: Netting out the bads from the goods, I find the INH a great device due to - "pure" taste, "clear" medication, no special technique to use, and simplicity of device.

Kaptan

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post an updated on the temp scale on the Inhalater. The temperature range has been changed by the manufacturer to support a wider range of temperature settings. The original scale went from 1-7, then max. The new scale goes from 1-9, then max. An individual temp guide for each version is below:

Original Version (Temperature Knob shows 1-7, then Max):
1- 284F
2- 300F
3- 315F
4- 331F
5- 345F
6- 361F
7- 376F
Max- 392F

Updated Version, As of July 13, 2012 (Temperature Knob shows 1-9, then Max):
1- 284F
2- 297F
3- 309F
4- 322F
5- 334F
6- 347F
7- 356F
8- 369F
9- 381F
Max- 410F

I'm trying to find out what's up with the battery replacement procedure and cost now, along with when they're going to have some accessories ready. I'll be sure to post an update when I know what's up here.

Sincerely,
Taylor
In addition to these changes, the Auto shut off has been extended from 6 to 8 minutes. With the herb I'm using, I can get 2 full sessions and the ABV is evenly dark brown throughout. It seems the taste lasts much longer through a session than an Arizer Solo.

Edit to add.
fded3598.jpg

da6ffde9.jpg

Using the included silicone hygiene tip, you can attach an Arizer elbow to attach cleanly to a water piece.
Excuse the dirty elbow, as it hasn't been used in a while.
I was easily able to pull clouds that rival the Solo when used in the same bubbler. I'd give the edge to the INH due to the great flavor. If you are on the edge considering this one, take the plung.

The ability to use the device while it's charging with a USB plug was something Thermovape was striving to incorporate with the t1, but they ended up with an adapter that requires a power outlet at an addional cost of $125. That is half the cost of this device.

Also wanted to mention, Taylor at theothersidevapes has excellent customer service. You can't beat free overnight delivery. IME, it was the first vape I purchased that offered overnight for free.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
How is your experience with the adapter in a water pipe. I did the exact same setup actually, minus the metal screen in the glass part. I was not able to get very thick hits. The hits were much thicker when I direct inhaled through the mouth piece. Also the temperature drops when I hit it through the water pipe. When I start hitting in the pipe, the light starts flashing like it is loosing heat and can't keep up with the load. It will sometimes do that when I direct draw but not as often. I was kind of let down with the performance in my water pipe... I think I need to try again.

Slightly Medicated,

Kaptan

Do you have a 7 or 9 number markings on your knob?

I have 9 and set it at max when connected to my bubbler and get huge tasty clouds.

Kaptan,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have the new version with 1-9 and MAX. I set mine to MAX as well. The clouds were thinner then my Solo with the Water Pipe Adapter from PlanetVape. I will have to try again tonight.

Slightly Medicated,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I just picked up my inhalater! Almost immediatly I decided to remove the silver sticker which has the name on it... it's just too conspicuous. Other than that, me likey!

The unit fits really well in the hand and is very pocketable. Coming from the solo I think I am going to like the size of this alot more. Mine came completely charged; and I just gave it it's first whirl. The heating time on this thing is phenomenal; it gets to level 5 in about thirty to fourty seconds and keeps it's temperature well. Before I used bud in it, I gave it several dry pulls and got only hot, normal tasting air out of it. Then I filled one of the capsules up halfway and gave it a go. I don't have the tastiest bud right now so I don't want to make any claims about taste; but it defiantly does not add any extra burning taste like the solo will if the herb drops on the crucible.

The draw on the unit (mine is the 9 settings one) is comparable to the solo with a PVHES stem in it; mabey a little better. While the unit does not come with any caps for the capsules, I made my own by cutting some earplugs into small bits and they stick in there perfectly. You can keep a capsule in there with the cap on the unit for a quick session anywhere. The capsules are truly just a piece of rhombus shaped polymide wrapped up and held together at the top so I am a little disappointed that they cost almost 15 dollars each since they will certainly be difficult to clean after a while. As well; the bottom dial is very sensitive. It will not be easy to start the unit in your pocket; but once you turn it on it is very easy to move the dial.

All in all I really like this from my initial uses... will be able to give a better idea of taste tomorrow since I will be coming it to some nicely grown jack herer. Anyway thanks again to Taylor for the great service!

Kaptan

I did not remove the label, but I'm curious what it looks like without?

Unfortunately, I sent mine back for a replacement. Mine had a rattle and I was worried it would eventually fail.

Kaptan,
Top Bottom