Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

ictus

hey guys I searched but came up with too many false leads...

My INH004 has started 'acting up' for the last 2 weeks. The weekend-before-last, it would not turn on or charge (after leaving it plugged in overnight one day). I would turn it on, and it would blink like normal, but the blinking stayed perfectly rythmic instead of speeding up like it normally does. Then after 1-2 minutes of steady blinking it just turns off. Then it magically worked fine for a few days.

Then last weekend I get the same problem again. Try to turn it on and you get steady blinking for a few mins then it just shuts off (no noticeable heat either).

When I plug it in, the charging light goes green for only an instant then goes right back off.

I'm been using my ipad usb charger (5v 1a) but I've also tried using the stock one.... no go!

So is my battery done for?

ictus,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Did you let the battery discharge by any chance? I would try the stock charger and charger over night and see what happens.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
My INH004 has not yet had a bad day, or functioned poorly.
Still working great, It gets used daily during one of my chores, and after breaking the 1st capsuleto experiment....
after all of these months I am still on the same capsule... of course cleaning it at intervals!

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Still working great, It gets used daily during one of my chores, and after breaking the 1st capsuleto experiment....
after all of these months I am still on the same capsule... of course cleaning it at intervals!

Same here except that I broke one capsule by my fault (misuse). Otherwise, I am still quite impressed by the efficiency of this little device everytime I use it. I always feel I have achieved 100% extraction when I'm done with a session. I use it everyday, many times per day since I have it. Works like a champ.

Vaporisateur,

ictus

Did you let the battery discharge by any chance? I would try the stock charger and charger over night and see what happens.

I don't think it was fully discharged but I don't really know. Prior to it not working, I had used it heavily one night to the point where it wouldn't heat up anymore (5-6 capsules) so that night I plugged it in to charge and went to bed. The next day the charge light was off, and the INH still wouldn't start.

So this morning I tried firing it up again and eventually got it going. I turned it just to 1, and at first it did the same thing as before, blinked then stopped and wouldn't charge.

After trying 2-3 more times and failing, suddenly it started charging again and it turned on the next try.

Then I just took it out for a spin and it worked fine for 3 full sessions (stopped because I was done, not because batteries failed again).... so it appears to be working again but I don't know why it keeps doing this lately. My guess is it will work for another week but I will keep you guys posted.

And Vito, I used my INH pretty much every day as well at least 4-5 capsules. I tend to use the INH in the early morning (so nice to take outside!) as well as in the evening when I am outside walking the dogs etc. In between while I am at the couch or desk it's split evenly between the INH and Cloud.

ictus,

Dreamerr

ictus, if it is working great, it still sounds like the battery took a hit. Keep charging it over night and see if that solves it. If it doesn't maybe after a few drops something got loose.

Dreamerr,

ictus

Last night it was working fine and I got a good 5-6 sessions out of it. I used it until the battery died completely. Then last night around 1am I plugged it in to charge. The light came on and stayed on for the several minutes I was awake. I then went to sleep.

This morning the charge light was off (as it should be after 5 hours). I tried to fire it up, but it just did the steady blinking then shut off. Now its back to a state where it will not turn on or charge. I have a feeling I will have to keep trying to turn it on until it works, but once it does work it will work until the battery is dead again.

I'm pretty sure the battery is full right now but no way to verify.

ictus,

Dreamerr

It sounds like a circuit board issue or something loose...send it back.

Dreamerr,

ictus

I would, if I thought it was a good idea to send a resin filled tube in the mail ( no way to get these clean inside). To me it's not worth the possible risk just for the 200 bucks. I'd rather buy another one.

I just dropped it with a thud and it came beck on, hahaha.

ictus,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I would, if I thought it was a good idea to send a resin filled tube in the mail ( no way to get these clean inside). To me it's not worth the possible risk just for the 200 bucks. I'd rather buy another one.

It's totally worth it! What's the risk? Getting it confiscated by mail services, but very unlikely. Just put a fake return address if you're so scared. Leave your nickname inside the enveloppe and arrange with Pharmacor ahead of time for the 'real' return address... or what if I send you 50$ and you ship it to me? I'll take care of it lol j/k

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I just found the perfect little charger for my INH when fishing, camping or at the cabin. No petroleum, just renewable resources. I can even cook or make a coffee while charging. So smart! :D

SM111122-06-V3-648x498.jpg

SPECS:
Size: It's 8.25" x 5" when packed.

Weight 33 oz (935 grams)
Fuel Renewable biomass (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
Fire Power Output Peak: 3.4 kW (LO), 5.5 kW (HI)
USB Power Output Max continuous: 2W @5V, Peak: 4W @5V
Compatible Devices Powers most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones.
Charging Time iPhone 4S (2G): 20 minutes of charging provides 60 minutes of talk time.
Charging times vary by device and by strength of fire.
Boil Time 4.5 minutes to boil 1 liter of water. Varies based on strength of fire.
Fuel Quantity 1.6oz (46g) of wood to boil 1 L of water

In the box BioLite Stove
Firelighter
Stuff Sack
Instructions
USB Cord (for internal battery charging)

129$
http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I saw those being used after hurricane Sandy, in some of the photos. I would love to get one. So I just closed a deal on another used INH004 and should have it in a few daze. :D

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am using the INH004 once a day. I use it on level 5, then do a second session on 6/7.
ABV still perfectly brown.
I am still on the original capsule, (not counting the first one that I broke intentionally)
I do clean it in an Iso bath weekly, and then I swab the sides firmly with Iso laden Q-Tip, until I get no tan.
I am still pleased and impressed with it's function, and I have been using it a good long while~

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It was a tough choice to get the 004 again or the XP, and seeing how many different opinions are out there about the XP I decided to go with the 004 again. It looks like I am getting the later model with the black/flat cap. I have 3 jars of ABV that could be run through the 004, help me conserve my meds a bit more. I'll be happy to have the 004 in the rotation again. I still have 3 capsules here, ready and waiting. Glad to be getting back on board. :tup:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Pretty is as pretty does.
That which is useful is beautiful
Flat cap rocks.
Actually it doesn't "rock" and that's part of the point. It stands up to hold capsules and tubes.... and also.....
after I load your INH004 I like to leave my capsules with open end toward the sky, until after I have taken 2-3 good hits... this "glues" the herb into position with heat so that crumbs no longer fall into the unit.
When I load a cap, and insert it I stand my Inhalator on it's head rather than 'rightsideup'... this is easy because the cap is flat. (just dont knock it down, or place it where it wont get bumped). I turn it on as it stands upright/upsidedown... and when it is hot I grab her for those hits..
Damn... I ramble...
...back to my premise...
Pretty is as pretty does.
That which is useful is beautiful
Flat cap rocks.

P.S.- I love the flat caps~

AdmiralAlpacha

Same here, I've been extremely impressed with it. I have had it for several months now. It has seen probably 4 capsules a day if averaged. Still works like the day I got it still give incredible vapor and if used through filtration or at a ~7 it also gives very gentle vapor. Sometimes I have to try a time or three when turning it on to get the light to actuate (this is usually when turning it on after the auto shutoff).

Capsule prices are my only complaint. I've gone through probably 5 since I've bought it. Two that came with it, and 3 bought afterwards. One a pal accidentally broke (it was a bit too tight, so it was bound to happen), the rest just used until I felt they were very very worn. I clean them regularly to try to maximize their life span.

Once I see the capsule prices fall as promised and it sounds like any issues with the xp's have been ironed out. I will probably buy one and retire my 004.

I've become pretty attached to my trusty inhalter lol.

Edit: I also wanted to add I am very excited for when capsule prices do fall, when I finally reitre my old dirty capsule and get a new one it is like a holiday. A new capsule preserves so much more of the flavor. A session with an new cap is noticably more enjoyable than a old dirty one. I can't wait until they get into the price range where I could replace them often.

slartibartfast

Last night it was working fine and I got a good 5-6 sessions out of it. I used it until the battery died completely. Then last night around 1am I plugged it in to charge. The light came on and stayed on for the several minutes I was awake. I then went to sleep.

This morning the charge light was off (as it should be after 5 hours). I tried to fire it up, but it just did the steady blinking then shut off. Now its back to a state where it will not turn on or charge. I have a feeling I will have to keep trying to turn it on until it works, but once it does work it will work until the battery is dead again.

I'm pretty sure the battery is full right now but no way to verify.

Check your charger dude. I was having issues with mine and when I looked, I noticed that the usb cable was only halfway into the charger. So the unit lit up like it was charging but it wasn't actually getting a charge. Re-seated the connection, let it charge up and I haven't had any issues since.

Same here, I've been extremely impressed with it. I have had it for several months now. It has seen probably 4 capsules a day if averaged. Still works like the day I got it still give incredible vapor and if used through filtration or at a ~7 it also gives very gentle vapor. Sometimes I have to try a time or three when turning it on to get the light to actuate (this is usually when turning it on after the auto shutoff).

Capsule prices are my only complaint. I've gone through probably 5 since I've bought it. Two that came with it, and 3 bought afterwards. One a pal accidentally broke (it was a bit too tight, so it was bound to happen), the rest just used until I felt they were very very worn. I clean them regularly to try to maximize their life span.

Once I see the capsule prices fall as promised and it sounds like any issues with the xp's have been ironed out. I will probably buy one and retire my 004.

I've become pretty attached to my trusty inhalter lol.

Edit: I also wanted to add I am very excited for when capsule prices do fall, when I finally reitre my old dirty capsule and get a new one it is like a holiday. A new capsule preserves so much more of the flavor. A session with an new cap is noticably more enjoyable than a old dirty one. I can't wait until they get into the price range where I could replace them often.
I use mine every day for six months and I go through about three to four bowls a day and I've only been through two capsules. One broke that was my fault. How are you going through so many?

A couple of notes on usage with this thing. It's much easier to clean out a capsule while it's still hot. If you're finishing a bowl, letting the unit shut off and trying to clear it while cold, you're going to have a harder time. Empty the avb while it's still hot and clean the screen and capsule with an MFLB brush. Every once in a while run some high proof alcohol through it to reclaim built up good stuff. (Not too long, a minute or so will do, especially if you use a brush.

Also, I recommend changing the screen in the capsule. I grind fine so I cut up a DBV screen and replaced the screen in my capsule with that.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

slartibartfast,

AdmiralAlpacha

I use mine every day for six months and I go through about three to four bowls a day and I've only been through two capsules. One broke that was my fault. How are you going through so many?

Just lots of use mostly. I almost always empty it while hot (occasionally at the end of a session I will forget, or I will be out somewhere I can't easily dump it.) I try to swab it with alcohol every couple of days and give it a good cleaning every week or so, but sometimes I slack on this.

I live with 4 other guys who all smoke so it is part of a lot of group sessions. Because there is so many people it might get 10 capsule ran through it in a day sometimes. I do at least 2 a day by myself. As I said about 4 capsules probably if averaged per day. I guess maybe I slack too much on cleaning often enough for how much use it gets. I also wouldn't say the capsules are completely toast when I retire them.

AdmiralAlpacha,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:clap: I should be getting my 004 today! Looking forward to it! This one still has all the stickers, I'm sure they will be removed promptly. I was using holographic dot stickers I made using a hole punch to mark my sweet spots on the dial, instead of relying on the numbers. They blended in well with the black plastic because they were black tone with a little rainbow shimmer when the light hit. My 2 favorite temps to use: dry was 3, and wet was between 7-8. I'm curious to see if this next 004 performs the way my last one did.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's here! Seems to work pretty good, a few times I have seen it go to dim fast flashing light, but if I turn it of and on again, it works fine... I will keep an eye on that. I put a small section of 1/4" high temp soft silicone tubing on the tip of the capsule, and folded that back over onto itself, making it double thick, giving it a good seal with the 14mm joint on the Pinnacle Water Tool and also allowing it to sit on the top of the INH making a pretty stable connection. I had it set around 7 in the vid.

Trge8Kg.jpg

KHILKOm.jpg

Top Bottom