Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
It's here! Seems to work pretty good, a few times I have seen it go to dim fast flashing light, but if I turn it of and on again, it works fine... I will keep an eye on that. I put a small section of 1/4" high temp soft silicone tubing on the tip of the capsule, and folded that back over onto itself, making it double thick, giving it a good seal with the 14mm joint on the Pinnacle Water Tool and also allowing it to sit on the top of the INH making a pretty stable connection. I had it set around 7 in the vid.

Trge8Kg.jpg

KHILKOm.jpg

Awesome.. Is the pinnacle VT available seperately. The flashing light issue is a bummer. wait a few months or whenever until the XP's get stable and send it in for replacement.

BTW: Still loving those tie dyes I bought from you last year. I get tons of compliments on them especially the peace sign. regardless, anymore up on etsy. I lost the bookmark. PM me a link please if you have anything up there....

peace
ru_frothi
Silicon Valley, CA

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm not sure if they are selling the WT separate on the vape site, but you can get them on ebay, try to make an offer of $95... they are asking $110, buy it now. It works pretty well with the INH, I could have put a smidgen more water in mine, but felt lazy.

jambandphan03,

spanner

Had a session with a friend yesterday, filled a cap to the max set on about 6. We had about 15 hits with some nice big clouds and i decided to show my friend what the abv looked like expecting it to be dark choc colour. To my amazement the entire load looked fresh green? Could this be explained by the fact that the grind size was uniformly larger and it was not as dry as normal? If so this is the way to go in future.
Also what would be the benefit of using water pipe as above? Do you get larger clouds?

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hello everyone

Sorry for such a long time away. Have been missing the place.

It appears that we are set to resume production of Inhalaters next week. We aim to run a straight line in service and supply from there on. Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

At this time expect reliability problems to be sorted out, additionnaly, temperature range is more incompassing and automatic mode for tobacco like substates fully operational.

Will post confirmation as soon as our components are in hand

slartibartfast

So my inh004 stopped charging. I contacted inhalater directly and never got a response. My reseller can't do anything for me because he says inhalater is not getting him new stock. Anyone ever get theirs serviced? What's going on with these guys?

hey guys I searched but came up with too many false leads...

My INH004 has started 'acting up' for the last 2 weeks. The weekend-before-last, it would not turn on or charge (after leaving it plugged in overnight one day). I would turn it on, and it would blink like normal, but the blinking stayed perfectly rythmic instead of speeding up like it normally does. Then after 1-2 minutes of steady blinking it just turns off. Then it magically worked fine for a few days.

Then last weekend I get the same problem again. Try to turn it on and you get steady blinking for a few mins then it just shuts off (no noticeable heat either).

When I plug it in, the charging light goes green for only an instant then goes right back off.

I'm been using my ipad usb charger (5v 1a) but I've also tried using the stock one.... no go!

So is my battery done for?

Same thing happened to me!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

slartibartfast,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would keep trying to contact INH. I also have one of the older models, that is still under warranty, so it would be nice to know that we are still able to get customer service from them, if needed.

jambandphan03,

slartibartfast

I would keep trying to contact INH. I also have one of the older models, that is still under warranty, so it would be nice to know that we are still able to get customer service from them, if needed.

Yeah it really would be nice to know they stand behind their warranty. I emailed a week ago, nothing. I just PMd the inhalater FC account.

I love this product but if I don't get any response from them soon, I am never going to recommend this to anyone here or on reddit ever again.

slartibartfast,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did start getting a dim light during charge...
Try "weighting" the balance of the charger at the usb port... I found I could get mine to charge brightly.. and I can prop it to maintain that position easily.

Vitolo,
Reactions: exit

exit

Sounds like the contacts might need polishing. I have had similar experiences with non-vape devices that charge similarly to the INH004 so it's just a hunch but might help someone. Don't take it as definitive advice though

exit,

slartibartfast

I did start getting a dim light during charge...
Try "weighting" the balance of the charger at the usb port... I found I could get mine to charge brightly.. and I can prop it to maintain that position easily.

Tried that, I definitely get the charging light to blink off and on when I wiggle it around. It's probably a loose connection somewhere.

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I just had to send mine when I received because it did not work ... they return me the item in perfect condition, but sometimes I can't turn on it... I had to do "on / off" many times before it works again !
In addition, compared to the other vaporizers that I have, I thought it changed the taste of grass.... finally I decided to sell it !!! :\

AdmiralAlpacha

I just had to send mine when I received because it did not work ... they return me the item in perfect condition, but sometimes I can't turn on it... I had to do "on / off" many times before it works again !
In addition, compared to the other vaporizers that I have, I thought it changed the taste of grass.... finally I decided to sell it !!! :\

My taste dosn't seem to be affected, but I have had that on/off problem since I got mine, when it does that I spin the knob really fast and it seems more likely to work, it might just be coincidence but I still do it :|.

It would be nice to know inhalater is nearby in times of need though.

But who am I kidding whenever this thing dies there will be something new I really want anyway.

*knock on wood*

AdmiralAlpacha,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I just picked up a second hand unit from a member here!!
Should be arriving today or tomorrow!

Hoping it does not develop any issues mentioned in these last few pages!
I know it is coming to me in great condition and it has had no issues so far!

Looking forward to a portable that is not too huge!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
My used INH is working fine. It had a dim light a few times when I turned it on, so I just turn it off and on, and it was working normal again. Only happened a few times when I first got it, and have not seen that problem since. I do like the extraction level of the INH, and how well it performs. Been running around 5 dry and 7 w/glass.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
One of the reasons i love this forum is that you can research a vape and cut down on any learning curve just by reading the threads!!

Not sure i can get through 106 pages today though...LOL!!

lazylathe,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Does anyone know if there is an instruction manual for this vape?
I have found the basic instructions on the Inhalater website but they are very basic.
Does not tell you anything about blinking lights etc...

Also found the description on vaporpedia.

Looks like i have some reading to do to figure this guy out correctly!
Thanks to everyone that is going to make my life easier by posting here!!!

lazylathe,

lazylathe

Almost there...
First impressions on my used Inhalater:

Slightly bigger than i thought it would be, not bad though.
Takes a lot more herb to load a tube than my other vapes.
Heat up time is about 60 seconds.
Flavor is pretty good, not as good as my Vapolution 2.0 but no other comparisons between them.
On 3 i get very fine and whispy vapour clouds
On 8 they improve a lot but are not as big as i would like, have to practise!
The whistle that you get when drawing is different...
It does a solid job of getting you where you want to be!
I think with practise this unit could be very good!!

lazylathe,

lazylathe

Almost there...
A few more items from my first few hours with the INH004:

I used a total of 4 capsules last night, about double what i would use in my log vape.
Both get me to where i need to be for aches and pains.

The heat from the unit is pretty hot for me when inhaling but that makes sense since the draw path is very short and the vapor has no time to cool down. May try installing a long bit of silicone tubing onto the canister and see how that works.
Vapor flavor is there but not as strong as i like it, could be because of the heat though.

LOVE the rapid heat up time!!
Ready to vape in under two minutes!! Great for a quick rip and then back upstairs.

So far i do like this vape a lot, it could not be my daily driver as it is a herb hog.
I bought it to take on walks with the dogs and bike rides in the forest.
It is pretty stealthy, especially with the decals removed.
Easy to use with a pretty short learning curve.

Need to see how i can clean the chamber though, especially the sides as it seems to have had something combust in there at one point of it's life. The ceramic lining has an orange color to it that makes me think it has some polyamide stuck to it. Maybe a good rub down with q-tips and ISO is what is needed.

All in all this is a great little vape!
Easy to use, load and the charging with either the wall wart or the USB is awesome!

lazylathe,
Reactions: ataxian

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The inside is lined with poly, so I just use a qtip with a little tiny bit of Iso on it to give a cleaning. If it's still warm inside, I just use a dry qtip. Eventually the little screen down inside might get clogged, and can be carefully removed for cleaning. There are tips here in the thread about doing that, use the search feature to help find it. I soak my capsules in Iso when they start to get clogged.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The inside is lined with poly, so I just use a qtip with a little tiny bit of Iso on it to give a cleaning....
I would like to ad to this tip.... with that barely Iso'd Q-Tip... I try to go down in all the way prior to contacting the wall. Then I get the q-tip up against one wall and drag it upward, so that I am "licking" the oils off onto the "tongue" that is my Q-tip.
I do this to minimize residue left behind. I am using a clean portion/side of qtip with each swipe, if not a fresh q-tip.

Kaptan

I posted this in the XP thread, I thought it could help those few not following the other thread :)

I know a few guys mentioned the vapor can be quite hot on the throat using the INH.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previous, but if you also have a Solo vape, the Planet Vape GONG pieces are perfect to cool the vapor from the Inhalater XP / 004. I cut one of the blue silicone extended mouthpieces in half and placed the bowl end of the GONG on the end. It's not necessary to cut in half, it was just easier to also add the PN WT. I used a 14mm gong and there seemed to be less air restriction and much cooler vapor. Not a good way to travel, but perfect at home.

Kaptan,
Reactions: PAZ

Qbit

cannabanana
I'm wondering, is the 004 still on sale? And if so, why? I know the XP has been out for a long time, but the 004 listing on Planetvape is still up, at the same price as the XP, though it says 'out of stock'.

Qbit,

omgomghax

how do I clean this thing inh xp ? I know it was mentioned in this thread but I have no idea how to find it efficiently.

omgomghax,

al bundy

Vaporist
@ Qbit Ive seen them on ebay also for $249 US. Been eyeing the XP but with all the kinks I was reading up on the INH 004

al bundy,
Top Bottom