The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

6079Smith

Just ordered a walnut Hydrobrick Maxx. I definitely have VAS, my 5th vape in the last 4 months! Can't wait to try this one out!
You've made an excellent decision and are in for a real treat- this is my third brick in about as many months, if that says anything! :) Welcome to the thread/forum

Walnut maxx has my name on it, as well. I had considered waiting on possible exotics.. caved precisely eleven minutes after launch, lol

Congrats on another smooth launch, @StickyBricks and crew! Shout out to the betas, too, can't wait to get my hands on this and give it a go

tylerj55

Soooo... I ordered the wrong type of wood on accident as I took a break from class to order this and was in a hurry, is it possible to change that? My order status is still processing.
*edit* I e-mailed as well and they got back to me saying they would switch it out after like 5 minutes... That's good service!!

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
Hey folks, all orders have shipped but I'm having a hard time getting my automated shipping software to play nice with my shopping cart software so I'm having to manually enter all tracking numbers. You will get tracking, it's just taking some time.

Also, for all international orders...there is an option at checkout for registered postage which is the only way to get a tracking number. I seem to get this question often and there is nothing I can do for tracking unless you pay for that option. Sorry for any confusion, but it's basically double the cost of international shipping and we cannot afford to eat that cost.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Just got my HydroBrick in. Any usage tips or guides or anything I should look into? This is my first butane powered vape ever lol
I don't have a HydroBrick but my technique for huge hits with the Brick and Junior should work just as well or better on the Hydro:

Load the chamber mostly full and loose, don't tamp. I use a medium grind, as long as you don't grind too fine you should be okay.

Use a strong flame, about 1-1.25 inches in length. Keep the outer flame positioned so the very tip is roughly flush with the heat intake.

Keep the carb closed the entire hit until you're ready to clear.

Start with a slow draw, and as soon as you see vapor increase your draw speed. You should see the vapor thin slightly. You can match your draw speed to vapor thickness, and achieve equilibrium with the heat source. You may have to move the flame a little but you should have plenty of control with your draw alone.

The faster the draw speed the better the results with this technique. The torch is an extremely powerful heat source, don't worry about it keeping up with the wide open airflow.

Try not to let up too much on your draw speed as this can cause charring. If done properly you should have no hot spots in the chamber, at least not from the first several hits. And you should be getting massive, tasty, smooth, face melting hits.

I could also share microdosing or low temp techniques if you'd like.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I don't have a HydroBrick but my technique for huge hits with the Brick and Junior should work just as well or better on the Hydro:

Load the chamber mostly full and loose, don't tamp. I use a medium grind, as long as you don't grind too fine you should be okay.

Use a strong flame, about 1-1.25 inches in length. Keep the outer flame positioned so the very tip is roughly flush with the heat intake.

Keep the carb closed the entire hit until you're ready to clear.

Start with a slow draw, and as soon as you see vapor increase your draw speed. You should see the vapor thin slightly. You can match your draw speed to vapor thickness, and achieve equilibrium with the heat source. You may have to move the flame a little but you should have plenty of control with your draw alone.

The faster the draw speed the better the results with this technique. The torch is an extremely powerful heat source, don't worry about it keeping up with the wide open airflow.

Try not to let up too much on your draw speed as this can cause charring. If done properly you should have no hot spots in the chamber, at least not from the first several hits. And you should be getting massive, tasty, smooth, face melting hits.

I could also share microdosing or low temp techniques if you'd like.
Just got my HydroBrick in. Any usage tips or guides or anything I should look into? This is my first butane powered vape ever lol
Don't forget to plug the carb!:dog:
A lot of what I will say has already been said by @Vapor_Eyes (thanks btw!)who is a great contributer to this forum.

Start with a medium to find consistency.
Make sure your carb is plugged.
Load material in chamber
Place hydratube on 18mm Male Joint. If using a whip connect to joint. If using a dry mouthpiece connect.
I find not having a water tool attached while loading is extremely helpful at keeping my pieces from going into the broken glass thread.
Set your touch to about 3/4-1 inch length. You will choose your desired length after you git your technique down.
Starting drawing. I usually do a fast draw to make my hydratube percolate
rapidly.
Hold the torch flame about 3-5 cm above the intake. I usually circle the torch around inside the intake.

When you reach close to desired hit stop the torch and continue drawing until vapor is gone from the water tool or mouthpeice.

Edit: @Vapor_Eyes I see you did say to did say to plug the carb. Whoops. Lol

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

Ok so I just fired up my hydrobrick for the first time. I am typing this at about an 11 on a 1-10 scale. This thing is amazing! I loaded it up with some medium grind bud, not too much, and was able to get 3 pretty big hits through my water pipe. That did it for me. I will be using it for the rest of the day so I will give more input when I have had a chance to play with it for a day.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Ok so I just fired up my hydrobrick for the first time. I am typing this at about an 11 on a 1-10 scale. This thing is amazing! I loaded it up with some medium grind bud, not too much, and was able to get 3 pretty big hits through my water pipe. That did it for me. I will be using it for the rest of the day so I will give more input when I have had a chance to play with it for a day.
Sticky Sunday! I'm in the process of testing my Hydro add-on for the OG Brick and I agree with your notes so far. :sherlock: :science:

savorntrees

I posted a review with some pics and a video over on reddit, I hope you guys like it! Here it is:

Hydrobrick (Walnut) album

Https://imgur.com/a/hq044

Video

Introduction

The Hydrobrick is a torch-heated full convection vaporizer created by Sticky Brick Labs. It is a variation of the Sticky Brick, which borrows it's design from the Triihouse Daisy, which is no longer in production.

The variation that sets the HB apart from the SB is the 18mm male joint in place of mouthpiece. This allows for the use of a hydratube (many cheap hydratubes can be found on dhgate, or Entexchange), a whip and connector for other glass, or any 18mm Female mouthpiece you happen to have.

Initially, there were some fears that the user would be inhaling butane when using the vaporizer. However, if the jet lighter is functioning properly, the butane burns very clean, and byproducts of the butane combustion are natural and not unhealthy to inhale.

Ease of Use: 9/10

I've used the Lotus extensively, and the Milaana quite a bit, with the Sticky Brick in 3rd. (Wanted to try the Brick before I bought the Hydrobrick on release day)

The margin of error is quite large on this vape compared to other "manual" vapes I've used. Just like the advantage of a gas stove over electric, the position of the torch allows for very quick temperature adjustments, allowing you to ride the line between vape and combustion with ease.
In addition, the long glass intake I'd very forgiving in regards to temp control. I plug the carb with the included cork, and I've not combusted once.

You get vapor in less than a second and a half, and one or two stirs is all I've needed to vape the load.

Efficiency: 10/10

You can load a small amount or large amount, depending on how much you want to stir.

For max efficiency, loading just enough to cover the screen is the best way to go. And since it's on demand and it practically instantly cools if you draw after you take the torch off, there's no wasted vapor. You simply vape what you want, whenever you want it.

Taste: 9/10

Very clean convection taste. Don't really taste wood, unless it's a bum hit.

Stealth: 2/10

It would be pretty conspicuous to use this in public. This is more of a mobile desktop than a portable.

Gets a 2 because it's not a joint or a blunt.

Looks: 10/10

Beautiful walnut, smooth finish, detailed and cleanly applied logo.

Function: 9/10

Easiest and fastest manual vape I've used. I've not combusted once, and I think as long as I don't push the load size too big, it'll stay that way. Even sticking a 1/4 of the flame in the intake didn't result in combustion, though it tasted very close. I would say idiotproof, but I don't know how someone coming from a Flowermate or a Solo would fair with it the first couple times.

Cost: 10/10

It comes with 5 screens, two carb corks, two wooden stir sticks, an Honest torch, and a stainless steel stir/scoop tool that you can see in a couple of the pics is light enough to stick to the side because of the magnets.

I feel that with this level of craftsmanship and performance, the Hydrobrick is a steal at $154.95. It would take some convincing for me to believe the Hydrobrick Maxx is worth the extra $50 for the extra holes and the cap, but I'm trying to be frugal at the moment, and this review is specifically for the Hydrobrick I ordered so I may be biased in that regard.

Final thoughts:

This vape is crazy efficient, and I can tell that with more practice, I'm going to be able to produce monster hits that kick me in the throat with convected trichomy goodness.

This vape is one of the most versatile convection vapes ever released. It meets the definition of on-demand better than any convection vapes out right now. The Lotus takes 5-10 sec, the Milaana takes about 10, the Grasshopper takes 5, but the Hydrobrick takes *less than 2 seconds* to produce vapor. And it can be used dry or through water at the drop of a hat. I sold my Sticky Brick, LSV, and Milaana, because they seemed obsolete when I have this Hydrobrick in my possession.

This is the best convection on-demand vape on the Market.

Pointers:

The only way you can have a bad experience is if you rush the process and stick the torch in too far before you've had enough practice. Keep the flame size low to medium, don't stick more than a 1/4 of the flame in the intake, only load small amounts, and you'll have a really hard time combusting.

When first starting out, hold the flame an inch away from the intake, then slowly bring it closer. If you start producing a ton of vapor before you get the flame close, your torch is set too high in my opinion. I like the flame to just break the plane of being inside the intake. You can control the air temperature by moving the flame up and down while plugging the carb, or keeping the flame more constant and opening/closing the carb. I prefer the former.

Edit: I like to post then proofread, sorry :)

And thanks for the format randomdude69

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I posted a review with some pics and a video over on reddit, I hope you guys like it! Here it is:

Hydrobrick (Walnut) album

Https://imgur.com/a/hq044

Video

Introduction

The Hydrobrick is a torch-heated full convection vaporizer created by Sticky Brick Labs. It is a variation of the Sticky Brick, which borrows it's design from the Triihouse Daisy, which is no longer in production.

The variation that sets the HB apart from the SB is the 18mm male joint in place of mouthpiece. This allows for the use of a hydratube (many cheap hydratubes can be found on dhgate, or Entexchange), a whip and connector for other glass, or any 18mm Female mouthpiece you happen to have.

Initially, there were some fears that the user would be inhaling butane when using the vaporizer. However, if the jet lighter is functioning properly, the butane burns very clean, and byproducts of the butane combustion are natural and not unhealthy to inhale.

Ease of Use: 9/10

I've used the Lotus extensively, and the Milaana quite a bit, with the Sticky Brick in 3rd. (Wanted to try the Brick before I bought the Hydrobrick on release day)

The margin of error is quite large on this vape compared to other "manual" vapes I've used. Just like the advantage of a gas stove over electric, the position of the torch allows for very quick temperature adjustments, allowing you to ride the line between vape and combustion with ease.
In addition, the long glass intake I'd very forgiving in regards to temp control. I plug the carb with the included cork, and I've not combusted once.

You get vapor in less than a second and a half, and one or two stirs is all I've needed to vape the load.

Efficiency: 10/10

You can load a small amount or large amount, depending on how much you want to stir.

For max efficiency, loading just enough to cover the screen is the best way to go. And since it's on demand and it practically instantly cools if you draw after you take the torch off, there's no wasted vapor. You simply vape what you want, whenever you want it.

Taste: 9/10

Very clean convection taste. Don't really taste wood, unless it's a bum hit.

Stealth: 2/10

It would be pretty conspicuous to use this in public. This is more of a mobile desktop than a portable.

Gets a 2 because it's not a joint or a blunt.

Looks: 10/10

Beautiful walnut, smooth finish, detailed and cleanly applied logo.

Function: 9/10

Easiest and fastest manual vape I've used. I've not combusted once, and I think as long as I don't push the load size too big, it'll stay that way. Even sticking a 1/4 of the flame in the intake didn't result in combustion, though it tasted very close. I would say idiotproof, but I don't know how someone coming from a Flowermate or a Solo would fair with it the first couple times.

Cost: 10/10

It comes with 5 screens, two carb corks, two wooden stir sticks, an Honest torch, and a stainless steel stir/scoop tool that you can see in a couple of the pics is light enough to stick to the side because of the magnets.

I feel that with this level of craftsmanship and performance, the Hydrobrick is a steal at $154.95. It would take some convincing for me to believe the Hydrobrick Maxx is worth the extra $50 for the extra holes and the cap, but I'm trying to be frugal at the moment, and this review is specifically for the Hydrobrick I ordered so I may be biased in that regard.

Final thoughts:

This vape is crazy efficient, and I can tell that with more practice, I'm going to be able to produce monster hits that kick me in the throat with convected trichomy goodness.

This vape is one of the most versatile convection vapes ever released. It meets the definition of on-demand better than any convection vapes out right now. The Lotus takes 5-10 sec, the Milaana takes about 10, the Grasshopper takes 5, but the Hydrobrick takes *less than 2 seconds* to produce vapor. And it can be used dry or through water at the drop of a hat. I sold my Sticky Brick, LSV, and Milaana, because they seemed obsolete when I have this Hydrobrick in my possession.

This is the best convection on-demand vape on the Market.

Pointers:

The only way you can have a bad experience is if you rush the process and stick the torch in too far before you've had enough practice. Keep the flame size low to medium, don't stick more than a 1/4 of the flame in the intake, only load small amounts, and you'll have a really hard time combusting.

When first starting out, hold the flame an inch away from the intake, then slowly bring it closer. If you start producing a ton of vapor before you get the flame close, your torch is set too high in my opinion. I like the flame to just break the plane of being inside the intake. You can control the air temperature by moving the flame up and down while plugging the carb, or keeping the flame more constant and opening/closing the carb. I prefer the former.

Edit: I like to post then proofread, sorry :)

And thanks for the format randomdude69
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the unit. We truly appreciate it.

We appreciate all the help from everyone on this thread and the other Sticky Brick Labs threads Beta testers and customers.
Thanks everyone for all the love in this thread.

savorntrees

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the unit. We truly appreciate it.

We appreciate all the help from everyone on this thread and the other Sticky Brick Labs threads Beta testers and customers.
Thanks everyone for all the love in this thread.

My pleasure. Thanks for reviving the classic Daisy design, as well as innovating new ways to apply the simple and effective heating system!

6079Smith

@StickyBricks Is there any pics of a Maxx unit next to a OG brick?? Just curious
Also will puffitup be selling the hydros/Maxx and accessories in the future??
Thanks
Boom :)
LHXa4sj.jpg

ymzhF6o.jpg

QmiW3u6.jpg

n2kskAC.jpg

There's bound to be some parallax error but it should be minimal, I lined it up by sight and then matched the camera view. Total height of Sr is 8" at top of mp.

I'm to be late to the Hydro party, there was a shipping error upon arrival. StickyBricks made it right immediately once it was made known, I simply need to wait a few extra days of shipping time. Luckily, I have Sr and Jr to console me- meaning I am still very spoiled by any measure.

Nice review, @savorntrees! Very cool to see some feedback from early purchasers

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm still not quite sure which is the proper thread for posting about the Hydro add-on for the OG Brick. I've been posting about my experiences using the whip adaptor over there. I thought this thread might be more appropriate for this post, since I just got a HydraTube!

I wanted to get a VapeXhale one. At first I couldn't decide which one, I was leaning towards the turbine. After I kept getting such massive hits from my Hydro add-on, the choice became clear, I went with the honeycomb.

My D020-D just didn't have enough diffusion, and the low drag made it harder to modulate my drawspeed. I figured the honeycomb would work well for that. I'm normally all about flavor but I have other glass for that, this was all about max diffusion. I'm going to break out the HydraTube when going for the biggest hits possible. I have different vapes for different uses, same concept with glass.

WHHcoy2.jpg

I like to rotate the Brick 45° counterclockwise, making the heat intake visible:

OJ1c8UE.jpg

This is how it looks when I hit it, I can easily see the heat intake as well as vapor forming:

1eqn01G.jpg

As far as performance, it definitely has the most drag of all my pieces, which is what I wanted. It might be too much for some people. It does seem to kill a good amount of flavor too but it's too early to tell how much it's affecting taste. It makes the hits super smooth. The diffusion is definitely doing its job. :tup:

And as far as aesthetics go it's as close to a vapor bong as you can get. It brings back memories from long ago for me. It feels wonderful to use, they're a match made in heaven. It feels like the OG Brick evolved into a higher form while simultaneously reverting to its natural state of existence, if that makes any sense. It probably doesn't, I've been getting Sticky all day!

The whip adaptor works well and allows for a lot of flexibility, but it's just not the same as having everything contained in one unit. For the full experience I highly recommend a hydrotube to go with your HydroBrick! :science:

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The whip adaptor works well and allows for a lot of flexibility, but it's just not the same as having everything contained in one unit. For the full experience I highly recommend a hydrotube to go with your HydroBrick! :science:
I might have to revisit the hydro-tube, as I have gotten great advice from you before...

My experience has been the opposite and initially I was the most excited about the HT, because I'm not a fan of silicone tubing for some reason that I'm not sure about.

While it works okay, the whip has always provided bigger clouds and a more satisfying draw imo...the true beauty of a brick is that it goes so many ways!

But I guess the particular tube you have also plays some role?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I might have to revisit the hydro-tube, as I have gotten great advice from you before...

My experience has been the opposite and initially I was the most excited about the HT, because I'm not a fan of silicone tubing for some reason that I'm not sure about.

While it works okay, the whip has always provided bigger clouds and a more satisfying draw imo...the true beauty of a brick is that it goes so many ways!

But I guess the particular tube you have also plays some role?
I'm still honing my technique, I can probably get bigger hits with the whip. More than anything it's the experience of having it all together in a single handheld unit that makes me prefer it. I like using my OG dry for the same reason, even though the hits aren't as big. Maybe it's because I'm new to hydrotubes and it's a honeymoon period. I think I just like the form factor, and when combined with the direct draw butane heat source it really mimics the bong experience.

The drag on the tube does seem to help milk, and there seems to be less lag and better feedback than the whip. I had to change my technique to compensate for the increased drag, I'm still dialing it in.

It milks so fast and so hard I keep getting gun-shy going for the big hits to be honest. I keep thinking it's about to combust, but I haven't got any hot spots when I check. I'm trying to err on the side of caution for now and not combust.

The D020-D was the exact opposite, there was so little drag it made it hard to walk that fine line of high temp extraction. I'm not a fan of that piece in general. I don't know if I got one with a bad perc or what. It looks fine cosmetically.

I got a chance to use concentrates in my Brick:

V4LtRYV.jpg

That's a little bit of Sour Strawberry Banana Kush shatter on top of Cinderella 99 flowers. The flavor and clouds are out of this world!

I wanted to try the concentrates by themselves, so I dug some S&B concentrate pads out of storage that a friend gave me. I thought they were for the mighty or crafty but they're huge, must be for a plenty or volcano. I didn't want to try to make one fit the chamber, I'll just continue to use them for my other vapes. I'll be purchasing some mighty pads soon to be able to try those mods too.

I agree that the true beauty of the Brick is that it goes so many ways!:tup: I love the modular nature of the Sticky family of vapes! :clap:

6079Smith

The HydroBrick has been absolutely annihilating me since it's arrival :D

In fact, it is so enjoyable to use that I usually over do it! It is also so deceptively smooth that I often over do my draws, as well, it's choked me up more than once.. the kind of exhale that elicits a hollow groan from deep in the chest, lol. That or die choking.

I have yet to more than lightly scorch, even when really going for it, and I've been absolutely whitewalling my glass. I don't set my Evo's hydratube on just any vape; the HydroBrick is definitely deserving and more than capable of keeping up. Being conservative with the torch also yields tasty low temps hits, especially the first few. It's so strange having a piece produce such thick vapor with virtually zero restriction, it continually defies my expectations- as do Sticky Brick Labs products, in general!

The fit, finish, glass, and accessories are all top-notch, the performance is amazing and it will only get better with technique. I really like the desktop vibe of maxx and having everything integrated. The ht feels very secure on top and the versatility out the box with both the dry mouthpiece and whip is outstanding. Adding a ht can be done very inexpensively. The walnut looks beautiful and has nice character to it.

I'm not sure which configuration I prefer yet.. but I'm sure having a lot of fun figuring it out!

eWA2xmc.jpg
[/IMG]
eWA2xmc.jpg

fSpUgPV.jpg

Top Bottom