The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

MonkeyTime

Just some quick thoughts on the Maxx before I head out for the night. This and the SBJ showed up just in time for a quick few hits tonight!

Really like it and sure I will grow to love it with a little more technique. Tried it first with a Turbine HT and liked it, but it seemed to put me in an awkward position to see the flame. Awkward enough that my neighbor did torch the top of my Walnut in his first attempt. I coulda kilt him right then and there :bang:

I'll run her thru her paces tomorrow and give a little more in depth assessment, but I have the feeling I'm going to be dropping my other vapes for the SBJ and this. The Mi may find some action, but not for a while.

YungLeaner

I have to agree with you Yung. The best thing for me about this vape is the incredibly huge rips you can get from it. I have not had the pleasure of trying the cloud evo(a vape that I would love to own someday) but I would think the Hydro has to come close to the evo in the gigantic hit department. At least, thats the way I sort of imagine it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I will say though, I have not been using my brick very often here lately. I enjoy the hits but I find that using my Underdog is just so easy. Maybe once I get a hydrotube I will use it more often. I have hooked it up to my bubbler but I really want to grab a hydrotube at some point.

The one minor issue that I have with the hydrobrick is emptying the ABV from the bowl. Not a huge issue, just a minor annoyance.
It hits very much like the Evo! Both get me wayyyy too high on small amounts of bud. Am I complaining? Of course not. The 2 vapes compliment each other nicely, as the evo with a whip adapter is great for usage with friends. But if I'm alone there's no way I'm not hitting the hydrobrick.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Thank You for all the Love everyone!

Lw0tDlv.jpg

Morty

@Slow Draw McGraw Congrats on all the success of the Brick & it's variations. The Maxx looks fucking amazing. Quick question. I've been looking for a quartz banger for a short while now & saw you guys offer a 14mm male. Do you guys make these in house ? Seems to be a very fair price. Anything else you could add about them would be great to hear. Thanks for your time & continued success. :peace:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
@Slow Draw McGraw Congrats on all the success of the Brick & it's variations. The Maxx looks fucking amazing. Quick question. I've been looking for a quartz banger for a short while now & saw you guys offer a 14mm male. Do you guys make these in house ? Seems to be a very fair price. Anything else you could add about them would be great to hear. Thanks for your time & continued success. :peace:
They are not made by SBL but the quartz bangers are made in America.
We only have a few left in stock.

YungLeaner

They are not made by SBL but the quartz bangers are made in America.
We only have a few left in stock.
This is somewhat random but do you think SBL would ever sell the Hydrobrick Maxx top (the little wood block that covers the joint) as a separate accessory? It looks like I'd be missing a magnet if I stuck it on my normal Hydrobrick, but if the specs are the same I'd love to buy one nonetheless. Could be super helpful for transportation.

Anyways, no biggie. You guys are seriously kicking ass out there! I think that 155$ for the hydrobrick is the best dollar to performance ratio in the vaporizer world. Will probably pick up an SBL junior sometimes soon. Or maybe just another hydrobrick? I really love it lol. Just such an effective medication device.

Also, for those in medical/recreational (prop 64:cool::tup:) states, you may have had the same experiences with me in attempting to vape dispensary shake in your vapes and hating the taste and lack of clouds. Well have no fear, SBL to the rescue. Something about the full convection and QUICK extraction means you can pack a .2 bowl of some cheap ass shake, get two HUGE hits that don't taste bad at all, and then dump the bowl. Honestly nice sometimes vs the top shelf stuff, which can be frustratingly sticky and actually get me too high.

MonkeyTime

Ok, it's been a week with my Maxx and SBJ, and I am totally converted!

I covered my thoughts on Butane in the SBJ thread, glad I took the plunge.

The Maxx is one incredible little unit! I'll have to get some pics up, but I've got her paired with a small DHGate bomb HT and they were made for each other! I have had some inconsistencies with the SBJ, but the Maxx has been a pure joy.

I get as much or little and as thick or thin of vapor as I want with a fresh bowl. As I work her over, I'm still able to get as much as I want from it and because I don't believe it, I've run the ABV thru my evo at 2:30-3 a few times and gotten almost nothing from it!

These things can truly extract :clap:

I've got my first coat of oil on her, she'll get another tonight and wax tomorrow, then I can post her pics, she'll not be seen until she's at her beautiful peak.

Brown sugar is the perfect description for cleaning out under the screen. A cheap pack of dental tools makes easy work of screens and such.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you brickheads and the StickyBrick Team, I'm honored to be a part of this incredible family!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Also, for those in medical/recreational (prop 64:cool::tup:) states, you may have had the same experiences with me in attempting to vape dispensary shake in your vapes and hating the taste and lack of clouds. Well have no fear, SBL to the rescue. Something about the full convection and QUICK extraction means you can pack a .2 bowl of some cheap ass shake, get two HUGE hits that don't taste bad at all, and then dump the bowl.
I have found the same thing. I get free pre-rolls sometimes which I'm not going to smoke obviously. I like to just tear them open and put the cannabis in the Brick, good flavor and as good an extraction as you could expect from the material.

It's funny, the strain in the last free roll-up I got was called Platinum Snicklefritz. I was a little offended they gave me the snicklefritz, even though it was free. :lol:

It actually wasn't that bad of a strain.

Asternlemming

Now that I've had the HydroBrick for the last month, it (along with its little brother the SBJ) has become my daily driver. I really enjoy hitting this vape, so much so I have barely touched my EVO or UD. I still absolutely love those but am so intrigued by the butane experience, the ultimate control and the impressive effects provided by the brick that I've not shown the love. As good as the experience, I have to think I'm still missing something. With both my EVO and UD I really enjoy a high temp hit through water, either a hydrotube or bubbler but I can't seem to get the technique down with my brick. Any advice? With the dry tube I can easily regulate for either flavor intensive or lung buster but can't quite fill the bubbler which is odd. I'm sure it's my technique but can't figure out exactly where I'm somehow lacking. From draw speed, to flame size and distance, to carb technique, I've experimented thoroughly and probably have overdone it in the name of science but I just can't get a whitewalled hydrotube...thoughts?

Last edited:

YungLeaner

Now that I've had the HydroBrick for the last month, it (along with its little brother the SBJ) has become my daily driver. I really enjoy hitting this vape, so much so I have barely touched my EVO or UD. I still absolutely love those but am so intrigued by the butane experience, the ultimate control and the impressive effects provided by the brick that I've not shown the love. As good as the experience, I have to think I'm still missing something. With both my EVO and UD I really enjoy a high temp hit through water, either a hydrotube or bubbler but I can't seem to get the technique down with my brick. Any advice? With the dry tube I can easily regulate for either flavor intensive or lung buster but can't quite fill the bubbler which is odd. I'm sure it's my technique but can't figure out exactly where I'm somehow lacking. From draw speed, to flame size and distance, to carb technique, I've experimented thoroughly and probably have overdone it in the name of science but I just can't get a whitewalled hydrotube...thoughts?

Omg I don't know how I missed this.

Milking hydratubes isn't hard trust me.

Keep carb fully closed with cork or finger.

Normal torch technique

Rip very hard (inhale fast), and at the first sign of milky hit pull the torch back a little. You should get massive lung busting hits with no worries.

Also I am currently using the hydrbrick with whip and beaker bong and it is a beautiful experience.

Listening to "Woods" and "Blood Bank" by Bon Iver, reaching the highest of highs. Wondering if consciousness and qualitative, individual experience are undeniable entities.

dparks818

I got a chance to use concentrates in my Brick:

V4LtRYV.jpg

That's a little bit of Sour Strawberry Banana Kush shatter on top of Cinderella 99 flowers. The flavor and clouds are out of this world!

I wanted to try the concentrates by themselves, so I dug some S&B concentrate pads out of storage that a friend gave me. I thought they were for the mighty or crafty but they're huge, must be for a plenty or volcano. I didn't want to try to make one fit the chamber, I'll just continue to use them for my other vapes. I'll be purchasing some mighty pads soon to be able to try those mods too.

I agree that the true beauty of the Brick is that it goes so many ways!:tup: I love the modular nature of the Sticky family of vapes! :clap:

how did this method end up working for you? I've been doing something similar with my flowermate and was wondering if it would cross over to my new hydro maxx. also interested in how much dirtier repeated dabbing like this would make my unit.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
how did this method end up working for you? I've been doing something similar with my flowermate and was wondering if it would cross over to my new hydro maxx. also interested in how much dirtier repeated dabbing like this would make my unit.
That worked really well. I haven't noticed a major increase in buildup since I've started using concentrates in my Brick.

I prefer using the Mighty oil pad in general, as I prefer straight concentrate rather than mixing it with flowers. But some days I like to do both. I'll have to have a combo bowl later tonight, in honor of 11:30 (4:20+7:10).

Hypno vaper

Loving my cherry Maxx from the Black Friday sale:tup: Ordered directly from Sticky Bricks thank you for quick shipping and bonus attachment! Now my 3rd Brick purchase in less than 2months. This vape is the Real Deal Maine :nod:
That makes two of us :clap:I took advantage of the sale and got the cherry OG brick. I also want to say, may whatever God you all worship bless the first person to ever drop a S&B Mighty capsule into the Daisy because they really do work perfectly for Sticky Brick and Jr.
I have had a pack of these metal hockey puck thingies for a while (thank you @mephisto ) and I never thought twice about them. Well, let me tell you all...... I finally got around to loading one up and dropped it into the brick....and boy oh boy......a Game Changer. I think I may have gotten twice the amount of hits, no stirring, no fuss no muss and clean as a whistle in my brick loading chamber. And.....just when I thought it was finished, I flipped the capsule upside down and gother 2-5 more huge rips. This will be the only way I use my bricks now, just amazing.

Edit: Apologies to the Mods, this was supposed to be in the Sticky Brick thread.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Walnut Maxx came in yesterday, so I had to test it a bit before giving my initial thoughts.

Annnnnnnnnnd, I love it. Not surprised.

It's a lot different than the JR, which is my first brick. I find the temperatures to be a lot more stable and mine gives me this whistle which is perfect for knowing how hard to pull as it coincides with the vapor production in the tube or MP. If I'm on the brink of combustion, make 'er whistle :cool::brow:. As it should cool it down.

It'll be a challenge keeping it combustion free. We'll see how long it'll last. :uhoh: I'm far from perfect in my technique.

I haven't been able to get the draw for the dry mp right yet, but just being able to pair it with my Hydratube makes it all worth while. The things just been collecting dust and now it'll always be in rotation.

Thanks SBL ! :bowdown::clap:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I haven't been able to get the draw for the dry mp right yet
With my OG Brick I like to start with a slow/medium draw and once I see vapor I increase the draw speed a lot, trying to keep a consistent density of vapor. It's possible to get the whistle with the dry mouthpiece too, but it seems like your draw has to be faster.

When using water with the Hydro add-on I find I have to bump my torch up a notch, making it hotter. I think the extra drag amplifies the draw speed if that makes sense. So what feels like a slow draw is faster than it seems.

When I switch back to dry I have to bump the torch back down a notch and increase the final draw speed a little to get ideal results.

Kermitt

My draw is strongly from the beginning, it works fine. No hotspot, no combusting. I don't look after vapor. If it gets to "hot", I increase the distance of the torch a bit.

In my opinion it is the fast and safe way to get super results and prevent combustion. Especially for beginners it is easier to prevent combusting.

I think there are many ways to have a lot of fun with this fantastic Vape :-)

Excuse my english, I hope you understand what I like to say. It's already late here :-)

Edit: just saw it's the HydroBrick Thread. I wrote about the OG Brick. Sorry!

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Yeah holy fuck is this so surprisingly better than the JR.

I was expecting it to be a lot smoother but I just find that it just allows you to just rip the hell out of it.

Just got off the night shift and was gonna try to stay up all day... don't know if I'll be able to pull that off now hahaha.

The JR is definitely still the go to portable.

CaptVapor

Well add me to the list of new Maxx owners :)

Placed an order with PIU, wish I had done it sooner! Also picked up a hydratube from dhgate, no clue how long that'll take... point is, excited to try my first butane vape!

For anyone who has ordered a hydratube off dhgate... what is the difference between the GB-314 and the GB-314b? The 'b' models seems to have a 'birdcage percolator' but visually I can't tell the difference:

GB-314: http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-v...r-the/386697588.html#s1-2-1b;searl|2153209212

GB-314b: http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-b...dcage/388108861.html#s1-5-1b;searl|4096745829

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom