The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

6079Smith

Can anyone recommend a good hydrotube? I'm not real concerned with cost, although cheaper would be nice, but more interested in the best site to order and possibly a site with a few options to choose from. Thanks!

I recommended a cheap Chinese version on post #79, there are different versions available. VapeXhale, of course..VapeXhale also offers factory seconds, I've seen little feedback on those but it has been positive.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Gigsabits53
I have a VapeXhale factory second honeycomb. The bomb seems to be the most popular, followed by the turbine. I specifically wanted high drag and high diffusion to fill a gap in my glass lineup.

As for the quality of the factory second, I was most concerned about getting a tube that wobbled. Luckily my tube is rock solid and stable. There is a small bubble and a couple of small marks inside the tube. They are barely noticeable and I don't mind them at all. The price was great, use the discount code "stickstones" for 10% off.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Is a hydratube the best set up??
Is there much difference between that and using the whip with a small bubbler??
I want something small as my lungs can't handle anything large volume
I would say for water filtration, yes, go hydratube because the vapor will go straight into the hydratube. With a whip, more distance between the unit and the bubbler and therefore more effort and lung power.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I picked up some Mighty oil pads from Puffitup. I figured I'd get everyone together for a family photo:

w5WbLpj.jpg

Asternlemming

I received my hydrobrick and my first butane powered vape this weekend. While I struggled with draw and torch techniques at first and didn't get the fullest hits and even though I still have significant opportunity with my torch handling skills; I feel this thing is an absolute beast. One of the tastiest and most gratifying experiences I've had with a vape. Once I find my sweet spot, a tiny pinch last two tasty (I'm assuming somewhat low temp) hits until I get comfortable and get more aggressive with the flame, and it yields another huge, lung button hit leaving me with perfectly vaped ABV. Some hits have been so big I assumed I had at least charred it, but it always comes out a perfect shade of brown. Outstanding vaporizer!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I received my hydrobrick and my first butane powered vape this weekend. While I struggled with draw and torch techniques at first and didn't get the fullest hits and even though I still have significant opportunity with my torch handling skills; I feel this thing is an absolute beast. One of the tastiest and most gratifying experiences I've had with a vape. Once I find my sweet spot, a tiny pinch last two tasty (I'm assuming somewhat low temp) hits until I get comfortable and get more aggressive with the flame, and it yields another huge, lung button hit leaving me with perfectly vaped ABV. Some hits have been so big I assumed I had at least charred it, but it always comes out a perfect shade of brown. Outstanding vaporizer!
I'm glad you're enjoying it, you picked a great introduction to butane vaporizers! :tup:

Your technique will continue to improve. I found it fairly easy to learn, but even a week or two's worth of practice improved the performance a lot. I'm still playing with my technique and trying new things.

The Sticky vaporizers work great with concentrates too. The Mighty oil pads are a perfect fit for the OG Brick's chamber. They would require a small amount of compression to fit in the Junior's chamber.

I'm still working on my technique with concentrates but so far I've been very pleased. The flavor is quite nice and it produces huge clouds. There's no risk of combustion with concentrates, but the lower the temp the better the flavor. I try to keep it lower temp for the first hit or two and then go for the biggest hits possible when using concentrates.

Happy Halloween, stay Sticky! :evil: :science:

Alexis

I'm glad you're enjoying it, you picked a great introduction to butane vaporizers! :tup:

Your technique will continue to improve. I found it fairly easy to learn, but even a week or two's worth of practice improved the performance a lot. I'm still playing with my technique and trying new things.

The Sticky vaporizers work great with concentrates too. The Mighty oil pads are a perfect fit for the OG Brick's chamber. They would require a small amount of compression to fit in the Junior's chamber.

I'm still working on my technique with concentrates but so far I've been very pleased. The flavor is quite nice and it produces huge clouds. There's no risk of combustion with concentrates, but the lower the temp the better the flavor. I try to keep it lower temp for the first hit or two and then go for the biggest hits possible when using concentrates.

Happy Halloween, stay Sticky! :evil: :science:
Im really glad to see all you folks are so happy with your various Bricks. You have all really had me sold on this vaporizer since I first saw it. I had a tough time deciding between the Hydrobrick and the Supreme recently. I dont think I really could have gone wrong either way, and I would be a bit dissappointed whichever one I didnt choose.

However, I decided that for my personally right now, the Supreme is the better choice and has thus been initiated, and may by now be in transit to the UK.
I had a dream last niht though where for a moment I was developing my technique with the Brick. Maybe a sign of things to come, it clearly is literally one of my dreams to have the Brick as well.

Now I have a very simple question for you Vapor Eyes which should only need the easiest of answers.
Do you think he Mighty oil pads will work for me to vaporize essential oils? I am currently experiementing with hemp fiber in the Herborizer. I make the gauze quite fat/deep. I then drop 3 drops of peppermint oil on top and insert the injector. It works brilliantly. Very visible peppermint vapor is produced. It is very painful, which is good, as this indicates maximum effectiveness at relieving deep lung congestion.
After a few minutes, the vapor is no longer visible, partly due to the oils having been vaped off, and partly due to them running down in the hemp fiber.

So I add the next round of 3 drops of peppermint oil. This one makes a big difference on top, as it has quicker access to the lungs following the initial clearance of mucus from round 1.

Again, the vapor starts visible then tapers off, at which point I finish with rosemary or eucalyptus. This method is not as effective as a full steam inhalation, as the steam is missing which aids in the process. But it is much more effective than the way I used to inhale the oils from my palms, but can no longer do due to injuries.

However, the problem with this method is that the oils drip through the hemp fiber and I am losing them somewhat before all used. But even more so a problem- the hemp fiber can only do 3 uses maximum before it is gummed up with the dried oils and will no longer produce vapor of a sufficient effect.

So I have to make a new pad every day. It costs a few pennies, but is a bit of hassle.

So I am wondering if these concentrate pads might work better, to hold the essential pils without them dripping through too quickly. There ae several companies offering them. I assume they will all be more or less equal in this capacity, but different dimensions obviously.

Aromed also offer a "foam glass pellet". That may be a better option but I have no idea, or any experience with this.

A few brief words will be plenty, just so I know if it is wirth considering this ootion some ore, or just rule it out and stock up on hemp fiber from George.

Many thanks in advance, and keep up the great posts, here, there, and everywhere!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Im really glad to see all you folks are so happy with your various Bricks. You have all really had me sold on this vaporizer since I first saw it. I had a tough time deciding between the Hydrobrick and the Supreme recently. I dont think I really could have gone wrong either way, and I would be a bit dissappointed whichever one I didnt choose.

However, I decided that for my personally right now, the Supreme is the better choice and has thus been initiated, and may by now be in transit to the UK.
I had a dream last niht though where for a moment I was developing my technique with the Brick. Maybe a sign of things to come, it clearly is literally one of my dreams to have the Brick as well.

Now I have a very simple question for you Vapor Eyes which should only need the easiest of answers.
Do you think he Mighty oil pads will work for me to vaporize essential oils? I am currently experiementing with hemp fiber in the Herborizer. I make the gauze quite fat/deep. I then drop 3 drops of peppermint oil on top and insert the injector. It works brilliantly. Very visible peppermint vapor is produced. It is very painful, which is good, as this indicates maximum effectiveness at relieving deep lung congestion.
After a few minutes, the vapor is no longer visible, partly due to the oils having been vaped off, and partly due to them running down in the hemp fiber.

So I add the next round of 3 drops of peppermint oil. This one makes a big difference on top, as it has quicker access to the lungs following the initial clearance of mucus from round 1.

Again, the vapor starts visible then tapers off, at which point I finish with rosemary or eucalyptus. This method is not as effective as a full steam inhalation, as the steam is missing which aids in the process. But it is much more effective than the way I used to inhale the oils from my palms, but can no longer do due to injuries.

However, the problem with this method is that the oils drip through the hemp fiber and I am losing them somewhat before all used. But even more so a problem- the hemp fiber can only do 3 uses maximum before it is gummed up with the dried oils and will no longer produce vapor of a sufficient effect.

So I have to make a new pad every day. It costs a few pennies, but is a bit of hassle.

So I am wondering if these concentrate pads might work better, to hold the essential pils without them dripping through too quickly. There ae several companies offering them. I assume they will all be more or less equal in this capacity, but different dimensions obviously.

Aromed also offer a "foam glass pellet". That may be a better option but I have no idea, or any experience with this.

A few brief words will be plenty, just so I know if it is wirth considering this ootion some ore, or just rule it out and stock up on hemp fiber from George.

Many thanks in advance, and keep up the great posts, here, there, and everywhere!
It's hard to say if the essential oils will work with a concentrate pad or not. I think there is a good chance it will work, especially if you are only using three drops of oil.

The only problem I could see is if the oil is too runny it might drop through the pad. I would definitely test it out first before putting the pad in a vape.

Even if the oil is runny I think it might work in small amounts such as three drops. The pads are pretty thick and dense and can absorb a much larger amount of concentrate without leaking. The concentrate turns liquid and runny when hot, and I haven't had a problem with leakage yet.

I say give it a shot. I paid $6 for four pads from Puffitup. Vapefiend might be a better option for you, being in the UK and all.

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Received my Maxx unit yesterday. Walnut wood.

I really like the form factor and it feels a lot sturdier ( than the OG) with just one large bottom piece.

The dry glass mouthpiece fits very secure no wobble or anything. So far I have only tried the unit dry a few times.
BUT, it seems like it will be a little bit more work to clean than the OG as it doesn't come apart in as many pieces.

The honest torch I received with it seems a lot better quality than the two eagle torches with my other bricks

lots more testing to do

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys, so I have a question about the HydroBrick that I have been wondering for a while now, since I just got a new job where money will be coming in again I am getting closer to being able to own one of these lovelies for myself (along with a production Jr finally), I figured I'd ask it now:

How is cleaning the path below the bowl? Since in the regular Brick and Daisy, there is the metal tube that joins the two halves, it is fully removable and easily cleaned. In the HydroBrick the bottom is one piece, so how does the cleaning work? I know it doesn't need to be cleaned very often at all, but still curious how one would go about it and how tricky it is to be thorough (I guess long pipe cleaners would make sense?) since I cannot see what that pathway looks like in any photos so far

Thanks in advance :tup:

6079Smith

Hey guys, so I have a question about the HydroBrick that I have been wondering for a while now, since I just got a new job where money will be coming in again I am getting closer to being able to own one of these lovelies for myself (along with a production Jr finally), I figured I'd ask it now:

How is cleaning the path below the bowl? Since in the regular Brick and Daisy, there is the metal tube that joins the two halves, it is fully removable and easily cleaned. In the HydroBrick the bottom is one piece, so how does the cleaning work? I know it doesn't need to be cleaned very often at all, but still curious how one would go about it and how tricky it is to be thorough (I guess long pipe cleaners would make sense?) since I cannot see what that pathway looks like in any photos so far

Thanks in advance :tup:

Congrats!

I use the brush that is popular for the Evo Elb's, it's perfect for my Bricks and just long enough for Maxx

AOaEBGc.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004ZB4K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pathway is a straight shot of one diameter, about a 1/4" I'd guess. I haven't had much need to clean mine with more than a dry swab yet. On the Brick, it seems the metal tube that joins the two halves is only a small part of the total path and it too has remained surprisingly clean.

I'm actually constantly amazed at the lack of reclaim or maintenance needed in general with the Bricks- where does it go, I've wondered, is the wood that much of a sponge?:shrug:Whatever it is, I'm happy that they are so low maintenance and that it is straightforward.

Asternlemming

I'm not typically very active or communicative about my experiences on FC but this damn thing continues to impress...so much so I just ordered a junior. As I've really gotten comfortable with my technique, the flavor is just amazing, it kind of sticks with you for a few minutes after a session. The clouds and satisfying hits are top notch. And I prefer it dry currently, still super smooth. I really love the vapes I have already but it's hard to think about using them for a little while. This vape is for real.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey Sticky Brick Family

We will be having a Black Friday Sale!!

Details:
- 20% off everything at www.StickyBrickLabs.com
- Free Intake and Mp for every OG Sticky Brick purchase (while supplies last.)
- Starts Black Friday 12am EST and ends on Saturday 12am EST.
- No special Code needed it will be automatic on the entire website.

We appreciate all the support everyone has shown us.

Have a great day everyone.

:peace:

YungLeaner

If you don't own, adore, and worship this vape you don't know shit about shit.

I owned a triihouse lily that I managed to enjoy despite incessant issues with hot spots, combustion, HORRIBLE ergonomics...but let us let the dead rest, shall we?

There is some sort of middle ages or middle world Magicks going on here, a torch vape that I have TROUBLE combusting in? Where have you been my whole life, mi amore!

Seriously this vape kicks some fucking ass. So easy. Sooo easy

StRaNgEcLoUdS

Here's a few thoughts since I've had my Walnut Max for 2 weeks now....
Gorgeous!! Stunning!! Beautiful!!:love:
Excellent craftsmanship
Brick snaps together in perfect cementry
Glass tube w/cork is handy for storage & loading material
Extremely versatile-pairs great with my honeycomb HT and med size bubbler
Performance 10/10 Hits very hard & super duper smooth
Slight learning curve
Money very well spent :tup:

Gigsabits53

If you don't own, adore, and worship this vape you don't know shit about shit.

I owned a triihouse lily that I managed to enjoy despite incessant issues with hot spots, combustion, HORRIBLE ergonomics...but let us let the dead rest, shall we?

There is some sort of middle ages or middle world Magicks going on here, a torch vape that I have TROUBLE combusting in? Where have you been my whole life, mi amore!

Seriously this vape kicks some fucking ass. So easy. Sooo easy

I have to agree with you Yung. The best thing for me about this vape is the incredibly huge rips you can get from it. I have not had the pleasure of trying the cloud evo(a vape that I would love to own someday) but I would think the Hydro has to come close to the evo in the gigantic hit department. At least, thats the way I sort of imagine it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I will say though, I have not been using my brick very often here lately. I enjoy the hits but I find that using my Underdog is just so easy. Maybe once I get a hydrotube I will use it more often. I have hooked it up to my bubbler but I really want to grab a hydrotube at some point.

The one minor issue that I have with the hydrobrick is emptying the ABV from the bowl. Not a huge issue, just a minor annoyance.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have to agree with you Yung. The best thing for me about this vape is the incredibly huge rips you can get from it. I have not had the pleasure of trying the cloud evo(a vape that I would love to own someday) but I would think the Hydro has to come close to the evo in the gigantic hit department. At least, thats the way I sort of imagine it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I will say though, I have not been using my brick very often here lately. I enjoy the hits but I find that using my Underdog is just so easy. Maybe once I get a hydrotube I will use it more often. I have hooked it up to my bubbler but I really want to grab a hydrotube at some point.

The one minor issue that I have with the hydrobrick is emptying the ABV from the bowl. Not a huge issue, just a minor annoyance.
I recently got an Evo and I have to say I think the Hydro add-on for my OG Brick hits harder than the Evo. The Evo is nice and I'm glad I picked it up but I prefer my Sticky overall. I never have to worry about heat up time or auto shutoff, and it's less fragile and much cooler to the touch.

You should definitely get a hydrotube, I find it's a better experience overall but the whip adaptor is great too.

Top Bottom