The HI

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Both vapes are great for aromatherapy. Alan provides a copper cup for this purpose that rests on top of the heatport.

You want to use 100% essential oils. These can be purchased at most health food stores, as well as online. I know Blisssville sells some that are special blends.

momofthegoons,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Okay and one last question how well does the HI compare to the TT in usage as a hand warmer?

paytonpenn,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I like to use oils used for making candy in my aromatherapy cups. Cinnamon may be my favorite. Spearmint is very nice too. Wintergreen is very powerful.

I have also found that vaporizing spearmint leaves will give the silicone turbo tube sleeves a pleasant mint flavor. The spearmint leaves give you a very fresh taste in your mouth.

The TT will generally be a better hand warmer than the HI because it can conduct heat away from the core and into the wood faster. Although, some HI's work very well for hand warmers too. Those with end grain exposed to the ss retaining sleeve will transfer heat to the surface of the wood faster. Was just using a HI last night for a cramp in my hand while working in the shop. Although the surface of the wood at the end grain gets fairly hot, it does not seem to affect the internal temperature. The wood still cannot take the heat away from the core fast enough to affect the internal temperature.

I'm trying to get back to everyone who has emailed me about a HI. If you haven't heard from me in a while, please email me again. I'll try to get to everyone in some kind of order, but the wood I have available and the pieces I have turned may not always make it possible. Thank you everyone for your patience and thanks to all those who have helped explain my situation / provide answers. Hope you can all get HI soon.

Alan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Any whole foods shop, or health food store will sell many brands of essential oils...
be sure they are 100% pure essential oils.. not "100% essential oil in a 20% blend"!
The combinations you can create are endless!
DSC00547.jpg

Vitolo,
Reactions: mestizo

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Yew are knot going to believe this wood. My friend gave me some yew wood from his front hedge when he removed it a few years ago. I cut it up to make a HI and look what I found. The big knot goes straight through and the little ones angle away. The end grain of the big knot gets the hottest to the touch.
This one already has a new home (sorry), but I had to share the photo as the wood is so unusual.

yewknot02.jpg

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
TV said:
Yew are knot going to believe this wood. My friend gave me some yew wood from his front hedge when he removed it a few years ago. I cut it up to make a HI and look what I found. The big knot goes straight through and the little ones angle away. The end grain of the big knot gets the hottest to the touch.
This one already has a new home (sorry), but I had to share the photo as the wood is so unusual.

http://www.toasty-top.com/images/yewknot02.jpg
OMG, that's beautiful!

Jeppy,
Wow that thing is gorgeous; however just a fore-warning HI might lead to the highest tolerances I've ever had :leaf:

biojuggernaut,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
biojuggernaut said:
just a fore-warning HI might lead to the highest tolerances I've ever had :leaf:

this is true, i can't seem to put it down. :p

ilovebOObs,
yeah it reminds me a lot like taking a dab just without the torch and wax part. But now im just running it place, it really makes my other vapes obsolete.

biojuggernaut,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
u bwade wunner - I forgot to answer your question about the ss slide-in tip. Here is a photo of the tip assembly installed in the glass tip of the wood tube. It must be installed in the glass first before installing on the wood tube. It will also fit into the all glass roasting tube. It just provides you a way to roast inside of the HI center tube. It will also work with the TT, CRZ, and some UD's?

redheartsstipturbotube.jpg

Sorry to hear about the HI tolerance biojuggernaut. That is a potential issue with the HI.

Hope your HI arrives today OKcomputer.

Alan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
That is simply an amazing piece!!! :o
The things that you find are amazing, Alan!
That reminds me of that beautiful Lilac stem... (looking for the picture now... or I will take a new one soon~)

Vitolo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I heard! Just talked to Alan and the maple he is sending me is some of the wood you sent him! So thanks...

stickstones,
it is about time Mom, hope you purchased a VV as well or you'll be in for a crazy ride with those little metal stems.

biojuggernaut,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
lately i've been noticing my vv adapter temps seems to fluctuate without me moving the dial. so i decided to measure the voltage. here are my findings.
p2163158.jpg

let me start off with the standard non-vv adapter i got 12.18v

the max on the vv seems to be 12.4v, so once you pass 12.4 mark its all about the same. my sweet spot seems to be around 11.5v-12v :ko: i only went down to 8v since i don't think anyone is gonna run it that low. just a little turn can change the voltage by alot so be careful, just a light touch could take you out of your sweet spot so be careful, moving it by a hair can change half a volt.

congrats to all the new HI owner's, all these new ones look amazing.

ilovebOObs,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
stickstones said:
I heard! Just talked to Alan and the maple he is sending me is some of the wood you sent him! So thanks...

I hope you'll post a pic so I can see how it turned! It was such a pretty piece of wood.

Yup bio; got myself the vv and one of Alan's glass tubes with a ss insert. I'm looking forward to checking out this beauty with some glass.

momofthegoons,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
TV said:

http://www.toasty-top.com/images/yewknot02.jpg

Yay, trippy.

Congrats Mom!

OhTheAgony,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice stickstones, that's a real looker! And wow to that Yew Alan - simply stunning!

J.R.R.Tokin',
Top Bottom