The HI

treecityrnd

Well...as soon as I noticed those TT's of yours...in your signature, if course...I had to find out what all the fuss was about ;)

treecityrnd,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Alan - that last piece you showed us is outstanding. WOW! I just got on your waiting list, and I'm looking forward to getting HI with your HI. Well done, sir!

Vapinghole,
So, my Bocote HI just came in the mail. Here are my (EXTREMELY) initial impressions:

Gorgeous woodwork. Excellent quality glass. I can confirm that it comes with a bunch of little wax beads, a copper aromatherapy cup, and extra screens.

I haven't spent any time dialing in the VV yet, so I just adjusted it to approximately where ilovebOObs has his. Got a nice cloud with 10mm glass/silicone turbo tube with a tiny amount of herb. Decided to let it keep warming up (this was just 10 minutes in).

AND THEN

I decided to try the all-glass turbo tube with stainless steel tip combo. There's something fucking magical going on here. I drew HARD on it for maybe 3 seconds, held in what I could tell was a monster, and then let out the biggest fucking cloud I could possibly imagine. The thing just wouldn't quit. And now, as you can most certainly tell, I'm vaked beyond vaked. I could probably get another hit out of it, but the thought of even trying seemed absurd. A quick glance at the ABV showed that it was brown.

So that's my *initial* impression, with no dialing in of the VV, mid-grade, not-properly-dried weed, and zero experience with the unit.

OKcomputer,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Good first impression, I have been sitting on the front porch with my TV for the last hour waiting on the mail man. Hopefully I'll have some results to share soon as well.

Gonzo,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
OKcomputer said:
So, my Bocote HI just came in the mail. Here are my (EXTREMELY) initial impressions:

Gorgeous woodwork. Excellent quality glass. I can confirm that it comes with a bunch of little wax beads, a copper aromatherapy cup, and extra screens.

I haven't spent any time dialing in the VV yet, so I just adjusted it to approximately where ilovebOObs has his. Got a nice cloud with 10mm glass/silicone turbo tube with a tiny amount of herb. Decided to let it keep warming up (this was just 10 minutes in).

AND THEN

I decided to try the all-glass turbo tube with stainless steel tip combo. There's something fucking magical going on here. I drew HARD on it for maybe 3 seconds, held in what I could tell was a monster, and then let out the biggest fucking cloud I could possibly imagine. The thing just wouldn't quit. And now, as you can most certainly tell, I'm vaked beyond vaked. I could probably get another hit out of it, but the thought of even trying seemed absurd. A quick glance at the ABV showed that it was brown.

So that's my *initial* impression, with no dialing in of the VV, mid-grade, not-properly-dried weed, and zero experience with the unit.

That's vapin' hot!! Can't wait to get mine!

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
nice! congrats OK. just wait till you get a water piece the monster cloud will be sooo smooth :brow:

ilovebOObs,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
My HI just got here, definitely impressed! The piece is much smaller than I expected and the craftsmanship is very nice. Just plugged it in to warm up and will start hitting at the 5 minute mark. Will be back with results and a few pictures.

Gonzo,
Gonzo, you got yourself a real nice collection of vaporizers. Im really interested in your comparisons of three major logs out there. If im not mistaken, youre the first to own the UD, HI, and CRZ.

VaporBoxed,

THCMuscle

VaporBoxed said:
Gonzo, you got yourself a real nice collection of vaporizers. Im really interested in your comparisons of three major logs out there. If im not mistaken, youre the first to own the UD, HI, and CRZ.

This may be true!

Gonzo, perhaps you could post a review in general discussion or ask FC of all three. I don't think it would be appropriate to post such a comparison in the product threads.

THCMuscle,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@ Vaporboxed
I don't know about being the first, maybe just the first for the Forum, who knows?

Here is the new addition.

img0524gs.jpg

img0525g.jpg

img0523rw.jpg

Very beautiful piece Alan and I am really enjoying it. Thank you again for the help with all my questions. So far what I can tell you....

1. The HI is the smallest log I have seen. Much smaller than I expected.
2. The 5 minute advertised heat up time is accurate with the VV power supply Alan offers.
3. The HI is capable of reaching HI temperatures (Some fine tuning will be needed by the user in this area if using the VV power supply).

These are just my initial impressions but so far I am really liking my purchase. More testing to occur over the weekend.

*Edit* @THC I plan to post a comparison in the General Discussion thread once I have a chance to throughly compare the three. My comparison will be more of a review highlighting the similarities and differences. I will not recommend either of the three specifically as I have already experienced that each will give desired effect with minimal amount of material.

Gonzo,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Hey Gonzo, some pics of the top and bottom would be nice too ;)

hazy,

norcal

i may have to try one of these, i never considered myself a log man but after all the great reviews, its really getting into my mind to get one. or at least get on the waiting list lol

i do have a question regarding the stainless steel bowl and other metal parts...is it ok for these to come to such high temps? is there any toxic gases produced by the metal at high temps?? pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject, i just want to make sure my vapor is clean and clear as thats the whole reason im switching to vapor in the first place, this smoking is not good for the lungs and i want to be healthy

thanks for the info, great thread and cool product, thanks for the replies as well

norcal,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Here are a couple more photos Hazy, the heating core on this unit is very unique. Very open design.

img0529f.jpg

img0532kc.jpg

The bottom is also different when compared to other log vapes I've seen and own.

img0533nu.jpg

Gonzo,

SD_haze

norcal said:
i may have to try one of these, i never considered myself a log man but after all the great reviews, its really getting into my mind to get one. or at least get on the waiting list lol

i do have a question regarding the stainless steel bowl and other metal parts...is it ok for these to come to such high temps? is there any toxic gases produced by the metal at high temps?? pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject, i just want to make sure my vapor is clean and clear as thats the whole reason im switching to vapor in the first place, this smoking is not good for the lungs and i want to be healthy

thanks for the info, great thread and cool product, thanks for the replies as well

Stainless steel is incredibly safe at these temperatures.
Be wary of things like brass and aluminum, but stainless steel is quite safe.

SD_haze,

norcal

SD_haze said:
norcal said:

cool thanks, im sending in an email after i post this.

norcal,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks staticsunn, really the pictures do not do it justice. I liked the Silver Maple when Alan first posted the pictures but was sadly second in line for it :( The first buyer decided to graciously back out and I stepped in with open arms. I am a firm believer that custom pieces such as log vapes speak to the individual on a personal level. I have never collected anything in life until now and have very few hobbies other than fishing. I am a family man and spend most of my time with my family. My new free time is when I sneak away to a free room and take advantage of a pre-warmed log vape. I can honestly say I know I have not purchased my last log vape from Alan, Rick, or Dave. Just depends on the moment when that new piece speaks to me.

Gonzo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I am a firm believer that custom pieces such as log vapes speak to the individual on a personal level.

Gonzo, this is how I've felt since the moment I got my first log vape, Well put. ;)

momofthegoons,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thank you everyone for the kind words. It is fun to discover the beauty within the wood. Yew never know what you will find.

OKcomputer - Glad your HI arrived safely and you are enjoying it to the fullest. It may be small, but it packs a big punch. Nice to be able to use it in so many different ways.

Gonzo - Thanks for posting the photos. Happy you are pleased with your purchase. I look forward to hearing about more testing.

The temperatures the HI produces is equivalent to what you might see from cooking on stainless steel cookware. It is a very good material to use for this design. I have been thinking about other materials for the housing, but just can't think of anything better than wood.

I better get back to the shop or I will never get that list any shorter.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Gonzo, I know you'll have an awesome weekend with your new edition. Simply beautiful she is, and my anticipation is simply a bitch! Lol

Alan, I don't see that list getting shorter for a long long time! You better clone yourself! :D

Jeppy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
SD_haze said:
norcal said:

good question and a perfect answer. this has been covered ad nauseum well over a year ago (and it may be hard to find) and all is well. carry on and purchase at will.

stickstones,

treecityrnd

"I plan to post a comparison in the General Discussion thread once I have a chance to throughly compare the three." - Gonzo
Genius idea!

treecityrnd,
Top Bottom