The HI

PurpleDazed

Ya know it just occured to me that if I like the hi the way I think I will and get my TT converted we would need to rename it to the "Hi Top" or "HiT" :D :cool: :brow:

I use this bubbler (Above) 99% of the time when I vape
and this (Below) stem Alan made for me.

This setup Rocks with the TT and CRZ and if all goes well A HI

I am also trying to help out some friends interested in vapes. I am getting a Hi not only for my benefit but for their benefit of finding something they will purchase. It stinks Living in NY and the cost of living where its at and the current unemployment #'s at their highest in decades.

Alan take all the time you need to do what you seem to do best and make things better and better. I aint planning on changing my mind and will try to be patient(but fair warning not my stong suit). But i will be checking my messages dilligently thruout the forth coming days.

PurpleDazed,

tuscan tins

What would he electroplate it with? It's already stainless steel... I don't see why you'd want another metal (Copper, Zinc, Cobalt? :lol: ) on it. I would imagine that setting up an electroplating "rig" would be rather expensive and require quite a bit of supervision as well.

tuscan tins,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I'm very happy to have been added to the list of future HI owners. :D If I had my druthers when it came to wood, it would be osage orange, maple burl, or any other lighter burl. Doo Dads? May as well get them all first pass. Hey, I have a question, and just slap me if it's a stupid one, but could manzanita be used?

Jeppy,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Hey Alan, I sent you a response Email and I definitely want the piece. Can you add a 14mm gong turbo tube to the order as well. I look forward to your response. Hotmail is having issues now so the Gmail address I sent you is the best one to stay in touch with me. Thanks again.

Gonzo,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
wow congrats to all the new soon to be HI owners, been loving mine to the fullest. hopefully i will get some free time to make a new video with the roasting tube. i haven't put down my all glass with ss slide from the day i got it.

ilovebOObs,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I'm very excited about getting my HI and can't wait to compare it to my UD's and my new CRZ. I spent my Cloud money on the CRZ and this new HI but I'm pretty sure I'm a long way out from getting my Email from the VHC crew.

Gonzo,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thats some well spent money :D . if you have a glass piece, you'll fall in love with the HI, although i've have been really digging direct draws now with the ss slide.

ilovebOObs,
paid for my walnut burl HI with the new glass stem and stem with the ss Alan said i should get by friday cant wait to let you guys know what i think since this will be my first log vape

mflb_hustler,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
My Silver Leaf Maple should be here on Friday as well. With that coming on Friday and the CRZ coming tomorrow it's going to be a weekend of experimenting. Can't wait!

Gonzo,

treecityrnd

You beat me to it Gonzo! I contacted Alan a while back hoping to get all three logs in my possession for a ultimate "log vape comparison" thread. No worries, he's a little backlogged (no pun intended). Not suprising given all the interest. Obviously the thread should still be done, you'll just get to collect your data faster than I. Have a great time experimenting. I'll catch up ASAP :)

treecityrnd,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Here is the new addition to the family

spaltedsilvermaplehi1.jpg

Will get some more photos when it arrives.

Gonzo,

tuscan tins

That's Gonzo!!!! I dig the burn-looking marks... I know there's a name for them but it's escaped me :p

Very nice looking unit! Excellent work as usual from Alan.

Can't wait to get mine :D

tuscan tins,

u bwade wunner

Welcome Jessica lady in red.Thanks to Alan.Should see her here in Oz in a few weeks from now.She is a redheart beauty.will pop in later after she arrives.

Edit

I picked up with her :

1 redheart stem with glass bowl

1 14mm gong turbo tube 3 1/2 inches long

1 pop in Stainless insert for either tube

1 glass silicone stem 10mm thick

should be able to trick her out with all the different stem combos

loved the detail and precision and simplicity of the tubes. this thing is a work of art.

Alan advised getting the the stainless insert bowl for efficiency.The stainless bowl will fit inside the wooden stem or the glass turbo tube (honey mummy :p )

it all sounds too easy no dramas, seems I can pretty much throw the Hi and the stems in the car and take it anywhere.No hose to pack etc...Hook it up to a car battery or inverter when i reach camp.

Love the natural airpath too.Wood ceramic and stainless.no plastic feels good...love the option of higher temps for concentrates too.

Alan one thing.... how does the stainless insert get on once the unit is at operating temps .so its an interference fit?..does it stay in the glass tube without falling out?.just wondering about expansion/contraction on the ss/glass tube?

can t wait to meet my lady in red

CHEI

Medical Cannabis Inspector
I emailed alan yesterday about one so we'll see how long it takes for him to get back to me but I'm ready to get one.

CHEI,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
PurpleDazed - I have made one HI Top. It was the Blue Mahoe one for Orestes. The new TT core doesn't get as hot as the HI. The temperature of the TT doesn't change much with the new core. It is all about the air flow. Glad your 18mm tube is working well. Your friends will definitely like the HI. Hope you won't have to wait too long for one.

biojuggernaut - I think you mean electropolish rather than electroplate. Electropolish is an electrochemical process that removes all the microscopic peaks and leaves a very smooth surface. It helps to start with a fairly smooth surface. I don't have the equipment to do it though.

Jeppy - I can use any wood that will hold threads so that I can install the heating element. I should be able to use bamboo too. Just need to find the right side pole.

Gonzo - You will have quite a collection of vaporizers to use. It will be interesting to see how you like the HI.

staticsunn - Thanks. Spalting is what they call the black stains in the wood. Never know what you will find when you start turning.

u bwade wunner - The red heart turbo tube is made from the same 2 x 2 x 4 piece of wood from which I cut the HI. It has such a nice feel in your hand. Sort of like a small cigar.

Alan,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
mflb_hustler said:
paid for my walnut burl HI with the new glass stem and stem with the ss Alan said i should get by friday cant wait to let you guys know what i think since this will be my first log vape
That's awesome, man. It will be my first too. I look forward to hearing about what you have to say.

Jeppy,

treecityrnd

mflb_hustler said:
mothercluck3r said:
Gonzo said:
Hi Alan, I sent you an Email a few days back asking questions about the HI and availability of stems. I used the Forum Email feature. Is there is a better option to Email you?

Same question here. Very excited about the prospect of getting a unit myself.

If ya don't mind, what dates did you send your emails? Just trying to figure out my timing and such. Glad you all already got hooked up, especially you new log converts! Can't wait to hear the reviews. Nice pics too.

treecityrnd,
Alan says my Bocote HI will be arriving today (!!!) along with a VV PS, 3" all-glass turbo tube, SS tip, and 10mm glass turbo tube w/ silicone bowl, plus silicone sleeves for the all-glass turbo tube and SS tip. :D :brow:

I'll be reviewing the HI only from a direct-draw perspective for now since I still don't own any glass :/

OKcomputer,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Where would I go to get things for Aromatherapy for this item or the TT? I have none and how well would it work for those uses?

paytonpenn,
paytonpenn said:
Where would I go to get things for Aromatherapy for this item or the TT? I have none and how well would it work for those uses?

I would check your local GNC, as well as organic food stores, co-ops, etc. Others can suggest websites, but the benefit of buying locally is that you get to smell the oil before you buy it. All log vapes work well with aromatherapy oils.

OKcomputer,
Top Bottom