The Herbalizer

evanaquinn

looks interesting heat up time sounds nice. i'ma say this in coming in way over the valcono MSRP, depending on the company, it could be 300-900. that'd be my guess sounding from all the bs tech jargin they have around it and "nasa" lol yeah. like you really need that in your advertising, because we all know our nasa engneeers know how to toke. granted they smart people ;) I dont easily believe such hipe, could of been intern drop outs or some stupid shit who finished 2 years of a 6 year program. I don;'t know, thats a little out their.

mod note: Have you read the rules yet? There's one in the Be Nice section that applies here.

Lol dude you have smoked yourself retarded.

Can't waitto hear more on the price range.
I just linked this and the ascent on reddit trying to inform people!!!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Cool, so what kind of temperature sensor did you use to verify that the production unit was more consistent in temperature than the ViVape?

I assume you used the fan option on both? How did you find similar velocities for each?

SD Covered allot of what I was going to mention. Vtac has posted some stuff. I had seen some graphs and other similar things as well. I did not take pictures of anything I saw graph wise. I probably should have. :( I remember more about the Volcano numbers then the Vivape.

I noticed the fans on the Herbalizer seemed stronger then the one on the ViVape. I remember I was told respectively how powerful the fans are, but again that is something I forgot. Will have to dig through he notes and did take and see if I remembered to jot that down. I was better at taking notes in the beginning... then I started messing with the device and it and got distracted by having so much fun messing around with it. I will see what I can track down numbers wise.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Enchantre

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations StickStones,

...not for you, egzoset...

I write my alias with a Capital letter, always, and everyone else gets the same treatment. Actually you've got 2!

Now, after all the fuss relatively to the halogen-based designs over the last couple of years i'd lack consistency if i were to consider buying another electric device while ignoring this one. Your post though makes me conclude that the cost is going to be astronomical as we both know i'm not going to fall for that again. So my next question is:

Will it beat 12.50 $ CAD per day???

:peace:

Egzoset,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, that would depend on how long your considering it as in useful life.

I mean it could cost a thousand dollars and still come out to less than that if you use if for many years on end. It all depends on how reliable the design is and what the warranty is like.

I'm hoping the price is reasonable though.

CentiZen,

Egzoset

Banned
OKay, so it doesn't really matter much if i meant to write "per month" anyway, i guess...

Egzoset,

mephisto

Dammit! Another plug-in??? All the big names are lined up, or have already had a swing. Thanks for all the insight! This looks like another gem........

mephisto,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Josh and the team at Herbalizer.com are working like crazy to get the Herbalizer into production (using a local San Diego manufacturing company, setting up assembly lines, and sourcing custom parts still being manufactured). The Mystery Vape Contest (and FC) is a real source of enthusiasm, not just fun but genuinely providing insights into what their business (herbs, culture, and a perfectly engineered vaporizer) is all about. There's no substitute for understanding what vaporizer enthusiasts really want from a high tech vaporizer.

And congrats to 1_gr8_underdog on winning the Santa Cruz Shredder."

Thank you for a great contest. It was lot of fun. Also for the bad ass grinder that's coming. Good luck to everyone that has entered! :tup:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For anyone interested in material safety, Josh has written up a blog post detailing the materials used in the airpath of the Herbalizer.

:peace:

What do condoms and the Herbalizer have in common?

They are both safe, non-toxic, and fun to use. To make the Herbalizer® safe and non-toxic, we built in many novel features, and carefully sourced and selected each material.
Only the highest-grade materials are used in construction of Herbalizer’s® airflow path. Proprietary material choices are the result of years of research, testing and exhaustive trial and error that are part of our “secret sauce.” But, we are here to explain why Herbie is safe so you can now breathe easier.
From the glass halogen bulb heating element encased by an anodized aluminum convection tube, to the temperature resistant, medical grade silicon whip and balloon valve, you are ensured of an unparalleled vaporization experience of purity and flavor. It begins with the ambient air intake through the bottom-side vent located 1/4? below a quiet, yet powerful blower. Before the air is heated, it passes from the blower, through highly stable silicon and plastic ducting, to the heater intake. Cool air enters the convection tube. Air is then heated as it swirls around the halogen glass bulb through the oven. From the oven, hot air is directed across a stainless steel guide, through a stainless screen, and finally to the oven herb chamber junction.
The oven is anodized aluminum and the herb chamber is lined with stainless steel. The airflow channel, including the heat source and herb chamber is composed of glass and passivated metals to render the surfaces that come into contact with the heated airflow non-reactive.
Pass-i-vat-ed v. pass-i-vate n. pass-i-va-tion
v. intr – to treat or coat (a metal) in order to reduce the chemical reactivity of its surface
The Herbalizer’s® herb chamber is lined with stainless-on-stainless metal sleeving and easily replaceable stainless screens. The herb chamber’s high-temp plastic exterior (rated at over 600 degrees F) is surrounded by heat resistant silicon to keep your fingers from getting burned. The silicon grip around the herb chamber keeps things cool.

“What’s Fonzie Like?!? That’s right, cool.”
– Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction.

The bowl outlet connects to the FDA medical-grade silicon whip using a 600+ degree F rated adapter, or directly to a silicon balloon attachment. The vapor capture balloon and whip are both FDA approved food-grade, and neither will outgas within operational temperatures.
Both the plastic and the silicon used in the Herbalizer are the same stuff used in food-safe high-temperature cookware. Together, these materials make it completely safe for herbalizing, inside and out.
When our beta testers were invited to come and help us make the Herbalizer® a better product, all testers commented on the purity and clean taste of the vapor (unsolicited, mind you). No leaching of chemicals or compromising taste, guaranteed! Only flawless vapor delivered safely every time.
To add to the Herbalizer’s® safety and the user’s peace of mind, we included some extra nifty features. All devices include an auto shutoff feature that intelligently determines when it’s no longer in use, so you can leave the device on and not worry about its supercharged heating element. The Herbalizers® incorporate a 3-axis accelerometer that detects accidental tip over, and multiple temperature sensors with intelligent software for additional safety.
It’s amazing we’ve survived this long without such safeguards..

Josh's Dad

Father of the Herbalizer.com founder
I gotta say this device looks to be a real change in the way we're going to be medicating in the future. If the company is really setting themselves up active members in herbology I'm incredibly interested.

The precise temperature control is what intrigues me most on this device. I will say I wish they would give some thought to all of the pieces in the airflow. It sounds like they are using some high temp plastic and that's great but all plastics have off gassing and we're all starting to hear what these things can do to our body. Maybe this is something to consider for a future update

Stu, thanks for the above reference for "anyone interested in material safety". The write-up was actually precipitated by concerns expressed by Johny Chaos which made Josh realize the need to reveal the extent of research and testing that has gone into this one aspect alone; part of the momentum for quality is left over from engineering for NASA. If nothing else, reading the article on material safety provides just a peek into what a million dollars in R&D buys, which is a bargain for what has been accomplished for the Herbalizer.

Did Josh answer the question about what condoms and the Herbalizer have in common? I hope so, he's still single I'm relieved that he takes the safety of a condom so seriously. BTW, Josh has said many times that the time and dedication required for starting up this company is the reason he's is still single. His mother and I are still waiting, but no pressure.

Enchantre

Oil Painter

Did Josh answer the question about what condoms and the Herbalizer have in common? I hope so, he's still single I'm relieved that he takes the safety of a condom so seriously. BTW, Josh has said many times that the time and dedication required for starting up this company is the reason he's is still single. His mother and I are still waiting, but no pressure.
Oh my, yes, you ARE his dad! :lol:

Enchantre,
Reactions: Jeff-K

the ob

all good in the hood.
Josh's dad rules.

I had the pleasure of connecting briefly last week with one of the people who works for the company. Before you ask, no I did not get any amazing super secret info to share.

Just seem like a very bright group of people working on this project. I am very excited to see where this is headed :)

Top Bottom