The Herbalizer

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
i didnt know wher else to post this since the herbalizer message contest is over, but I just had an idea. I dont know if it would be possible, But what about user programmable messages! There were so many good ones it would be awesome if you could get it and plug in a keyboard or something...or even send them the messages you want when you order and have them program it for you!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Salutations MyNameIsMudd,

Or can i call you Harry?

Hummm... What about a mini-USB port and user-serviceable multi-language FirmWares?!

:peace:
I dont understand the Harry comment, but You can call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie, thats long for mud so ive been told.

Sorry couldnt resist

was thinking the exact same thing regarding the mini-usb port, or even a usb port. My Dont know about the firmware part. I just imagined myself getting one and being able to plug in a keyboard and type your own messages. maybe an messages option in the settings or something to save the messages.

As im typing this message on my phone though i may have had a better/ possibly easier idea...an iphone/android app. Plug your phone into herbie or maybe even sync with bluetooth or something. Go to the herbie app and program your messages.

I just figured there were sooo many good messages that having them pick and program 10 would be a shame. Plus i want to win so if they take this idea i expect a free herbie!!! (Kinda kidding/kinda serious)

Mynameismud,

satyrday

I dont understand the Harry comment...
Mudd_Big.jpg

His name is Mudd, Harry Mudd.

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again MyNameIsMud,
Salutations Satyrday,

...Harry comment...

As pointed out previously, it's just a Star Trek reference. :D

...being able to plug in a keyboard and type your own messages.

Actually i was thinking maybe if there's a mini-USB port available then why not just make it load a command-file from some user-provided thumbware at boot-time, for example? Well, you get the idea...

:science:

...sync with bluetooth...

Wireless sounds great as it suggests connecting to some compatible router and hence becoming available through it. Oh my!! A networked vaporizer!

:popcorn:

His name is Mudd, Harry Mudd.

The one and unique, Harry mudd!! ...evidently.

What? I like this character...
5.gif

Anyway, i'm about to unsubscribe. Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi again MyNameIsMud,
Salutations Satyrday,

As pointed out previously, it's just a Star Trek reference. :
:science:

:popcorn:

The one and unique, Harry mudd!! ...evidently.

What? I like this character...
5.gif

Anyway, i'm about to unsubscribe. Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Oh gotcha. "My name is mud" is a primus song which is why I chose it. Im only a moderate star trek fan so that went over my head.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Regarding user customization:
User-programmable code is seriously an excellent idea, and one that has been discussed and we would love to implement. However our hardware and software is 99% fixed and we simply cannot add that feature without a redesign now; but we have discussed adding iPhone/Andoid wireless compatibility with our next model, along with a mobile app that educates on different herbs and their benefits, and herbalization temperatures - of course that's a couple years out. Not to worry, the Easter Eggs will keep them entertained with this Herbie.
Let's keep this thread on topic. :)

evanaquinn

this thing is already going to be expensive!
I May only be speaking for me, but I don't want user messages, or bluetooth or any of that mess. That just adds more to the price tag.

The thought of having to flash or update my vaporizer seems very aggravating to me. One of the main selling points to me is the ease of use. This thing has what, 3 buttons? I don't want my vaporizer to have siri. I want it to vaporize my herbs and oils as quickly, easily, and effectively as possible. This thing does all of that all while being super sleek and storage friendly.
Knowing my luck I would brick my vape or something :(

The usb idea is cool though. To be able to power this off of usb would add a lot of versatility!

I may be the only one, but I want to use my vaporizer as my vaporizer. How many people would honestly use any bluetooth or wifi? I am a huge tech junkie and I highly doubt I would want to have to update my vaporizer or go through multiple steps just to get my vaporizer to say something when I turn it on

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
C'mon guys; vtac already addressed this in his post above with a quote from the manufacturer. In case you missed it:
User-programmable code is seriously an excellent idea, and one that has been discussed and we would love to implement. However our hardware and software is 99% fixed and we simply cannot add that feature without a redesign now; but we have discussed adding iPhone/Andoid wireless compatibility with our next model, along with a mobile app that educates on different herbs and their benefits, and herbalization temperatures - of course that's a couple years out. Not to worry, the Easter Eggs will keep them entertained with this Herbie.

Now let's move on and get back on topic; okay?

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Egzoset

evanaquinn

I know this is off topic but all of our names male names in my family are Erby since my grandfather ha ha.
I Showed this to my mother (who is very anti herbage...well a certain herb) and even she thought this thing is amazing and joked about the name.

You guys have really outdone yourselves for her to even watch any video about vaporization.

Can't wait for more news. Especially on the price!

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
me thinks this will be fairly high priced.... i willing to bet it will be right up there with Cano prices or perhaps more :(

mmenzie,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
me thinks this will be fairly high priced.... i willing to bet it will be right up there with Cano prices or perhaps more :(

Probably, in the end though, you get what you pay for(usually... :uhoh:). Just look at the Cloud or MiniVap. High price tag for high end performance.

mmenzie

Probably, in the end though, you get what you pay for(usually... :uhoh:). Just look at the Cloud or MiniVap. High price tag for high end performance.

high price tag and MAYBE high end (i am going to assume yes due to all the positive reviews) .... i would not know as i could not afford them to try them

mmenzie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm willing to bet it will outperform the competition by leaps and bounds. Personally I'm very happy that they decided to push the envelope and build something truly innovative. :):nod:

mmenzie

I'm willing to bet it will outperform the competition by leaps and bounds. Personally I'm very happy that they decided to push the envelope and build something truly innovative. :):nod:

i do too and i am not arguing that it should NOT carry a high price tag. i just know when it does it will join the ranks of vapes i will never own (3 kids, a house and job that pays me like i just started and not like i have been there for 8 years) and will HOPE i run in to somebody someday that has one for me to try it. i'm not saying "woe is me". i am just being realistic and high end vapes will never be in my own arsenal sad to say :(

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
i do too and i am not arguing that it should NOT carry a high price tag. i just know when it does it will join the ranks of vapes i will never own (3 kids, a house and job that pays me like i just started and not like i have been there for 8 years) and will HOPE i run in to somebody someday that has one for me to try it. i'm not saying "woe is me". i am just being realistic and high end vapes will never be in my own arsenal sad to say :(
I hear you. Maybe you'll be a lucky winner in one of the giveaways. I'm sure there will be more in the future as well. :)

I feel that this may be one of those products that causes people to pare down their collections. From what I've seen, it's one of the rare multi-function products that performs each function as well -- in this case, better from what I saw -- as the respective single-function products. In that regard, the expense may be easier to justify for those who are on the fence.

One of the aspects that will be fun to test with reliable temperature control is low temp vapor and its correlation to effect:dose.

GreenPhysicist

Wow. Assuming this isn't on par with the price range for the all-mighty Volcano, this could be my next desktop "toy." Very 21st century, I must say.

GreenPhysicist,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm considering listing a few things for sale, too. Not only here, but I might have some useful household items I can put on craigslist....

*sigh*

Enchantre,
Top Bottom