The Herbalizer

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I hope there is a way to mod the extreme Q or volcano bag system to hook onto the herbalizer because I dont wanna spend tons of money over the years buying the bags.

Skeena,

Mr. Dabs

I don't understand why anyone would drop $750 on a product and then try to ghetto-rig bags that don't belong to save the equivalent of $50 or so over a number of years...

You mean like the guys I see driving Ferrari's and Audi R8's sitting in the line that goes around the Costco twice in order to save a few bucks on a gallon of gas in a car that gets like 15mpg at best?

Basically, logic and human nature don't always correlate well.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
You mean like the guys I see driving Ferrari's and Audi R8's sitting in the line that goes around the Costco twice in order to save a few bucks on a gallon of gas in a car that gets like 15mpg at best?

well, the Ferrari is a business deduction but the cash for gas is a personal expense. i once talked with a 1%er who was looking at a $350,000 Grand Banks ... his only comment was about the $60 battery for the radar. kind of brought it all into perspective for this poor boy.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I had a customer like that once, a commodities trader. Put a $78k car on a credit card, and it auto-approved when I swiped it. Didn't even say call bank or anything, just printed the receipt . . .

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
It was a Visa, we didn't take Amex because of the merchant fees, although in this case they were 2.75% iirc . . . but it was interesting because since the customer was paying sticker price, and didn't negotiate the price of the vehicle, we had to take the card.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Bear in mind, comparisons to really expensive cars is not really talking off topic. The Herbalizer, "Herbie", begs to be compared to a high-end auto.
I would compare Herbie to a Tesla, maybe.

I am a Prius person, though.

That's not what was happening.

Basically, logic and human nature don't always correlate well.

This is marginally on topic.

well, the Ferrari is a business deduction but the cash for gas is a personal expense. i once talked with a 1%er who was looking at a $350,000 Grand Banks ... his only comment was about the $60 battery for the radar. kind of brought it all into perspective for this poor boy.
I had a customer like that once, a commodities trader. Put a $78k car on a credit card, and it auto-approved when I swiped it. Didn't even say call bank or anything, just printed the receipt . . .
AmEx ... the priviledges of membership
It was a Visa, we didn't take Amex because of the merchant fees, although in this case they were 2.75% iirc . . . but it was interesting because since the customer was paying sticker price, and didn't negotiate the price of the vehicle, we had to take the card.

These... are not.

Also, before this goes any further I might point out:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

Tweek

Either way, it's a sexy looking beast that I have high hopes for. The good thing is, if the model proves successful they will have the required funds to innovate and perhaps offer a more cost effective model down the road. So it is win win.

Breathemetal

I hate this piece of crap.

That's all i can keep telling myself to avoid going mad from not being able to jump on the pre-order wagon :(

Stupid money....

HEY! Someone buy me one...
...you don't need me turning full on hulk here!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So now that many of you have reserved your own Herbalizer, what are you going to do differently when it arrives? Not to disturb the engineering discussions, but as an owner how will this change your life? For example, how will you use it over the course of the day since you’ll now also have aromatherapy; will you use aromatherapy before or after vaporizing? Similar to drinking wine and keeping a record of your impression of each wine by year, now that you’ll be able to set an exact temperature; will you experiment and record your experience based on different temperature settings? Then too, where are you going to put it? For the first time you'll have an esthetically pleasing Herbalizer? Similar to a new appliance or piece of furniture, will you show case it in your living room, next to the pool table, chess board, or store it under your bed? Will you be taking it with the you in the car to visit friends and packing it in your carry on luggage for flights? If you live in Colorado, like I do (or plan on moving to Colorado), you might want to keep it in your special room where you can now legally grow your own plants. This can be a life changing event, how might it affect you personally?

After I attempt at justifying its cost I should be old enough to put this in the rec room at the senior citizens home for everyone to enjoy.

Breathemetal

Are you going to the event?

I will buy one just to bug you!

Is the event in Michigan?
If so? yes, if no, then hellllllllll no i would never spend the money that would be required to drive and simply test out a vape...that's would be retarded in my position.

You can buy one, then mail it to me though, ill pay for shipping...maybe
Oh, and ill need your Persei drawer as well

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been vaporizing with the Herbalizer as my only tool for 4 days now.

HERBALIZER in action.
The guys at Herbalizer finished a couple of "pre-production" units.
I have the honor of being one of the people to use and work with one of these units.
Here is what I am finding so far.
I am not going to drop an official review on you.... reviews are on the way!
I will talk about some of my findings, and I will do my best to focus my attention on this thread, so I may help in clarifying issues, straightening misconceptions and answering questions, along with the other pre production unit users.
Over a couple of days this unit has worked like a mule.
It is not tired.
I have used this unit for a couple of days now as my only device.
I did not leave it turned on to be "at ready".
during the last day and a half, a number of cardholding patients came to my home , and while there, they each did an impromptu session, and in each case were shocked at the speed.
The sessions and the concomitant cleanup was effortless.
Oh... Speed....
Herbie is fast. No joke.... he is dead fast.
EVERY single session that I have done so far... that unit is creating vapor before I am ready to receive it!
Very good system too.
ready to go in 5 to 10 seconds from cold.
It extracts so well.. and the bowl gets to just the right temperature, that I have easy cleanup.
So easy that I have been able to go back and forth having sessions with flower and concentrate with no special tidying up required.
After vaporizing concentrates... (This does not dab, but spreads that dab into a full session), when I drop out the concentrate pad, it is bone dry and clean.
The entire bowl is dry and clean and not tacky.
When I do flowers, they drop out of the bowl after the session with little "sweep-up".
Extraction is thorough and fast.
I can make a session last by starting at low temperatures.
I can go to a higher temperature and have a faster session, in which after a short time my herb is depleted.
A very impressive feature is that at any given temperature... when vapor is no longer being produced, I can go up just a degree or two and visually see another hit coming. Very precise temperature change!
So.. if the magnetized bowl is clean and not sticky... where are the condensates going?
The small amount of condensed residue that did not get inhaled.. was found after a dozen sessions...
perfectly forced by heat away from the bowl... into the tubing...
and it remained there in one place, about an inch into the tube easily retrieved by a tool or qtip (I used a qtip)
The rest of the tube was dry and clean.
The residue never tried to gather closer to the "plug in juncture.
The residues from flower were in every way pure and clean... perfect.
They were identical in color and texture to residues gathered in a different tube used only for concentrates.
Different essences however and also the concentrates residues gather twice as fast!
These are residues from flower only.
Note.. the entire tube is clean and dry, as is the path the oils ran from closest to the connector!
(the tube you see is clear for demo purposes- production tubing is not!)
DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
You will enjoy the play time.
The temperature controls are minute.
I can vape for a few minutes at 390...and I can get a new blast of vapor by going up 2º
I inched my way up in 2 and 3 degree increments, pleased to find new vapor formation at each step along the way.
I am not a social medicater.
When patients come visit me, They get parts or do other things, but sitting and medicating can be time consuming, so I do not always offer, especially on days that are filled with appointments.

This boosted the speed with which patients were in and out AND.. they got a chance to medicate. (and be amazed in the process.. always a bright spot in a patient's day)
It was along this order;
As I loaded the bowl I verbalized; "Want to try a new vape?"
They said yes... at which point I hit the button, dropped the bowl in place... turned on the fan...
and passed them a fuming mouthpiece....
The response was the same a dozen times in a row.
No words spoken (no time!), mouthpiece inserted into mouth.....
after a brief session......
all had a similar look of admiration on their faces.
(I think they all wiggled their eyebrows to some degree as well):brow:
I had FC member Dreamerr here at my home for a more prolonged exposure to the unit.. so she could witness the facility with which I went back and forth from flowers to concentrate...
and of course back again.
She will likely show up in short order and comment on what she thought.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Can it do unassisted hits?
How do you clear it? Do you?

How is the herb usage? Can you compare the amount of herb used by Herbie vs. a log vape? Any other desktop unit?

How is the sound level when you are using it?

Thanks. :)

Enchantre,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
As I loaded the bowl I verbalized; "Want to try a new vape?"
They said yes... at which point I hit the button, dropped the bowl in place... turned on the fan...
and passed them a fuming mouthpiece....
The response was the same a dozen times in a row.
No words spoken (no time!), mouthpiece inserted into mouth.....

I said no I do not want to try a new vape cause I got vas:lol:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Can it do unassisted hits?
How do you clear it? Do you?

How is the herb usage? Can you compare the amount of herb used by Herbie vs. a log vape? Any other desktop unit?

How is the sound level when you are using it?

Thanks. :)
Yes, you can do unassisted hits... and this is my norm, but I have started loving finishing up with that forced air.
It seems to give me one extra taste... like it is helping push more hot air through my meds!
How to clear it.
The tube and its "plug in" are unique, and they slip in effortlessly, and they slip out this way too.... but are designed to stay put during the vape. slip it out and clear it.

Herbie fits more herb than a log vape.. but nobody says it must be filled.
It can "fit" a bit more than a Solo...and less than an Inhalator.. but that is the bowl capacity.
It uses what I tell it to! :lol:

The forced air fan can be turned off, so the noise level is irrelevant. While it is on however, it is about 1/2 the volume of the Volcano fan.
There is a quieter cooling fan that comes on when unit reaches a certain level, but it is designed to be quiet and to only stay on for a short time when it is called upon by the circuitry.

Top Bottom