Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

Dopevape

hmm maybe there some sort of garantee it will make ignition for like say 2-3 million times? dunno David prolly knows.
I mean if you really wanna know how reliable it is in numbers.. but like OO said, this technology has been proven to work times and times over... piezo last.. or u can just hav ebad luck im guessing this is pretty good quality materials as well.

Dopevape,

scral

Hey Tweek, thanks for the tip. I was actually overfilling. When you said that a little purge helped I did some experimenting. I found that if you give the hammer the tiniest little half second blast of butane right before a session it operates flawlessly.

The only real negative, I did find that the hammer does not like the 8 degree days here in Chicago as of late and is almost impossible to warm it up enough...

scral,
Reactions: Tweek

Dopevape

Dunno how to explain it but it seems the Hammer can get me more into the zone. Been using several different vaporizers lately like the ones in my sig and now I am finally able to compare them.
It gives me a feeling of wow afterwards which is more what im looking after and im thinking this might also have to do with being able to heat closer to combustion easier to control not sure really. but its interesting.
This may easily be the party vape people are looking for.
Let me explain further: I'm the owner of the verdamper which is a mighty vape/cannon, but it does not cut it for me! it get you high as hell but its not the kind of feeling im looking after and for info: ABV is mostly light brownish in this one to dark brownish depends on waht kind of weed it is (i'm thinking the water filtration has something to do with the effect). My high needs to be more balanced and relaxed and up till now i have never felt that way after vaporising which make me wanna bum a joint or sigarette afterwards... this sucks cause i really have to lay off the combustion... and yeah im one of those tobacco/weed mixers as well... weed is expensive lets face it.. if id do it pure i might as well go lie underground right now.
The hammer does seem to be able to give this effect for me and up till now i don't know why this is but I'll share it anywayz.
The Lotus is a pretty good step towards where i wanna be but it is too much of a one hitter and harder to be able to get the desired effect, don't get me wrong this device is also superb but its a little harder and you are still able to combust. Abv can get darkbrown to burned in it but this is user error and hard to control as well constantly dialling in the torch to not overheat distance between heatingplate and torch etc... alot of variables. Does give you good hits when u do it right.
Then i come to the last vape i own: the Thermovape T1. Also nice device. Took me a while to find the good working parameters but now it finally works I can get my abv pretty nice and brown these days which makes me happy cause it wasn't a waste of money it was user error in beginning and bad sets of batteries...i got new love for it, if i could vape at work or lets say some place where i still need to be around with my head u know this is the vape to do it with! But again this vape does not get me where i need to be its more of a medicated feeling which is nice but i love a little more of heavier feeling. leaning closer to a joint but still healthy enough.
my conclusion: Could it be that the hammer is able to get out more of the contents of the marijuana? out of all the vapes i have this is the one that give me most satisfying feeling.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Could it be that the hammer is able to get out more of the contents of the marijuana? out of all the vapes i have this is the one that give me most satisfying feeling.

This makes the Hammer sound super promising; I'm pumped to try it out. I'm glad to see someone out of the midwest making a name in the vape world. Plus, butane has always intrigued me. I feel like this would be the perfect vape to take camping or on a float trip. Just bring your herbs, your Hammer, and a bottle of butane and you'll be set.

Tweek

This makes the Hammer sound super promising; I'm pumped to try it out. I'm glad to see someone out of the midwest making a name in the vape world. Plus, butane has always intrigued me. I feel like this would be the perfect vape to take camping or on a float trip. Just bring your herbs, your Hammer, and a bottle of butane and you'll be set.

Indeed it is. I already have plans to take my Hammer with me on hikes this summer. Rugged, yet affordable enough that you can easily replace it should it get lost or broken.

Head Tools

Manufacturer
Sorry for the slow replies, but I just got back from an amazing week in Las Vegas. We met so many awesome people at the CHAMPS show, and they were all impressed with our powerful approach to vaporizing.

Hey David. How do you keep the flame lit when on high? Anything over half power and my flame will generally go out after about 3 seconds. Works great the way I am using it but am curious. Maybe I am filling it wrong? I am using 5x refined fuel if that matters...

You are not filling it wrong. 5X butane is great, but I actually use low quality butane just to prove that it doesn't matter. It sounds like the issue has been resolved, but Tweek is correct to blame the air in the fuel tank. It can take 4 to 5 re-fills to completely remove all of the air from the fuel tank. Also, butane changes pressure with both temperature altitude. In order to make sure that the Hammer can function in many different situations (summer/winter, sea level/mountain), it was designed with a big range of fuel settings. The higher settings may not produce a stable flame for your location, but would work perfectly elsewhere. I find a setting on the valve that works for me and rarely adjust it.

hmm maybe there some sort of garantee it will make ignition for like say 2-3 million times? dunno David prolly knows.
I mean if you really wanna know how reliable it is in numbers.. but like OO said, this technology has been proven to work times and times over... piezo last.. or u can just hav ebad luck im guessing this is pretty good quality materials as well.

My manufacturer uses the highest quality piezo igniters. I have a Hammer that I have been testing for over two years. It has been ignited well over 10,000 times and is still going strong!

Hey Tweek, thanks for the tip. I was actually overfilling. When you said that a little purge helped I did some experimenting. I found that if you give the hammer the tiniest little half second blast of butane right before a session it operates flawlessly.

The only real negative, I did find that the hammer does not like the 8 degree days here in Chicago as of late and is almost impossible to warm it up enough...

You should not need to add butane before each use, but doing this a few times may have purged the remaining air from the tank without needing to fully drain the fuel. Now that the air is gone, you should be able to re-fill only when needed.

8 degrees is very cold, and will definitely slow your experience. However, I use my Hammer every day in a cold glass shop. If I put the Hammer in my pocket for 5-10 minutes before I vape, then it works perfectly.

Dunno how to explain it but it seems the Hammer can get me more into the zone. Been using several different vaporizers lately like the ones in my sig and now I am finally able to compare them.
It gives me a feeling of wow afterwards which is more what im looking after and im thinking this might also have to do with being able to heat closer to combustion easier to control not sure really. but its interesting.
This may easily be the party vape people are looking for.

out of all the vapes i have this is the one that give me most satisfying feeling.

WOW! Thank you! There are so many different compounds that all vaporize at different temps. If you don't hit the high temps, then you leave stuff behind. The Hammer performs a very complete extraction in a very short period of time (without overdoing it). This is why I believe that the Hammer is such a good sampling tool.

NO MORE wispy HITS
David

OO

Technical Skeptical

I have my own theories for why this is and have mentioned them many times on this board.

My idea is that the effect you are looking for comes from getting the full spectrum of active compounds in a very short period of time. My theory is that there are multiple compounds competing for the same receptors, but the ones that boil at a lower temp have a higher affinity, so if the higher boiling compound comes in a couple hits down the line, then you already have receptors full of the first compound, and it isn't leaving (due to higher affinity).

This is all just theory, I'm sure there's more complex explanations that are also plausible, this one is just based on anecdotal evidence after all.

Dopevape

I have my own theories for why this is and have mentioned them many times on this board.

My idea is that the effect you are looking for comes from getting the full spectrum of active compounds in a very short period of time. My theory is that there are multiple compounds competing for the same receptors, but the ones that boil at a lower temp have a higher affinity, so if the higher boiling compound comes in a couple hits down the line, then you already have receptors full of the first compound, and it isn't leaving (due to higher affinity).

This is all just theory, I'm sure there's more complex explanations that are also plausible, this one is just based on anecdotal evidence after all.

well it is an interesting theory and i see the point. Now i also see i wasn't quite done yet exploring the vaporising road. Its a long one trying to find the thing u want and like the most.
Has been loads of fun allrdy tho :)

Dopevape,

ExZen

Long-time lurker turned first time poster. I have been looking into switching over to vaping for awhile now and may be taking the plunge on ordering this device from Canada. Having recently lost my job the combination of low-cost and the promise of miserly herb usage greatly appeal to me. Just sold off some old video-games this week to raise the necessary funds :D

I don't suppose you know whether or not I'll be hit for duty fee's when you ship it. It won't affect my decision one way or the other but I wasn't able to find an online retailer in Canada which stocked it.

Overall, I think this device will find itself a nice niche. One of the reasons I chose this over an MFLB is that once I'm in a position to upgrade to a nice plug-in unit (not able to at the moment as I rent the lower half a house) is that I believe it will still have its place as a nice hiking/camping tool.

One last question, do you know if you will be selling replacement glass straws through any Canadian retailers at any point? My only concern is if I fumble and break something having to wait. I might order an additional set, but that means I will have to be more patient (!) and hold off until next week.

Anyways, thank you for your board presence on FC!

ExZen,
Reactions: Dopevape

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Long-time lurker turned first time poster. I have been looking into switching over to vaping for awhile now and may be taking the plunge on ordering this device from Canada. Having recently lost my job the combination of low-cost and the promise of miserly herb usage greatly appeal to me. Just sold off some old video-games this week to raise the necessary funds :D

I don't suppose you know whether or not I'll be hit for duty fee's when you ship it. It won't affect my decision one way or the other but I wasn't able to find an online retailer in Canada which stocked it.

Overall, I think this device will find itself a nice niche. One of the reasons I chose this over an MFLB is that once I'm in a position to upgrade to a nice plug-in unit (not able to at the moment as I rent the lower half a house) is that I believe it will still have its place as a nice hiking/camping tool.

One last question, do you know if you will be selling replacement glass straws through any Canadian retailers at any point? My only concern is if I fumble and break something having to wait. I might order an additional set, but that means I will have to be more patient (!) and hold off until next week.

Anyways, thank you for your board presence on FC!

Head Tools shipped mine through the post (which I much prefer) and I had to pay $24.21 to the postie when it arrived. Since mine was a contest prize and was clearly marked as a gift, I think this assessment was in error and I'm asking for a refund, but $9.95 of that is a non-refundable Canada Post handling fee. As a purchaser, you would have to pay the whole amount but getting assessed is hit-and-miss. You could get lucky.

pakalolo,

ExZen

Hey Pakalolo thanks for the info!

Since you have experience with both the hammer and the MFLB, do you have any preference between the two in regards to vapor produced, and the overall vaporizing experience? I ask because my purchase is realistically between these two device given my current level of funding. Just conducting some last minute research before I pull the trigger.

I'm sad I missed out on that super bowl bundle, looks like it was going for a steal then! Might have to willpower myself to wait for another sale, as those double deep stems look slick.

ExZen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's hard for me to compare the two because my experience with the LB far exceeds my experience with the Hammer. I also started out with a prejudice against butane, which I am happy to say the Hammer did a lot to erase.

The Hammer has a glass stem and the flavour is pretty clean. The LB does add its own note to the vapour, but I like it. They both have a bit of a learning curve, but thanks to a lot of experience I'm no longer much of a judge as to how big that curve is. If you are looking for big thick clouds, it will take some effort to produce them from the LB but it can be done. Since I prefer thinner lower temperature tasty vapour, I've never tried to pull clouds out of the Hammer so someone else will have to comment on that. Both are really good at helping you conserve your stash.

The Hammer is a lot larger than the LB and you can't conceal it in your fist for a stealth hit like you can with the LB. The Hammer isn't particularly good for stealthy hits anyway because it has a hiss—not loud but it's there. It warms up quickly (~20 seconds usually) but not nearly as fast as the LB (~3 seconds). The Hammer gets hot in use so you can't just pop it back into a pocket after use unless you put it in its box or something. The LB doesn't have this problem.

You mentioned hiking and camping, and unless your trip is just a weekend outing the Hammer probably is better suited for that. Of course it depends on your usage, but you might have to pack along a lot of batteries for the LB, while the Hammer just needs a small can of butane. On the negative side, the stems are glass and need to be packed carefully. The LB doesn't need a stem, although some people prefer using one. You can get wooden stems if that's an issue.

Finally, as I'm sure you know, you can order the LB from a Canadian vendor and avoid the customs issue. I hope this helps.

pakalolo,

ExZen

It's hard for me to compare the two because my experience with the LB far exceeds my experience with the Hammer. I also started out with a prejudice against butane, which I am happy to say the Hammer did a lot to erase.

The Hammer has a glass stem and the flavour is pretty clean. The LB does add its own note to the vapour, but I like it. They both have a bit of a learning curve, but thanks to a lot of experience I'm no longer much of a judge as to how big that curve is. If you are looking for big thick clouds, it will take some effort to produce them from the LB but it can be done. Since I prefer thinner lower temperature tasty vapour, I've never tried to pull clouds out of the Hammer so someone else will have to comment on that. Both are really good at helping you conserve your stash.

The Hammer is a lot larger than the LB and you can't conceal it in your fist for a stealth hit like you can with the LB. The Hammer isn't particularly good for stealthy hits anyway because it has a hiss—not loud but it's there. It warms up quickly (~20 seconds usually) but not nearly as fast as the LB (~3 seconds). The Hammer gets hot in use so you can't just pop it back into a pocket after use unless you put it in its box or something. The LB doesn't have this problem.

You mentioned hiking and camping, and unless your trip is just a weekend outing the Hammer probably is better suited for that. Of course it depends on your usage, but you might have to pack along a lot of batteries for the LB, while the Hammer just needs a small can of butane. On the negative side, the stems are glass and need to be packed carefully. The LB doesn't need a stem, although some people prefer using one. You can get wooden stems if that's an issue.

Finally, as I'm sure you know, you can order the LB from a Canadian vendor and avoid the customs issue. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the write up! This confirms a lot of what I've gathered reading through both this thread and the Launch Box thread. From what I've heard both manufacturers are great to work with.

In regards to stealth, that makes sense. I always assumed the Hammer made the same sound as most other butane torches. As stealth isn't of the biggest concern to me (prefer to hit in the comfort of my home or outside in my yard) I don't consider it a deal breaker at all, but it is still something to bear in mind.

And that is a good point in regards to Canadian vendors. It is probably the biggest reason why I haven't already pulled the trigger since selling off Xenoblade Chronicals and an extra copy of Win 7 I had around to pull together the funds. Might have to just give everything a ponder just for today before jumping to any decisions. Thanks again for your well thought out response, I think I would be completely lost if I hadn't stumbled across FC!

Thanks for the assist

ExZen,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
Head Tools shipped mine through the post (which I much prefer) and I had to pay $24.21 to the postie when it arrived. Since mine was a contest prize and was clearly marked as a gift, I think this assessment was in error and I'm asking for a refund, but $9.95 of that is a non-refundable Canada Post handling fee. As a purchaser, you would have to pay the whole amount but getting assessed is hit-and-miss. You could get lucky.

I'm sorry that happened. Like you said, it was clearly marked as a gift.... I hope you get your refund.

We are more than happy to ship directly to our Canadian customers, but a distributor north of the border would help expedite shipments to you guys. Who is your favorite vape distributor in Canada? (PM me with your opinions)

NO MORE wispy HITS
David

ExZen

I'm sorry that happened. Like you said, it was clearly marked as a gift.... I hope you get your refund.

We are more than happy to ship directly to our Canadian customers, but a distributor north of the border would help expedite shipments to you guys. Who is your favorite vape distributor in Canada?

NO MORE wispy HITS
David

Unfortunately I am somewhat of a newbie when it comes to vaping, so I'll allow my more experienced peers here speak to that.

ExZen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

We are more than happy to ship directly to our Canadian customers, but a distributor north of the border would help expedite shipments to you guys. Who is your favorite vape distributor in Canada? (PM me with your opinions)

NO MORE wispy HITS
David

No apology necessary, you did everything correctly.

pakalolo,

Tweek

I just want to officially say how much I love this thing. I took it out with me for a walk today, and all I had was some old AVB, and this little guy did a great job of giving me some great hits from what I thought was pretty much spent material.

Going on a good long hike in a couple weeks for a nature shoot (video...not hunting;)). Will take this along for some company...just hope I don't wake any bears from their slumber with the sweet scent. :smug:

OF

I just want to officially say how much I love this thing. I took it out with me for a walk today.......

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we're very happy for you both.

Too bad you're not local, I think you can marry your Cera in San Francisco....... After all, you have your rights too, right?

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we're very happy for you both.

Too bad you're not local, I think you can marry your Cera in San Francisco....... After all, you have your rights too, right?

OF
But he can't marry his Hammer why? :shrug:

I wouldn't grant him a marriage license anyway.... he clearly shows neglect in his treatment of his vaporizers. I mean who goes for a walk with a vape and only brings ABV for the picnic? C'mon, man. :disgust:

:peace:

Dopevape

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, I have these little cans of butane lying around from the Weller pyropen soldering iron. My dad always used to tell me not to use this butane for lighters etc.. anyone know why this could be?
Been searching for specifics on this butane but couldnt come up with anything decent as to why this butane would be different or more dangerous or whatever... :s
Edit: might be stupid question but im asking it anywayz :D

Dopevape,

Tweek

But he can't marry his Hammer why? :shrug:

I wouldn't grant him a marriage license anyway.... he clearly shows neglect in his treatment of his vaporizers. I mean who goes for a walk with a vape and only brings ABV for the picnic? C'mon, man. :disgust:

:peace:

Starting my own business right now, so no primo material for me for a long while...:ugh:

Top Bottom