Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Dont think the hopper is ever going to improve that much unless they change the design or/and the material its made out off or just the laws off physics. :rolleyes: it kicks ass but the amount of heat it produces either indentionally or unintentionally the is massive .. Or just the pain of your hand shorting on the cap and body meeting :rofl:.
The current design is a good idea however it’s very fragile and prone to the slightest irregularities - and an early and poor quality control issue. The heater and its sensors or whatever controls and monitors the current ain’t all that great either.

Mine got hot too in the backend frequently and by the lights & air holes on occasion. Once in a blue moon the frontend got very hot too. Maybe wear gloves? Lol. I hear and feel your pain :).

HL has a lot more maturing to do in order to get to another level - if they survive. We’ll see...:peace:

Vaping_Casual

The current design is a good idea however it’s very fragile and prone to the slightest irregularities - and an early and poor quality control issue. The heater and its sensors or whatever controls and monitors the current ain’t all that great either.

Mine got hot too in the backend frequently and by the lights & air holes on occasion. Once in a blue moon the frontend got very hot too. Maybe wear gloves? Lol. I hear and feel your pain :).

HL has a lot more maturing to do in order to get to another level - if they survive. We’ll see...:peace:

What I'd be curious about is if they do tank, who would step in and take the IP? I would love to see this stuff in a more appropriate housing and setup. I could see this killing if it was even just marginally larger with better cooling and ability to avoid tight tolerances. Hell, if this thing had an OLED screen with temp control, it would go back to being everyone's ideal vape.

I was a pre-order for a Grey Ti and have since picked up an additional SS model. My bias is coming from someone who has owned (and loved) this vape in addition to boat loads of other vapes. I just busted it out the other day to see if it was working (finicky as always in past, waiting to send it in for repairs like many) and it RIPPED like a dream. No burning, charring or otherwise. Holy actual shit it looked like my soul left my body off a 3/4 pack. I took a video of it, but need to crop it as I am... not... dressed. Completely at least. Point is: no shirt means no sharing :lol:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
What I'd be curious about is if they do tank, who would step in and take the IP? I would love to see this stuff in a more appropriate housing and setup. I could see this killing if it was even just marginally larger with better cooling and ability to avoid tight tolerances. Hell, if this thing had an OLED screen with temp control, it would go back to being everyone's ideal vape.

I was a pre-order for a Grey Ti and have since picked up an additional SS model. My bias is coming from someone who has owned (and loved) this vape in addition to boat loads of other vapes. I just busted it out the other day to see if it was working (finicky as always in past, waiting to send it in for repairs like many) and it RIPPED like a dream. No burning, charring or otherwise. Holy actual shit it looked like my soul left my body off a 3/4 pack. I took a video of it, but need to crop it as I am... not... dressed. Completely at least. Point is: no shirt means no sharing :lol:
Its obviously "balls/boobs or get the fuck out!" on this thread :brow:

Vaporific

What I'd be curious about is if they do tank, who would step in and take the IP?
I would not assume anyone would. Companies come and go. I know they had some new management recently but that doesn't necessarily mean ownership or additional capital. I don't think anyone really knows how solvent they are. Glad you're enjoying yours. My Ti was a pre-order and the AVB was marginal at best and vapor/clouds were just ok too its first year, and then everything went downhill from there. You're wishlist items sound to me like the Fury 2 which I have and love times two (I have 2). I'll leave it at that.

Its obviously "balls/boobs or get the fuck out!" on this thread
No doubt - it's all or nothing in this thread and little in between. I'm getting antsy for my unit to come back from RMA. I loved the fact I could take one or two quick pulls on 3.9 and then put it away and feel good for a while.:peace:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I would not assume anyone would. Companies come and go. I know they had some new management recently but that doesn't necessarily mean ownership or additional capital. I don't think anyone really knows how solvent they are. Glad you're enjoying yours. My Ti was a pre-order and the AVB was marginal at best and vapor/clouds were just ok too its first year, and then everything went downhill from there. You're wishlist items sound to me like the Fury 2 which I have and love times two (I have 2). I'll leave it at that.

No doubt - it's all or nothing in this thread and little in between. I'm getting antsy for my unit to come back from RMA. I loved the fact I could take one or two quick pulls on 3.9 and then put it away and feel good for a while.:peace:

Haven't they switched up or changed some upper management or owners in the last year? Pretty sure I remember a blog like that or someone posting it... Or maybe I am dreaming

Vaporific

Haven't they switched up or changed some upper management or owners in the last year? Pretty sure I remember a blog like that or someone posting it... Or maybe I am dreaming
I heard management but that doesn’t necessarily imply ownership or different investors. It could but I don’t know. Someone on here might know but much is speculative and derived from their general marketing communications. I don’t follow them on Reddit or wherever they may be social, which is another channel to possibly glean info about them.:peace:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Only hopper I have left that's never been registered just completely died. Combusted the last bowl I tried then I swapped batteries and tried to turn it on just now and it does absolutely nothing. Never had a hopper just completely give out like this. Tried to register it on my account and it says the code doesn't match the serial so I've sent an email to HL to see if they'll help me out at all.

Vaporific

Only hopper I have left that's never been registered just completely died. Combusted the last bowl I tried then I swapped batteries and tried to turn it on just now and it does absolutely nothing. Never had a hopper just completely give out like this. Tried to register it on my account and it says the code doesn't match the serial so I've sent an email to HL to see if they'll help me out at all.
Sorry, man. How old is your unit? When did you use it last? I only have one, a pre-order, which I have to think is registered. I messaged HL via my account again inquiring about my RMA and haven't heard back from them in a few days. Not surprising but frustrating nonetheless: 11+ months in RMA-ville and still waiting. Just like my battery order which I'm ready to ask for a refund for if I don't hear from them soon. Just ridiculous! :peace:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Sorry, man. How old is your unit? When did you use it last? I only have one, a pre-order, which I have to think is registered. I messaged HL via my account again inquiring about my RMA and haven't heard back from them in a few days. Not surprising but frustrating nonetheless: 11+ months in RMA-ville and still waiting. Just like my battery order which I'm ready to ask for a refund for if I don't hear from them soon. Just ridiculous! :peace:
A yearish old. Used it 2 days ago and it's just been sitting on my desk not being touched since because it combusted.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had same failure experience a year ago. The only time a hopper ever combusted on me, then the ride was over, no lights, no nuthin'.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
11+ months in RMA-ville and still waiting.
Mine is just a bit less than 11 months too... if I was living close enough of the GHL location they would see me in person cause they are not afraid to give you false promises and delay, they assured to me I'll get mine "in a few weeks"... months ago ( but you can still count weeks if you prefer...). No patience at all but whatelse may be done?

Vaporific

Mine is just a bit less than 11 months too... if I was living close enough of the GHL location they would see me in person cause they are not afraid to give you false promises and delay, they assured to me I'll get mine "in a few weeks"... months ago ( but you can still count weeks if you prefer...). No patience at all but whatelse may be done?
Sadly others have waited longer. And some considerably less AND they sent in and received their RMAs after us. It’s completely baffling how they handle the queue which is implicated by lack of manpower, lack of parts, and lack of competence.

Anyone receive their battery order yet? Not me. It’s August already!:bang::peace:

JCat

Accessory Maker
“Few” means 3 or more ... I don’t know when a few becomes many .... but I don’t technically think there is a dividing line ... so maybe by a few they meant 3-4 hundred weeks? Who knows with HL! :lol:

Vaporific

“Few” means 3 or more ... I don’t know when a few becomes many .... but I don’t technically think there is a dividing line ... so maybe by a few they meant 3-4 hundred weeks? Who knows with HL! :lol:
I’m not religious but according to the Bible a “few” is eight (saw this on Jeopardy years ago). We can always pray HL is wrong in our favor but that’s seldom the case. A few weeks, a few dozen weeks, etc...:peace:

Vaporific

In that case, they should have gone with "40 days & 40 nights" to mean a really really long time. :lol:
Ah the great flood. In hindsight I should’ve ordered 2 Hoppers, like Noah boarded the animals 2-by-2, when I ordered my pre-order Ti in ‘15.:myday:

Regardless, HL is still behind and their estimates are really guesstimates...:peace:

vapenerd

Got my hopper mid-September and have used it about 20 times. No problems at all.
Update: 9 months later and my hopper still works! Am I just lucky? Maybe it's because I've got like 15 vaporizers and don't use it very often anymore. Too much competition.

The Hopper is way too hot without water. And with a bong... well... the Hydrobrick Maxx for example is so much more fun to use and the vapor is A LOT better and much more tasty. It's not even a competition.

So yeah, my Hopper has kind of become obsolete.

Last edited:

Macicman

Early adapters are lab rats. The one i recieved on 1/5/19 is still plowing through loads. I consider it a cigar that you puff. Just sucking on it as hard as you can always yields lesser results. I use natively with pfe. Puff, puff, puff, puff, then draw.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Early adapters are lab rats.
Be carefull what you say:lol:... here it's an early adopters community! We are fan and consider that risk as a personnal investment in the vapor world:cool:.... and in the pocket of some hungry guys (like GHL folks):lmao:!

PPN,
Reactions: armani
Top Bottom