1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

Welp Olivia finally replied to my warranty request from 28 days ago. No news really, just saying things are still delayed because of the upgrades.

2. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

So I got nothing good to say.

So new customers come before Warranty services I suppose.

Sent mine in mid-December.

[​IMG]

And, asking about He order for 2 Ti’s I placed during the coupon offer:

Hi Joe,

My apologies, your order is still in queue to ship. With our variable production batch sizes I cannot offer a concrete date for when it will ship. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

kind regards,
    Olivia

:ugh:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Vapor_Eyes, JCat, MoltenTiger and 2 others like this.
  3. ashinybox

ashinybox Well-Known Member

PFE received today. I wouldn't be that upset about the fact it got shipped out separately, but to receive in this condition? Unacceptable.

Anyone notice any rust stains on your new performance front end?

Vapor_Eyes, TheWhisper, JCat and 4 others like this.
  4. Sonicboom1991

Sonicboom1991 Well-Known Member

I always experienced the opposite of combustion. The re accruing issue I kept running into was the hopper would be severely under preforming ie green abv on temp 5.

5. manujoe

manujoe Well-Known Member

Mine 2. So frustrating cause every now and again it works properly and I keep chasing that experience but I've given up on my current one.i have alternatives but none do what the grasshopper in full flow is capable of

6. Sonicboom1991

You nailed it with that line. After multiple consistently failed RMAs Caroline asked me to take videos multiple times to show the lack of vapor production. After going back and forth with more videos and failed RMAs I eked it out of Caroline that they were not actually testing the hopper at all.

Vapor_Eyes, manujoe and JCat like this.
  7. snaffle

snaffle Well-Known Member

Could that be rust? Neither SS nor Ti should rust. Is it just a bit of oil or machining residue that you can remove with ISO alcohol or similar? That's what it looks like to me.

If that's all, I wouldn't be upset by it. Even vapcaps can have machining residue on when you receive them and you're recommended to clean them before use, so I don't find it unacceptable. Of course if it's rust and some degradation that would be a different story, but I think that's unlikely.

8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Reply from Olivia on ROM estimate on RMA return of my GH:

Hi Baron23 (sic),
    I apologize for the delays. Due to our recent lab upgrade, we have quite the service queue built up. I would guess it will be at least a few weeks here.
    Kind regards,
    Olivia

9. armani

armani Well-Known Member

Great to have an honest answer, that's all we want.

10. Cheesequake

Well, two weeks for hopper labs can mean as much as multiple months, so I wouldn't be so sure about the "honest" part of that "honest answer."

She probably honestly has no idea.

11. armani

armani Well-Known Member

I was more thinking of honest not shipping out warranty units currently

12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Where did two weeks come from?

From Olivia: I would guess it will be at least a few weeks here.

Yes, its vague, its not a schedule commitment, but at least they told me that its a bit of a black hole there right now and this response gives me reason to be patient.

All good with me, wish they were more responsive but again I'm willing to see if their recent significant changes will have a positive impact on quality and turn around times.

Vapor_Eyes, JCat, manujoe and 9 others like this.
  13. Cheesequake

Was referring to past delays. What I was implying is that if two weeks can mean a few months, imagine how long "a few weeks" could mean.

Vapor_Eyes, Hogni, biohacker and 6 others like this.
  14. Sonicboom1991

I'm thinking we'll start seeing warranty returns sometime in April. Just a guess though, I hope I'm right as a working hopper in time for the 20th would be sweet!

15. demonscars

demonscars Well-Known Member

Any word on the battery charger I bought when it first went on sale and was supposed to ship in December?!?! I have to ask here because every time I email GH to ask they basically yell at me for being a customer who wants what they order and not a ton of emails about how you can buy different colored hoppers (even when they’re not making those!) The thing should come fully stocked with brand new batteries at this point.

JCat and Sonicboom1991 like this.
  16. Cheesequake

Someone posted on reddit that they asked PIU if they were selling the most up to date version and they 100% are.

Vapor_Eyes, biohacker, JCat and 3 others like this.
  17. TheWhisper

TheWhisper Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that PIU is a customer too, and they may have put in for an order themselves right before GHL upgraded their facilities. So, they may not actually have cut any hypothetical line.

MoltenTiger, Sonicboom1991 and JCat like this.
  18. Cheesequake

They're a retailer, not a customer. And there's no way that they could've completed and tested enough stock for PIU to still be in stock in the incredibly short period of time between when they "finished upgrading the lab" and PIU received their stock. They DEFINITELY didn't order before the possibly hundreds of people who have their hoppers sitting in warranty service right now.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Sonicboom1991 likes this.
  19. TheWhisper

TheWhisper Well-Known Member

Retailers are customers too.

Vapor_Eyes, slcbdco and Sonicboom1991 like this.
  20. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

"We have a lot of confidence in this device and would be happy to help if you have any trouble with it." -PIU

I love PIU, don't get me wrong - they are my favourite retailer of all, but helping is going to mean "file an RMA with HL". What else?

I just don't see how ANYONE could say that they have a lot of confidence in this device. It's been nearly 3 years.

Mr. Gweilo 420 and Sonicboom1991 like this.
  21. armani

armani Well-Known Member

Don't think people want to lose hope, the device is small and powerfull, perfect for bong rips... we don't have so many other alternative for small fast extraction devices.. the competitions is lacking here otherwise i think this story would have taken another course.

By now we all really know that nothing about Hopperlabs can be trusted neither their product or information being sent out.

So we can either stick around and wait and take what we get or sell our devices and wait for future upgrades or alternatives.

Don't think they even care about the bitching we do in this thread, otherwise they would atleast replied to some of our concerns or feedback.

22. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

Yup, that's well put. Their reliability, their communication - uhm- "skills", their business policies, would've have kicked them off the market long ago if their product wasn't that unique. If anyone needs to rely on their vape, like for medical reasons, I don't get how such a person would buy a Hopper. There's plenty of super reliable units on the market.

23. Cheesequake

Olivia replied to my question about when my unit would ship:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Vapor_Eyes, GreenHopper, JCat and 7 others like this.
  24. manujoe

manujoe Well-Known Member

I wonder what they doubled it from. At least she replied and included new information for us expectant parents

25. Cheesequake

My guess: from one unit a day to two.

muunch, JCat, barleecat and 7 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors