Discontinued The Grasshopper

armani

Professional Stoner
Seems like we got a part 3 today, apparently they have been shipping for weeks? :hmm:

cW0ffRj.jpg

oneizm

Seems like we got a part 3 today, apparently they have been shipping for weeks? :hmm:

cW0ffRj.jpg
IF this is true I honestly expect to hear news of my hopper next week. If I don't hear anything I'm going to assume this is all bullshit. One of my warranty requests has been open since September. Granted they reported reciept of the hopper in December but this is still crazy.

How hard can it possibly be to estimate a timeline? That's all people want. Even just an average number of hoppers that are being fixed each day would be enough. If it's gonna take a month, fine. It will take a month. But don't leave me in the dark. I'm not even asking for full transparency at this point. I don't trust them enough to believe it anyway.

I just want hopperlabs to have a semblance of accountability. They sold me a product that has spent more time being "fixed" than it has in my possession. I don't want to hear more excuses. I want an actually apology. I want to hear, "we've been messing up royally, here's what we're doin going to fix this, and more importantly make sure this never happens again". I don't just want to her, "we changed stuff now it works" I want to know what did you change. What problems were fixed? What are you still working on. Hopper lab says has a terrible reputation right now and they need to do the leg work to fix that before they get anymore of my money.

Case and point, the batter charger and the case. First it's coming by the end of 2017, then it's coming the first quarter of 2018, now it's coming the second quarter. "who's the fool? The fool, or the fool who follows the fool", I'm done feeling foolish.

manujoe

IF this is true I honestly expect to hear news of my hopper next week. If I don't hear anything I'm going to assume this is all bullshit. One of my warranty requests has been open since September. Granted they reported reciept of the hopper in December but this is still crazy.

How hard can it possibly be to estimate a timeline? That's all people want. Even just an average number of hoppers that are being fixed each day would be enough. If it's gonna take a month, fine. It will take a month. But don't leave me in the dark. I'm not even asking for full transparency at this point. I don't trust them enough to believe it anyway.

I just want hopperlabs to have a semblance of accountability. They sold me a product that has spent more time being "fixed" than it has in my possession. I don't want to hear more excuses. I want an actually apology. I want to hear, "we've been messing up royally, here's what we're doin going to fix this, and more importantly make sure this never happens again". I don't just want to her, "we changed stuff now it works" I want to know what did you change. What problems were fixed? What are you still working on. Hopper lab says has a terrible reputation right now and they need to do the leg work to fix that before they get anymore of my money.

Case and point, the batter charger and the case. First it's coming by the end of 2017, then it's coming the first quarter of 2018, now it's coming the second quarter. "who's the fool? The fool, or the fool who follows the fool", I'm done feeling foolish.
I'm glad now that I didn't pull the trigger on the charger and case during the cash grab. I don't know what to believe anymore. Is any vaporizer worth this much hassle?

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Is any vaporizer worth this much hassle?
May just be me but I honestly believe it is. I'd be pretty devastated if Grasshoppers weren't sold anymore. I ordered both the SS case and charger with their past estimates in mind, so I fully expect it could take a year before I see either one. I'm prepared to wait though for less than $100 total.

manujoe

May just be me but I honestly believe it is. I'd be pretty devastated if Grasshoppers weren't sold anymore. I ordered both the SS case and charger with their past estimates in mind, so I fully expect it could take a year before I see either one. I'm prepared to wait though for less than $100 total.
Unfortunately I agree with you. That's why I'm hanging around here. It is worth the hassle as long as they are being transparent with us and remains to be seen. As far as the case and charger go, I can I can manage without them until they're actually in stock and shipping next day.

dodgy_b

Well, playing around and surprised to see that the 35% discount code is still working. At that price, maybe I will get another and see if they are actually shipping the new ones.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, playing around and surprised to see that the 35% discount code is still working. At that price, maybe I will get another and see if they are actually shipping the new ones.
I hope you acted on this yesterday. I just tried the code and it came up 'Invalid'.

On another note, with all the sturm und drang of delays and BS with, well, everything in Hopperland, the one thing I've got going for me is the forced break I've been on for almost 11 months now. Ha! What a way to stick it to the system! :rolleyes:

dodgy_b

I hope you acted on this yesterday. I just tried the code and it came up 'Invalid'.

On another note, with all the sturm und drang of delays and BS with, well, everything in Hopperland, the one thing I've got going for me is the forced break I've been on for almost 11 months now. Ha! What a way to stick it to the system! :rolleyes:

Lol.

I did pull the trigger last night. I was logged in to my account and the 35% discount worked. Were you logged in? Interesting if they shut it off right after.

Having a little buyers remorse this morning but my relationship with my Hopper changed once I relegated it down to number 3 in my rotation. I now just use it once in awhile like a sports car, if I had one!

Maybe the newer versions can step up to a higher position in the lineup, but until then, we understand each other much better if I keep her in the garage for a sunny day...

Last edited:

ssrrosey

Lol.

I did pull the trigger last night. I was logged in to my account and the 35% discount worked. Were you logged in? Interesting if they shut it off right after.

Having a little buyers remorse this morning but my relationship with my Hopper changed once I relegated it down to number 3 in my rotation. I now just use it once in awhile like a sports car, if I had one!

Maybe the newer versions can step up to a higher position in the lineup, but until then, we understand each other much better if I keep her in the garage for a sunny day...
What's in front of the hopper in your lineup then?

ssrrosey,
Reactions: JCat

dodgy_b

What's in front of the hopper in your lineup then?
Right now. Milaana for on demand, Mighty for session.

I'm always evaluating (too often) my on demand choices though and swapping things around. Paypal Credit w/ the 6 month window is an evil temptress.

I kind of lean towards regulated temps but the Milaana has been a good fit so far

Last edited:

JoeMama

Well, regarding the "optimistic" email I got from Olivia last week ( http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper.18482/page-798#post-1230060 )...
..... I never got a shipping notice, so I'm assuming she never shipped my purchase.
It just seems so weird that there is only one person I'm aware of that apparently received a new Hopper.

Oneizm, since Day One, this is the posture HL has had when it comes to disclosing information about anything. Pablum.

I know what you are.... you're Batman!! 11 months... I wonder, if I went that long, would I ever go back?!

snaffle

Based on what we've seen here and on reddit, I think it's reasonable to assume "shipping the last few weeks" refers to accessories people ordered. Which is more a function of the frenetic pace of things at the office calming down as the main overhaul got finished.

I treat my hopper more as a sports car as well, most of the time. Partly, frankly, because it's so effective that it can get me past the point of being able to do much of anything, which is nice, but not for all the time ;) Also, I think just the slightly easier loading of a vapcap gets me, as I know I need to be careful of threading and such on the GH, whereas the vapcap I can just shove in my grinder and not worry. It's funny how small things can make a difference to what you actually reach for. Don't get me wrong, I do think the GH when loaded with only a bit of herb works excellently, so it doesn't have to get me blazed. But a combination of the temptingly large chamber (compared to my vapcaps), and the slight fiddle of loading, are why I mostly reach for the vapcap if I don't want to fly to the moon.

I'm very happy they seem to be going for a bit more transparency with these new messages. Where were they posted, by the way? I agree with @Cheesequake, the GH is worth the hassle (at least it has been for me, one repair needed in its lifetime). I have high hopes for its future. Let's hope the new revision is fabulous!

Edited to add: by the way, page 800, woop woop!

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I know what you are.... you're Batman!! 11 months... I wonder, if I went that long, would I ever go back?!
Thanks, Joe.
It has, at times, required all my super powers! I have to revise my abstention time to 'only' 10 months, having looked again at the calendar...
I have been able to 're-purpose' a boatload of money.
There was certainly a withdrawal period, mostly affecting sleep cycle and dreams.
Long-term I can't say that I notice much difference in my functions, physically or mentally, even after a long clean out period.
Possible exception; For some years I was experiencing a form of vertigo, mostly a dizziness that would come on, then subside after about 5-10 seconds, anytime my head went from a vertical to horizontal plane (like looking up or lying down). Never had it checked out, but my research suggests it's and inner ear condition. After many months this seems to have been about 50% to 75% remedied. Whether this correlates to abstention is obviously no corroborated.
Someday I definitely plan to to get back on the bus, but that's still way off in the future.

Thanks folks, for indulging me. We now return to the regularly scheduled unrelenting task of adding to the thread.
Happy and Hoppy Page 800 to all!

Based on what we've seen here and on reddit, I think it's reasonable to assume "shipping the last few weeks" refers to accessories people ordered.
One semantic loophole they've left is the 'small batch' roll out of the new version, which could easily mean 'extremely small batch'

ssrrosey

Baron23

JoeMama

Thanks, Joe.
It has, at times, required all my super powers! I have to revise my abstention time to 'only' 10 months, having looked again at the calendar...
I have been able to 're-purpose' a boatload of money.
There was certainly a withdrawal period, mostly affecting sleep cycle and dreams.
Long-term I can't say that I notice much difference in my functions, physically or mentally, even after a long clean out period.
Possible exception; For some years I was experiencing a form of vertigo, mostly a dizziness that would come on, then subside after about 5-10 seconds, anytime my head went from a vertical to horizontal plane (like looking up or lying down). Never had it checked out, but my research suggests it's and inner ear condition. After many months this seems to have been about 50% to 75% remedied. Whether this correlates to abstention is obviously no corroborated.
Someday I definitely plan to to get back on the bus, but that's still way off in the future.

Totally interesting to me... and much appreciated! To make these choices of will, as opposed to necessity... just wow! :tup:

EDIT:
TOUCHDOWN!
So this happened today!

Za6jFZk.jpg

First of all, I'm totally surprised because I would have thought Olivia would've sent an actual "Your Grasshopper has shipped!" email notification.... but all I had to go on was her email (posted here earlier) that she would try and get my order out by the end of last week.

She came through. I don't know, One minute I'm seething with resentment all righteous, and the next I feel like I just wet the bed all shameful. But I can live with that. :whoa:

OK, so, having two identical hoppers at the same time brand new and I have this to say at the outset before using one (the other is for a buddy).

The Temp Dials feel identical... tight but not sticky, with an ever-so-slight nuance of "grit"... not in a bad way... and they're identical in that trait too... almost to the point of exhibiting the friction at the same points on their respective dials. And jeez I hope I'm not being too long-winded here.

2aZJhE0.jpg

The difference between this serial number and the serial number of the other one, is about 85, not that can correlate to anything useful.

There is a BIG difference in the clicking sound... it is more distinct (soft, but distinct), AND the clicking continues through the blue lights. The clicking is constant, now. Yes, on both units.

So I tried a taste, and I'm thinking I'd like to see this perform at T3. WTF is T1,2,3, and 4 for if I always have to use T5 for a decent cloud?
Unfortunately, T3 is pretty much a nothing-burger after a few separate draws. I refuse to do the double-click thing. But I'll hold making judgements so as to get through inconsistencies (like herb quality, etc).

Last edited:
Top Bottom