1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

It really hurts my butt that someone can now order a Grasshopper from a 3rd party seller and have it delivered 2 or 3 days from now but I probably won't see the Grasshopper I ordered directly from HL a ~week ago for who knows how long. Not to mention all the people who have had their hoppers sitting in warranty for a month+ with no real updates or timeline. Not surprised but definitely disappointed.

edit: It is cool that PIU is selling the Hopper now though :cool:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

I cannot log in either. @Jayd0g420 you can log in? No one else can, but you can?

Read that reddit thread. :uhh:
    Disconcerting. I'd like to believe in @Jayd0g420 . I'd like to believe...

Much as I love coming here to hopefully find good news about the status of HL, I know I'm equally likely to hear news I don't like.

But I never thought I'd hear good news that yet somehow makes me feel uneasy, or even, makes me feel like I'd be a fool to entertain believing it.

The website malfunction does not make me happy. Indeed if it continues more than 24 more hours, I will be more unhappy, and so on. ,

Then there's @Jayd0g420 , who perhaps has infiltrated FC trying to keep everyone calm by claiming to become the first recipient of the new Hopper, stalling us just long enough to allow GH execs to flee the country never to be seen again with all our money.

I'm going to suspend judgment, but, @Jayd0g420 , I hope you understand that, having waltzed in here and into reddit with a Hopper Cinderella story, where there are some fed-up and rightfully pissed off long-time customers (self included) who would LOVE for you to be real because it's pretty damn frustrating waiting with shitty customer service.

You say you're glad to be part of the group - now. You held off joining the group until you got your Hopper delivered?

So, please take a picture of your new Hopper, won't you. Take a few pictures!
    Is the box the same? Take a picture of the box.
    Be a Fan. Share your Joy. Encourage us.

If you can't share a pic with your mobile, do you have a desktop you can use? You've taken other pics and shared on reddit... why can't you take more?

.... yep, I'm suspending judgement.... either way.

Hjalmark, vapviking, JCat and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Are you surprised? I wouldnt be.

4. Cheesequake

I'm still logged in on my desktop/phone and can view my orders etc. just fine. Apparently if you're already logged in you're unaffected. When I try to login in a new private browser window there's nowhere for me to enter my login info when I click login.

Nope, the post you quoted literally says I'm not surprised :lol:

biohacker, Vapor_Eyes, JCat and 3 others like this.
  5. Jayd0g420

Jayd0g420 Member

Hope the imagine shows up

https://imgur.com/a/rvs1w

https://imgur.com/a/47wEn

https://imgur.com/a/rMptx

6. Vapetrees

Vapetrees Vaped Out

7. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

Nice. I wonder what's on the 'Hopper Tips' info sheet. Haven't seen that before.

Did you get one @Jayd0g420?

That's always been the case with these units. I purchased one from Vapefiend and received it 8 months before my HL pre-order, which I placed 5 months prior to purchasing from Vapefiend.

It's a great way to go, and offers another point of customer service

8. Cheesequake

That was different though. When Vapefiend and the other guys who were selling them when they first came out were selling them it was because they had pre-ordered them just like any other customer.

Poostuff, Sonicboom1991 and JCat like this.
  9. MoltenTiger

True but they restocked multiple times.
    Aus vapes have had stock this whole time of the SS hoppers, there's been multiple options consistently

slcbdco, GreenHopper, manujoe and 2 others like this.
  10. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

At least they’re looking after their resellers who in turn do a great job with their customers.
    This is the first time I’ve ordered directly other than accessories & I expect to be waiting a while just like I did for my accessories.
    Where’s the latest pic of the internals of the battery compartment?
    I’ve had a few replacements locally recently & just wanted something to reference it to.
    The last two replacements have been capable of combustion & for the best results without combustion I need to run the one I got back last week on 4.5.
    I don’t have a problem with this as some I’ve had were under powered & I prefer more power in a GH over less. The latest replacement works exceptionally well on 4.5 so I’m happy with this one.
    Perhaps with more power I can clean the buildup out of the screen in the chamber by setting on 5 after using.
    It’s probably nothing new but I can post an average pic of the battery compartment on this one if anyone is interested.
    They’ve always been great but I think they’ve been bought out by Namaste, I really hope they don’t turn to shit now.

11. MoltenTiger

Yeah, I kind of think they already have as they removed all standing accounts including loyalty points.
    Before it was run by fantastic people and the catalogue was on point, and customer service next level. But since my account was deleted during the take over, I've shopped elsewhere

I know what you mean, more power is the best. Being able to dial it in just below combustion gives some seriously good bong hits.

12. Cheesequake

Any proof to this claim? First I'm hearing of this. Definitely hope it's not true.

Poostuff and Sonicboom1991 like this.
  13. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHoppe...unable_to_login_to_website/dvhx9dq/?context=1

Kinda doesn't work for me, cause when I paste that big-a55 long line into my cmd it won't recognize "curl" and "username" and "password" as valid commands (even though I installed both git and cURL) but maybe it works for someone (way) more computer-literate than me. I'm a digital immigant from way back and I was pretty, üretty baked and tired when I tried this 1 AM last night.

14. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

I have no reason to not believe either of these people, but I can't square these three statements, unless I view it this way;
    First, @slcbdco's new unit apparently does have a new light pattern (color?) while @Jayd0g420's does not.

I believe that combustion was rarely happening in Grasshoppers until later iterations (not talking about post 2/'18). I certainly hope they have eliminated this in the new model; I don't want this option unless it's a separate selection on the dial called "clean mode".

My guess is that @Jayd0g420 may have received a unit that is not the v1.2 (@slcbdco's term).

As far as the website goes, I'm still willing to call the glitch a disconcerting 'weekend' phenomenon and maybe the webmeister went skiing...

15. duff

duff Well worn

FWIW, I do websites and I would have to go out of my way to turn off the login panel.

I've never run into a glitch that would cause that behavior but I suppose it could happen somehow.

Glad to hear @Cheesequake's order history and profile is still there. At least the user account tables haven't been deleted.

On the other hand, this may be just another example of HL's refusal/inability to cross their T's and dot their I's.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  16. MikeG7265

MikeG7265 Well-Known Member

Are the different lights on a regular Hopper? Or are they on your Electric Blue? Just wondering if maybe this is something exclusive to the Limited ones. I wouldn’t think so, just a thought.

MoltenTiger likes this.
  17. ssrrosey

ssrrosey Member

Honestly I'd prefer that over changing the light colors. I think a green light would be a bit strange but a green hopper sounds nice.

@JoeMama I'm not saying your wrong but you could be less antagonist. Assuming it's true the guy is just trying to give us all a heads up. That said, I agree it seems strange and I'm hesitant to believe it...

JoeMama and MoltenTiger like this.
  18. manujoe

manujoe Well-Known Member

Delta3dstudios have entered the conversation over on reddit. This is one of their replies

mod note: edited to clarify quoted content

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    Vapor_Eyes, Hogni, kbrown5523 and 8 others like this.
  19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I love and respect Mike to death...but we differ here. I believe I am entitled to my opinions, positive or negative, of a company of which I am a customer without having to become their competitor.

Enough said....we will see what we will see and hopefully its all wonderful.

Vapor_Eyes, JCat, MonkeyTime and 7 others like this.
  20. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

While I thank you for the insight in the rest of the post, I might disagree here. They put out a product that promised to do a thing. If it doesn't do the thing, I'm not sure the logical extension is for the buyer to get over it or start another company to do the thing.

Because, others HAVE started companies that do the thing.

It is entirely appropriate for buyers to complain when the promise made them was broken. The main difference between if the broken promise was intentional, due to unforeseen events, or due to some act of God is to distinguish between fraud, breach of contract (promise) or nothing. While those who want to encourage innovation may just suck it up and wait to see, others may have just bought a vape with no intent to further an industry.

I think that's OK.

Since I think it might just be part of a learning curve, I'm still watching the thread to see if the day ever comes to pull the trigger as, when it works, the description is exactly what is wanted sometimes.

Vapor_Eyes, JCat, MoltenTiger and 4 others like this.
  21. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

Puffitup's stock is not from the updated batch, they only have the older versions. Also the grasshopper site is undergoing updates for anyone having trouble signing in.

Come on folks, reddit izzthataway ------->

"Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?"

Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  22. Cheesequake

Source?

23. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

JCat likes this.
  24. Cheesequake

Hard for me to believe Randy over at PIU would purposely start selling an old batch of hoppers that are very likely to give him and his customer support a ton of headaches. Especially with an upgrade being publicly announced prior.

25. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Agreed.

Sonicboom1991 and Cheesequake like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors