1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

You really can’t compare the Grasshopper to the Milaana other than being a portable and an On Demand vape. It’s apples and oranges. I have both units and they are very different. I like each portable for different reasons. Not the place to do a comparison so I won’t elaborate.

Received my GH case. I like the one I bought for $12 from Amazon better. It probably cost GH all of $5 to purchase. That was a long wait for some. I was expecting something a little bit better than that.

I’m glad it doesn’t have a Grasshopper on the case. Having it plain is better for stealth and it cost them less.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM
    ArthurJ, Hjalmark, Mr. Me2 and 5 others like this.
  2. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

What are you speaking about, the leather sleeve or the stainless one?

Sonicboom1991 and JCat like this.
  3. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I guess I'm not even gonna ask how long they even expect it to be.

4. SmokeyTheBeard

SmokeyTheBeard Active Member

They have had my Hopper since 12/4/17. On 12/15/17, I was told the new processes would be implemented that week. No change since then.

JJ420, MoltenTiger, Grepper and 6 others like this.
  5. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Why would they take a vaporizer? I didn't know vaporizers were illegal???

Stafros likes this.
  6. Shieldsab

Shieldsab Well-Known Member

I was cleaning my two front ends the other day, and while running hot water through them managed to splash the back end which was sitting nearby to pick out bigger blockages, as just shaking in hot ISO didn't seem to be dislodging some. I dried the back end as thoroughly as possible, let it sit for 36 hours by a fan and tried the hopper. Either I damaged it, it gave up in the week and a half I was dankrupt, or my battery finally gave out. Either way, I'm without a hopper so I initiated an RMA. And since my last battery has been doing 4 and 5 bowls per day for the last month and has been active for at least 6, I don't mind sending it in since I'm still waiting on my charger and three batteries I ordered beginning of December. Thankfully my Crafty, FW4 and VapCap are able to help me through, although I'll miss my hopper till it comes back.

MoltenTiger and Sonicboom1991 like this.
  7. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

In Iowa even paraphernalia is illegal and it was clear what the Firefly was for lol

JCat, MoltenTiger and Hogni like this.
  8. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

It is kind of funny that the single category of "Portable and On Demand" can have within it so many differences! *Apples and oranges... so similar yet so different.
    Why do I have the sudden urge to start speaking French?

:tup:

Yep, sounds about how I expect it to go. I'll survive with the other "mostly working" hopper, and my FW4. I'm glad I like apples and oranges*.

9. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

It’s a black leather sleeve. The clicker sticks out a bit.

I really like the Micro Shower WT from Vaporblunt with the GH. There are knock offs at DHgate. I bought mine on sale several years ago when I used the Pinnacle Pro.:ugh::rant:

10. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

i feel you 100% on that man, i have been driving with my weed for 20+ years now that it is Recreational legal some cops look for anything to write a pot ticket including having an open container even though it is in the trunk, like a friend of mine got last week, the cop said it had to be in a bag staoled shut, i doubt the charge will stick but yoyu never know

MoltenTiger, JCat and Cheesequake like this.
  11. Vapetrees

Vapetrees Vaped Out

I feel exactly the same way as you. The Milaana is better tasting but the hopper is still my go to for the ease of use.

ominosity and MoltenTiger like this.
  12. Gregori

Gregori CannaBoss

"Hopper Update 2018
    Hopper Labs Quick Update 1 - 2018

We are three-quarters of the way through a major overhaul to the service department.
    We're addressing problems many users have had that require substantial production changes. Reliability and performance upgrades are both coming!
    More processes have moved in-house for better quality control and a smoother production process.
    Stainless Cases and External chargers have been delayed due to the overhauls we have undertaken with the central Grasshopper unit. With a small staff, we have had to put all our resources where it matters most. They will ship Q1. Leather sleeves are in-stock and shipping.
    Hoppers will be coming out of warranty and new unit shipping by the end of the month. Nothing ships until we have our upgraded units ready implemented!

The Hopper is a made in the USA product and we are now doing even more of our work locally and in-house. Your Grasshopper is hand-assembled in Colorado and carries a lifetime warranty.For those of you with your device in service. You will be receiving upgraded internals as part of the standard lifetime warranty. We know this is taking longer than normal, but we do not feel it is beneficial to replace your units with older versions.
    Contact us anytime for order updates, service updates or estimated shipping times.

Stay tuned. It's going to be an exciting 2018!

Hopper Labs"

Saying that the case supposed to be shipped by décembre are late on jan 15th. That's so HL. Do they think we're stupid ?

13. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

Hey at least you got an email. Cheers for sharing

JCat likes this.
  14. ssrrosey

ssrrosey New Member

*checks calendar*
    So... you're saying wait for two More weeks

That said this would be great. I've been nervous about the company's immediate future with the delays.

Weirdly enough my SS combusted a couple days ago when sandwiching in a keif puck. Stranger still it's been fully functional for the days since, finger's crossed that continues and it was just a problem of the keif puck/pack

JCat and MoltenTiger like this.
  15. Hogni

When GHL says two weeks it's probably more than 2 months - as usual.
    Hope I'm wrong.

16. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Dont care about how long it takes as long as hopper labs stays afloat and services my unit

Admirable seeing company stick to its product and customer

Smart thing would be to sell and bail out

But seams like something is driving them, be that money or passion

Hopefully bit of both

GO TEAM HOPPER!

Ps. Haters going to hate

manujoe, TheWhisper, Kimber and 5 others like this.
  17. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

Luckily they said it a month ago, so they should be done within another 2 months.

It's annoying having to wait, but it's sounding promising. They say they're 3/4 through their overhaul which began a month ago, so another 2 weeks is hopefully all it takes for them to start shipping again. I expect it'll take them a couple of weeks to get to my unit, and another couple of weeks transit. So the earliest I'll have my hoppers again is the end of Feb/early March.
    As long as those updates hold up, that's what really matters.

18. Hogni

Time doesn't matter for me. I only hope they survive!

19. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

I must say, despite everything, I'm very hopeful; I do have a feeling the case/charger thing was a way to raise funds to bring stuff in-house, so they could finally bring there warranty issues under control, but if that's the "case" (lol ... pun intended), thanks to all those that contributed their money to the cause! Either that, or the timing of everything is just unbelievably coincidental ... anyways ... I do hope to be happy with the end result, and despite the apparent deception, it may well work out for the best for everyone (customers and HL alike).

Anyways ... this is just me hypothesizing out loud, so don't put any weight to it ... I do really hope Hopper Labs sticks around, and if this is what it takes, well, I would have for one bought a case or charger knowing I would wait many months for it if it meant my warranty issues would become reasonable ...!

20. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

I'm looking forward to seeing how the improvements in manufacturing improve the hoppers reliability.

My friends got one hopper in for RMA and I have 2x hoppers that are working but I suspect are below their potential so I suspect I'll be posting them off in a few months.

Here's hoping for good things while keeping expectations in check.

JCat, MoltenTiger and Hjalmark like this.
  21. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

Mine should arrive these days at the Hopper Labs. So the good news I'm hearing is that everything will be soo much better soon, the slightly, less good news being nobody knows how long this "soon" is going to take. King of timing that I am, I just bought two new batteries and a snug little glass piece to go with Hoppy. Well...

MoltenTiger and Hjalmark like this.
  22. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Even though I am a huge grasshopper-head and gurgle those hopper labs balls daily

I don't think these changes to production will guarantee error free hopper

Cant believe there is that much redesign they can do while still keeping the same form factor

Think we need a hopper that can literally be screwed apart into multiple pieces allowing us to clean oven and sensors our self

But I might be wrong because the one I got now been working for 2 months but it's on "over-drive"

I can't take it over 4,2 and 4,5-5 turns the avb black and overheats the unit constantly so I get blue/red at same time with heater shut off

Its nearly a milaano with its manual trigger

But on 4 it's like old 5 but battery lasts 2-4 bowls with huge clouds and very evenly roasted avb

Even using mine only dry with my wooden drip tip and pulling impressive clouds with very little discomfort expect just potency tickles :)

A lot of folks would probably send theirs in because it keeps overheating but I learned the quarks of this one and love it

4 for everything and 4,5 for bong and oils

manujoe, GreenHopper and MoltenTiger like this.
  23. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

From what they say my impression is that they're blaming the trouble on out-house processes. Which would sort of contradict their "mostly american made" claim.

Hjalmark likes this.
  24. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

I do no one component was made in New York state somewhere but i’ve been to the lab is actually down the street from me and i’ve seen the assembly happening right here in Boulder.

seaofgreens and Hjalmark like this.
  25. JJ420

JJ420 Starbucks, FlowerPot, and Heinekin.

^^Wow... Glass half full there huh? :\ :rolleyes:

I do fully predict that in 2018, MoltenTiger will go on to replace Sarah Huckabee Sanders as White House Press Secretary. :lol: :nod:

Pics or it didn't happen lol! Seriously though, could someone go to Hopper Labs and snap some quick cell phone pics? I'd imagine an operation with teams of engineers, an R&D department, etc. would be a pretty impressive, maybe even a world-class facility, no? :D :p

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 12:00 PM
    JCat likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors