Discontinued The Grasshopper

Baron23

@Baron23

- Nice kit!, where did you get those battery caps?

Thnx

Tiny88
Delta3dstudios.com

Run by @Ratchett, checkout all the other awesome stuff he makes to make vape life even better.

Yes, @Ratchett and Delta 3D. I'm a big fan of him and his company and have many of their products. I like Ratchett a lot....he participates in this board and our community and is always looking for accessory needs to fill for us.

He makes another sleeve...full length with three battery compartments....but I found it very hard to get on and off (cause its silicone and sticks to the battery sleeves) but I really like the caps you see above.

Check him out

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
All I have to say is this is the best portable vape ever, when working optimally, and reliably :tup:

:spliff:

Mines on its way back. Having not used it in months (maybe a year?) since it broke, it'll be fascinating to see what changes they've made. I'm done tho, its being passed on to a friend.

I sent one battery back to GHL. It was a first gen battery, I bought five when the hopper first came out. GHL have told me that my battery is bad and I need to update. I'm assuming all the ones I have, which were bought at the same time, are also bad.

Maybe thats been the root of my hoppers problems all along?

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Probably you'll be very excited by the new performance.

Its going to a friend who I will see regularly so yeah, I'm hoping it lasts and they get the joy out of it. If it impresses me, I'd then be tempted to buy myself another later down the line, but with my current line up of vapes, I'm very happy for the moment so time to pass unused vapes on to friends.

I've already had pangs of jealousy and thinking about keeping it when it comes back, but I've already earmarked the money for a new synthesizer instead.

The synth is winning my internal consumer battle :D

EDIT: Just checked. I last used the hopper over a year ago. May 2016 was my last replacement.

Last edited:

snaffle

I'm tempted to sell my Grasshopper. I got a VapCap recently and the GH hasn't seen much action since. So, anyone want to convince me to keep it? I'm in two minds about it. I do love it, and it has served me very well, but I'm not sure whether it can really do anything the vapcap can't, and I do like the simplicity of the vapcap.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
No! Do as you want to do. It's your decision. I'll Keep mine - my decision.

Why? My rmaed one is top in performance and super fast upheating. And there is no vape all around which is more stealthy while used in public than the GH. Enough reasons for me to keep it.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm tempted to sell my Grasshopper. I got a VapCap recently and the GH hasn't seen much action since. So, anyone want to convince me to keep it? I'm in two minds about it. I do love it, and it has served me very well, but I'm not sure whether it can really do anything the vapcap can't, and I do like the simplicity of the vapcap.

Yeah, that decision is on you :)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Agree with the others, it's mostly a decision for you.

What I will say is as someone who has to stay in hotels fairly frequently I tend to take my GH rather than my VC as although combusting in the VC is fairly unlikely now that I've got my technique down I still prefer to use my GH as setting off a hotel's fire alarm is something I don't want to worry about.

Also if you need to fly anywhere torch lighters are most likely going to become an issue as they are almost universally banned.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Agree with the others, it's mostly a decision for you.

What I will say is as someone who has to stay in hotels fairly frequently I tend to take my GH rather than my VC as although combusting in the VC is fairly unlikely now that I've got my technique down I still prefer to use my GH as setting off a hotel's fire alarm is something I don't want to worry about.

Also if you need to fly anywhere torch lighters are most likely going to become an issue as they are almost universally banned.

Yup, and the main reason mine is going to friend is that I still get to use it, borrow it, and more importantly, afford a synth I want. Thats a pretty specific to me reason :)

JoeMama

Greetings all...

I don't know who might remember, but a while ago there was a poster other than myself (not a lurker) who was mentioning this "double-click" oddity about the Hopper... First click on and it wasn't great performance, but click it off and then back on again and it worked great.

At the time I'd said I had the same issue but wasn't going to make waves about it....

Well, I finally did because I have other options if I'm down one Hopper for a while.

Lo and Behold, at first Hopper sent the usual "You're doing it wrong" kind of message, to which I replied imploring to check it out... So they did...

The result:

"You had a strange combination of internal component failures. The team is still working to determine what caused the malfunction. All the internal components of the Body were replaced and some Backend internals were updated."

So, I hope whomever it was that also had this issue sees this... perhaps I'm late to the game on this, but better late than never I guess!

POSTSCRIPT: Still wondering if anyone can tell me if and how the PFE screen can be removed for cleaning. :shrug:

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Greetings all...

I don't know who might remember, but a while ago there was a poster other than myself (not a lurker) who was mentioning this "double-click" oddity about the Hopper... First click on and it wasn't great performance, but click it off and then back on again and it worked great.

At the time I'd said I had the same issue but wasn't going to make waves about it....

Well, I finally did because I have other options if I'm down one Hopper for a while.

Lo and Behold, at first Hopper sent the usual "You're doing it wrong" kind of message, to which I replied with the imploring to check it out... So they did...

The result:

"You had a strange combination of internal component failures. The team is still working to determine what caused the malfunction. All the internal components of the Body were replaced and some Backend internals were updated."

So, I hope whomever it was that also had this issue sees this... perhaps I'm late to the game on this, but better late than never I guess!

POSTSCRIPT: Still wondering if anyone can tell me if and how the PFE screen can be removed for cleaning. :shrug:
I believe I read it was not remove able but that an ISO soak is usually good enough to get it clean.

grokit

well-worn member
Your hopper is convection, while the vapcaps are conduction.
Personally I can get in a bit of rut, if I just use one type of vaporizer, rather than both.

:sherlock:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Personally I can get in a bit of rut, if I just use one type of vaporizer, rather than both.

Yes, I agree... I like to change things up. I get bored using the same vape all the time. Also different vapes are more suited for different occasions. When I am at a party I like to bring my Fury, I am a little uncomfortable passing around one of my highend vapes, just in case it gets dropped. On the other hand, if I need to be super stealth I will bring my Omnivap.

@snaffle
-If the GH still gives you smoking pleasure and you don't need the $$, I would keep both of them. Also you have backup just in case you have a RMA.

Last edited:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
as a person that own both i can say i still have plenty of use for my GH over my VC (all of these are my opinion only and YMMV):
1) batteries are easier to carry than extra butane if your torch runs out. heck batteries are easier to carry than extra torches
2) GH is quicker and easier. click the top wait 5 5-8 seconds and draw. VC you need to fire up the torch, hold it at the correct angle, spin, spin, spin, and listen for a click then draw and wait for cool down click. again in my opinion... if i need to take a few quick tokes the GH is faster
3) Stealth the GH looks like a pen. the VC does not... it looks like a one hitter bat. yea it is unusual to be sucking on a pen, so if someone sees you your busted anyways. the GH though can go in my wifes purse and make it through concert security checks not sure if the VC will..... yet (will try it sometime)

now don't get me wrong... i still have uses for my VC over my GH as well, but wanted to give some of my reasons why i would not give up the grasshopper

Mr. Me2

Greetings all...

Lo and Behold, at first Hopper sent the usual "You're doing it wrong" kind of message, to which I replied imploring to check it out... So they did...

The result:

Happy to see you here, @JoeMama !

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Hit the GH earlier today before working out and put it away. Came back to it a few minutes ago and it went straight to blue :\. So, once again I take out the screen by the heater and find particles. I cleaned it put it back together and it's working again. I hope this doesn't start to happen more often because it would get really annoying taking out the screen constantly to get it to work.

MoltenTiger

Hit the GH earlier today before working out and put it away. Came back to it a few minutes ago and it went straight to blue :\. So, once again I take out the screen by the heater and find particles. I cleaned it put it back together and it's working again. I hope this doesn't start to happen more often because it would get really annoying taking out the screen constantly to get it to work.
Early models didn't have the screen, maybe you could just leave it out if it keeps trapping gunk?

MoltenTiger

I was thinking about doing just that. Hopefully I don't have to.
Yeah, see how you go with it but as long as you're careful poking around in the chamber, the screen doesn't do much other than offer a little extra protection.

I got shipping notification yesterday of my warranty return with some new batteries, I'm keen to have a working hopper again. My blue one is weak and taking a long time to heat up - I should have sent it in with the other unit. As it is it's basically useless, doesn't vape properly and is just wasting herb. Still does get me high, but it's not doing what it's supposed to.
I have been using a sublimator for the last couple of weeks, and that's definitely my go to for home usage now. The fact it makes dabs is reason enough, but it's super powerful.

I should have a VapCap M next Tuesday, and my replaced hopper soon after, which I think will be the perfect trifecta of vaporizers.

It's a real pity the GH isn't super durable as it nearly is the be all and end all though.

I think the Sub can easily outclass it in raw performance, but the simplicity of the pen and clicker is a brilliant trade off. Looking forward to testing out a proper working hopper again that's for sure

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Yeah, see how you go with it but as long as you're careful poking around in the chamber, the screen doesn't do much other than offer a little extra protection.

I got shipping notification yesterday of my warranty return with some new batteries, I'm keen to have a working hopper again. My blue one is weak and taking a long time to heat up - I should have sent it in with the other unit. As it is it's basically useless, doesn't vape properly and is just wasting herb. Still does get me high, but it's not doing what it's supposed to.
I have been using a sublimator for the last couple of weeks, and that's definitely my go to for home usage now. The fact it makes dabs is reason enough, but it's super powerful.

I should have a VapCap M next Tuesday, and my replaced hopper soon after, which I think will be the perfect trifecta of vaporizers.

It's a real pity the GH isn't super durable as it nearly is the be all and end all though.

I think the Sub can easily outclass it in raw performance, but the simplicity of the pen and clicker is a brilliant trade off. Looking forward to testing out a proper working hopper again that's for sure
I hope you get your GH and stop having issues with it. It's really great to have a working one. I am also getting an M soon we might receive it at the same time. It's suppose to ship out today.

Top Bottom