Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
My GH is still working after being brought back from the dead. If anyone is having the straight to blue hopper and has had it for a while, try looking under the screen in the heater since mine was gunked up after over a year of use and caused it to not heat up anymore. However, I'm about to go take some rips. Hope everyone else enjoys their GH. :peace:

@AJS I have tried that before with my newer GH's and it pops back to place.

Mr. Me2

I've had my SS GH for 2 months and I love it. Had a RMA where the batteries wouldn't charge and the indicator light just stayed red (no heat). Quick and painless return... glad to have backup vapes. The malfunction happened after only two weeks or so, but it's been in heavy rotation since its return. My daily driver for sure. I want another one, if only to charge batteries and to have a backup for possible RMA issues. The performance and design are amazing... and the lifetime warranty makes it a no-brainer. I use mine with the PFE almost exclusively through glass. Nice big clouds.
Do you have or use an external charger?

skyvaper

I'm not sure I've seen this bit of info out there but I thought I'd chime in on this. I'm a temp 5 lover. I always finish there as I want to get full extraction from my device. I did away with the silicone mp long ago as I wanted as much stealth as the unit provides. Well there are many times where I don't want to wait until the mp is cool enough for another long hit. So I discovered that if you rotate the mp one revolution around the tip of the tongue it instantly cools the hopper enough for the next hit. I have never burnt my tongue or anything close and it is quick, easy, and I dont need any tube, or session extender or all of the "cool" things I've seen folks come up with on here. Next time you want that next hit on 5 and It's too hot. Give your hopper a quick lick.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I'm not sure I've seen this bit of info out there but I thought I'd chime in on this. I'm a temp 5 lover. I always finish there as I want to get full extraction from my device. I did away with the silicone mp long ago as I wanted as much stealth as the unit provides. Well there are many times where I don't want to wait until the mp is cool enough for another long hit. So I discovered that if you rotate the mp one revolution around the tip of the tongue it instantly cools the hopper enough for the next hit. I have never burnt my tongue or anything close and it is quick, easy, and I dont need any tube, or session extender or all of the "cool" things I've seen folks come up with on here. Next time you want that next hit on 5 and It's too hot. Give your hopper a quick lick.
Lmao. Unless you're going to share with someone right?

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Well I thought about that and realised the the mass majority are still slobbering all over their disposable tools. Lol
That would be hilarious though, doing it right before passing it off to the next person then having to explain why you just did that. :lol: I haven't tried that before but it sounds like a good idea if I'm not sharing it. I usually just palm it for a few seconds and take another drag. The GH became my favorite vaporizer and it's bittersweet to say that because I see a lot of people's complain about their reliability with theirs. :tinfoil:

@AJS My purple Ti was one of the older ones from the preorder days so it doesn't really have a gap in the dial at all and I like it that way. I have a Bronze and SS that both have the gap, however I think it's better to not have the gap since it's harder for long to get trapped in there.

skyvaper

That would be hilarious though, doing it right before passing it off to the next person then having to explain why you just did that. :lol: I haven't tried that before but it sounds like a good idea if I'm not sharing it. I usually just palm it for a few seconds and take another drag. The GH became my favorite vaporizer and it's bittersweet to say that because I see a lot of people's complain about their reliability with theirs. :tinfoil:
My GH is a personal device native. Shared is with a WT via the pfe. I break out the mighty when it's time for multiple people or I let people use my SS while I enjoy my Ti.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
My GH is a personal device native. Shared is with a WT via the pfe. I break out the mighty when it's time for multiple people or I let people use my SS while I enjoy my Ti.
Same here. Just used my Mighty with some friends last night. It was loaded with pineapple moon rocks. Everyone I was with normally combusts. This time most of them quit the session before the session was over. Meanwhile, I was hitting my GH while waiting for the Mighty to go around lol. I guess you have the same problem as me except I have three GH's :lol:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Hmm.. Not sure what happened but the hopper, the tool I been using for a year, did it have a draw sensor that started the heater?, because after either rotating the temp dial for cleaning purpose OR trying to use the included charger my hopper heats up 2-3 sec faster and produces a bit darker avb

and I got no complaints

Also if it craps out I finally get that new heater I seen mentioned here, mine is blue with 3 holes and got it from Rma in November 2016

btka

Hmm.. Not sure what happened but the hopper, the tool I been using for a year, did it have a draw sensor that started the heater?, because after either rotating the temp dial for cleaning purpose OR trying to use the included charger my hopper heats up 2-3 sec faster and produces a bit darker avb

and I got no complaints

Also if it craps out I finally get that new heater I seen mentioned here, mine is blue with 3 holes and got it from Rma in November 2016

it seems like included charger does charge the batteries more/better... then an external charger... when I charge my batteries in an external charger and they are fully charged regarding to the charger and Input the battery in my gh and use the gh charger it is charging the batteries for a while until it shows me the batteries are fully charged (blue light) .. my abv also gets darker when charging batteries with hopper charger cable..

also twisting the temp dial does some vodoo sometimes and I get better perfomance and it also stops sometimes the blue light flickering...

scottyc22

Does/can anyone recommend a small, tight case for the hopper? Something like a glasses case that just fits the hopper and a battery or two.

Looking for a stealthy case, so it has to be close to the hoppers length.

scottyc22,

Baron23

Does/can anyone recommend a small, tight case for the hopper? Something like a glasses case that just fits the hopper and a battery or two.

Looking for a stealthy case, so it has to be close to the hoppers length.

Something like this? This is my kit. If so, go to Amazon and search for pen cases and you will find a number of items like this. As a matter of fact, I did it for you (LOL):

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ase&sprefix=pen+cas,aps,141&crid=NFRPFXRC5989

1vTvzoD.jpg

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Last edited:

Tiny88

Deluxe420

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Unit in for testing!

Hopefully it'll be back soon.

Someone posted about a new heater recently, is this true?
I been talking about it after seeing a post way back about some getting theirs back from service and the heater looked different

Mine is blue with 3 holes and from 2016-Nov

Edit: autocorrect does not wanna stay in the past

Last edited:
Top Bottom