Discontinued The Grasshopper

biohacker

Thanks so much bro, and I appreciate you having the intellect to read between the lines, and I know you read every post here.

We are completely opposite users....i was always through water, temp 5 only, and multiple loads per day as you know. I've suffered tremendous RMA's, you've had 1. Pretty easy to read between the lines here too.

Sounds like the GH is presently designed for light use only, and has an expiry date. And perhaps requires maintenance that is not user serviceable.

Looking forward to the next HL blog post!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just curious, what's your limit?
Not sure yet. You'll know if I get there! (like I've said previously, there are a lot of things this vape can do for me that others can't, which makes a difference with tolerance)

My limit can be extended considerably simply by the way I am treated by Hopper Labs support (and not asking for the moon, but perhaps some consideration depending on frequency of RMA ...). For example, I just have to re-RMA my SS Hopper, so I have to ship it again and I have to be without it for another 3 weeks. Not great. Given it operated ok 50% of the time at first (for ~1 day), but that would mean not much testing to not catch this, or just really, really bad luck as far as timing; either way it doesn't really matter, what matters is what is done now.

On another note but sort of associated, I ordered an extra Ti front-end that shipped w/ my SS RMA return. The threads are visibly damaged, and it can't be threaded onto either hopper at all. So this was not inspected by QA either. Caroline requested I send it back w/ my SS hopper re-RMA, which I have done, and then they will replace it. First of all, I shouldn't be liable to ship back a $30 part for $25 in shipping ... and they should really ship me a replacement immediately based on my current # of problems (maybe asking nicely for a picture of the damaged part); however, I just didn't feel like messaging back and forth any longer thus delaying the RMA, so have just left it at that. It's really no skin off my back to send it back with my Hopper and if they had asked nicely if they could instead send the replacement front-end back with my RMA to save on shipping I would have agreed anyway. (in other words, the outcome would be the same)

I will ask for the priority shipping option back (cost of >$40 USD instead of >$20USD) All things considered, I think it's a reasonable request. I've gotten about 1 week of use out of my SS hopper that was sent to me on Feb. 15th and I've had since Feb. 27th. (It has spent about a month in shipping out of that month and a half)

... so ... am I overall happy with my support experience? ... could be happier but I'm pretty patient and am willing to grant them some latitude for now ...

The phone # thing is annoying, but I think I understand. If they are a small support team, phone support would simply be unfeasible; it would likely take an additional person on staff just for that.

Mr. Me2

Thanks so much bro, and I appreciate you having the intellect to read between the lines, and I know you read every post here.

We are completely opposite users....i was always through water, temp 5 only, and multiple loads per day as you know. I've suffered tremendous RMA's, you've had 1. Pretty easy to read between the lines here too.

Sounds like the GH is presently designed for light use only, and has an expiry date. And perhaps requires maintenance that is not user serviceable.

Looking forward to the next HL blog post!
Maintenance raises an interesting point. Earlier on, so many here tried and suggested varying cleaning regimes. Just look at the troubleshooting thread!

I tried a bunch, but have fallen into a routine. I use an external charger, but pretty much leave my backend threads alone. After each load, I use my mini poke and scoop (thanks to @Ratchett!) to empty and "clean" the oven. Then I use it to scrape clean the mouthpiece screen. I only give the mouthpiece an ISO soak every few weeks or so. I tend to wait until the draw seems more restricted and the mouthpiece threads feel gritty. When I do that, I also give the oven an ISO swab with a q-tip (inverted gh, of course).

You completely missed the fucking point.

Completely agree. I don't get it either, except for the fucking shills.

Isn't it hilarious watching the fucking evolution?

We are all entitled to our opinions, however I would disagree that generally most users are very happy. Maybe when/if they work. Have you read @JCat posts lately as an unbiased member? But I do agree with you on the consistency. I read something on Reddit a long while back that is still in the back of my mind, and agree....they all fucking seem to work differently!

Because it's a fucking pain in the ass paying for shipping (especially international, but yeah I know not HL fault) when there is a very good chance your replacement/repaired GL will either be flaky or break imminently. Yeah, I guess if you're rich...and have the patience of a god. I mean, how many RMA's can one stand before taking a stand? Aren't there lemon laws for this kind of shit? And way to fucking frustrate a consumer by not providing a fucking phone number? WTF is that? Real professional.

:rofl:You just made my day bro! Thanks! I disagree with your first statement, but your other statement I do believe is FACT! lol

LMAO! The cliques in this thread are hilarious.....just follow the "likes"......sheeple.

You're lucky. Give it time and you may have two down at the same time....I had, what 4 down at once?

Well then you have to get a supreme now! You want consistency? A hit that makes the GH look like a toy?

@CL52613 I just read your post again, and I still can't figure it out either...:hmm:
I get the point man. Not the same one as you though. Thankfully.

MoltenTiger

You're lucky. Give it time and you may have two down at the same time....I had, what 4 down at once?
I am not lucky haha, I represent the most unlucky part of the 4 hoppers I'm responsible for.
And a very standard GH experience, from everything I've read, which is a literal fuck tonne on the subject. My eyes are above 20/20, cheers.
I'm a tiny bit unlucky, you sir, got shit on by statistics and bailed without fixing the issues.
I appreciate that that's super annoying, but it's certainly relatively abnormal and shouldn't be portrayed as if everyone is experiencing it and should be as angry about it as you.
It also doesn't mean that using the device through water is bad, hence the PFE formally WPA and an accessory considered from indiegogo days aka the foundation of the device as we know it..

Last edited:

btka

my pfe arrived in the uk last night(30th) after ordering it on the 21st, was dispatched on the 27th(said immediate dispatch on the order page) it now says in transit by post office if that helps

don t know I ordered on the 20th and the fu**ing ups tracking says: : shipment information received by ups mail innovation.and package status: order processed ready for ups (27th). nothing changed since then.. could you maybe tell me how long it took after your shippment progress (ups tracking) changed from shipment information received by ups mail innovation to something else and do you track it here: https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_us or some where else. thank you

btka,

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
It changed from shipping information received to handed to the post office for delivery on the 28th not impressed with ups inovations at all ,even less impressed by hopper labs taking seven days to even get it out the door, my wait continues...... .

diddymao,
Reactions: btka

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I guess my initial feel about this vaporizer is flavor and very easy to use. Ive noticed it does good job of extracting from my cannabis. The ABV is evenly toasted to a dark brown. I've been reading up on this unit for almost 2 years. I see how finicky this unit is. Curious if folks had any issues right after cleaning like with ISO?

The reason I like this place (FC) is because the people are nice and respectful. This thread has an angry vibe to it. If you don't like this vaporizer you are intitled to your opinion. State the case and move on. Folks buy this unit even though they realize it's a gamble. A lifetime warranty helps. The shipping back and forth is too bad. Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head to buy this vaporizer. People do it of their own free will.

It's a fun vaporizer to use. I do expect issues at some point. I will see what happens.

biohacker

you sir, got shit on by statistics and bailed without fixing the issues.
I appreciate that that's super annoying, but it's certainly relatively abnormal and shouldn't be portrayed as if everyone is experiencing it and should be as angry about it as you.

You think I bailed without fixing the issues? I've been here from the start? Preorder backer? I've had alot more than just my recent 4 hoppers. And yeah, DOA as have friends, and ofcourse DOA from RMA as well. This is not my first trip around the block, but my third. What else am I to do? Keep living in denial and hopefully one day I will have a GH that will actually work?

You seem to have this disagreement with a lot of people, like daily. Maybe there's something to that?

I disagree :D There is also a reason my posts get likes. People can very easily see through the BS. It appears that there is some sort of shill aura in the air, and it's by a few core in the group that don't appreciate my posts, for telling it like it is (my experiences). As sorry as I am to hear that you will be ignoring my posts, all the best! You know I love you man! ;) Broment? :ugh:

As for the negative posts on shipping from international customers, nothing but respect for @JCat for taking the time to EXPLAIN it all!

This forum is a resource for sharing but the GOOD and the BAD.....i've probably sang more good than bad if you actually read all of my posts!

If you don't like my posts, that's fine...if i'm breaking any rules, then report me like you discussed the other day.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Who's mocking who? :hmm:

LMAO! The cliques in this thread are hilarious.....just follow the "likes"......sheeple.
I wasn't going to answer your ironic question, but, Baaaaaaaaah!

We are all entitled to our fucking opinions, however I would disagree that generally most fucking users are very happy.
You seem to have this disagreement with a lot of people, like daily. Maybe there's something to that?

My point is I'd rather hear about ways to Hop better than hear your reasons why I shouldn't have a Grasshopper. So, even while I mostly value your input, I'm going to 'Ignore' button you for a short while, even though that makes for a bit of a confusing time sorting posts. buh-bye.

A lot of negative posts lately are as much to do with international shipping frustrations than about vape experiences. Maybe those s/b in the shipping thread?

MoltenTiger

Keep living in denial and hopefully one day I will have a GH that will actually work?
denial of what?

being pained in the ass by shipping fees?

I must just not be able to kill a hopper as quickly as to get so riled up about petty cash for a fucking drug dispenser that demands hefty expenditure innately, every body I have had has lasted long enough for me to justify fixing it. As long as HL are open I'll be sending mine in. It's not difficult, it's hardly often, but sure call it outrageous, you tell me what isn't. Where are the alternatives? How much do they cost? What's their warranty?

It's abundantly clear that hopper users tend to use warranty, we are all okay with it, or else we wouldn't be hopper users... And I still feel like your sample pool is just of broken hoppers which could all be fixed easily all for less than 20 bucks each, but it's okay to not want to. Just use something else. I got 4, 2 are perfect, 2 have been ample and enjoyed entirely. I use mine daily through water, I expect to have a higher service cost than my friends who do the same but way less often, their service cost has been nothing, so far. And they are happy with that, of course, who wouldn't be, 8 months of painless vaping... And I am still stoked with my hoppers, even though I'm sending them back for a service imminently.

You could live in hope to one day get a 'working hopper' but surely you've had this, you get it. But when was the last time you had beach bongs, mountain bongs and forest bongs all in a span of 3 hours? I can do that at the drop of a hat, is it worth the service fees to avoid the combustion tax? It is to me.
If I was happy to be attached to the wall or at least severely limit portability I'd probably get the Sublimator and Sup3, but when I have 2 working hoppers I have no need for that, and most of the time, I do. And when I only have one working hopper, it's beyond ample. When I have none, I have options and 2 spare hoppers I can visit. Easy done, wasn't cheap but isn't expensive. Simply satisfying

Mr Mellish

Thanks @biohacker! I almost included a mention of you (with an addition of love) in my post, because you came to mind as I was writing it. I know you SO want to love this thing. And boy did you give it a shot! I really wish you got one gem for all your efforts.

Although mine gets daily use, it's usually limited to one load. And I may be easier on mine than others. Never through water and I rarely change the temp (usually at 3).

You may have nailed it, @Mr. Me2. I also got my SS and Ti last June and have not returned one yet. Like you, I tend to only process one chamber/night/GH. Additionally, I use it dry and have no opportunity to try to milk the living shit out of the thing with water.

In terms of reliability, with that same usage pattern:
- The Pinnacle Pro was my second vape (after the ubiquitous Magic Flight). It was a disaster but luckily did not turn me off vaping.
- I'm about to return my second Crafty (this one a brand new warranty replacement with only 7 hours on it).
- The ESV was cool until the coil started getting out of whack and I realized I suck at adjusting it. When Joe suggested I wait for the ESV2, rather than send mine in, I was completely turned off.

As I've said, I should probably return my SS for the heat issue but it's working and I'll admit that I don't want to shit the bed with a less reliable new one. But, my overall experience with the GH has been better than those listed above.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
@biohacker @Mr. Gweilo 420 etc.

There's no denying how how frustrating it is when issues arise with a vape. As the length of this thread shows, this vape has a long history and it has been no stranger to controversy. I get the frustration.

Please do me a favor and take a step back. Even if you can't see things from the other side please remember that things are better when people help each other out.

If you're pissed off please take a breather before you type a post. We all have a lot in common so please try to show a bit more sympathy towards each other. Name calling isn't helping anyone and it's against the rules so knock that off, too.

Thank you!

lazylathe

Almost there...
back to the hopper orgy anyone? .........

Gotta get a test run in first, M'Kay? :rofl:
FHgx5pI.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So I have decided my current GHB1 (8 month old) battery is finally to decrepit to produce a good hit.

I'm going to chuck it in the recycling battery box thingy at my local supermarket.

I have a few GHB1's I bought 8 months ago that I've been periodically charging and discharging to keep them healthy, I put one of those in my hopper and immediately got that T5 Hopper signature back.

I also have a few GHB2's along with the PFE winging their way to me, not had a chance to try the GHB2's yet so that will be interesting.

Still loving my hopper...:peace:

biohacker

@vtac thank you. It is so nice having you back. I can see that the change of staff has actually been a positive, typically there would have been a big red wall of text with condescending tone and warning points, but you said all that SO nice and politely, with class. I hope it rubs off on me, and some others.

denial of what?

being pained in the ass by shipping fees?

That I will actually get a hopper that will work properly, and not only with light use, for at least several months at a time. And when I say work properly, I mean properly and consistently. You asked, my confidence just isn't there based on ALL my experiences, both old and new.

I must just not be able to kill a hopper as quickly as to get so riled up about petty cash for a fucking drug dispenser that demands hefty expenditure innately, every body I have had has lasted long enough for me to justify fixing it. As long as HL are open I'll be sending mine in. It's not difficult, it's hardly often, but sure call it outrageous, you tell me what isn't. Where are the alternatives? How much do they cost? What's their warranty?

It might be petty cash to you, but the international shipping starts to add up when it's one RMA after another. Oh, and i'm not even including the titanium that I sold to @JCat a little while back. That should have been MY RMA. Sorry bro! Both that titanium and another SS just came back from RMA. I guess it must be those shipping goblins. But what's another $50 to lose your devices for another month when you've just been without them for a month. And potentially (probably) another...

It's abundantly clear that hopper users tend to use warranty, we are all okay with it, or else we wouldn't be hopper users... And I still feel like your sample pool is just of broken hoppers which could all be fixed easily all for less than 20 bucks each, but it's okay to not want to.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I didn't want to fix my GH's? Huh? They all ended up in RMA (again), so I had enough and sold them all. One needed an almost immediate RMA (after a week), that was @JCat. Time will tell for the others.

I use mine daily through water, I expect to have a higher service cost than my friends who do the same but way less often, their service cost has been nothing, so far.

Interesting, I wish that HL would put some sort of disclaimer then, because i'm really starting to see a correlation between usage and RMA here. Ofcourse, that doesn't justify all the DOA's that had zero use.

And I am still stoked with my hoppers, even though I'm sending them back for a service imminently.

I used to feel the same buddy!

But when was the last time you had beach bongs, mountain bongs and forest bongs all in a span of 3 hours?

Small torch and an extra 40 seconds will blow away a GH. No need for stealth when you're huffing on a bong anyway?

You may have nailed it, @Mr. Me2. I also got my SS and Ti last June and have not returned one yet. Like you, I tend to only process one chamber/night/GH. Additionally, I use it dry and have no opportunity to try to milk the living shit out of the thing with water.

Interesting..... 2 members with no or 1 RMA, that use one chamber and no water. And then there is me, multiple chamber, high temp, and bong use only.

I get it now, and realize why this vape is for some and not others.

@Bass Vaper How you been with yours?

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@biohacker

Love ya dude, and always respect your opinions, but gotta disagree a bit about how hard usage changes things. My average sized stash jars are the big half gallon sized ones, ya know what I mean?

Pri4uyv.jpg

Vape bonging at temp 5 all day long sometimes, depending on the mood... the sv3 is also always calling, but I got enough love for all my vapes to go around.

Definitely not looking forward to them possibly "fixing" my hopper to where it needs to be consta fixed, and definitely would have the same opinion if I went through your experience. But... I ain't a shill, and for now I still love the hopper, and mainly use her at max temp through water ever since I broke a couple microbubblers i enjoyed the GH dry and on the go with.

Still find the flavor native to be way too harsh than if just a tiny glass separator is added. Don't see how people enjoy it straight lip to mouthpiece imo and unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom