Discontinued The Grasshopper

btka

is ups innovation really faster then usps especially regarding shippings abroad... I was satisfied with usps was fast 3 to 5 days only customs took for ever but that was not usps fault... why is HL now using ups...

and are there different options regarding ups innovations or is ups innovations priority the standard shipping option...

btka,
Reactions: diddymao

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
ups innovations sucks ass!!!! im in the uk and still waiting on my pfe , was ordered on the 21st
emailed caroline and she told me to chase it up, i told her to chase it up as she sent it grrrrr
im waiting for a reply

diddymao,
Reactions: btka

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
If I didn't have back-up options and wasn't going to spend an amount on one product instead of these two finicky hoppers, I couldn't justify getting them, but that wasn't the case. I find my time without the GH frustrating, but only because I've been enlightened to a different lifestyle with it, one that I can't see how I could replicate with any other product. Owning the GH has fundamentally changed how I view vaping and how I view cannabis, it's caused me to smoke a lot less and get a lot higher in some extremely remote areas. And I enjoy cannabis more than ever. Hoppering has surpassed my satisfaction for nicotine infused bong hits,

Exactly. The grasshoppper was the first vape that I actually used long enough to break it. Well that's not exactly true, It is the first vape I used after the novelty off and the first vape to make me a "Vaporist". My primary consumption method pre-grasshopper was smoking, bong, joint, DEFINITELY spliffs, and that was two years into owning a pax and a firefly.

I will also say, of all my vapes, the ONLY vape friends who smoke have ever been like "oh shit" or "fuck i'm high" or "I've got to get one of these" followed by them actually doing it is the grasshoppper. A friend came over and was talking about how she hates hanging with her client because she always wants to pax and she said I guess I'll just sit here and not get high, same girl then took a huge rip of my grasshopper with a bong and was like yeah the pax and vaping is bullshit but this is cool.

From my experience with other vapes, I could see why someone who prefers the pax may not even like the grasshopper, it's truly a unique experience and one that I prefer and I think many GH owners end up with this conclusion.

I found the OG pax and firefly novel, and I'd use the occasionally and when they did break, I would take my time about warranty because who cares, I didn't "need" them.

The grasshopper became my favorite and preferred method of consuming almost right away. And perhaps is not quite to say i've become a vaporist, certainly, the grasshopper has made me or interested in vaping, and I've since gotten serious bouts of VAS resulting in a mivape, vivape2, firefly 2, pax2 Elo, and Davinci IQ that I can remember buying, let alone all the products I get to try as I work in the industry. I even tried e-cigs for tobaco.

It turns out i'm more of a "hopper" than a vaporist, I never got into e-cigs though I smoke less cigs than I used too because I'd rather hit the grasshopper then I forget about it. The other vapes I've bought and tried, i've enjoyed, some more than others and I quite like the IQ for vaping spliffs but for cannabis only and for 99% of the time I'm consuming it, the grasshopper is my go to.

Let me try to understand. The GH is so great you need to buy 2, and ideally 3 so you will have one to use when you have to send the others in for their monthly or bi-monthly RMA. They get so hot you need a silicone condom to save your lips from being vaped or a glass bubbler while using the GH as the heat source. So for around $200.00 you get an undependable vaporizer that looks like a thick ballpoint pen, gets hot when vaping, has sketchy operation, constant need to be repaired, and unreliable availablity. And this is great why?

You don't need 2 but you'll want 2, see above.
You don't need the silicone, some people do, I NEVER use it
You don't need a bubbler but why not. I almost always use mine native but i appreciate the versatility
It doesn't look like a thick pen, it looks like a fucking pen.

And it's great because, although every single vape i've owned except for the vivape2 has had QC issues, and most of those vapes are hardly ever used. I hadn't used my firefly2 for a few months and got some concentrates, I can't even describe how it's not working, I had half a mind to just throw it in the garbage till I remember it cost almost as much as 2 grasshoppers. I'lll warranty it and sell it at some point but I'm very off the Firefly train .... sorry tangent

on my SS, from red to blue, cold to hot, the very first time, heating time is always around 6-12 seconds (more if really cold, like outside winter cold), then from warm to hot 4-7 seconds
on my Ti, between 6' and 10' the first time, then 2'-5'

You?

All that fanboy stuff said above, I would say you have a problem, anything longer than 5 seconds unless it's like temp 5 and a very weak battery is indication of a problem. The problem could just be the battery but heads up that warm up time is waaay too long

Last edited:

biohacker

It doesn't look like a thick pen, it looks like a fucking pen.

Seriously? Everyone has their own opinion, and you disrespecting that member wrecks the vibe of our broment, so common man! Yeah, it's stealthy...we all get it, but it also does have weird holes in it and yeah it is thick, so relax.

Can I use your pen? Sorry it doesn't work.

MoltenTiger

Let me try to understand. The GH is so great you need to buy 2, and ideally 3 so you will have one to use when you have to send the others in for their monthly or bi-monthly RMA. They get so hot you need a silicone condom to save your lips from being vaped or a glass bubbler while using the GH as the heat source. So for around $200.00 you get an undependable vaporizer that looks like a thick ballpoint pen, gets hot when vaping, has sketchy operation, constant need to be repaired, and unreliable availablity. And this is great why?

you don't need to buy anything. But if you can, it might make some sense to own one, or more. Or it might make total sense to avoid the product.

It's actually very unlikely to have two broken hoppers at the same time though, the only reason I ever have and would expect to have again is by keeping one out of action for 2 months.
During that time it could have been repaired.
Plus my other one still works, I used it today, it just takes a long time to heat up, and so I want it serviced/cleaned and figured I may as well send it back with the other one. If I lived in America, I would have already have completed the RMA and would have two hoppers and two PFEs..

My faults have averaged 4 month spans (and about 4 oz's of herb) and have been quick and easy enough to deal with. I went to a service station today and it cost me 80 bucks, I got fuel and a pretty average beef and bacon roll. I have to do that kind of bullshit properly bi-monthly and it's a lot more often and a lot more annoying and costly. I find it easy to justify servicing the hopper, it's not like I can do it myself and I still want to use it. It's a considered cost of ownership, and it's cheap as chips. Or at least a stick of weed for those of us toking it up on distant continents.

They can be used directly no worries, it's just not the most graceful vaping experience, but it works very well.
I would choose to vape through water, and do, for any vape (like right now for example). And so, it's a matter of preference that I use the GH with glass, and it is not a myth that it is way better than many vapes, really at top tier performance and super portable. And it's not a myth that for direct use it has a particular experience that is dissimilar to most vaping options, but it's great. Just different.

Up to the consumer, but if you fit the cloud chasing, heavy hitter club it's a good bet.

For $200 you get a pen that vapes perfectly but not consistently. It's not a $200 vape in the typical sense, but a $200 extraction tool.
It's definitely worth it until something else hits the market, but it definitely isn't for everyone

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Seriously? Everyone has their own opinion, and you disrespecting that member wrecks the vibe of our broment, so common man! Yeah, it's stealthy...we all get it, but it also does have weird holes in it and yeah it is thick, so relax.

So it's your opinion that it does look like a "thick pen"? If so great, MY OPINION IS that it looks like a fucking pen, I would accept celibate pen, pen with holes in it, pen with lights, light pen Ti, HEAVY PEN ss, HIPPY PEN all but particularly heat treated. So @biohacker let's leave it there okay? I really don't want to spend a day defending my opinions against your insulations of disrespect, it's frankly disrespectful. A person can have any opinion on what they think it looks like, my opinion is a fucking pen.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@CL52613
I use my same single hopper so often my batteries have basically worn all lettering off from swapping. No RMA yet...

I'm almost waiting for some sort of problem to finally surface, so that I can get it fixed, add new batteries and the new front end all at the same time. But... starting to think my batteries will die long before I ever need to RMA the device. Who knows!

Point being, lots of these GH devices are perfectly reliable imo, and you don't hear about them here because it is rare for folks like me to come on and say their device is still working as advertised... Yet it is for me, and I am quite sure, many others. Just putting it out there.

biohacker

@slcbdco This has nothing to do with my opinion. This has to do with a member saying he thinks it looks like a thick pen (which it does), and you say NO, it looks like a FUCKING pen. You sound like a child, saying no you're opinion is wrong! There are ways to disagree, and state your opinion without offending. Anyways, i'm moving on, broment ruined. :lol:

I swear if it wasn't for a few core posters here this thread would be dead.

Last edited:

btka

it is stupid but I have heard people put their gh in the washing machine, dropped it several times on the ground ... also I have seen videos where vape comes out of the air holes because of blowing i(back draw) in the gh
claimed he is doing this with his gh since he got it and it is 6 months old and nhe never needed a rma) and it works perfectly maybe babying it to much is the reason for it to break... for example cleaning it to much... maybe debriss gets behind the heater screen from to much cleaning do not know...

but i like this vape so much that I will baby it and maybe my love will kill it again who knows do not hope soand I also do not advise to misstreat your hoppers... was only wondering...

Last edited:

btka

That may have been me @btka I had a bad habit of I guess slightly exhaling when I put my lips on the water tool, and that caused vapour puffs out the holes. It worked for a very long time 6+ months before it went straight to blue ;)
edited my post above and attached the video... do not think it is you.. BTW did you babyed your ghs after your first rma...

MoltenTiger

For the record, I never babied my hoppers. I looked after them best I could figure out how, but I think there's no point in being too careful with these things. They'll work if they want to.

hehe, I was going to link that video btka :p
But there's a new vid too, lets watch it!

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on the drag technique, personally I prefer to milk it up proper, get the density maxed out. But I can see how there could be benefit to rapid repetitive exposure. I've never figured out which ones better as both hit hard haha

btka

For the record, I never babied my hoppers. I looked after them best I could figure out how, but I think there's no point in being too careful with these things. They'll work if they want to.

hehe, I was going to link that video btka :p
But there's a new vid too, lets watch it!

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on the drag technique, personally I prefer to milk it up proper, get the density maxed out. But I can see how there could be benefit to rapid repetitive exposure. I've never figured out which ones better as both hit hard haha

thank you for posting.... seems like he likes the new pfe much more the the old front end as he is,snipping the old away at the end of the,video...

yes interessting drag technique altough i saw this technique earlier used by if I am not wrong @biohacker

also I wanted to add regarding the shippings we are living in a fast world (do not know if tihs is good or bad) but I am grown up and living in this fast world nobody have the nerve to wait today... also I have to act quick and fast in this world or I will not survive in it... so I (we) expect others are also as fast... and it frustrates and stresses us if other are not fast...

biohacker

BTW did you babyed your ghs after your first rma...

I never baby anything! The entire point of me demo'ing and testing a device is to not kill it or torture test it, but use it as intended, but without holding back. If it can't take what i'm going to use it for then it's not for me, which is why I ended up selling all of them after the most recent RMA's.

I can't be twisting the clicker, moving the dial, taking the backend off and on everytime I needed a GOOD hit. And that's exactly what was happening. I need CONSISTENCY, and these batteries throw in another variable altogether.

This vape is great, but in my experience it's the most inconsistent performing vape and least reliable I have ever owned in a decade.

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
So it's your opinion that it does look like a "thick pen"? If so great, MY OPINION IS that it looks like a fucking pen, I would accept celibate pen, pen with holes in it, pen with lights, light pen Ti, HEAVY PEN ss, HIPPY PEN all but particularly heat treated. So @biohacker let's leave it there okay? I really don't want to spend a day defending my opinions against your insulations of disrespect, it's frankly disrespectful. A person can have any opinion on what they think it looks like, my opinion is a fucking pen.
really any need to swear ?

diddymao,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
uh, he's allowed to use that word here, and he's only referring to a fucking vaporizer.
I saw nothing personal toward anyone in his comments and my suggestion is that we stop policing each other; we have great mods for that purpose and we can use the 'report' button if necessary. Or the 'ignore' feature as @biohacker has suggested.
Fwiw and respectfully @diddymao , my request about your avatar was only in response to your question. If I had had a bigger problem with it I would have referred it to a mod. Your new one is pretty sporty!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

@slcbdco This has nothing to do with my opinion. This has to do with a member saying he thinks it looks like a thick pen (which it does), and you say NO, it looks like a FUCKING pen. You sound like a child, saying no you're opinion is wrong! There are ways to disagree, and state your opinion without offending. Anyways, i'm moving on, broment ruined. :lol:

I swear if it wasn't for a few core posters here this thread would be dead.
Guys... let's agree to disagree here and move on, yeah? Remember to be nice to each other... :nod:

Top Bottom