Discontinued The Grasshopper

abcd5432

Seriously? Everyone has their own opinion, and you disrespecting that member wrecks the vibe of our broment, so common man! Yeah, it's stealthy...we all get it, but it also does have weird holes in it and yeah it is thick, so relax.

Can I use your pen? Sorry it doesn't work.

Uh it does work... After they use this pen what other pen will they need? Lol
Will they even remember they needed a pen?

steviekool

This may be a stupid question, but is the PFE strictly for water pipe use? I mean can it be a direct replacement to hit from the hopper itself like the normal front end?

I'm guessing no, because I would think there is no resistance at all when your pulling.

steviekool,

btka

This may be a stupid question, but is the PFE strictly for water pipe use? I mean can it be a direct replacement to hit from the hopper itself like the normal front end?

I'm guessing no, because I would think there is no resistance at all when your pulling.

yes you can use it as a direct replacement for your normal front end ... that is why HL changed the name from WTA to PFE... it is intended to replace your normal front end that is also why it is called performance front end and not WTA (Water Pipe Adapter)...

but as far as i did not receive my pfe I can not tell you how good it is as an normal front end repalcement maybe other member who already received their pfe can...

but you could find this info also on HL s website:
"
Product Description
The Performance Front-end (PFE) is an upgraded mouthpiece for your Grasshopper, reducing draw resistance by 80% and adding water pipe compatibility. The PFE allows for a wider range of draw speeds, increases vapor delivery, and eliminates mouthpiece heating during long sessions. In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use, a 10 to 1 taper provides a perfect seal against your existing glass. Natively designed to fit into a 14mm downstem, the PFE allows you to experience a new level of performance and vapor production."

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/performance-front-end/

Last edited:

steviekool

yes you can use it as a direct replacement for your normal front end ... that is why HL changed the name from WTA to PFE... it is intended to replace your normal front end that is also why it is called performance front end and not WTA (Water Pipe Adapter)...

but as far as i did not receive my pfe I can not tell you how good it is as an normal front end repalcement maybe other member who already received their pfe can...

but you could find this info also on HL s website:
"
Product Description
The Performance Front-end (PFE) is an upgraded mouthpiece for your Grasshopper, reducing draw resistance by 80% and adding water pipe compatibility. The PFE allows for a wider range of draw speeds, increases vapor delivery, and eliminates mouthpiece heating during long sessions. In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use, a 10 to 1 taper provides a perfect seal against your existing glass. Natively designed to fit into a 14mm downstem, the PFE allows you to experience a new level of performance and vapor production."

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/performance-front-end/

Thanks for the response. I read all that info also. I guess like you said, hopefully someone will chime in that has actually used it like that one of these days, since it's all new and people may not have got them yet, or very few have.

CL52613

Sorry to create such static. I just wanted to know why people were so high, pardon the pun, on this vaporizer. I was very interested when first hearing about the vaporizer, and I am grateful for this thread because it saved me money and aggravation. Why are we marijuana consumers so passive in demanding the products we use be affordable and reliable. What other group of consumers would rave about products that are so expensive and unreliable? Until we get our shit together as consumers, this industry will continue to treat us like we "don't know shit from shinola". Sorry if this is broment killer.

thank you for posting.... seems like he likes the new pfe much more the the old front end as he is,snipping the old away at the end of the,video...

yes interessting drag technique altough i saw this technique earlier used by if I am not wrong @biohacker

also I wanted to add regarding the shippings we are living in a fast world (do not know if tihs is good or bad) but I am grown up and living in this fast world nobody have the nerve to wait today... also I have to act quick and fast in this world or I will not survive in it... so I (we) expect others are also as fast... and it frustrates and stresses us if other are not fast...

Sorry to create such static. I just wanted to know why people were so high, pardon the pun, on this vaporizer. I was very interested when first hearing about the vaporizer, and I am grateful for this thread because it saved me money and aggravation. Why are we marijuana consumers so passive in demanding the products we use be affordable and reliable. What other group of consumers would rave about products that are so expensive and unreliable? Until we get our shit together as consumers, this industry will continue to treat us like we "don't know shit from shinola". Sorry if this is broment killer.

Cause this f...ing vaporizer is amazing.

duff

Well worn
I got my Hopper back last week from RMA and she is underperforming since her return.

Taste is good, but rips on the bong used to get pretty thick. Now I can barely see it.

Dial is crunchy now. Pushing on the back end while twisting smooths the dial a bit.

I'll keep plugging away at it. I was excited to try the wpa... i know, I know, it's not a wpa.

I think @biohacker mentioned the longevity of some folks on this thread and I agree. Awesome.

I'm very glad your hoppers have served you well.

And would you lazy jerks get off your asses and post some vids of the new adapter in action!

MonkeyTime

I got my Hopper back last week from RMA and she is underperforming since her return.

Taste is good, but rips on the bong used to get pretty thick. Now I can barely see it.

Dial is crunchy now. Pushing on the back end while twisting smooths the dial a bit.

I'll keep plugging away at it. I was excited to try the wpa... i know, I know, it's not a wpa.

I think @biohacker mentioned the longevity of some folks on this thread and I agree. Awesome.

I'm very glad your hoppers have served you well.

And would you lazy jerks get off your asses and post some vids of the new adapter in action!
It's crude, but I got a short, one hit video. I've searched, but it wasn't until the second bowl that I got the video, and I can't find it.....how do I post a video?

MoltenTiger

Sorry to create such static. I just wanted to know why people were so high
No need to be sorry at all, you had valid statements to make, and the responses might re-calibrate your opinion.
This vape is amazing, but it is finicky. @biohacker found it too much so, and reasonably so. No one is having the same experience with this thing, it is not consistent enough - but, generally most users are very happy. Plus, if you have other vapes, I don't see how it failing is even an issue (apart from its tendency to be the vape preference in a collection [obviously varies per person/location/collection]).
We do have a bias in this thread, as any thread here does, but as with the other threads - honesty is paramount. I think it is an inaccurate extrapolation to assume this device will fail so often as to be useless, but it is fair to say that it does fail more often than other vapes. But it's so dissimilar to every other option, that it definitely has its purpose and enjoyable usability.
Why are we marijuana consumers so passive in demanding the products we use be affordable and reliable. What other group of consumers would rave about products that are so expensive and unreliable?
Have you read HLs social media accounts, they have a polar fan base, but one side definitely overall has the louder voice (hence your (and commonly others) monthly/bi-monthly RMA assumption).
As I've said, I own two hoppers, they have needed warranty multiple times each, but by having two (which cost me less than a Mighty which was my alternate portable plan at the time) I can easily get by, always with one working (unless I don't send them away for service for a long while)
Have you ever fucked with a European car?
The hopper is relatively inexpensive, only the Supreme 3 is viable competition to it in my mind, and they are quite different beasts.

I don't have the PFE, but I mean it kills it through a water pipe. That in itself is the sole reason I'm interested in it, because no matter what vape I opt for, I'm going to pair it to my SoL or headies.

Check this Kief Bomb, this is why I am so high haha (not currently though because I wouldn't be able to write this after having that)

btka

how long does it take ups innovation to deliver a package from us to europe?

my tracking information did not change since monday 27th. It says: shipment information received by ups mail innovation.and package status: order processed ready for ups.

I got told tracking starts after my package got to the ups in california. does someone have a clue?

did HL already dispatched the package or only informed ups about the shipping. I did like the usps shipping more and this new ups shipping method is not cheaper nor does the tracking work better then with usps as far as ups is handling the package anyway to usps to ship abroad. i am very dissapointed with this new shipping method which HL now uses/offers...

btka,

biohacker

Ah this joint is called Fuck Combustion. Pretty sure fucks are fine Principle Skinner ;)

You completely missed the fucking point.

Completely agree. I don't get it either, except for the fucking shills.

Isn't it hilarious watching the fucking evolution?

This vape is amazing, but it is finicky. @biohacker found it too much so, and reasonably so. No one is having the same experience with this thing, it is not consistent enough - but, generally most users are very happy.

We are all entitled to our opinions, however I would disagree that generally most users are very happy. Maybe when/if they work. Have you read @JCat posts lately as an unbiased member? But I do agree with you on the consistency. I read something on Reddit a long while back that is still in the back of my mind, and agree....they all fucking seem to work differently!

Plus, if you have other vapes, I don't see how it failing is even an issue (apart from its tendency to be the vape preference in a collection [obviously varies per person/location/collection]).

Because it's a fucking pain in the ass paying for shipping (especially international, but yeah I know not HL fault) when there is a very good chance your replacement/repaired GL will either be flaky or break imminently. Yeah, I guess if you're rich...and have the patience of a god. I mean, how many RMA's can one stand before taking a stand? Aren't there lemon laws for this kind of shit? And way to fucking frustrate a consumer by not providing a fucking phone number? WTF is that? Real professional.

I think it is an inaccurate extrapolation to assume this device will fail so often as to be useless, but it is fair to say that it does fail more often than other vapes.

:rofl:You just made my day bro! Thanks! I disagree with your first statement, but your other statement I do believe is FACT! lol

Have you read HLs social media accounts, they have a polar fan base, but one side definitely overall has the louder voice (hence your (and commonly others) monthly/bi-monthly RMA assumption).

LMAO! The cliques in this thread are hilarious.....just follow the "likes"......sheeple.

I can easily get by, always with one working (unless I don't send them away for service for a long while)

You're lucky. Give it time and you may have two down at the same time....I had, what 4 down at once?

The hopper is relatively inexpensive, only the Supreme 3 is viable competition to it in my mind, and they are quite different beasts.

I don't have the PFE, but I mean it kills it through a water pipe. That in itself is the sole reason I'm interested in it, because no matter what vape I opt for, I'm going to pair it to my SoL or headies.

Well then you have to get a supreme now! You want consistency? A hit that makes the GH look like a toy?

@CL52613 I just read your post again, and I still can't figure it out either...:hmm:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I guess like you said, hopefully someone will chime in that has actually used it like that one of these days, since it's all new and people may not have got them yet, or very few have.
I quote myself below because I think I was one of if not the first to ring in about using the PFE dry. Some had been using the prototype version, which is a little different (thinner metal, for one thing). The point in thread where this post is begins, approximately, the start of PFE discussions (of actual use). You can start there and read forward. We're still using it both dry and w/water, and I love the thing.

I received a new PFE about an hour ago and I think I'm going to love it.
Nice weight to it; it changes the way Hopper feels to hold. Some may not like heavier, but I don't mind.

My main wish has been granted, it appears. There is only a screen and no funnels or extra parts. [EDIT: the following has proven incorrect; scroll down a few...]The screen is housed inside a ring, which is presumably threaded in like in the standard mp. Which begs the question, "Could one swap this type of no nonsense screen into a standard mp?" [EDIT: nope]
As already mentioned above it looks like cleaning will be very easy.

Overall fit and finish are about perfect, in my estimation.
First bowl was done dry on 4, and it's true, it does stay a little cooler on the lips plus the draw is more open.
Big clouds both dry and with water piece
but I can't say "more than" or "less than" just two chambers in.

If you have been on the fence about this piece, I can give some assurance that it does work as advertised! and is well worth having. I'm glad I waited, having been so tempted to have an extra mp for cleaning rotation, and now this fits the bill with performance upgrade!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Can't wait to get my PFEs! Hopefully my Ti hopper holds out long enough so I can use them for a while ... (so far so good ... every few uses or so have to loosen and rotate dial a handful of times and re-tighten, which is annoying ...)

I was going to send my Ti hopper back when I got my SS back from RMA, but on day 1 after return my SS behaved erratically sometimes working great, other times barely working, sometimes back-end is ok and other times burning (actually burning) hot. By day 2 my SS hopper was consistently flashing blue lights, hot back end, and poor vapor production no matter what I do :shrug:

So my SS is on it's way back to Colorado today, after less than 1 day of erratic use home. So far w/ my SS I'm looking at about 20% time in hands working in some fashion, 30% time at Hopper Labs or @ home in discussions for RMA w/ Hopper Labs, and maybe 50% time in transit w/ USPS and Canada Post. (these are just guesses ... but probably not too far off)

My Ti Hopper after getting it from @biohacker worked great for a week or so, and now still works great (to good) but is a little finicky and needs some fiddling way too often. Hopefully when I get my SS hopper back in 3 to 4 weeks it will be working 100% and I'll be able to send my Ti Hopper back on it's 3-4 week journey to RMA land.

To answer the question some seem to have about why we would put up with this? For me it comes down to 2 things:

1. This vaporizer does something for me that no others do. It hits like a desktop through water, and works quite well portable too. It is ready immediately. When travelling these 3 things together make it perfect for me. If we are at a hotel and I mismanage my time (always happens), and all of a sudden realize we are leaving/on our way somewhere in a few minutes, I can quickly medicate in <1 minute and be ready. I can't do this with my other vaporizers. It is useful at home for this too if I don't want to wait for the EVO to heat up. The instantaneous/pocketable use for on-the-go is also really, really, really convenient.

2. The ride is part of the fun (sort of). I don't mind supporting a company through their growing pains, but there is a limit.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
fwiw, a known good-quality fully charged battery is always the first 'fix' I try. My Hoppers are pretty much living on their charger when not use.
I haven't blue-tac'd any threads in a couple of months. For cleaning I rarely stick anything other than a dry toothpick or q-tip in the chamber. After use and after emptying I try to give a quick solid draw with mp removed, to help clear things out.

The lights I pay attention to are red preheat and blue go-go-go. And of course I respond to red flashing low battery, but I don't usually let them go that far. Other than those, if vape is working, I don't care. If it's not working (even intermittently) I send it to the Lab. This costs me about $3 and 2 weeks or less.

One hopper's backend stays cool and the other doesn't. The one that gets hotter backend can make very dark abv while the other only comes close to that. But both are making very acceptable and enjoyable levels of cloudage. It helps that my flower supply has qualitatively improved; yeah this helps everything!

I'm also in the group that still has good reasons to stay on the Hopper ride, even while some members have bailed or have taken to mocking others here unnecessarily.

For me patience and low expectations of reliability have combined with proximity to a US Post Office and made the ride more than tolerable. I love these fucking things.

biohacker

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
how long does it take ups innovation to deliver a package from us to europe?

my tracking information did not change since monday 27th. It says: shipment information received by ups mail innovation.and package status: order processed ready for ups.

I got told tracking starts after my package got to the ups in california. does someone have a clue?

did HL already dispatched the package or only informed ups about the shipping. I did like the usps shipping more and this new ups shipping method is not cheaper nor does the tracking work better then with usps as far as ups is handling the package anyway to usps to ship abroad. i am very dissapointed with this new shipping method which HL now uses/offers...
my pfe arrived in the uk last night(30th) after ordering it on the 21st, was dispatched on the 27th(said immediate dispatch on the order page) it now says in transit by post office if that helps

Mr. Me2

I'm one of the happy hoppers. Got my ss around June. Cop lights around October. Got a replacement body from ghl in about 5 days! Knock on wood, mine's been trouble free since.

For me it fills the perfect vape niche. I have others, but always go for the gh. Just can't help myself. Love it's true convection, super fast heat up, aesthetic....

Others with (repeated) problems seem to be more vocal here. And rightfully so. I appreciate hearing about their experience (and feel bad for them too). I don't begrudge anyone in this thread who shares their gh problems and frustrations.

But am I wrong that with all of the posted gh problems and RMAs, I don't remember reading about a single denied warranty claim?

biohacker

@Mr. Me2 Very good post bro! I love how you love your GH but don't turn a blind eye to the problems, and are not in denial like some others. Just curious though, how much use do you put through your GH daily?

From my experience, even though people are saying that the GH is "improving" etc. I feel that they are actually going backward. My older GH's kicked the shit out of all my newer ones. Unfortunately, when they finally did go, they were replaced with newer inferior components IMO. Once I lost that "magic" HL lost me.

Man, I'm just sharing my own real life experiences, good or bad. I praised them plenty early on & have been just as critical when needed.

Respect!

Mr. Me2

@Mr. Me2 Very good post bro! I love how you love your GH but don't turn a blind eye to the problems, and are not in denial like some others. Just curious though, how much use do you put through your GH daily?

From my experience, even though people are saying that the GH is "improving" etc. I feel that they are actually going backward. My older GH's kicked the shit out of all my newer ones. Unfortunately, when they finally did go, they were replaced with newer inferior components IMO. Once I lost that "magic" HL lost me.
Thanks @biohacker! I almost included a mention of you (with an addition of love) in my post, because you came to mind as I was writing it. I know you SO want to love this thing. And boy did you give it a shot! I really wish you got one gem for all your efforts.

Although mine gets daily use, it's usually limited to one load. And I may be easier on mine than others. Never through water and I rarely change the temp (usually at 3).

Top Bottom