The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

jabba

If they sold 1,000 units each month for the first two months, and 200 units each month for the next 10 months, this would easily be feasible.

I don't find that likely, as I stated before I'm expecting my Sept. '15 preorder in August.

I want to make it clear I'm not trying to say you are wrong. At this point anybody's guess is as good as mine. We simply don't have enough info to make an educated guess. You make a good point about 10 months worth of orders. While not impossible, it is highly unlikely and I would not bet money on them fulfilling that goal.

None of us know anything. That said, we are now shipping March/April 2015 preorders....thus it is hard to comprehend that May 2016 preorders will ship in August 2016. For this reason...I went the Ebay route.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
None of us know anything. That said, we are now shipping March/April 2015 preorders....thus it is hard to comprehend that May 2016 preorders will ship in August 2016. For this reason...I went the Ebay route.
I feel you man. When it became clear I wouldn't have my Ti preorder for the majority of this summer I decided to buy a SS from Vaposhop. This is my first full summer after fucking combustion and I intend to have many Grasshopper inspired misadventures. Plus, a guy's gotta have a backup, right?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
yep I am 100% I will not get it this summer, I emailed them the other day and asked for an estimation update and got an answer, I asked if I could post it here but they have not said "yes or no"

it was basically that they would have an update next week and new estimation

not going to copy/paste the email unless Hopper says "Yes" but that was basically what Caroline said.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
According to Caroline i was to get my address confirmation email early last week. Never happened. I wrote back early this week and was told my address confirmation "should" ship sometime this week. Still hasn't. It was just annoying to me she said on the first email it would ship, then when they missed that week it "should" ship. Went from sounding promising to sounding like i need to go back to waiting.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: DocGonzo

jabba

I feel you man. When it became clear I wouldn't have my Ti preorder for the majority of this summer I decided to buy a SS from Vaposhop. This is my first full summer after fucking combustion and I intend to have many Grasshopper inspired misadventures. Plus, a guy's gotta have a backup, right?

Ya gotta do what you gotta do. I did the same/similar. I actually will have 2 SS GH's as of next week...and am still awaiting my Ti PreOrder from early May 2016. As of now...I do not intend to cancel my pre-order....I like the device(s) too much. I'd be shocked (and pleased) If I were to receive my titanium this summer....but don't expect to receive it for many months.

yep I am 100% I will not get it this summer, I emailed them the other day and asked for an estimation update and got an answer, I asked if I could post it here but they have not said "yes or no"

it was basically that they would have an update next week and new estimation

not going to copy/paste the email unless Hopper says "Yes" but that was basically what Caroline said.

Hmmm...I s'pose you are trying to be ethical or compassionate?...or something?...I'm not sure that you are succeeding. Respectfully...If you don't intend to post the tangible news that you received from HL about your order status...I'd suggest simply not mentioning it at all.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Hmmm...I s'pose you are trying to be ethical or compassionate?...or something?...I'm not sure that you are succeeding. Respectfully...If you don't intend to post the tangible news that you received from HL about your order status...I'd suggest simply not mentioning it at all.

trying to be ethical yes but hard when Hopper lab has not, but that email had NOTHING to do with my order status in reality, just the fact they were going to update my estimate and then send out an update to the community

normally I would not mention this but Hopper has not been honest, I still dont wanna just blatently copy/paste an personal email to this thread without at least giving them an option on saying "yes or no" but seams like they are not answering that request so I kind of "leaked" the little I got to know

and that was they were going to relate an update next week, could as well happen next month .. who the hell knows

Hjalmark,
Reactions: Copacetic

EntheogenMystic

I am you and you are me
Well I can say it definitely works out of the box. Unfortunately I don't have any mj but I do have a stash of herbs from my garden haha. 2 bowls of freshly dried spearmint was very refreshing out of this thing, although on bowl two the mouthpiece did get a little uncomfortably hot, that's okay though. The sleekness and sheer wickedness more than makes up for that in my mind. Very excited :love:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Well I can say it definitely works out of the box. Unfortunately I don't have any mj but I do have a stash of herbs from my garden haha. 2 bowls of freshly dried spearmint was very refreshing out of this thing, although on bowl two the mouthpiece did get a little uncomfortably hot, that's okay though. The sleekness and sheer wickedness more than makes up for that in my mind. Very excited :love:

If you are in the same country as me I would mail you a gram just to know another Grasshopper customer is using that wicket thing

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
March 17th 2015 Preorder (one SS hopper).

Address confirmation received June 12th. Shipping Confirmation received today June 16th at 12:02am!!

Looks like shipping label was created on June 14th in the afternoon, and it was delivered to the post office yesterday.

Estimated delivery is Saturday! (No I didn't pay the $10 for Priority shipping upgrade)

Apparently First Class mail DOES ship fast sometimes. Woke up this morning and checked the tracking - turns out the estimated shipping was UPDATED to today!! Finally around 10:30am it was out for delivery

Waiting until the 4:30pm mailman was painful - I wanted to be home by the door so I didn't miss any signature request (luckily there wasn't any).

5pm comes around, nothing in the mail. 5:30pm, I hear the rumble of my favorite truck. Looking out my window I see the mailman come....... and go, right past and on to the neighbors house. :rant:

Two houses down, the mailman stops...... and circles back around to drop off a package in the mailbox! :party: :dog: :cheers:

She's home! 15 months literally to the day I ordered it, my hopper is finally in my hands.

AUvNMMe.jpg

(Sorry for the focus!)

Vape seems to be functioning well, no problem with build construction. Although I did notice the back-end of this unit seems to get quite hot when in use! :cuss: (My loaner TI hopper didn't seem to generate this heat)

But I'll deal with it - the vape certainly performs exactly how I wanted it to, and I'm enjoying the flavor at level 3 with this SS.

Call me crazy, but I seem to feel like my SS produces BETTER flavor on the third notch, than my loaner TI from back in November last year (although that one had no hot backend issues)

Still, I'm in love. Halfway tempted to order another one today (so I always have a spare)

Last edited by a moderator:

EntheogenMystic

I am you and you are me
Sad day now. LED lights basically turn immediately blue, maybe are red for less than a second, but it produces no heat and will shut off automatically no matter how hard I draw. Damnit :cuss:

EntheogenMystic,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Wow, that was fast. Can't believe they still offer a lifetime warranty. Guess they are counting on their battery game running strong for all our future hungry hoppers to fund the dozens of warranties each unit needs?

seaofgreens,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Sad day now. LED lights basically turn immediately blue, maybe are red for less than a second, but it produces no heat and will shut off automatically no matter how hard I draw. Damnit :cuss:

wait ... it lasted less then 48 hours without even being used ?

Hjalmark,

EntheogenMystic

I am you and you are me
wait ... it lasted less then 48 hours without even being used ?

It lasted less than 24 hours, and it WAS being used. I didn't put mj in it, but I was still using it. And I find it unlikely using spearmint and lavender contributed to its demise considering those are the types of herbs it's technically marketed for lol it's actually suddenly started working again. Maybe the sensor was blocked with shit. Just needed a day to cool down I guess lol

EntheogenMystic,
Reactions: Hjalmark

jabba

Still, I'm in love. Halfway tempted to order another one today (so I always have a spare)

I understand this. I felt very silly ordering it....but I have a 2nd Hopper set to arrive this week to serve as a backup. One cannot dispel the quantity of reported GH failures. For what this device provides me...imo a backup device is a small price to pay. Day 7 and my Hopper is perfect...couldn't be more pleased. For those with various devices that could replace the Hopper if necessary...perhaps a backup Hopper is not necessary.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I understand this. I felt very silly ordering it....but I have a 2nd Hopper set to arrive this week to serve as a backup. One cannot dispel the quantity of reported GH failures. For what this device provides me...imo a backup device is a small price to pay. Day 7 and my Hopper is perfect...couldn't be more pleased. For those with various devices that could replace the Hopper if necessary...perhaps a backup Hopper is not necessary.
I have various "backup" devices and STILL ordered 2 hoppers. Hoping I'll have them before the end of the summer.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
It lasted less than 24 hours, and it WAS being used. I didn't put mj in it, but I was still using it. And I find it unlikely using spearmint and lavender contributed to its demise considering those are the types of herbs it's technically marketed for lol it's actually suddenly started working again. Maybe the sensor was blocked with shit. Just needed a day to cool down I guess lol

hmmm ... and I still cant wait to get my Grasshopper :D

its nothing to do with the threads are not connecting probably and just need to screw it all apart and back together ?

Hjalmark,
Top Bottom