The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Mr Mellish

I'm very glad I didn't fall for their express shipping offer, IMO I think it falsely gives people hope that their GH will get to them quicker - I don't mean in transit, I mean time between addy confirm and shipping confirm.

Word. I got burned on this one. Thought it would ship soon and I could get my hands on the little beauties before wife and kid got out for summer break. Now, I'll still get it too late, but just a bit faster. The speed of shipping is now irrelevant for me, since it will have to ship to a friend's anyway. Bad form, GHL...

Mr Mellish,

Kalessin

Weird. I never would have thought that. I got priority because once it actually ships I'm going to get anxious for it to be here and even having it one day earlier is worth the extra 3 bucks

Kalessin,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I am in New England. It shipped today from CO and will get here Thursday, that's plenty quick for me, what I estimated anyways for transit time, one day earlier would have been a waste of money for me. I also don't think the insurance is necessary. I feel they are playing on folk's paranoia and anxiety which is compounded by the hellacious wait time.

Someone else's geographic location and opinion may create a different situation from mine. Is what it is.

Kalessin

I just generally tend to get faster shipping if the cost is only slightly increased. Like. If an upgrade is 5 dollars or less I'm definitely getting it.

Kalessin,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I just generally tend to get faster shipping if the cost is only slightly increased. Like. If an upgrade is 5 dollars or less I'm definitely getting it.

$3? I thought it was more than that. I still would not have bit, but that's more reasonable than I thought, I recall reading it was more like $10 or $15 for the upgrade.

Fingers X'd that I also get my "We're sorry" battery without having to chase it down.

Mister G,

Kalessin

$3? I thought it was more than that. I still would not have bit, but that's more reasonable than I thought, I recall reading it was more like $10 or $15 for the upgrade.

Fingers X'd that I also get my "We're sorry" battery without having to chase it down.
Priority is 10 dollars, but they charge you 7 on ordering so when you confirm your address and upgrade it's an additional 3 dollars.

I specifically confirmed during my shipping upgrade email that I'd be getting a free battery. She did say the free battery wouldn't appear on the invoice, though

Kalessin,
Reactions: catbird

Vaperist

I specifically confirmed during my shipping upgrade email that I'd be getting a free battery. She did say the free battery wouldn't appear on the invoice, though
is that free battery for every pre-orderer, or only for those whom estimates have been extended? i also wonder if it is possible to ask them NOT to write word vaporizer in dat invoice? electric heater would be much better word for device, as i don't want that local postman of 800 inhabitant village knows that i'm vaporizing. that means that all village knows.

also, are they obliged to give out a value of product inside? why can't they just write one word- gift? without any money involved.

Last edited:
Vaperist,

luigii

also, are they obliged to give out a value of product inside? why can't they just write one word- gift? without any money involved.
That would be illegal (tax evasion).

Some days ago you talked about exploiting the HL lifetime warranty, which is also illegal.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these illegal practices should better be discussed somewhere else.

Vaperist

That would be illegal (tax evasion).

Some days ago you talked about exploiting the HL lifetime warranty, which is also illegal.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these illegal practices should better be discussed somewhere else.
i don't know anything about US rules and laws. in fact, i haven't read any rules and laws at all. that is why asking. all i know is that some vendors in eBay have made a 'gift' package for me.

Vaperist,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
i don't know anything about US rules and laws. in fact, i haven't read any rules and laws at all. that is why asking. all i know is that some vendors in eBay have made a 'gift' package for me.
It's not only US law; you seem to want to evade some rules in your country. Maybe draconian laws where you live suck so bad that they should be ignored? But I don't believe you are as innocent or ignorant as you are claiming.
You only know because you've seen he word "gift" on packaging? Yet you apparently understand this means you can get away without paying some tax or duty if the shipper is willing to lie about the deal ("gift').

At this point your posts and reputation precede you.

vapviking,
Reactions: vapen00b

Vaperist

Maybe draconian laws where you live suck so bad that they should be ignored?

let just put it this way. in my country it is necessary to do some grey business if you want your enterprise to survive. tax system is just ludicrous. this tendency of my nation to exploit loopholes was developed in Soviet times very much. where everybody was cheating government we hated as much as we could. and after regaining independence the grey economy was larger than legal one at some point in Latvia. now days we still have a highest % of grey economy in EU.

at this point it is just in Latvian nature. gaining advantage everywhere we can to save some money or to get a free stuff. not steeling directly. but if there is a free refill of popcorn in da cinema, then latvian will keep that basket for next time he go to cinema and refill it again. so this is very surprising to me how law and rule obedient everybody here are in this forum :o does majority of Americans and WestEuropeans are like this?

me personally fuck da law (as well as combustion) and rules everywhere i can gain something and get away with it afterwards.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Mr. Me, that is an excellent idea. I think it would be very beneficial for everyone still waiting for their hoppers, including me (June 2015 preorder) to be able to gather some info on how many warranty issues are in play. And possibly to compile a sort of histogram of types of warranty issues versus the volume of hoppers returned over the past, say, running 12 month period.

I'd hope to see a decrease in warranty repairs; I really do wonder how well GHL is doing in "improving" the product, as every newsletter they send seems to say, "oh, we've got it all figured out, now".....
Thanks for the support for this idea. Guess our busy mods agree, because somebody created a gh warranty discussion thread for us. Thx!!!

Regarding gathering info, although ghl may not provide it, I think one of the fc tech stars can set up some questions that can provide instant stats. I remember the thread asking the age or age bracket of fc members. That questionnaire provided instant statistics.

Maybe in the warranty discussion thread a few questions can be suggested for inclusion and with pleading and love, a mod can help with this.

Here are a couple question suggestions that I think statistics would be interesting: (1) description/type of warranty issue (we can list the known ones and add an "other" to fill in and use as the basis for expansion of list), (2) time from receipt to gh "failure ". If people like (2), not sure if we should include a (3) re: gh hours of use before "failure". Calendar days mean less if one person uses their gh multiple times a day, and another uses it once a week, but both have "failures" one month after receipt, and (4) the # of warranty claims.

If we pursue this, I think the # of questions should be limited.

What do you think?

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Thanks for the support for this idea. Guess our busy mods agree, because somebody created a gh warranty discussion thread for us. Thx!!!

Regarding gathering info, although ghl may not provide it, I think one of the fc tech stars can set up some questions that can provide instant stats. I remember the thread asking the age or age bracket of fc members. That questionnaire provided instant statistics.

Maybe in the warranty discussion thread a few questions can be suggested for inclusion and with pleading and love, a mod can help with this.

Here are a couple question suggestions that I think statistics would be interesting: (1) description/type of warranty issue (we can list the known ones and add an "other" to fill in and use as the basis for expansion of list), (2) time from receipt to gh "failure ". If people like (2), not sure if we should include a (3) re: gh hours of use before "failure". Calendar days mean less if one person uses their gh multiple times a day, and another uses it once a week, but both have "failures" one month after receipt, and (4) the # of warranty claims.

What do you think?
Great stuff!! Especially if it cuts down on the baseless speculation.

moondog,

delloy

My hoppers have arrived in the UK and are at customs presently. Not looking forward to waiting to hear what ridiculous fees those guys are gonna put on them but I reckon I'm gonna be down another £85/$120 :cry:

JoeMama

What do you think?
Many thanks to the mods! I think this could be very helpful to future potential buyers of GH, and possibly open up the possibility of a higher caliber of response from GH on issues.

I think you covered the important factors, if I may paraphrase:

1) Date received (wonder if serial numbers are visible?)
2) Date of failure or issue (columnated with already-known issues)... This could get untenable if there are myriad issues.
3) Used a) Less than 1x per day, 5x per day, 10x per day (somehow getting a feel for how much it's used before the failure.)

Sure, this has to evolve, but I think this is a good idea!

Q: Where is that GH Warranty Discussion thread? Perhaps trolling through there will provide more ideas.

Vaperist

Many thanks to the mods! I think this could be very helpful to future potential buyers of GH, and possibly open up the possibility of a higher caliber of response from GH on issues.

I think you covered the important factors, if I may paraphrase:

1) Date received (wonder if serial numbers are visible?)
2) Date of failure or issue (columnated with already-known issues)... This could get untenable if there are myriad issues.
3) Used a) Less than 1x per day, 5x per day, 10x per day (somehow getting a feel for how much it's used before the failure.)

Sure, this has to evolve, but I think this is a good idea!

Q: Where is that GH Warranty Discussion thread? Perhaps trolling through there will provide more ideas.
i would like that mods would delete my bitchtalk in dat warranty thread. not that i don't stand by my words, but dat discussion aint no best introduction to dee brand new thread. and it looks like not many are interested in rule manipulation here anywayz.

only good reason i see for that conversation to stay online is to catch somebodies attention. to fix that loophole somehow.

Last edited:
Vaperist,

DelaSheck

First Post, long time lurker.

I'm a Pre-order 3.23.15 Dark Grey TI. I got my shipping confirmation just now. I should have on Friday. That is only I think 3 days after I received my address confirmation.

To bad I am going on vacation on Friday morning. I guess I will have to wait till I get back to try it out.

Kalessin

I'm a Pre-order 3.23.15. I got my shipping confirmation just now. I should have on Friday. That is only I think 3 days after I received my address confirmation.

To bad I am going on vacation on Friday morning. I guess I will have to wait till I get back to try it out.
Was yours a SS or Ti?

Kalessin,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive

I'm a Pre-order 3.23.15 Dark Grey TI. I got my shipping confirmation just now. I should have on Friday. That is only I think 3 days after I received my address confirmation.

if your looking for a "house sitter" ? :D

Hjalmark,

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ

"Hey honey, about our honeymoon on the next few days..."
- Yes?
"Fuck it, I don't wanna go anymore. Cancel everything."

:p

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Anyone else in the states who picked up a hopper from vaposhop received yours yet?
I have not. The other day I found a quote from Vaposhop on this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/4nmasf/vaposhop_hopper_shipping_to_us/

"Last post from u/vaposhop:

Great to see various UK/EU customers have received their units! Shipping from Amsterdam to UK (and other European countries) is quite fast indeed.

As mentioned on FC, shipping to the US is a bit more challenging (since these are not shipped express) and most of all, time consuming. Please allow for an average shipping time of ~14 to 20 business days - provided customs are fast to do their part of the job as well. We will be shipping future US orders with a different - faster - shipping agent soon (which will also increase the shipping cost somewhat), but for those who are awaiting their order from last week, please hang in there, the Hoppers are on their way!"

Vapor_Eyes,
Top Bottom