The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Mr. Me2

Many thanks to the mods! I think this could be very helpful to future potential buyers of GH, and possibly open up the possibility of a higher caliber of response from GH on issues.

I think you covered the important factors, if I may paraphrase:

1) Date received (wonder if serial numbers are visible?)
2) Date of failure or issue (columnated with already-known issues)... This could get untenable if there are myriad issues.
3) Used a) Less than 1x per day, 5x per day, 10x per day (somehow getting a feel for how much it's used before the failure.)

Sure, this has to evolve, but I think this is a good idea!

Q: Where is that GH Warranty Discussion thread? Perhaps trolling through there will provide more ideas.
It's called Grasshopper Warranty Discussion. Here's my effort to attach a link; hope this works...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/grasshopper-warranty-discussion.21860/

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
March 17th 2015 Preorder (one SS hopper).

Address confirmation received June 12th. Shipping Confirmation received today June 16th at 12:02am!!

Looks like shipping label was created on June 14th in the afternoon, and it was delivered to the post office yesterday.

Estimated delivery is Saturday! (No I didn't pay the $10 for Priority shipping upgrade)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
March 15, 2015 -- pre-order
May 27, 2016 -- address confirmation
July 16, 2016 -- shipping confirmation, scheduled for Saturday delivery

Of course, I'll be out of town over the weekend... How could I expect anything else?
You meant JUNE 16, no?
Thanks. My early August '15 pre-order is looking closer and closer!

vapviking,

JoeMama

Hey dudes and dudettes,

FWIW, since I'm hoping to get my GH this month (June 2015 preorder), and had ordered an additional one about 3 months ago, I decided to email GHL to ask "Please advise....Will my orders still be shipping in June? Will both ship together? Will there be an extra battery for my pre-order one?"

Her answer: "Your 2 orders will ship together. We will include 1 Free Extra Battery with your Grasshopper".
My reply: "Thank you... but will it be June?"

--- nothing back, yet. :shrug:

I wonder how many of us here are expecting something this month... Not that I'm asking for that answer by filling up this thread, just curious, though.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey dudes and dudettes,

FWIW, since I'm hoping to get my GH this month (June 2015 preorder), and had ordered an additional one about 3 months ago, I decided to email GHL to ask "Please advise....Will my orders still be shipping in June? Will both ship together? Will there be an extra battery for my pre-order one?"

Her answer: "Your 2 orders will ship together. We will include 1 Free Extra Battery with your Grasshopper".
My reply: "Thank you... but will it be June?"

--- nothing back, yet. :shrug:

I wonder how many of us here are expecting something this month... Not that I'm asking for that answer by filling up this thread, just curious, though.
Not to fill up the thread, I'm expecting in June also (Aug 2 '15 pre). Was it out to about mid Sept. '15 preorders to be ready this June ?
I think Caroline's answer, if any, will agree with what you see when you look at your order status. It wouldn't seem to be good practice to have contradictory projections for the same order!

vapviking,

JoeMama

Not to fill up the thread, I'm expecting in June also (Aug 2 '15 pre). Was it out to about mid Sept. '15 preorders to be ready this June ?
I think Caroline's answer, if any, will agree with what you see when you look at your order status. It wouldn't seem to be good practice to have contradictory projections for the same order!
Vap, yeah, this June estimate is after several push-outs, including Sept '15 (if I understood your question...?)...

My experience with Caroline isn't stellar, but I can sympathize with her having to deal with stoners' emails all day. My first email was answered in less than 12 hours. I'll wait another day before I allow myself to get annoyed. I've only ever had one complaint about GHL, and it wasn't about the delays; it was about the way they communicated.

JoeMama,

peaceactivist

<insert witty saying here>
Unless they can clear 2 months worth of preorders in 2 weeks, I don't foresee June 2015 preorders shipping in June 2016.

I ordered April 11 and am also anxious to see if I'll get any confirmation this month but also remaining realistic based on the address confirmations posted that at best we may see something nearing the end of the month, at worst, July and onward.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Was it out to about mid Sept. '15 preorders to be ready this June ?
I'm a mid September 2015 preorder and have a June 2016 estimated ship date.

A couple weeks ago I thought receiving my Ti by mid July was realistic but now I'm thinking August is more likely. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: vapviking

Vaperist

Accusations of fraud are not tolerated here. Warning point issued.
I'm a mid September 2015 preorder and have a June 2016 estimated ship date.

A couple weeks ago I thought receiving my Ti by mid July was realistic but now I'm thinking August is more likely. I'd love to be proven wrong though!
i have November 2015 pre-order. and guess what- also June as estimate lol. not only me some other reports stated in this thread that even January 2016 are scheduled for a June. clearly a fraud.

i wonder what sanctions HopperLabs will receive from PayPal this time. those guys gave HL a last warning for a deliberate deception already.

Last edited:
Vaperist,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It is important to remember that we don't know how many units have been preordered each month. My guess is the amount of orders looks like a reverse bell curve.

I would think that a large amount of preorders were at the beginning, from people that missed out on the indiegogo campaign. Then the orders may have died down once the hype wore off. Perhaps they've picked up again in the past few months because of word of mouth from all of the units going out.

This is all speculation, of course. That's kind of my point though. We really have no clue what the backlog looks like right now. I like the way things are going as far as all of the shipment confirmations going out. It seems they have found a steady pace, they just need to keep up the momentum now.

Vaperist

It is important to remember that we don't know how many units have been preordered each month....We really have no clue what the backlog looks like right now....

what make you think that there are less Hoppers pre-ordered in Xmas 2015 shopping time than straight after indigogo campaign? the momentum is that they served two (one and half to be precise) months of pre-orders in May. there is just no way that they gonna serve a 10 months in this June with Xmas time pre-orders included.

Last edited:
Vaperist,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
what make you think that there are less Hoppers pre-ordered in Xmas 2015 shopping time than straight after indigogo campaign? the momentum is that they served two (one and half to be precise) months of pre-orders in May. there is just no way that they gonna serve a 10 months in this June with Xmas time pre-orders included.
If they sold 1,000 units each month for the first two months, and 200 units each month for the next 10 months, this would easily be feasible.

I don't find that likely, as I stated before I'm expecting my Sept. '15 preorder in August.

I want to make it clear I'm not trying to say you are wrong. At this point anybody's guess is as good as mine. We simply don't have enough info to make an educated guess. You make a good point about 10 months worth of orders. While not impossible, it is highly unlikely and I would not bet money on them fulfilling that goal.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I also am hoping to get mine by August and I am a May 2016 preorder. But each day that goes by it gets easier and easier to wait. Plus I got my new Mighty, some CO2 carts, so I'll be good for a little bit.

March 2016 here so I feel ya ! sadly I "gave" my Vapman away and dont got no portable just an epic awesome Enano logvape, but I am outside about 90% of the day and only reason I come inside is for coffee and vape .. guess it might be keeping me from overworking myself :D

Top Bottom