The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Krazzykid

Sure you don't mean "pre orders" that have to wait longer? The backers are thru by now..

Anyway. I might be wrong tho.:peace:
Seriously? Read the posts. Backers were allowed to make additions as well, not just preorders. The proof is right here in this thread.

They have recently finished backers contributions. That still doesn't change the fact that backers were allowed to make changes as well.

My original post was towards @delloy about the fact that Vapefiend was a backer. As a backer they were allowed to change their contribution to possibly add additional retail kits (along with upgrading at least one of them to titanium models). Hopper Labs did not skip preorders to fulfill retailers, they simply shipped backers contributions first (like the plan always was).

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Seriously dude? Read the posts. Backers were allowed to make additions as well, not just preorders. The proof is right here in this thread.

They have recently finished backers contributions. That still doesn't change the fact that backers were allowed to make changes as well.

My original post was towards @delloy about the fact that Vapefiend was a backer. As a backer they were allowed to change their contribution to possibly add additional retail kits (along with upgrading at least one of them to titanium models). Hopper Labs did not skip preorders to fulfill retailers, they simply shipped backers contributions first (like the plan always was).
Dude, it's all good. I'm not searching for a proof nor do I claim I'm right. It was just a question. I know why I avoid this thread - there's nicer places around here.

Happy Easter to everyone!
Keep the peace :peace:

vapen00b,

OldCreepy

I wish GHL would just give us a weekly update! I want it to be the most depressing stuff ever typed up, but I want something. I NEED to know they are at least paying someone to type all day for my (NON) Pleasure. Sorry I must be depressed lol or just itching for more news like everyone! (Also I have a real question, after watching there first campaign vid about needing us to help them get this rolling it seems to me that there main issue with GH production is the 3D printers needed to make heat element? When it comes to the machine needed to shape the casing and cap/screen/tip,etc... There should be less of an issue since us as humans have been making SS and Ti shaped parts for a long time now! So is the printer slow? Or do they only have 1? Staff is needed to make sure machine has been calibrated right but after this a GH (minus) the heater should be FAST! I have watched G&G steal workers build some very techincal parts on order for random stuff and have it done in a week. If this had wires, built in battery or gold parts/ idk maybe then the time would be understandable but if they say we wait only because they can't make them fast enough I call major BS on that. We wait for some far stranger reason and for that I need a good explanation. Hope I'm making since cause I'm not spell checking myself lol. Also hope someone can help me wrap my head around the GH building process.

Also I'm 29 male and not very creepy,
This is or was my gangster name in other life. ✌️

WhyAreWeWaiting

IGG backers were most definitely allowed to add to/upgrade their perks by simply emailing HL. Read the hundreds of posts on the subject right here on FC in this thread and the main thread. There are literally nearly whole pages of backers complaining that they had to wait longer because people in front of them added things onto their orders.
Allowing people to add an unlimited amount of units to their orders is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't matter if they're backers, retail kits, or preorders. The notion of doing this is unfair to everyone who has had to wait in line, and is an extremely dubious business practice.

Krazzykid

Allowing people to add an unlimited amount of units to their orders is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't matter if they're backers, retail kits, or preorders. The notion of doing this is unfair to everyone who has had to wait in line, and is an extremely dubious business practice.
To each their own, but I simply don't agree at all.

I can place an order with basically any online retailer, email them before my order ships, and add as many items to the order as I please. Most retailers ship in chronological order, this isn't something new to Hopper Labs.
What you are saying is that any retailer that ships in chronological order is guilty of "extremely dubious business prectice"s. It's not that retailers fault that I decided to add 1000 items to my order(therefore pushing the following orders back.)

Krazzykid,
Reactions: Hjalmark

AgentXero

To each their own, but I simply don't agree at all.

I can place an order with basically any online retailer, email them before my order ships, and add as many items to the order as I please. Most retailers ship in chronological order, this isn't something new to Hopper Labs.
What you are saying is that any retailer that ships in chronological order is guilty of "extremely dubious business prectice"s. It's not that retailers fault that I decided to add 1000 items to my order(therefore pushing the following orders back.)

I wouldn't agree with the "extremely dubious" part, but in this case with hopper labs it's annoying for a few reasons. This is young company that has so many people anxiously waiting their unit for so long now. This isn't like adding an extra unit on apple or best buys website. And it's one thing if someone adds a unit to their order for a sibling or something, but some people have likely been adding to their order and selling them for profit on eBay. I know it's America and it's a free country, and hopper labs is making money regardless, so people are going to be split with this subject. It bothers be somewhat for sure, but it's a vaporizer and not a live saving organ transplant, so I keep myself grounded with that perspective. To each his (or her) own though.

:sherlock::2c::peace:

Tdtour

There is another side to this. Let say these are concert tickets, the first few people can not buy all the tickets and them sell them at a higher price.

We are all frustrated waiting so longer for our hoppers to arrive. But what can any of us really do about it? Who know if HL lurks these forums, we certainly will not here from them. They know they will be bombarded with plenty of questions.

Just last we on their FB page someone voiced their concerns about the long wait and those post were all deleted.

I am a Feb 2015 preorder, I know I will not be getting my hopper next month. I have other vapes to use.

OldCreepy

There is another side to this. Let say these are concert tickets, the first few people can not buy all the tickets and them sell them at a higher price.

We are all frustrated waiting so longer for our hoppers to arrive. But what can any of us really do about it? Who know if HL lurks these forums, we certainly will not here from them. They know they will be bombarded with plenty of questions.

Just last we on their FB page someone voiced their concerns about the long wait and those post were all deleted.

I am a Feb 2015 preorder, I know I will not be getting my hopper next month. I have other vapes to use.
I have my Pax2 and that's great but if GH is packing like they say it is then I really wish I could box my Pax and rip it on my 200$ GOD PEN! All in all I'm ok and won't die but I just might bite off all my nails and visit this forum like a crack head.

EdE80

I got mine from VapeFiend yesterday, pretty nice piece! I'm not sure if it's quite the game changer that a lot do, but I definitely like it. It milked up my little f bomb much better than my Ascent or Solo. I love the almost no wait time to heat up, and I really didn't think that was going to be a huge selling point in my opinion. Cool, yes, but I didn't mind the short wait my Ascent requires. Until now. The mouthpiece does indeed get warm, hot actually. If you hold it at an angle so the vapor path hits your tongue, lip, or cheeck on exit, you definitely feel it. The silicone mouthpiece covers it nicely, and if you aren't constantly hitting it, it might not be necessary. I wouldn't know, I've been constantly hitting it. It takes a bit to cool down after usage, but that doesn't surprise me. I've got the Ti, which is supposed to cool faster, but I'm betting it also warms faster too, like real quick. All in all, definitely worth the wait/struggle/anger/delirium. Can't wait to try it with my bub I just ordered!

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
yeah I am March 2016 preorder and just out of curiosity to check their "estimate" abilities I asked if there was a change of getting it in April like my "estimate" on their site and they said

nope not going to get it by 16 of April (going on a 10 day hike) but we are going to try everything we can to get it to you in April

They either clearly suck at estimating their capability or they actually have manage to ramp up their production

I think it might be bit of both and I am guessing I get mine more like in June .... so I need to start looking for a cheap vape to hold me off out in nature or just finish fixing my Davinci Ascent by buying a smaller diameter solder tip and fixing the garbage job they did soldering it (blind 8 year old with Parkinson would do better) but I rather not because that thing wastes weed like no other

Vapor Loop

I just received my address confirmation for a 12/23/14 Stainless Steel Grasshopper Preorder so it looks like they are hopefully getting ready to start shipping again.

Also got my email confirmation today. SS and TI. Ordered 12/26/14.

got mine too, 12/23/14 two Ti

So when did you guy's get put on the wait list? I'm trying to figure what date they need to place my order at feb 16th 2014 wait list here, They forgot to send me that E-mail yall got to pre order and due to all the chaos i stayed away from the threads and watched my E-mail. I even E-mailed Trevor to confirm in July and it was a confirmed Feb 16th 2014 wait list spot, So it look's like i should finally be getting mine as well.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So when did you guy's get put on the wait list? I'm trying to figure what date they need to place my order at feb 16th 2014 wait list here, They forgot to send me that E-mail yall got to pre order and due to all the chaos i stayed away from the threads and watched my E-mail. I even E-mailed Trevor to confirm in July and it was a confirmed Feb 16th 2014 wait list spot, So it look's like i should finally be getting mine as well.

Dude! You're like the Japanese soldier who, after WWII didn't come out of the jungle for decades!

Sounds like you should already have one by now! Was your order, like, after backer stage but before official pre-orders? I haven't heard it called the "wait list". Have you had a recent communication with them?

Vapor Loop

Dude! You're like the Japanese soldier who, after WWII didn't come out of the jungle for decades!

Sounds like you should already have one by now! Was your order, like, after backer stage but before official pre-orders? I haven't heard it called the "wait list". Have you had a recent communication with them?

Yes it was i found out about the Grasshopper a couple months too late Feb 16th 2014 to be exact. I immediately got put on this wait list to be emailed for first dibs on pre orders but forgotten, And to make it worse i didn't come back to the threads till August 2015 wondering when the hell pre orders will start, At that point in a upset panic placed my order knowing thousand's of people had been allowed to cut in front of me. i just didn't think it would take nearly as long as it has to ship. I honestly thought they would have been order a hopper today get it in a few days by October 2015, So yes at this point i have reached out to Hopper labs in regards to this. I have high hopes they will do the proper thing and ship my single SS hopper order with this next batch.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yes it was i found out about the Grasshopper a couple months too late Feb 16th 2014 to be exact. I immediately got put on this wait list to be emailed for first dibs on pre orders but forgotten, And to make it worse i didn't come back to the threads till August 2015 wondering when the hell pre orders will start, At that point in a upset panic placed my order knowing thousand's of people had been allowed to cut in front of me. i just didn't think it would take nearly as long as it has to ship. I honestly thought they would have been order a hopper today get it in a few days by October 2015, So yes at this point i have reached out to Hopper labs in regards to this. I have high hopes they will do the proper thing and ship my single SS hopper order with this next batch.

So in February 2014 you signed up for a preorder waiting list and you never paid any money? Now you think you deserve to get moved to the front of the line because you missed your chance to place an order when preorders on the site opened up?

Sorry but I don't see how that's fair to the rest of the people who gave their money over a year ago and haven't received anything yet

Vapor Loop

So in February 2014 you signed up for a preorder waiting list and you never paid any money? Now you think you deserve to get moved to the front of the line because you missed your chance to place an order when preorders on the site opened up?

Sorry but I don't see how that's fair to the rest of the people who gave their money over a year ago and haven't received anything yet

I attempted to give them money from the start and they wouldn't take it. I was NEVER given the chance i even confirmed with them i would get to pre order first. I don't get why you think this is my fault. I was before a lot of people i expect to be properly placed before people that inquired after me that's the only proper thing to do. I also let them know i don't like the fact they let people add to orders and ship it all at once.

Vapor Loop,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
You will get whatever GHL decides of course but I'm with @Ratchett

It was a case of you forgetting about things until August 2015 when you just went ahead to the store and bought it? The store had been open for pre-orders all year long... I could see a month or maybe a couple month grace period. Not this long.

Krazzykid

I attempted to give them money from the start and they wouldn't take it. I was NEVER given the chance i even confirmed with them i would get to pre order first. I don't get why you think this is my fault. I was before a lot of people i expect to be properly placed before people that inquired after me that's the only proper thing to do. I also let them know i don't like the fact they let people add to orders and ship it all at once.
It goes in the order that you actually paid them money. The better part of a years worth of preorders were placed and paid for before you. Those people will get theirs before you plain and simple.

It sucks that you didn't get to place your order earlier. Some of that blame is on you as well though since you didn't check back in on the project until August 2015.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that bad news, but if you didn't actually order and pay until August 2015 you aren't going to get moved to the front of the line.

Last edited:

Vapor Loop

It goes in the order that you actually paid them money. Nearly a whole years worth of preorders were placed and paid for before you. Those people will get theirs before you plain and simple.

It sucks that you didn't get to place your order earlier. Some of that blame is on you as well though since you didn't check back in on the project until August 2015.

I had there money sitting here for them since Feb 16th 2014 this is no brain buster people, It's not my fault i stayed away from a ridiculous thread because i was assured email notice from the manufacturer, You can't put blame on me.

Edit @seaofgreens I didn't forget anything and don't appreciate you saying i did.

Last edited:
Vapor Loop,
Top Bottom