The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majordude2626

I was always concerned about this, since the ff2 is so reliant on the app. Sounds like once/if the new app comes out the ff2 will be much better because you can change temp on the device. Can someone tell me if the new app is out for android? If this persist, i would consider getting a cheap android device. I noticed this on on Sat. so we are close to a week with this issue.

@Smokinjoe edit: I read on another board that you might be able to get the app by going into updates/purchased apps on your ios device. Goto app store, go to your updates/purchased apps. I don't know if this works, but a worth a shot.

Last edited:
Majordude2626,

Pipiemcpipe

Thanks for all the tips had it 2 days and it's great (only used dry flower) sometimes you think you can't be getting anything because it's so cool temp of vape. I found when I first used it it worked great (without phone ) second time it seemed to be drawing too much air easily ,so I slid the lid backwards (away from mouth piece ) it sealed better and worked great again . Second day I open phone app and played around with the ramp up temp method . So far I love it glad I made the purchase . It does get pretty hot on the hand for me (small solo sessions ) it would be too hot to hold with palm and uncomfortable on fingers near end of session .

Pipiemcpipe,

Smokinjoe

I've had mine a while.

Never really got it working well. Where u can blow out clouds of vapor.

I have a mighty. It's a beast.

But I was going to buy the ff2 when I got the mighty. Glad I found one used here.

Smokinjoe,

Saman65

I received my ff2 two nights ago and since I have had a blast. I had never tried a firefly or a convection only vaporizer before.
I absolutely don't mind the draw resistance and I actually kinda like it. As far as the "learning curve", I did knot how how to use it two nights ago and 3 hours later I was ripped...
I got mine form for 190 and I must admit it is in a great shape and condition other than this annoying sound!
Has anybody seen and heard this sound from their vaporizer or knowing that other people might have?
It seems to be a little space between the unit and covers on the side and when I push it just below the touch sensor, it is making this sound!
Is this something I should care about?
I appreciate your comments in advance :)

I’ve had my FF2 for over a year. I finally tried the @stickstones method of shoving in a whole bud, taking 3 draws, flipping it, taking 3 more, crumbling the dried bud in my fingers, putting back in the bowl, and taking a few more. I liked it! No grinder necessary. I recommend trying this.
I always use this method though I use two draws cause I use a high temp.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Vaporcussion

How many more days before we have an app to change temperature? Someone mentioned the upgrade will give users the ability to change temps without the app; that would be great. Is it true?

Vaporcussion,

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
I dont see the Pax app either, someone correct me if im wrong. But a search for "pax 3" or "pax" gives no vape app results. crafty app is still working, and updated as well. but theyre not "officially" for cannabis. I think IF theyre actually censoring Vape Apps, well 1) im glad i have an older android device for backup which DOES work with FF2. 2) i would have to say i Really really would have trouble continuing to use apple products.

On another note, it DOES WORK ON AIRPLANE MODE FULLY.

But if this really is a censorship thing, thats just so fucked of Apple. And it kinda ruins some promises the Firefly devs make when selling it. i know FF what said, im just noticing the sudden lack of vape apps in the search

PS google still shows both the Pax and Firefly apps, and the Pax opens but FF doesnt. I guess if it was truly blanket vape ban on apple, theyd def get rid of the Pax app also, maybe Crafty too.

So im holding my breath for a fix. I dont mean to sound paranoid but apple store is known for this kind of thing

Last edited:
FractaLSD,

buckhakeesah

Yes to that!

On a different note.... regarding FF2 batteries, I stocked up during their bogo sale. Should I be charging these new ones in rotation as best practice or am I OK leaving them new in box stored away for when I truly need them? For now, one battery has kept me going just fine as I have others that take over when necessary.

buckhakeesah,
Yes to that!

On a different note.... regarding FF2 batteries, I stocked up during their bogo sale. Should I be charging these new ones in rotation as best practice or am I OK leaving them new in box stored away for when I truly need them? For now, one battery has kept me going just fine as I have others that take over when necessary.
from my understanding unused batteries deteriorate and live just as long as unabused new ones. Batteries can be stored in fridge not freezer at 40% charge for up to 10 years.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: buckhakeesah

jay87

Man, would I love to see a FF3 with a WIDE OPEN DRAW

I want a vertical FF3 with a more open draw, easier vapor production, better battery, and a similar vapor path. Oh and no more overheating too!!

My favorite parts of the FF2 are the vapor path, flavor, and how easy it is to clean, least favorite parts are overheating, short battery life, and horizontal usage with proprietary non-mateable mouthpiece.

My dream portable vape is FF2 flavor and vapor path, Mighty vapor production and ease of use, with the IQ body and batteries :drool:

fogbank

The FF2 made me pack up my Grasshopper. Beats it in every area imo. Very happy with it!

I love my FF2s, but for me they cannot beat the Grasshopper for stealth. I like the FF2 because you can see (and stir) the material much more easily, and the battery lasts a lot longer, but mine never leave the house. On the other hand my Grasshoppers can go almost anywhere with me.

FF2 visually resembles a big "electronic" weed bowl. GH resembles a pen. And the GH gets me where I want to be faster than the FF2.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I use my vapes exactly the same way, FF2 only at home GH everywhere including on a bong at home
I love my FF2s, but for me they cannot beat the Grasshopper for stealth. I like the FF2 because you can see (and stir) the material much more easily, and the battery lasts a lot longer, but mine never leave the house. On the other hand my Grasshoppers can go almost anywhere with me.

FF2 visually resembles a big "electronic" weed bowl. GH resembles a pen. And the GH gets me where I want to be faster than the FF2.

slcbdco,

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I just picked one of these up second hand. Such a good deal I couldn't resist. When I ordered it it inspired me to break out the original (which I never bonded with) and give it a spin to prepare me. I think learning and mastering the Milaana really made the FF1 easy to use when trying it again. It was ahead of its time...

The FF2 for anyone who complains I don't know why. I found it very easy to master and get tasty clouds quickly. I love this thing and am really glad I decided to give it a try. I received it the same day as my Zion. And they are both being out through the tests.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Its been a little while now. I guess airplane mode will have to do. I just keep it on high 100% tuning anyway but its nice to switch to medium high for certain nugs

I use my vapes exactly the same way, FF2 only at home GH everywhere including on a bong at home

Why not just go all the way and use a pen with c02 extract if youre all about stealth? Just cause i see them everywhere now and i dont live in a state with even any real dispensaries (just some bs MMJ on record but even people with cancer i know dont use it)

Or any good oil pen and an inconspicuous battery. you can vape pretty much anywhere if youre careful

I’ve had my FF2 for over a year. I finally tried the @stickstones method of shoving in a whole bud, taking 3 draws, flipping it, taking 3 more, crumbling the dried bud in my fingers, putting back in the bowl, and taking a few more. I liked it! No grinder necessary. I recommend trying this.

What i do is i just crush the buds gently with my fingers, but theyre still pretty whole (compared to the fine grind for other vapes, especially). I find it works best with stuff thats about as consistent as packing a regular bowl. I tend to get like 20 pulls off a bowl this way

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom