1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RobDaBomb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Splorgle

Splorgle Actively Dismembered

Yup. Back when I first got my FF2, I put it in the cradle for the first time, and immediately ordered the external charger lol.

mitchgo61 likes this.
  2. TheBandit

TheBandit Member

Does anyone have a good technique for gathering reclaim? I'm using mine with concentrates for the first time and I love it, but there's a lot of honey building up on the lid.

3. Saman65

Saman65 Well-Known Member

May I ask why did you sell you ff2?

BTW Hello everybody. I just sold my only portable crafty yesterday and doing my research to get a new one. There is a 80% chance that would be a firefly 2 and 20% that it would be another crafty :).

4. jay87

jay87 Well-Known Member

It's very easy and very nice, just use a razor blade and be careful not to touch the seal. Scrape the razor with a needle and voila you can put that right back onto the concentrate pad :leaf:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Saman65

Can somebody answer this armature question? Can you vape holding ff2 vertically/ with a downward plunge or is has to be horizontally in order to produce vapor?

6. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

I have been able to use the FF2 in a vertical position. I put a stainless screen on top of the bowl to keep the herbs from spilling for safe measure.

Cheers,

Tiny88

Saman65 likes this.
  7. Saman65

Thank you.
    "stainless screen on top of the bowl"
    I did that on my crafty. It stopped my half filled bowl from flowing and was an extra filter as well.

I'm thinking about getting it from Ebay. Some ( claimed to be ) Authorized retailers have a really good deal at this time. 280 USD after tax and import which is around 350 CAD. That is $150 cheaper than Canadian vendors.

I'm just finishing up my research before making the final decision .

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Tiny88 likes this.
  8. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

I got my FF2 on Craigslist, as long as you have the serial #, you can confirm with Firefly to see if it is a legit unit, you can also find out all the product details i.e. where it was purchased, warranty life, etc. I ended up getting mine for about $300 CDN ($240 USD), and it was brand new still in plastic wrap.

Cheers,

Tiny88

CbdLife and Saman65 like this.
  9. CbdLife

CbdLife Well-Known Member

I also got mine off craigslist
    I got for $200 , sent it to firefly for a cleaning and they replaced the bowl/ restrictor plate , and maybe something else.
    So for like $240 I have a pretty much new unit
    They told me where it originally retailed at , made a long journey across the US to get to my hands in Cali.
    Love my Firefly 2 , I wake and bake with it daily

10. TheBandit

TheBandit Member

Nice technique! I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion -- looks like it works well.

11. Saman65

Do you miss your crafty in terms of vapor quality, production and overall vaping experience? I absolutely adored my crafty so did my friends and had no issues with it beside the battery life which was still pretty decent. It was giving me three sessions considering I had it for 2 years. I wanted to cash it out before it breaks on me.
    I originally paid 340 CAD for it, including a free 3 piece grinder. The original one stopped working after three months and great S&B C&S sent me a brand new replacement w/ tons of spares. I sold it off this week with 51 hours on it for 240 CAD.

I have watched countless review videos and have read half of this thread but still have some doubts about ff2 for my needs. I only use herbs and rarely do any concentrates but ff might change that,

Having to stir the bowl 2,3 times is my only problem with this device, but on demand heating and replaceable battery are way more important to me.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to try firefly before and all my info are based on other users description.
    My admiration for Evo is the reason I'm going for convection only portable this time around and have read a dozen times ff2 is the cloud evo of the portables.

12. CbdLife

Smart move cashing in on your Crafty while you could.
    I miss my Crafty, I had no issues with mine.
    I do like the vapor quality of the Firefly 2 more than the Crafty.
    I do not like to stir the FF2 , I put a concentrate pad on top of my herb so it retains heat a bit more which I feel allows me to get enough extraction in one hit .
    I sold my Crafty to cash in like you, and I honestly felt my old arizer solo had better flavor, which is one of the things I look for most in a vape, that and cool vapor. ( Although we probably all do lol) I used my Crafty for a couple puffs to get medicated , so I did not really session it hard , maybe a couple of go arounds at buddies house
    Crafty was my portable for awhile, I have a IQ now for my most of the time on the go.
    The Crafty was a awesome device , and I have no complaints.
    I bought the FF2 on a impulse, I could have sold it a couple times now , but I just think its a great device for how I use it..., I kept it because it does give me that one/ two good puffs of great vapor , and within like 1 minute I am done
    I am going to get the Ghost MV1 , and If it is not better than the Firefly2 in every way, I will return it as VC offers that option if you buy from his link.
    I am interested in the Boundless CFX 2.0, looks like it could be a great device as well. Would provide a unique experience if it is really adjustable conduction and convection, I imagine you could get a great session when you dial in those ratios to personal taste

Mad_Max and Saman65 like this.
  13. Saman65

300 CAD for a brand new is a steal!

Thank you for your great info. I'm waiting for MV1 feedback as well even though its size only might be enough to pull me off. I'll read more on CFX 2.0

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Tiny88 likes this.
  14. CbdLife

Oops, in my last post I should have been more clear when I said I like Firefly 2 vapor quality more.
    I feel it's cooler and easier on my throat and had better flavor , but that is my personal opinion.

Saman65 and mitchgo61 like this.
  15. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

@Saman65

- you might want to check out the Healthy Rips Fury (and the other rebrands). I just picked one up, the vapor quality is awesome with dry herbs. I am still trying to perfect it with concentrates. The price tag on the Fury is around $139 USD, the company (Healthy Rips) is usually pretty generous with their discounts, so I got one for $119 USD.

If concentrates is your main staple, I might wait until more posts come in. I have not gotten very big clouds using my Fury with shatter.

Saman65 likes this.
  16. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Travel kit for the FF2. I love building kits!

[​IMG]

-the Maldon Smoked Sea Salt case is my stash container.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Riverpeth, lluiscat, CbdLife and 3 others like this.
  17. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Hey all , i recently have come to receive a FF2 . Been using it the past 2 days and thought maybe someone can give me some pointers as my usage has varied. I have so far tried both concentrate and flower following tips on this thread and some youtube reviewers . My personal experience so far has been with concentrates , i have to pull very hard after melting it into the pad to get some decent clouds and when i do i only average 2-4 hits , same with my flower and a full packing with 1 stir in between. I started with the medium setting for flower and have since bumped up to high , its funny bc i will only get maybe one or two visible clouds with a full packing and stir. Maybe i need some more time with it as i like the look and almost everything about it so far besides my results from use. Airflow is free flowing but i don't get production really unless i pull pretty hard m checked the mp and screen area and it all seems to be clear. I have only used it maybe 3x so far so. I'm gonna get to practicing more but i have been using the same material i use in all my other vapes.

Tiny88 likes this.
  18. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

This right here may very well be your problem.

A properly-functioning FF is unlikely to meet anyone's criteria for "free-flowing". The draw should feel at least a little restricted. It generates vapor in part by the way it restricts draw.

So, if you really feel like it's "airy", there's probably a leak. Check the lid seal and make sure it's clean and has no debris that can inhibit it from seating properly. Make sure it's sitting in its groove (it should sort of snap into place). Make sure the mouthpiece is on tight (again, there's a decisive little snap when it's fully in its slot). An easy way to diagnose this: if you can squeeze the lid while drawing and you suddenly get more restriction (and subsequently great vapor), you've got a seal issue somewhere.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Jill NYC likes this.
  19. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Ty buddy , unfortunately i have all those things down pat from the video's i have watched , i always make sure the cover is seated properly and seals and the mp i have taken off once so far and clicked it back into place. Hmm , maybe i just need to get more familiar with it like any vape. The few big hits i did get were very satisfying. I also did notice that not always will the green light blink when pushing both pressure sensors , they usually will my 1st hit and than randomly when i hit them it just goes solid green so i wait until i see the walls in he chamber start to glow and than hit it. Is there a way to actually get in there and clean the airpath ?as i see a hole above the mp and under the lid but it does not seam like its meant to be poked into. Can you pop the mp off and take a little iso and pipe cleaner and get in there ?

mitchgo61 likes this.
  20. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Congrats on your new FF2. Yes, the FF2 requires a little getting use to. I keep my temp at MEDIUM, I did have it at MED/HIGH but I found it a little harsh. I have found the FF2 a little deceiving... that is you may not get a lot of visible vapor when you exhale, doesn't mean you are not getting high.

Also a courser grinder is better. I also make sure the bowl is nicely packed. I stir the bowl after each hit. The pull is a like a constant even intake, slow and steady.

Hope this helps.

Tiny88

mitchgo61 and Justpassedu like this.
  21. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

OK, the reason I thought the seal might be the culprit is due to your description of the airflow. Again, it should be something you'd describe as "restricted". If you don't notice any difference when applying lid pressure while drawing, it's not the seal.
    Yes, and yes. And yes. :lol:

That little slot is the airpath to the mouthpiece...the vapor just flows up out of the bowl, over the metal plate (and under the lid, inside of the seal) and through that teeny slot into the mouthpiece. Remove the mouthpiece and you likely won't need iso in there....any implement, even a brush, will clear the slot (and the port right below it where the mouthpiece sits). You should always keep that slot clean....it and the mouthpiece can get clogged with debris pretty easily. (I suspect this isn't your problem, again because you'd find the draw very restricted if the vapor path were blocked...)

Jill NYC and Justpassedu like this.
  22. Kezzzzz

Kezzzzz New Member

hey, just got a new firefly vaporizer this week. bought this one mainly for on demand vaping, since trying to finish my friends pax 2 bowl alone was too much thc for me. Firefly 2 does not produce a lot of visible vapor unless you have back to back drags. but it still medicates me pretty well. the first time i was having this in low light conditions i thought it was spoilt. till i got hit ! also on medium heat setting you should be able to taste your weed. also if your airflow is not restricted then check if mouthpiece is loose or if the mouthpiece screen is bent. happened to me.

Justpassedu likes this.
  23. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

I only break it out once or twice a month, but holy fuck, when you get this vape dialed in for concentrates......it's flavortown on the way to a coma:cheers::spliff::smug:

24. Riverpeth

Riverpeth New Member

Do you happen to sell these? This looks perfect!

25. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

mixchu69 and Paka-cholo like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors