The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
I found out online on iOS anyway if you make sure the app is closed enable airplane mode, then bluetooth. Open app and it should connect fine, if you need to do a Firmware update then also turn on wi-fi. Has worked for me until they update the app

Robob,

Reggie Watts

Cool firmware update!

Just came here to report that the new temperature slider isn't working for me, even though it says my firmware is up to date, but the calibration is still working. (Galaxy S8)

Also, under Device Info, the Device Name and Register Device keep trying to load (spinning red icon) indefinitely, although the Serial Number is shown.

Reggie Watts,

JustsVapeityo

I got that app update as well. Temperature slider isn't working on Note 8, Shield Tablet, One+One, and S7 Edge. I kinda suspect it hasn't updated the firmware at all yet. The app mentions it doing it automatically and the lights flashing while it happens, never saw anything like that. App shows up to date firmware at version 1.9. Anyone not update the app yet that can check their firmware to verify?

Update: looks like the right firmware is on their server now and it updates and works right

Last edited:
JustsVapeityo,

Fumegante

BR420LIAN Roots
I got that app update as well. Temperature slider isn't working on Note 8, Shield Tablet, One+One, and S7 Edge. I kinda suspect it hasn't updated the firmware at all yet. The app mentions it doing it automatically and the lights flashing while it happens, never saw anything like that. App shows up to date firmware at version 1.9. Anyone not update the app yet that can check their firmware to verify?

I was having the same issues on my S8 plus but I went to check my firmware version just now and it uploaded again and now my temp. slider works.

Edit: sorry, my firmware is 3.26 now

Last edited:
Fumegante,
Reactions: mitchgo61

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
For iPhone users out there ... I got this from Firefly support. If you can have a friend with a Droid allow you to use their phone to download the new firmware, you can then manually set the temperature on your FF2 using the buttons as follows until Firefly resolves the iPhone issue with Apple:

First, press and hold the right button
Tap the left button 3 times, just like checking the temperature (while still holding the right button)
This puts the Firefly 2 into "temperature setting" mode
The LED blinks red 1 to 7 times, to indicate what the current set temperature is.
Tapping the left button again (while still holding the right button) now sets the temperature to:

1 tap (Ultra Low): 250F
2 taps (Low): 310F
3 taps (Med Low): 340F
4 taps (Med): 370F
5 taps (Med High): 400F
6 taps: (High): 430F
7 taps (Concentrates): 480F

I haven't been able to change the temperature setting without the app as yet using the procedure. I have been able to see the current temperature setting but haven't been successful at changing ... I'm waiting for a response from FF Support ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Majordude2626

@NYC_Frank I read on another board someone had the same problem. I can't find the thread but they were told to make sure to uninstall delete the old version of the app. before installing the new version. The person stated that they uninstalled and deleted the app. Then reinstalled and it was all good. I have iOS so I can't test it out, and I do have an android device but I don't want to update the firmware and risk not being able to use with my iPhone.

NYC_Frank

Thanks much ... it worked

The only reason I got myself into this mess is I deleted the app from my iPhone when it stopped working in late September thinking that I would reinstall it ...

I haven't been able to change the temperature setting without the app as yet using the procedure. I have been able to see the current temperature setting but haven't been successful at changing ... I'm waiting for a response from FF Support ...
There was one step missing from the procedure at the very end .... After tapping in the new temperature settings you need to wait a second or so for the unit to respond back with the new setting ...

There was one step missing from the procedure at the very end .... After tapping in the new temperature settings you need to wait a second or so for the unit to respond back with the new setting ...

UPDATED PROCEDURE FOR MANUALLY ADJUSTING TEMPERATURE

Tap the left button 3 times, just like checking the temperature (while still holding the right button)
The LED blinks red 1 to 7 times, to indicate what the current set temperature is.
Tapping the left button again (while still holding the right button) now sets the temperature to:

After tapping in the new temperature setting on the left button wait for the Firefly to respond back flashing the new temperature setting. Only then should you remove your finger from the right button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brewervapesalot

After tapping in the new temperature setting on the left button wait for the Firefly to respond back flashing the new temperature setting. Only then should you remove your finger from the right button.

Love it !

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: NYC_Frank
Love it !
That works thanks

It works so well. The app is needed for firmware upgrade but then u might never use the app again until new firmware. I set the temp using the app and then saw that the red flashes matched the new temp. This has been my favorite vape (mv1 is challenging it now) and this makes it quite a bit better.

Last edited:

JmVape1988

Which designs do you guys have? I have the blue and black one. :sherlock::sherlock:
20171027_130953.jpg

Just saw they now have zebra wood and oak design available - looks nice. I actually wanted to get jet black version tony mentions in his ranking, but now I am not sure anymore. :\

JmVape1988,

NYC_Frank

Another great thing about the App upgrade is that when you register your Firefly through the app you receive an email for $20 you can use for a purchase of $40 or more ... Here comes that jet black lid I've been wanting ...

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This is the key....don't remove your finger from the right button.

There's a bit of a non-intuitive lag before you get the response flash...I think this throws people off. Keep holding the right button! :lol:

NYC_Frank

I got it from Firefly support as I had an open ticket for my iPhone that I could no longer use to change FF temperature due to the loss of the Apple app ... Initially (last week) they wanted me to ship to them so they could hardcode the firmware change ... I know i didnt have anything to do with it but the night before they released the new app and firmware change I had written them suggesting they release the firmware update to the Droid users ...that way I could use a friends phone to update my FF. The very next day I got an email update to my ticket telling me the new update was released to Android. Unbelievable cool.

They included all the instructions in the email but left out the last entry about waiting for a confirmation from the FF with the new setting.

All's good ... It's Friday ... And I'm celebrating right now ... Happy Weekend everybody :smug:

NYC_Frank

FYI...Firefly just resolved the IOS app issues they were having and the app is now back in the store ready for download. If you search for "Firefly Vapor" you will find the app.
Thanks ... Just downloaded it ...

NYC_Frank,

Fumegante

BR420LIAN Roots

The only reason I got myself into this mess is I deleted the app from my iPhone when it stopped working in late September thinking that I would reinstall it ...

I got different temp. profiles for some reason. Android though.

1. 320F
2. 340F
3. 360F
4. 380F
5. 400F
6. 420F
7. 500F (concentrates)

I got these readings by changing the temp. manually and watching it change real time on the app.

On another note, it's a little finicky to dial in the temps manually. You need the exact rhythm for it to work and it's hard to explain it, since it's neither a fast movement nor a slow one either... So if you're not getting it, try changing the "pace" of your taps and like people said, do keep the right button pressed throughout the whole process.

dadan

yessssssssss

buckhakeesah

To me, not much difference in performance, the way I use it. You still have that draw restriction to compete with and when you're like me with multiple backups you have to re-focus your breathing technique every time you pick this one up.

I still love the experience and performance it brings me. The taste, smoothness and the state it puts me in almost every time really is why I would reach for this if I'm just lounging around with time to kill. It makes my mediocre stuff more enjoyable. I'm happy we are getting updates from FF and the refinement of their software is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I would say performance has improved. Just having a wider temp range in itself is an improvement. I love that we can finally change temp without the app.
This is for me a super improvement as I can change the temp on the device so easily that now I go from cool to hot during session before it was too much of a hassle so I left it on pretty hot. This vape is very consistent once i used the whole bud sticksandstones technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom