• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The FC Bubbler by PlanetVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
How about some books beneath it, or something to elevate it SliM?

I used to do that... but I broke a piece because the book shifted. I have become very ultra cautious with my glass. I don't like to take risks anymore. I supposed I could build some short of wooden shelf/tray like unit. I am really weird about my glass... I don't like to set it down on certain surfaces. I only like to rest my glass on bamboo wood trays, it is a softer wood so less likely to cause damage. An elevated bamboo tray might work.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: MrNorml

Polmol

I liked the original long neck as well.

Who will make the actual bubbs? Planet Vape only have Black Leaf and I've read BL is China glass... but correct me if I'm wrong. Is Black Leaf a good buy?

One last question: WHEN CAN I BUY THE FC BUBBLER??? :)

Polmol,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I
I agree that 9 inches seems to be the standard. Which is also why I don't like most bubblers. It is a personal preference. I am very tall... so most things are not designed for me. Personally, 9 inch Bubblers are about 3 inches too short for me. It makes it so I have to bend over further which stresses my back. Imagine quasimodo... that is how I look hunched over hitting a short bubbler.

I did not think about holding it. I don't hold my Bubblers anymore. I could see how it would make it a little difficult to hold with a longer neck. I prefer for a Bubbler/tube to be long enough that I can set it in my lap and still reach my mouth. In general though for me anything below 10 inches is an automatic no buy for me. :(
Maybe PlanetVape could have a few long neck versions made up for you basketball players. :)

The hex base is less expensive to use because of the labor needed to turn a round one on the lathe. The hex base was suggested by an FC member and seeing as it cost slightly less to use due to labor savings, we used those savings to put towards increasing the glass wall thickness from 2.2 to 3.2mm heavy wall glass. We will need to check again about pricing for round base and 3.2mm heavy wall glass.
Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case with the production costs but I've never seen a hex base being attached and wasn't able to find much info. I should say that the size of the hex base in the pic you posted is relatively a lot wider than the ones on my pieces and it looks rock solid stable. Thicker tubing while keeping the price the same is a good thing.

This is fun project, it's nice to learn more about the details of things that are normally overlooked, as well getting an idea of what features people want in a piece like this.

Edit:

I liked the original long neck as well.

Who will make the actual bubbs? Planet Vape only have Black Leaf and I've read BL is China glass... but correct me if I'm wrong. Is Black Leaf a good buy?

One last question: WHEN CAN I BUY THE FC BUBBLER??? :)
Most of your questions have been answered already. Some in the first post. Let's also stay on topic, please.

Polmol

Well I know it'll be all american made, but it doesn't say in the first post if they are making it themselves. Actually, none of my questions are answered in the first post.

I apologize for the BL question.

p.s. Any idea when they'll be able to ship this baby?

Polmol,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Your previous question about the joint size was answered in the first post. The point is that you should read the thread before asking questions. Post #185 has information about ordering.

vtac,

Polmol

Your previous question about the joint size was answered in the first post. The point is that you should read the thread before asking questions. Post #185 has information about ordering.

thanks, I know and I did read the thread, but I must've missed it (I recently installed a new OS (jolicloud) and for some reason it has this crazy font on my TV for FC, it's hard to read)

Polmol,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
The orientation of the hex base is such that the flat part will rest along the table edge to bring the mouthpiece closer to you = less bending forward.
In the end both bases are very stable and more or less just boils down to personal preference, smokum makes a good point that if you needed to tilt it back or forth for any reason, the flat edge of the hex base will make it a lot easier to keep stable while tilted.
So the flat side of the hex *is* facing the user? It didn't look like that on the photo. If it is then I'll change my vote to the hex ;)

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I used to do that... but I broke a piece because the book shifted. I have become very ultra cautious with my glass. I don't like to take risks anymore. I supposed I could build some short of wooden shelf/tray like unit. I am really weird about my glass... I don't like to set it down on certain surfaces. I only like to rest my glass on bamboo wood trays, it is a softer wood so less likely to cause damage. An elevated bamboo tray might work.

Yeah, you could getva block and drill a hole into ir the size of the base ad well,wouldnt be too hard and easy to finish

Mynameismud,

mistergyro

just to double check, are we sure the cloud will work with the FC bubbler? I mean, it's got to right!?

mistergyro,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I know this is slightly off topic, but it plays in to what I was talking about with height in bubblers. So today I got myself a bubbler which I consider to be the perfect height and form factor. It is about 12 inches tall. I can comfortably leave it sitting on the table and barely lean in to hit it. I just wanted to share with this thread the form/size. It is a really good example of the height and form factor I look for.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Love that recessed (or whatever the fuck its technically called) joint, the low center of gravity and wide base...
That's called a Dewaar joint. The more you know!

I'd /love/ the 9 inch version. I had a 13" tube that was great, but I want something a little smaller.

Quetzalcoatl,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hi PV...
I really like your new showerhead for the bubbler, I like the bubble in the mouthpiece as well, well done...
I don't really care that much about the length of the mouthpiece, but I really care about the volume of that can, IMO that showerhead is huge in comparison to the can volume...
I have a similar water tool, an A/C with almost the same specs as what are you making, and it is a chugger and has a lot of splashback.
IMO big volume shower heads brings chug and bubbles splashing to the can instead of fizzing in the water...
Most of the vaporizers nowadays are real vapor/clouds producers, and IMO small water volume and can volume only brings a little bit of harshness in high temp vaping.
Maybe is already too late, but, would it add costs to increase the lenght of the can 1" taller???
What would be the tallest can in the thickest glass you can add without increasing the final price???
Besides, wouldn't be cheaper to have a taller can than messing around with mouthpieces lengths and angles and whatever????

Also I have noticed that, for example, in my big bong DIY made of a Vodka Holland Bong bottle, 1 Liter volume, 33.8 fl oz, I put a small volume showerhead, when I mean small volume is that the diameter of the downstem is barely smaller than the showerhead itself.
And it works great, it fizzes, looks almost like a fritted disk perc, IMO this is because air tends to escape in a faster way coming from a wider ground joint, then a thinner downstem, and then almost a same size showerhead diffuser.
I swear is like looking at foam coming from water, not bubbles :nod: and the sound is like a fizz mixed with turbulence from air escaping fast from the perc, does it makes sense???
I'll need to post some video of it, with the new showerhead on it.
You have in stock a clear example of what I mean with your Toro Micro Circ replica from Black Leaf.
You need to create kind of a bottleneck in the middle of all that airway to make some fizzy bubbles.
As I said this is IMO, it's not scientifically proved, just test and retest proved by myself.

Thanks and sorry about the rant... Keep the great job and thanks for being open to listen...

Quetzalcoatl

Never say sorry when you're offering positive constructive criticism! WE are the people that have pushed the idea of an FC bubbler for so long, PlanetVape is listening to what we want while trying to keep things within our price range. I'm positive any advice/opinions like yours are accepted with open arms and careful eyes :)

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Hi Everyone,

Looks like a majority vote on the logo for the downstem, almost 50% for this:

M5wYd.png

The size is almost like above as the downstem is pretty short.

The flat side of the hex base will be facing the user, it is very stable, knocking the neck won't tip it over, it will just slide it a bit.

The PV FC Bubbler is designed by FC members from the original unofficial FC Bubbler thread. Although there have been only 2 official prototypes, we have designed and tested a lot more showerheads. If you look on page 1 you will see the close up shows the narrowing and smaller volume you speak of, here it is again:

FYPPq.png

This design worked extremely well and what surprised us the most is it has literally no drag, even less than the highly rated micro circ. We are still trying other designs while we wait for the logo template to be made to see if anything works better without a labor cost increase.

So far all of the showerheads purrr, no chug or glug. The expansion chamber works great, there isn't any splash back unless you pull insanely hard on purpose with nothing connected to the bubbler and you are trying to force splash back.

All our testing has been on an 18mm joint and downstem so we are not sure how the dynamics will change on a 14mm joint and downstem. If we build them 18mm only, is everyone okay with using a reducer if 14mm is required?

Peace and Love,
PV

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
So pretty and it is great when a company listens to the people that know. There are a lot of smart people on this site.:clap:

Quetzalcoatl

I was just thinking the same thing... PlanetVape, use a black blanket or some sort of dark background! The bright white almost clear pictures hurt my poor little eyes :(

I can barely keep them open as it is... :razz:

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Great work, that shows the venturi design very well, the Piranha incorporates that venturi aspect as well. Props to vtac, the only one who asked us about the restriction / venturi effect when we first posted that picture.

We can take photos against a black background, taking glass photos against white and trying to keep it from looking grey is very difficult, the black might be easier.

Thanks,
PV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom