The FC Bubbler by PlanetVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobewan

Has there been a pre-order for this or are we all just waiting for the hammer to drop?

Adobewan,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Has there been a pre-order for this or are we all just waiting for the hammer to drop?
It will be available to order when there is something available to order. :D

I'm sure Robert will have some more info when he posts the aforementioned pictures. While we're on the topic of PlanetVape, I have to say I'm consistently impressed by the incredible level of service provided with every order. Ordered something this morning, tracking number by 17:30, expected delivery tomorrow. Even if the service was shit I'd still order because of their great selection of hard to acquire items. By far the number one vape store in Canada as far as I'm concerned. The number of happy American customers posting in the Planet Vape thread says a lot too. Thanks for making this bubbler happen, Rob and keep up the great work. :tup:

It will be available to order when there is something available to order. :D

I'm sure Robert will have some more info when he posts the aforementioned pictures. While we're on the topic of PlanetVape, I have to say I'm consistently impressed by the incredible level of service provided with every order. Ordered something this morning, tracking number by 17:30, expected delivery tomorrow. Even if the service was shit I'd still order because of their great selection of hard to acquire items. By far the number one vape store in Canada as far as I'm concerned. The number of happy American customers posting in the Planet Vape thread says a lot too. Thanks for making this bubbler happen, Rob and keep up the great work. :tup:

Yeah I've been really pleased with PV too. Certainly can't beat next day delivery in Canada. Or the free bag of chips. I just wish they'd allow brick and mortar sales.

MrNorml

Then buy something else. I personally love the idea of having FUCKCOMBUSTION on it. Not only does it give props to this website but i can just picture my non vaporist friends now saying "hey can we smoke out of the bubbler?". NO read the label
I suppose the number of people who would pass the deal because it didn't say FuckCombustion as opposed to e.g. FC is a larger force than those who would OK FC w/o a problem but not FUCK on it. Apparently there would be a loss either way with a larger loss to those requiring FUCK and refusing to purchase if it has 'just'' FC than the other way... It's all marketing and I guess you guys have all this figured out. Just thought my different perspective would be of some merit but clearly not . . . Now I'm wondering why my screen says FC Bubbler and not Fuck Combustion Bubbler because that's just a misnomer relying on a proven market stratety of using a word vs a series of 2 letters...

MrNorml,

placetime

I suppose the number of people who would pass the deal because it didn't say FuckCombustion as opposed to e.g. FC is a larger force than those who would OK FC w/o a problem but not FUCK on it. Apparently there would be a loss either way with a larger loss to those requiring FUCK and refusing to purchase if it has 'just'' FC than the other way... It's all marketing and I guess you guys have all this figured out. Just thought my different perspective would be of some merit but clearly not . . . Now I'm wondering why my screen says FC Bubbler and not Fuck Combustion Bubbler because that's just a misnomer relying on a proven market stratety of using a word vs a series of 2 letters...

I wonder what the poll will say... ;)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fc-or-fuck-combustion-bubbler.7208/

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Thanks for all the great input and ideas on the PV FC Bubbler everyone.

We also like the idea of interchangeable mouthpieces and think they can certainly be implemented in a future product. For the FC Bubbler though, we don't want to make any changes this far in that will for sure raise the cost, it would require 2 more North American made joints and the labor to add them to each Bubbler adding to the cost.

The next prototype is completed with all the changes requested and we should be receiving it on Monday. Will get photos done and posted as soon as possible once we receive it. Hopefully we can get some bubbling action in a video too a few days later after some testing.

We posted in placetime's FC Bubbler logo poll http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fc-or-fuck-combustion-bubbler.7208/

Thinking of one exactly like this, remember it is on the front of the downstem, inside the bubbler and because of the frosted appearance, it doesn't scream out at you, it will be small and subtle, almost this exact size as the downstem is very short, it is also leading the poll right now..

M5wYd.png

Is another week enough time time for everyone interested to cast their vote? If we give it until Sunday October 7 at midnight PST, we can then place the order for the template on Monday October 8, which takes about 2 weeks to get made.

Pre-orders can begin once the design is finalized.

PV

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
As jeppy mentioned in the other thread, I think it would look a bit better if it could be read vertically, as opposed to horizontally & rotated 90 degrees.

Either way things are shaping up nicely :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Purpl3_Haz3

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Loving everything about this project so far! Not to throw too much of a wrench into things, and i don't think it's been mentioned...How about the old fuckcombustion banner/logo (the green one) ?

Purpl3_Haz3,

chimpybits

Is another week enough time time for everyone interested to cast their vote? If we give it until Sunday October 7 at midnight PST, we can then place the order for the template on Monday October 8, which takes about 2 weeks to get made.

Pre-orders can begin once the design is finalized.

PV
Yes, to setting that October 7 deadline for settling the logo/name poll vote. (Though of course I know others will pitch other small, though good, requests before this deadline...). My vote is get er dun.

chimpybits,
I love that it will say FuckCombustion!

and for me it's great to hear that it won't have a removable mouthpiece, i can't stand plastic-clips on my glass!

i can see one of these in my future :)

SoulCaptivesAreFree,
Reactions: Giant Robot

SirusSirus

Next prototype is in production. Based on feedback, here are the expected changes:
  • Borosilicate Glass – now 3.2mm thick Heavy Wall
  • Piranha Showerhead diffuser
  • Showerhead that is braced at the bottom, but with a wider weld area
  • Showerhead slits cut as far back to glass downstem as possible
  • Strong mouthpiece gooseneck connection at the body with right angle and shoulder
  • Expansion chamber at bottom of gooseneck to prevent splashback
  • Hexagonal base, around 4.75” in diameter makes it very stable even with a heavy vape on top
  • Shortened Gooseneck length, about 9.5 inches tall total, can is about 4” high and about 60mm wide, vapor centric, minimal air space
  • End of mouthpiece is slightly larger and flared for a more natural seal
Logo sizes and placement still up for discussion. The hexagonal base might not work with the FC logo showing up from the bottom due to the angles which are needed. We have some other logo ideas we will present when we get the next prototype to show.

We looked at the reverse showerhead design, it could be done using a dewaar, but it looks like a drag monster. In this video it shows that you need to provide the lift for all the water in the bottom chamber to get lifted before any vapor can enter from underneath. Does anyone have one to confirm?
PV

I have a SYN fullsize, my buddy has a tallboy, drag is almost nonexistent

SS

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
New Prototype Is Here

We have the new prototype here, with the hex base, heavy wall 3.2mm tubing, flared mouthpiece etc. There are a few things on it that were not made to requested dimensions, which are the gooseneck length and angle of mouthpiece. Picture on the right shows more how final version will be like.

Going to the thicker glass has made the i/d of the gooseneck too small, will need to use larger diameter tubing for the gooseneck on final version.

The new flared mouthpiece is really nice, close up shows new diffuser, with slits and X's, this is not the Piranha. The Piranha has very complicated cuts and we are still working on a way to build them cost effectively. We will need some testing time and report back.

PV logo is in place where the fuckcombustion logo will be, except on the front of the downstem instead of the back.

Bubbler is reinforced and very stable, bottom heavy. Shoulder is at a right angle now to balance on your thumb when holding it.

Here are the pictures:

zLVqq.png

0jOmr.png

Peace and Love,
PV

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
FIRST!

Much prefer the Changes one. Can't wait to see a video.

EDIT: What's wrong with that perc? Its pretty distinct and looks like it would function well. Though, I guess glug could possibly be an issue? If it keeps costs down, however...

BigDaddyVapor,

Nic

New Prototype Is Here

Here are the pictures:

Peace and Love,
PV

Wow PV! This looks wondeful. The changes for the final version look spot on. If the piranha style perc doesn't work out with costs, the one on this proto already looks pretty killer. I can't wait!

Nic,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
New Prototype Is Here

:tup:

The hex base looks better than I thought (out of curiosity does that lower the build cost?). Gives it a unique look along with the bulge in the neck. Does that provide a bit of splash protection? What size tubing is being used?

Can't wait to see the Piranha perc proper!

Wow I really like it! The only thing I would like more would be a shorter mouth piece.
In my experience 9" to the mouthpiece is a sweet spot. With a 4" can, maybe even a tad shorter. Made a pic to see what it might look like. And a round base for kicks. Excuse the exceedingly lazy photoshop.

23frp.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I think those smaller pieces, you're going to be sucking bubbles. Though, as you noted... rush job, its just the concept you're trying to show. I like the smaller size actually. I like the round base on the smaller one, but prefer the hex with the larger.

But, that design needs a bubble or water catch at the joint.

I was watching some videos tonight on different percs and I've changed my mind about possible glug on these latest protos. Again, I would be interested in seeing how the current form works and what's the price differential between it and the Piranha.

EDIT: Though, looking again. PV's piece has a distinctive look to it. As you start shrinking the can and mouthpiece... it starts to look a bit more generic.

BigDaddyVapor,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Some ideas for the fc logo:

'.com' can be omitted as needed. Please vote here (note: the poll was set up to allow multiple selections but please vote for only one).

1. Standard placement
2. Diagonally spiralled around the downstem
3. Letters opposite each other.

The ratios for the typeface are 40/27/14

YNFvM.png

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
That looks amazing. :luv:
I love your design choices and am definitely looking forwards to purchasing receiving one!

EDIT:
Some ideas for the fc logo. '.com' can be omitted as needed. Please vote here (note: the poll was set up to allow multiple selections. Please vote for only one).

1. Standard placement
2. Diagonally spiralled around the downstem
3. Letters opposite each other.

The ratios for the typeface are 40/27/14

YNFvM.png
Those actually work pretty well, still like
fclogo.png
most though.

deadc0ffee,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Haven't read the whole thread but I'm curious about the hex base. Why is it designed with one of the points facing towards the user? Ehle does this as well and I can't figure out why. I have often tended to tilt the mouthpiece towards me depending on the height of the table it's sitting on. So wouldn't it be much better to have one of the flat sides of the hex facing towards the user? Surely others have used a bong like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom