Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
actually too much of anything in the air we breath can be bad.... all the stuff in the atmosphere is toxic too us in large quantities. Mess with the balance of the natural chemicals in the air and it will have an effect on you.
CO2 is not required in large amounts by us... a good majority of it is expelled by us... plants require CO2. We require O2... we just need a tiny amount of CO2 too help regulate our bloods pH.

normally when you have someone breath into a bag it is too maintain the CO2 levels of the blood when hyperventilating. When you hyperventilate your bloods CO2 levels drop dramatically and 02 levels rise significantly. You breath in a bag so you dont lose and CO2, which would make your blood extremely alkaline (i just remembered, this is explained in the movie/book Adromeda Strain, crying baby and the sterno drinker) Keeping CO2 in the system with a bag slows hyperventilation, and causes blood gas ratios too return.
so if your blood levels are normal too begin with, aka no hyperventilation, excess CO2 would be bad

DevoTheStrange,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
In this situation if your oxygen levels went down and you co2 levels went up in your blood, you would simply pass out. And you would have to be rapidly/franticaly breathing into a bag over and over for a while to even get near to passing out.

Happycamper,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Happycamper said:
In this situation if your oxygen levels went down and you co2 levels went up in your blood, you would simply pass out. And you would have to be rapidly/franticaly breathing into a bag over and over for a while to even get near to passing out.
heh was writing the explanation too this in an edit as you posted this see above

one thing you can try if your looking for the breathing into a paper bag effect is do the exact opposite.
by this I mean the following:
- Take a nice big huge hit off the vape.
- Hold it in like you normally would, but instead of expelling all the vape, only exhale enough too allow you too take in a small breathe of air.
- Now hold this in for a little while, and repeat. Keep repeating until you finally have replaced all the vapor with fresh air. This will cause you too absorb alot more of those really huge hits, and not exhale as much wasted vapor. And your introducing O2 too your body not CO2

DevoTheStrange,

manchild

Vapourist
"Normal air is about 20% oxygen, 79% nitrogen, and 1% "other", including argon, carbon dioxide, and assorted gasses.
When you exhale, your breath is about 16% oxygen, 79% nitrogen, 2% CO2 and some "other" including water vapor. The 16% oxygen in the breath you EXHALE is how mouth-to-mouth artificial respiration works." (Wikianswers)

So i guess in theory you could inhale/exhale 5 times before all the oxygen would be depleted??

manchild,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
either that or it drops 20% of the total available O2 available in each inhale, which would take a little longer than 5 breaths too run out.
think of exponential decay. It would be a curve instead of a straight line if graphed. The next breath after 16 would drop too 12.8% then the next breath would drop too 10.2%
However I think after a certain point that percentage of O2 will drop below useable levels. So even though not fully depleted it just wont be enough O2...

DevoTheStrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There is a red light on the E that lets you know when it has reached the desired temp at the heater. When you turn down the temp, you are watching the electronic components adjust for the new temp. But the element still needs to get warmed up or cooled down thereafter. So when you turn the heat up, the display gets their rather quickly, while the red light stays on letting you know that the element is still heating up to that temp. When you turn it down, the display drops quickly, but the heat is not yet completely dissipated, thus your extra hits.
stickstones, I'm pretty sure that the display tracks the element temperature. On mine, when warming the red light doesn't go out until the display reaches the target I've set. On cooling, the red light goes out and stays out until I reach the target I've set.

I do have new information. I did some timings. Now I'm not sure how this happened, but my subjective timings don't quite match my objective timings. Apparently within 1 WL (whip length) of the Extreme, the clock in your head goes way faster than the one in the display. That's the only explanation I've been able to come up with.

Me: ...is the gauge lying when it shows an 80 degree drop in a minute or so?
It actually takes 1 m 54 s to drop from 240 to 160.

Me: It's usually at least a couple of minutes and likely more before I take the second hit, certainly longer than it takes to go from 240 to 160. Yet I can still draw some vapour, and sometimes, I can get even a third hit after another couple of minutes.
Here I found the strongest evidence yet that the Extreme puts out a powerful time dilation field: actual timings show that mean time between hits is 47 seconds! I think I just stumbled upon the ultimate strategy for engineered negligible senescence. Just remain within 1 WL of your Extreme and you'll double your lifespan!

I am planning to get rich as soon as that guy gets back to me with the 2 million guaranteed email addresses, but because you're my friends I'm sharing here first. No thanks necessary.

pakalolo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
Dude...that's some funny, fucked up shit!

And you may be right about what I said. I was going from memory and my E is at my brother's right now so I can't verify I'm a dingdong.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
On the extreme I use, the Red LED only comes on when the unit is heating itself. The red light goes off once it reaches temp. It only comes back on each time the unit increases the heat too adjust for any heat loss from hitting it.
So from my experience, the Red LED is only used too indicate application of heat by the Extreme too maintain desired temp

DevoTheStrange,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
/\ same situation here. it blinks as its heating then once desired temp is reached, it only blinks again after i take a hit to indicate that the hit lowered the desired temp of the vape so it has to compensate for the change in temperature by going back up to the desired temp. and just when i thought there was nothing more that could be learned about this vape. sheesh, im beginning to think were only at the start of major discoveries.
:popcorn:

illadelph,

the electrician

i was trying to sweet talk a bong shop manager into giving me a job today when he told me arizer were working on a portable vaporizer aimed for a christmas release originally, anyone else hear about this? i really hope this actually happened and my minds not playing tricks which we cannot discount, i was (and still am :uhoh:) sober afterall

also for those brilliant minds who want to follow in my extreme heat gun teachings: http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/EHLE_Active_Carbon_System_Adaptor.cfm?iProductID=5893 something like this would be so perfect for the bowl i could scream. my next planned purchase (which changes on a day to day basis) will be a 1 or 2L ehle with one of those little beauties. fuckin ave summa that

the electrician,

Raf007

Retailer
So it's safe to say that exhaling again and again in the same balloon is not so safe then, even if there is no major risk. But we don't really know what could be the effect of doing that on a daily basis, for years.
Personnaly I won't take the chance to try.
But doing the technique Devo spoke about, some time to time and as I write.;)

Raf007,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Arizer is working on a portable. They've been in the works for at least a year now and keep getting bumped back due to other needs...obviously the making of and release of the Q.

stickstones,

Rocket J Squirrel

Are we going to need to start a new Q thread? I should be getting mine in a day or two and might post differences between it and my Extreme (if I find much to write about) which makes that a hybrid post.

But sooner or later someone is going to ask something like, "How hot should I run my Q?"

And the Arizer portable will probably have to get its own thread, too.

Rocket J Squirrel,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Rocket J Squirrel said:
Are we going to need to start a new Q thread? I should be getting mine in a day or two and might post differences between it and my Extreme (if I find much to write about) which makes that a hybrid post.

But sooner or later someone is going to ask something like, "How hot should I run my Q?"

There already is one for the Q http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1950&p=1

DevoTheStrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So it's safe to say that exhaling again and again in the same balloon is not so safe then, even if there is no major risk.
Wait, wait, how did we conclude rebreathing from a vapouriser bag is harmful?

First of all, there's not much air in there (and hence not much CO2, or O2 for that matter) when you blow up a bag. It's mostly vapour. Second, the reason for exhaling into the bag is to capture vapour that you didn't hold in long enough to absorb. So the amount of CO2 you're exhaling is reduced because it is replaced by vapour. In the course of using up a bag, you'd only do this maybe four or five times. When you inhale from the bag again, you're still getting mostly vapour, not air.

In normal indoor air, CO2 is around 600 parts per million, or .06%. At 1% (that's about 16 times as concentrated) prolonged exposure will make some people feel a bit drowsy. At 5%, or 80 times normal room concentration, most people will start to feel dizzy or get a headache after a few minutes of exposure. The treatment? Breathe regular air, unless you've been exposed a really long time or to a much higher concentration.

In other words, the difference in CO2 content between a bag with no exhales in it and one with three or four lungfuls exhaled into it are probably too small to be quantified. Not to mention that you most likely are breathing normal air between hits off the bag, which would more than compensate for any effects of the miniscule increase in CO2 from a bag you've exhaled into. The increase in concentration of CO2 is insignificant in health terms.

But we don't really know what could be the effect of doing that on a daily basis, for years.
Yes, we do. There is no effect.

pakalolo,
Reactions: vtac

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I have actually started doing something with the oil that collects in the extemes whip. What I do is I will ball up a rolling paper (after I tear off the glue part) and ram it through the tubing with a piece of wire. I collect the oil that comes out into a little jar. But the real reason I do this is the paper. I will take the rolled up oily mess and throw it into my Vaporstar. It will hit forever before the oil is gone from the paper. There is enough paper too keep the oils from going down into the bowl. and if i accidently combust the paper... it was meant for smoking in the first place, so can't be that bad. :lol:

DevoTheStrange,

Rocket J Squirrel

DevoTheStrange said:
Rocket J Squirrel said:

There already is one for the Q http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1950&p=1
Which I would have already known if I had been paying attention . . . :rolleyes:

Rocket J Squirrel,

Raf007

Retailer
@ Pakalolo
yeah, thinking of it this way seems right also.
I feel really stupid now ....
:rolleyes:

Raf007,

MagicMists

DevoTheStrange said:
On the extreme I use, the Red LED only comes on when the unit is heating itself. The red light goes off once it reaches temp. It only comes back on each time the unit increases the heat too adjust for any heat loss from hitting it.
So from my experience, the Red LED is only used too indicate application of heat by the Extreme too maintain desired temp
This is my first post after lurking for numerous months on this excellent site.

Can you tell me which version of the Extreme you have? Mine is v3 bought in September '09. I wish mine operated the way your's does and am wondering if this a new thing or an old thing.

I had an exchange with the nice folks at Arizer back in September...

------------

I wrote: I received my Extreme v3 last week. I am very impressed with this vaporizer. You really seem to have thought it through and executed it with excellence!

I have a question/comment about the heat temp red light. When the unit is on but not yet at the temp that has been requested the green light is on by itself. When it reaches the temp then the red light also comes on and flickers for the remainder of the time the Extreme is on. I find that a bit annoying. It seems to me that the logical (or at least preferred) way for it work would be the opposite. Red flickering light is on until it reaches the desired temperature and then it turns off leaving just the green light on - ready to go. Is my Extreme operating normally per your programming?

They replied: Thank you for your email and kind words.

Yes, your unit is working properly. The red flashing light indicator light comes on each time the heating element kicks on to maintain the desired temperature set. It is normal for it to flash - as it is maintaining the temperature. The green light on is the auto shut off timer, you can set or turn off (green light will turn off when timer not in use) - refer to your owners manual for timer/auto shut off instructions.

------------

I don't agree with their logic on this. I don't really care to have a constant reminder that the unit is at the correct temperature if it involves an always on flashing red LED, especially if the room is dark. Let it flash when it's not at the correct temp and then go out which is what you've described above. I've covered the red light with a piece of electrical tape so it's not a big deal but I wonder if they responded to my complaint by making a change or if they used to operate the way I prefer and they thought the flashing was an improvement.

Thanks!

MagicMists,

the electrician

Ovens have a red led that functions in exactly the same way and ive never heard anyone have a problem with those, its just a bit of red light it wont kill you. Im still unsure about the light above the temperature control though, probably just a conversational piece (if so its doing a flawless job)

the electrician,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah Magicmists, I have a v3 of the extreme.
It was my understanding that the red LED is supposed too work exactly how it is working.
Granted other than telling you the extreme is capable of maintaining heat, I never saw the purpose of it, because it is basically doing the same thing as the temperature readout.
Just watch it as you are hitting it, and you will see the temp fluctuate a few degrees as you hit it and the extreme applies more heat too maintain your temp. The Red light comes on each time you see a temp increase. So when you are hitting it, it will flicker.
It's cool too have a light so you know its not done heating up, I just don't need the reminders after that point once it has reached its dialed in operating temp. Because after it is done heating up, I see its function after that point as redundant, and annoying. I tend too turn the Extreme where it is facing away from me after the session has started.

and the green LED is not attached too any heat indication. The green light just lets you know you turned on a timer.

I think the way you want the LEDs too work is how Hippie has his LEDs on the budtoaster set up... may be wrong...

DevoTheStrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom