Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredsnowvapeherb

Stoked to get my new extreme, first vape i'v owned. Not so stoked about explaining to my going on 60 parents what a vaporizer is, ect.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=756&p=2

edit 2:

Also I have read through these posts a bunch in the last few days and haven't come across this much, When using the whip do you use the fan? If so what speed do you use for fan assisted vape hits?

shredsnowvapeherb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
You can if you want to. I rarely use speeds above 1 but when i got it I was doing it all sorts of ways. You should just screw around with it I assure yyou it will be rewarding

bluntfaced,

Beezleb

shredsnowvapeherb said:
Stoked to get my new extreme, first vape i'v owned. Not so stoked about explaining to my going on 60 parents what a vaporizer is, ect.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=756&p=2

edit 2:

Also I have read through these posts a bunch in the last few days and haven't come across this much, When using the whip do you use the fan? If so what speed do you use for fan assisted vape hits?
A medical person I know has an extreme and uses it exclusively for the air assist whip. They use whatever the low setting is.

Beezleb,

shredsnowvapeherb

Good to know, excited for the new toy to arrive, probably tomorrow or monday.

Also wondering about how well the elbow pack method works for filling bags, I'v heard alot of good things about it while using the whip, but much less in regards to bags. For sessions by myself I think the amount that packs into the elbow would be about right, where as the bowl would be a bit much for one person.

shredsnowvapeherb,

max

Out to lunch
You pack the elbow to get richer vapor hits (more vapor per hit). Since filling a bag gives you diluted vapor anyway (vs. a whip hit), there's really not much of a reason to load the elbow instead of the bowl.

max,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I disagree. Packing the elbow when blowing a bag means the vapor being pushed into the bag is going to be richer. For a much shorter amount of time though, it's only good for one bag.

bluntfaced,

Mark

John Brown
MunkeyBalls said:
Great, I shouldve known it was BS but it DOES drip down. It dripped down all over my fucking ceramic heater element and I now have to find a way to clean this shit without breaking everything. Last time ill be experimenting with crap like this.
That sucks man, sorry. I only had oil drip on my shit once, and it just burned it and the screen was 100% clean on the element when I was done the sesh, just let it burn it off at like 50. Did you use some AVB or bud under the oil like I suggested?

That denatured crap means they make it unsafe for drink, you should be fine making oil, solong as there are not extra chems in there. I use 99% iso myself, and I believe all ISO is denatured, but I could be wrong.

Mark,

max

Out to lunch
bluntfaced said:
I disagree. Packing the elbow when blowing a bag means the vapor being pushed into the bag is going to be richer. For a much shorter amount of time though, it's only good for one bag.
It all depends on how much you load and how big the bag is.

max,

Mark

John Brown
Well, imo you cannot FILL a bag with vapor from just an elbow.

I usually fill the bowl then fill the elbow whenever I use it, or if I am running low, fill an elbow, take 3-5 big hoots, blow elbow into the already being used bowl, refill elbow and repeat, so I am getting all that thick elbow smoke and still getting 100% out of my vapor trash till the bowl fills up.

Mark,

shredsnowvapeherb

Does keeping all the herb from the elbow in the cyclone bowl after its pooched affect the taste of the next elbow pack?

shredsnowvapeherb,

Mark

John Brown
Not really imo. But i don't mind the AVB taste even when smoked out of my bong, so it may just be me, but really I don't taste any difference.

Really good conservation method though. I smoked my last 2 grams yesterday using only elbows, lasted me all day, at the end of the day I had the bowl full of AVB from putting the Elbows into the bowl, so I packed the rest into a bowl (should be a full gram at least (AVB always weighs half of what it used to as bud for me)) toked it in one hoot on my bong and got baked. I was shocked there was still so much THC in there after constantly smoking the poor AVB over and over all day. I did keep the unit at 200 though and didn't increase the temp as I take my hoots like normal.

That method made 2 grams enough for my to stay STONED all day. And I am usually a quarter a day kinda guy. Keep in mind this shit is MAD premo though, when it's still on the stem it feels like sandpaper in my hand, Never seen bud this.... rough... I don't know how to describe it but this shit is unique.

Here is my bong if your wondering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BFaCZJ7zNI

Mark,

Mark

John Brown
How thick do you like your bags? I like my vapor so I can't see my hand through it. I usually get it with my good stuff at 190~ on my extreme. I can get about 3 bags I can't see though with a .4 but if I pack an elbow, the bag will simply not be to thick to see through after 2-3 minutes of filling.

I will give it a try and get back to you. How much do you use? my .00 scale is battery less so I can only use my .0 scale, but i'll see what it is and get back to you after I try a bag out, it's been awhile since I tried elbow only bag, always just wanna cram more bud in, lmfao.

On another note, I notice the fan draws a lot more air when the unit is suspended. I was thinking of welding myself a small stainless steel Extreme table, with the middle cutout so the fan can get more air. I'll even have a little tray for the remote. But, will that put more air into the ratio? Or just be the same but like when you have a clean screen compared to a dirty one. Is the extra power bad?

(I live in Winnipeg, almost the exact geological center of north america, the gateway to the west....
All weed that goes from the east needs to go west, all the west needs to go east, we are in the middle, it's safe to say we see our share of dank. Plus the cops are very tolerant here, it is practically legal.

Not that it really matters, smoking some bomb very carefully homegrown right now (not my grow))

Mark,

Mark

John Brown
So I got as much in the elbow as I could before it would get clogged, scaled to a .1 with heat at 230. Decent bag but still see though. It'll keep my high though. :D, I prefer bowl imo.

Mark,

canadibus

So after having my extreme for a few weeks I stil love the thing. I haven't smoked since getting it and I haven't looked back. I find the sweet spot for me is around 190. I don't use the bags that often, as I'm usually vaping by myself.

canadibus,

Mark

John Brown
Yo blunt, I admit my mistake, elbow bags rock man. :ko:
I just couldn't fathom a .1 filling a bag as decent as it does. Sure it isn't as thick, but it's a fricken .1, thanks for the tip, glad I tried it again.

Mark,

XtaCy

Does anybody have an image of the internals that include the ceramic heating element? I have yet to see what the actual heating element looks like and would like to see that the path is completely glass like they say. I was looking through this thread and went through about 40 pages, just thought I'd ask rather than to keep looking.

I enjoy my SSV and am looking into getting a Vriptech, but also want a forced air vaporizer so I can have something that doesn't put stress on my lungs from pulling.

XtaCy,

stinkmeaner

XtaCy said:
Does anybody have an image of the internals that include the ceramic heating element? I have yet to see what the actual heating element looks like and would like to see that the path is completely glass like they say. I was looking through this thread and went through about 40 pages, just thought I'd ask rather than to keep looking.

I enjoy my SSV and am looking into getting a Vriptech, but also want a forced air vaporizer so I can have something that doesn't put stress on my lungs from pulling.
There is a picture in this thread
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1313

stinkmeaner,

XtaCy

stinkmeaner said:
XtaCy said:

There is a picture in this thread
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1313
Thanks a bunch man, doesn't show much, but definitely better than nothing.

XtaCy,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The air does blow over the ceramic and 3 screens so technically the air way is not all glass.

bluntfaced,

solidsnake

Quick newbie question:

I just purchased an Extreme yesterday for 500 bucks (Yes, I got ripped off and it was an impulse buy--can't be returned so oh well)

I tried it out with some amazingly potent herb (about 1/3 of a bowl). I didn't get nearly as high as I'm used to with smoking the same amount of this herb. I'm going to list out my steps and perhaps someone can give me a few hints on where I went wrong:

1. Used a grinder to get the herb pretty ground up (not like powder, but pretty well).
2. Added a drop of water to the herb prior to putting it into the chamber (per instructions received at the store); apparently this is good for getting vapor?
3. Allowed the vaporizer to heat up for about 45 seconds (until the temperature was at 370 degrees F)
4. Filled like 10 bags of pretty translucent vapor (two bags used; hitting one while filling the other); used the fan 3 setting
5. Raised the temperature and stirred the herb each bag until I was maxing out at 500 degrees F (260 C)

I got high for sure, just not what I'm used to. I think that if I used my other ceramic vaporizer (pretty basic), I could have done a better job.

Any thoughts on where I went wrong? Potentially defective unit?

Thanks for the help with my new purchase!

solidsnake,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Ley it heat up for 15 minutes, don't add water.

Start at 185C and move up to 220C

Get real fucking high then go torch the shop you bought it at.

bluntfaced,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom