Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsnake

ahhh I see--the guy at the store (fucking store...) told me that the unit heats up in under a minute (which according to the temperature gauge is true).

I guess I got it all wrong. Im warming it up now; lets hope that round two is better.

thanks for the help guys

solidsnake,

Mark

John Brown
The heater heats up, but the glass resonating the heat onto the herb improves vapor density, and the glass takes time to warm. Also, to get the most efficiency, try to pack the elbow screen only.
I would recommend filling the bowl (should take .5~) and then pack the elbow, not either to hard to prevent air flow, set the unit to 230, let it sit with the herb in the bowl for 10 minutes, then fill at 3.
You are guaranteed a great bag with that. You might not get many bags at that heat though.

I posted a summary that has some good info for new users on page 26 (I use the max post's per page system) or post number #1852. I would quote myself, but it is rather large a post, but it should save you the time of reading through all the pages like I did. :rolleyes:
27031DSC01004-med.JPG

In that image, a lego head is used to keep the end of the bag from spitting out vapor. You can use the non pointed end of the glass poker that comes with it instead of the lego head, as it fits perfectly inside the tubing. And the pointed end can be pushed into the glass whip mouthpiece to seal that off too, GoG style.

Mark,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Didn't read a page of this thread then huh...damn a $200+ investment held back because the user didn't want to read up on it. Well thanks to mark, being the kind fellow he is, summing up all the nifty tricks this unit can perform in a short paragraph or two he pretty much removed all "buyers remorse" you had beforehand.

Of all the vapes, E users read this thread the least

Hennessy1414,

Mark

John Brown
Really? I caught this thread before any of the other ones. :lol:

And you're welcome dude, happy vaping.
Also, if you want more bags, try setting the heat down to 185-200. Doing what I said before, you should be able to pull 3-5 bags out of it at 185.

Mark,

shredsnowvapeherb

Need a bigger bag for a group. How big is the biggest turkey bag typically sold in stores in comparison to the stock bag?

shredsnowvapeherb,

Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy
Some questions:

1) After some reading, it appears I have the latest version of this vaporizer. What temps do you use? This thread is like WAY too long to read, and I have been trying for like 2 months to finish it. My memory is not so good, and lasts about 2 months, so I forget the beginning. haha. I have been using about 170 and getting 3 bags at this temp that are all very tasty. I go up 10 and the next bag is more grassy, but still tasty. Another 10 for the last one and it is very grassy and almost burned grassy. Seems to depend on quite a few things such as warm up method, bowl fullness, screen clearness, and fan speed (oddly?).
What do you do?
2) How do you clean your glass? In the old combustion days, I used carpet cleaner. You laugh. Give it a go. You won't go back. Ever. (be sure to clean it with other stuff like 1 bazillion times)
I like my glass to be clean. I think with combustion, the "dirtyness" added character and flavor. With the vaporizer it just impedes flow. No? What do you do?
3) What do you do with the honey stuff that builds up on the elbow glass? Using a heat gun I dripped some onto a cigarette (Amsterdam Shag) and it tasted like... vapor. I am not actually joking.
4) Are the temp presets like way out of sync with typical use? Or do I just use this thingy all kinds of weird?
5) Show me pics of your most used bag (technically not a question).

Ron Jeremy,

Mark

John Brown
Ron Jeremy said:
Some questions:

1) After some reading, it appears I have the latest version of this vaporizer. What temps do you use? When trying to go for lighter vapor, never under 185, I usually use this for my whips. This thread is like WAY too long to read, and I have been trying for like 2 months to finish it. My memory is not so good, and lasts about 2 months, so I forget the beginning. haha. Check my summary, also this page and the last has alot of questions I answered similar to yours. I have been using about 170 and getting 3 bags at this temp that are all very tasty. I go up 10 and the next bag is more grassy, but still tasty. Another 10 for the last one and it is very grassy and almost burned grassy. Seems to depend on quite a few things such as warm up method, bowl fullness, screen clearness, and fan speed (oddly?).
What do you do? Well, I don't know what you mean by greasy, I never exprience that, but I guess I would prefer what you would call greasy. When I use it with bag, I go for 2 bags at 230 or 3-5 bags at 195-210, I always preheat the bowl without weed in it for at least 10 minutes (usually before I even want to smoke) then let the weed sit in the hot bowl for another 10. This preheating is essential in any vaporizer for an excellent hoot. Always bag speed for the bag, which is 3.
2) How do you clean your glass? In the old combustion days, I used carpet cleaner. You laugh. Give it a go. You won't go back. Ever. (be sure to clean it with other stuff like 1 bazillion times)
I like my glass to be clean. I think with combustion, the "dirtyness" added character and flavor. With the vaporizer it just impedes flow. No? What do you do?Wow, I won't even go there. Just a little advice, don't use poison on your Extreme please. I wash all my glass with ISO and then save it in a jar and reuse it without salt, but you can use salt for abrasive, ISO can be bought at any drug store for cheaper then carpet cleaner, and when you save enough rez in it, you can evaporate it and make shitty oil for a fun afternoon in a dry dry time.
3) What do you do with the honey stuff that builds up on the elbow glass? Using a heat gun I dripped some onto a cigarette (Amsterdam Shag) and it tasted like... vapor. I am not actually joking. Extra virgin honey oil that is there. Mmhm tasty stuff. I let it sit there 'till the tube is like, dark, then I put a fishing line through the tube, tie the other end to a screw, and use it to scrape it all real clean. The glass is sometimes just hoot the E without anything in it and get a rez hoot, or just save it for the ISO oil.
4) Are the temp presets like way out of sync with typical use? Or do I just use this thingy all kinds of weird? I use them a lot. More often then the up/down when I am using a bag, but with the whip I just let it sit at 185~ 'till it goes into my AVB jar.
5) Show me pics of your most used bag (technically not a question).
I regret to inform you I do not own a Digital Camera. :rolleyes:
How in the fuck do I single out a post I made, I want to link directly to my summary so people don't have to search.

Mark,

Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy
Like this:

Code:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=p<the little number on the top right of your post>#p<the little number on the top right of your post>
So, for example:
Code:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=35185#p35185

Ron Jeremy,

Mark

John Brown
Why thank you. Find anything you were looking for there? That basically sums up all the pictures and more interesting posts I saw while zooming through on the maximum post per page setting. It only says 27 pages for this thread.

Wait a minute, that just shows the whole page, not the post.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=35190#p1852

Hmm, doesn't work for Google chrome at least.

Mark,

Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy
hehe, GRASSY... not GREASY
Greasy would SUCK :lol:

Thanks for the reply.
Quite a few people have gone nearly ape shit to learn they were smoking from glass that was cleaned with carpet spot remover. But it works GOOD. It is basically designed to dissolve bio material. Resin slides off just like the friggen oven cleaner commercials. And with glass, to the best of my knowledge, will not retain chemicals. At least I hope so :brow:
No matter, it works and works better than anything else I have tried. Simple Green is #2.

Ron Jeremy,

Mark

John Brown
It's not always up to the glass, some chemicals will stick like the resin, or soak into stubborn resin.
yea, I was wondering about greasy. I don't mind the grassy taste, in fact I like it, it is different for each strain, and it always tastes just like it smells (at least for me) try some different bud, you might like the flavor of denser vapor more.

Even when they don't match, it won't direct to my post, at least for what I tried. Let's see if you can do it. Your last example didn't work, at least for me.

Lets keep this down to edits for at least now k? that worked, how did you do it?

I don't know what version this is running on, apparently FluxBB
Supports PHP4 and PHP5
Supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite
Produces valid XHTML 1.0 Strict pages
Easily translated into any language
Support for UTF-8 (v1.4)
Free for domestic and commercial use
Distributed under GNU General Public Licence

Anyways, can you try that for post number 1852 in this thread?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

Would you mind merging those posts?

Mark,

Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy
Uh, weird

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=35185#p35185

Testing!

-

haha
My second code window was AFU.
I have no clue, it appears. This is like vBulletin 3.x?

-

Mark said:
It's not always up to the glass, some chemicals will stick like the resin, or soak into stubborn resin.
yea, I was wondering about greasy. I don't mind the grassy taste, in fact I like it, it is different for each strain, and it always tastes just like it smells (at least for me) try some different bud, you might like the flavor of denser vapor more.
I don't mind it, but the minty freshness of cooler temps is what I like the most. I don't vape much, like an oz every 3-4 months, and mostly just a weekender. And my herb is dry as a bone. Still get the minty goodness, though. Thank god I finally bought a vaporizer. I was Mr. Spliff man prior to.

-

BTW, WTF is ISO?

er... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iso

modnote: posts merged, please don't make 4 back to back posts. Use the "Edit" link.

Ron Jeremy,

Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy
Crappy. I deleted my youtube account in disgust over something. I'll remember why later I am sure.
It cleans pretty good, eh? You probably need to get the kind stronger than 10% or whatever the junk at ghettomart is?

Ron Jeremy,

Mark

John Brown
I used 99% from shoppers or safeway for like 5 dollars. You can use that stuff to make oil too. Just google search a combo of ISO and weed and oil and how to and you will be set.
But yea, safer then carpet cleaner :lol:
Anyways, fuck my insomnia, diggin' into my AVB trying to sleep, it ain't helping and tastes gross.

The link on the first page works, but when I try to make it no luck, I dunno, maybe i'm just to tired right now. I forgot http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=31439#p31439 was on the first page. >.<

Mark,

Rjames216

Just received my V-Tower Extreme in the mail today!!!! But guess what?!?! I don't get off probation until October 21!!! So now I have to just sit here and look at it and only dream about using it. Oh well, just gotta patiently wait, my time will come soon. I'll let you know how it turns out for me in 36 days.

Rjames216,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom