Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Evil1 said:
I used my Extreme this weekend - bags and whips. I found 185deg was about right for both.
Its an amazing peice of kit - design is excellent with a bit of bling in the form of flashing lights etc.
The only additions I'd suggest is modifying the timer to turn on at a specific time - it can already turn itself off - shouldn't be too difficuilt.

Has anyone ever corked their bags after filling them ? Thats one thing I liked about the 'cano was the one way valve.
Also - the forum suggests pre-heating for 20 minutes before using - I found 185deg was reached very quickly - why the need to pre-heat ?
Evil if you looking for a cap for the bag its simple. Two options
1. Glad press and seal
2. Cut a piece of tubing (1/2") and place that on the fat end of the glass stir tool and then just use that to cap the bag, Looks a little funny but it works fine and doesnt cost anything. I did it and posted a pic a few pages back i just don't ever use it anymore.
Welcome to FC Evil

umpnum14,

DigitalTotem

I'm looking for info on modding the extreme, I have the V-tower 2 actually and a VaporTower by Vaporstore the one with the two-pc screw together whip. While I really like the extreme all around I love the whip that cape with the VaporTower now the ground glass fitting is the same size the only problem is the cone on the extreme prevents it from seating due to the rubber. I'd like to hear suggestions on where to go as far as modding. I'm not worried about warranties. Or if you know of a similarly designed whip that fits with out taking apart my V-tower that would be good aswell.

the VT whip draws much nicer and is much more efficient with product due to it's design.

DigitalTotem,

Durden

I am Jack's title
DigitalTotem said:
I'm looking for info on modding the extreme, I have the V-tower 2 actually and a VaporTower by Vaporstore the one with the two-pc screw together whip. While I really like the extreme all around I love the whip that cape with the VaporTower now the ground glass fitting is the same size the only problem is the cone on the extreme prevents it from seating due to the rubber. I'd like to hear suggestions on where to go as far as modding. I'm not worried about warranties. Or if you know of a similarly designed whip that fits with out taking apart my V-tower that would be good aswell.

the VT whip draws much nicer and is much more efficient with product due to it's design.
Have you tried packing the elbow screens in your extreme? It seems very efficient to me compared to other box vaporizers I've used but I must admit I've never tried that vaportower whip. The elbow method is what I use 95% of the time in my extreme and I don't believe that another packing method would greatly improve its performance. I do however have custom elbow pieces to replace the clear glass that came with my extreme, and those sit significantly lower in the cyclone bowl.
How much spacing is there between the glass joint and the bottom screen? Something like http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...iffused_Gauze_Combo_Piece.cfm?iProductID=5759 seems like it could work for you, but I'm hesitant to suggest moving the material further from the heat source. I know roor makes an 18-14 converter that sits on and above the downstem but I've never seen an 18-18 extension piece, and still that would increase the distance even more.

Durden,

Melizzard

OK, so I've tried the whip and now I've tried the balloon. I like the balloon better ... can get a more consistent effect, but I only need one good toke, so I only fill the balloon with about that much. The problem is, it seems like I'm burning thru my herb more quickly. Filled a bowl Sat evening and I hit it twice a day. Now what's in the bowl looks all brownish, and isn't putting out as milky a vapor, but is still effective. I guess I'm still having trouble figuring out when a bowl is spent or not ...

xxo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Durden

I am Jack's title
If you think you're going through material too fast with revaping the same bowl you should try packing less each time so you vape what you do pack more completely and can be done with it. I don't have much experience trying to make smaller or less filled bags though so there may be a better way.
If you're using a higher temperature on the subsequent bags on the same bowl you're probably on your way to using the material completely, just be careful to stop trying to get vapor out of it when it starts tasting like burnt popcorn/smoke.
I generally evaluate my spent material on the volume/dryness, spent material will crumble into brownish dust and has a much smaller volume than when you start with it. It also will no longer clump together or stick to the inside of the bowl. I would suggest dumping out the bowl to evaluate since if the material is really spent stirring in the bowl or checking volume can make particles drop onto the heating element screen below.

Durden,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Melissa, it sounds like you need more of a one hitter type vape which the Extreme is not. It's like you hooking a hose up to a fire hydrant and using that to fill a bird bath, no matter how careful you are you will waste a lot of water.

DeepFried,

Melizzard

Ahhhhh, but it's so very nice! How 'bout if I packed the elbow? Do you think that would be a better thing for me to try? I was using the whip, but I was having a hard time getting it just right ... sometimes I would get blown into next week and other times not. And, for me, it creeps up on me, so I have to give it 10 minutes after a hit to see what it's going to do.

With the balloon, my hits are more consistent ... probably because I'm not dealing with how hard/slow I'm pulling on the whip. The vapor is just there and all I have to worry about is how long a toke I take and how long I hold it in.

Haven't tried the elbow though ... or maybe I should just put less herb in the bowl, as was suggested?

The Extreme is what I have, so I'll have to make it work. :)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Melissa...sounds like you are new to vaping and the E is your first vape. That's where I started a year ago. Some usage tips that vary with the type of weed you have:

When I was doing bags I would get four bags out of every bowl...the cyclone bowl was filled 1/2 to 3/4 up to the black line. The first bag was divine and the last one was slightly burnt. The same amount of weed gets me about six whip hits.

These days I have only been packing the elbow. It is more efficient, but probably only because we are grinding our herb finer for the elbow pack. I don't get more hits from the elbow pack, just use less weed.

But if you want to really use a small amount of weed, lightly cover the bottom of the cyclone bowl with weed...you'll probably get about one good bag or two good whip hits off it.

The E can be used efficiently, you just gotta put less weed in it. Also, if you are packing more than you are using in one session and want to come back to it later, I would suggest removing the cyclone bowl from the unit (or the elbow from the cyclone bowl when using the elbow pack method) when done so the weed doesn't continue to get unnecessary heat.

It makes sense that you like bags best right now because it is easier and more consistent...you are homogenizing the best hits with lesser ones, so they taste the same, for the most part. I used bags exclusively for months before I enjoyed using the whip.

stickstones,

Melizzard

Yeah, I started with the whip, but like I said, there are so many different variables with it. Plus, the elbow screen clogs in a NY minute that way! :) So the bag is cool. I'll try using less herb and see how that goes. Also, is it safe to assume that when you no longer see vapor going into the bag, your bowl is spent?

And yes, I'm new to vaping. ;) Turned my two brothers onto it too ... a whole family of converts ... and to think it was my daughter who first mentioned a vaporizer to me! Jeez, out of the mouths of babes! Of course, she has yet to try a vape (poor girl, she's a joint fan), but we're moving to where she is in a month or so, so she will have ample opportunity to convert as well! LOL

Melizzard,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you are seeing visible vapor when you start, then when it is gone it is done. You will be able to tell by taste soon enough.

stickstones,

Melizzard

Yeah, I just got some new kush, so it tastes a bit different than the other I had been using. Different strain, so still getting used to smell/taste. Also, I've got temp set to 210. Strangely enough, my brother has an E too and when he sets his to 210, you can smell the bowl more and see more vapor than with mine. Wondered if his was burning slightly hotter than mine for whatever reason ...

Everyone on this board rocks, BTW! Thank you so much for your help to a vaping newby ... and new to weed again since it's been 20 years since I did it before. Medical user now. :(

Melizzard,

Fleursdiesoats

Just registered. Medical user (was recreational before), had a resp infection, so my dad bought me the E from GotVape. It arrived last night and I have been reading through this thread best as I can.

Melizzard, would love to touch base with you about ways to augment those munchies. Anorexia and dehydration are my suxxxy effects, too.

Thanks so much for this 66 page thread. Am I a dork because I love using it for aromatherapy, as well? I use 85-95 and the lowest fan setting with a touch of essential oil. :) :peace:

Fleursdiesoats,

Melizzard

Fleursdiesoats said:
Melizzard, would love to touch base with you about ways to augment those munchies. Anorexia and dehydration are my suxxxy effects, too.
Welcome! I've found that, since you're medical and can visit a dispensary and have a choice, the indica weed triggers my hunger WAY better than the sativa. But everyone's different, so you might have to experiment a little. I've also found that it's a fine line between using enough to trigger hunger and getting totally wasted, which I don't want to do. :cool:

Melizzard,

Fleursdiesoats

Melizzard said:
Fleursdiesoats said:
Welcome! I've found that, since you're medical and can visit a dispensary and have a choice, the indica weed triggers my hunger WAY better than the sativa. But everyone's different, so you might have to experiment a little. I've also found that it's a fine line between using enough to trigger hunger and getting totally wasted, which I don't want to do. :cool:
I am actually not someplace that has such legislation. :o :mad: :ninja: :uhoh:

Fleursdiesoats,

lax08

I've tried going through this thread looking for info on v3 of the extreme but couldn't really find enough (a lot of what i saw early on was in v1 temperatures). Anyway, I'm looking for an idea of what temperature I should use the v3 on for either whip or bag (already used the info in the vaporpedia and neither temp worked incredibly well)....I've been getting really inconsistent sessions using the same herbs at the same temperatures. I also tried searching, but when I put in a search term it would come up with something relevant with one caveat, the temperature stated was for the v1 or v2 version. Thanks a lot!

lax08,

umpnum14

lax08 said:
I've tried going through this thread looking for info on v3 of the extreme but couldn't really find enough (a lot of what i saw early on was in v1 temperatures). Anyway, I'm looking for an idea of what temperature I should use the v3 on for either whip or bag (already used the info in the vaporpedia and neither temp worked incredibly well)....I've been getting really inconsistent sessions using the same herbs at the same temperatures. I also tried searching, but when I put in a search term it would come up with something relevant with one caveat, the temperature stated was for the v1 or v2 version. Thanks a lot!
Lax Welcome to FC
I will get chastised by some of the older guys :lol: But I vape at a higher temp than that but I like thick vape + i know I can get vapor and avoid combustion even at the higher (wink) temps :brow: But I do bags and to me bags seem to require a higher temp than the whip.
I do bags warming up at 260 C for at least 10 - 15 min and then take it down to 240 before I fill a bag. While I'm doing that bag I stir the bowl, raise the temp to 260 finish the bag wait for it to hit then fill another bag ;) I then finish it off with the whip.
If im doing the whip I usually do the elbow method dumping my avb back into the bowl and after 2-3 elbows back in the bowl i hit that with the whip. I usually warm it up to 260 then back it down to about 230 for the session. The variance from one fucker to another could be due many things. If you find that your not getting vapor at the higher 230 with the whip, adjusted the speed of your draw, this will affect the temp of the herb in the bowl. Faster cooler, slower hotter. Make sense?

umpnum14,

umpnum14

Fleursdiesoats said:
Thanks so much for this 66 page thread. Am I a dork because I love using it for aromatherapy, as well? I use 85-95 and the lowest fan setting with a touch of essential oil. :) :peace:
Welcome to FC Fleursdiesoats.
Medical user as well and unfortunately i am in a state w/o such legislation as well :rolleyes:
I have been thinking of using my E for other things a well such as Hops and a few other things I found online, What is your experience with using at an oil diffuser in particular what are the oils you use yadda yadda, not alot of discussion on this

umpnum14,

Melizzard

umpnum14 said:
I've tried going through this thread looking for info on v3 of the extreme but couldn't really find enough (a lWhile I'm doing that bag I stir the bowl, raise the temp to 260 finish the bag wait for it to hit then fill another bag ;) I then finish it off with the whip.
My sweet Lord ... I would be passed out and forget to breathe! I'm not kidding ... how do you guys do all that by yourselves??? I can only take 1 hit ... maybe 2 if the bowl has been used a few times ... off that bag and it rings my chimes! And you do TWO whole bags by yourself??????????

I stand in awe! ;)

Melizzard,

Melizzard

bluntfaced said:
haha melissa it sounds like you''re new to smokin dope in general
Well, I used to smoke it 20+ years ago ... never did like it as a party enhancer. Made me too quiet and paranoid. But the botanists have been hard at work in my absence, that's for sure! :ko:

Melizzard,

umpnum14

Melizzard said:
Made me too quiet and paranoid. :ko:
I have found that vaping has a different effect on me. Personally I never have smoked tobacco so I never had a desire to smoke but I did have the desire to try the "herb" and i too found that I too was often paranoid after combustion session. But I found the the paranoia is certainly less when I vape.

umpnum14,

Evil1

Can someone please clarify what you mean by "packing the elbow". I assume you're packing after the screen at the end of the whip ? - does the herb not end up getting sucked towards the mouthpeice of the whip ? Or do you insert another screen somewhere ?

Evil1,

umpnum14

Elbow Pack Method Link should take you to post #1118
Basically leave the screen in the elbow on the whip and pack that screen with finely ground plant matter ;) Then place that back on the bowl turn up the heat , let it warm for a bit and your good to go.

umpnum14,

Fleursdiesoats

umpnum14 said:
Fleursdiesoats said:
Welcome to FC Fleursdiesoats.
Medical user as well and unfortunately i am in a state w/o such legislation as well :rolleyes:
I have been thinking of using my E for other things a well such as Hops and a few other things I found online, What is your experience with using at an oil diffuser in particular what are the oils you use yadda yadda, not alot of discussion on this
Ump,

I asked my doctor about this, and he told me to only use it for what I bought it for in terms of vaporizing. I have a small amount of disease in my lungs, but he told me that inhaling essential oils can lead to edema and lung irritation, even for a healthy individual. It is better to use the potpourri dish and let it diffuse through the room. You can also buy pillows filled with hops to take advantage of their properties. :-)

I have 4 cats and 2 dogs in a small 2 BR apartment. I find that this vaporizer freshens my entire apartment better than 4 solid gel (Renuzit cones) fresheners. I am going to go to the local gift shops and look for some oils that I like, but right now I am using one drop of The Body Shop's Lemon Basil oil stirred into the potpourri. Since smells can really do a number on my stomach, I planned on staying with very clean scents, such as eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary, and such. I will now stop burning scented candles, since those also release unhealthy byproducts in the air.

Fleursiedoats

p.s. I tried the elbow pack last night. I am not new to smoking in general, but you GOTTA be ready for that. I am sticking with the cyclone bowl, because I worry that the thick vapor means I am exhaling a higher percentage of the THC than otherwise.

Fleursdiesoats,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom