Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoActive

cookie said:
I am in love with vape me and two of my buddies are just sitting around up in the mountains and it's raining and we've packed up like 9 elbows so many features! I love it
NC by any chance?

PsychoActive,

talwin

hi

id like to apologize for starting a seperate thread for a question about the extreme, i didnt know that questions could be posted in this thread.

i have a couple questions after reading as much of the 2 extreme vaporizer threads as i could. the first would be smoking hash in the vape without having bud. i read in the extreme manual that for oil you could place a cotton ball into the bowl and put a drop of oil and then you could go about using the whip or balloon, would this work for hash?

my second question is about preheating. i'm using whip ( i just got my vape on saturday and have been playing around with whip only so far). my question is i saw that stickstones said he preheats his unit for 10 mins or so at a high temp then lowers it to what he wants, drops in his bud, lets it heat for another 10 mins, and then put on the ballon attachment. does this method work for the whip as well? if so would this be the apprporiate order:
1) set a higher temp and let preheat for 10 mins
2) decrease temp to what you want to smoke it to
3)put bud in the bowl
4)let the bud heat up in the bowl for 10 mins
5) attach the whip to the bowl and inhale

i look forward to hearing your suggestions.

thank you,
talwin

talwin,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i answered your has question in the other thread you started, hopefully a mod can move it over to this one. as far as preheating, what i do is pre heat for like 10 mins with the turbo bowl in the heating element and then pack either hash or bud into the elbow screen and if you want put bud in the bowl too. with hash, i do no fan but with bud i use fan speed 3 and just let myself get filled up while taking light pulls. hope that helps.

mod note: Sorry, posts can't be moved with the current forum software.

illadelph,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
TALWIN^^

~Do you have a grinder?
~Whats the MAX TEMP on your E-vape? in C of course. 250 or 260? if its 260 then you have the 3G model. if 250 then the 2G model like me :D
~Its VAPOR not smoke. sorry to be picky but its kind of what we strive for here :p

Well first off DO NOT USE A COTTON BALL IN YOUR VAPORIZER. fuck inhaling cotton :ko: would not be a good idea to ruin hash like that. what kind of hash do you have any how? hash oil? solid hash? keif? more info will help. most users have found small glass stones at the bottom of the bowl helps keep hash oil and FMB(full melt ice water extracted hashish) from dripping through the screen. You could even take some tea from a tea bag as your "green screen" It's not disgusting an any sense and could possibly enhance the flavors of your hit. I have used green tea, peppermint tea and sage blossom.

....all were very subtle and had barely any hint of a cloud as we all know the mighty greens can produce :brow:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
talwin...that cotton ball trick, if i remember correctly, was for vaporizing oils for aromatherapy. I don't know if it translates well to vaporization.

stickstones,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
in case you missed what i replied in your other thread, here is what i wrote. :

when i vape hash out of the e, i smear it on the top screen that is embedded in the glass elbow piece. you can keep the temp sort've low like in the 200-210 range and get thick clouds. hope that helps. if you need anymore info pop into the extreme thread.

for any other questions you might have, make sure that: first-you have searched and made sure that your questions hasn't already been addressed in another thread, second- you make sure your questions are clear and relevant to the topic so that we may answer them to the best of our ability, and third- leave us with some feedback on your experiences with your problems so we can further our understanding and make progress in vape education.

welcome fellow extremist talwin. :D

illadelph,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
TALWIN WROTE: id like to apologize for starting a seperate thread for a question about the extreme
No problem, L. I personally appreciate your willingness to try to read first, learn the forum norms, abide-by them, and maybe even eventually contribute to them.
TALWIN WROTE: i read in the extreme manual that for oil you could place a cotton ball into the bowl and put a drop of oil and then you could go about using the whip or balloon, would this work for hash?
IIRC, StoneySticks :p was correct and that comment is about using fragrance oils (not for the phyto-inhalation features or higher heat).

After searching a bit I found a post that may be helpful for vaporizing melty/gooey/oily stuff without herbs (http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=16312#p16312)--look at the section called "VAPORIZING OILS". Smaller amounts of melty/gooey/oily stuff can be vaporized alone much more easily too :brow:.

If you are referring to a solid form of concentrates, I am certain that there are other posts about that topic scattered throughout this thread (as well as posts about preheating)...in general (IMO) pick your temp/wait till cyclone bowl is HOT, etc.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the clouds! (sorry Marcuss, I always enjoyed that one :D )

What kind of a post is that (below) please join me in the chat if U can (maybe report yourself and ask for the post to be moved to ABV, so I can delete this last sentence?)

Progress,

talwin

my temp setting goes to 260C so it must be a v3. thanks for all the suggestions and info on the oil, i guess it's a good thing i posted here before i tried smoking hash on top of a cotton ball as that is toxic.

the type of hash i'm using is called Bubble Hash. most of it is in small pebbles but some is in a powder form.

i'm about to try vaping again. this time im going to try preheating for 10 mins, put the bowl with bud on for another 10 and then try smoking. i'll post back with my results.

i prefer the whip method and so far what i have been doing is preheating the unit for 10-20 mins and then placing the filled bowl on the unit, wait 1 minute, put the whip attachment on and start inhaling. using this method i can clearly see vapor coming out of the mouthpiece and also when i exhale. i usually get pretty ripped and it lasts about 10 minutes on about a quarter filled bowl.

talwin,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Don't get hung up on splitting up the heat up time. The v3 that you have gets ready in about 15 minutes. Put the bud in when you first turn it on if you want.

stickstones,

whereami

V3 Extreme for $250 shipped came in from http://dieselvapors.com/ on Friday.

The balloon at 230C was probably too hot, instead running 200C to 220C, I've tried the whip and loaded elbow, next up is through some glass.

First impressions:

- I prefer the E design compared to standard box vap designs, it looks more like a kitchen appliance like the volcano, but smaller
- the glass looks strong, but still afraid I'm going to break something
- manufacturers should use the more flexible tubing, this stuff looks like a pita to remove and clean
- remote is cool as expected

whereami,

whereami

illadelph said:
thats exactly how much i paid for my extreme W, good deal if you ask me.
Yes, and they shipped same day when ordered before 3EST, so it arrived two days later. The other thing I liked about dieselvapors.com is they list their stock! I made the mistake of not checking stock on another site and would still be waiting on my order (two weeks later). Whoever you buy from check to make sure the product is in stock or you might as well order straight from Arizer because that's what the distributor will be doing.

I have to admit, I did not read the manual as thoroughly as I should have, but I've read a lot here and these posts are like manuals and then some.

What I can't remember are things like leaving the fan or the heater on. Is it safe to assume that leaving the fan and or heater on during the 2-4 hour auto shut off time is not going to hurt this vaporizer?

I'm sure the fan has a limited lifespan if it's anything like fans in computers, and I know the heater element has a lifetime warranty, but I'd rather not stress the components out.

If something was to fail what would be the first thing to go? Just looking for things to watch for.

whereami,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm still trying to figure out why you want to leave the fan on for an extended period of time. I've left the fan on for 30 to 60 minutes before with a bag on it several times. I've always lucked out, because another user here had it fail that way. I've left the heater on overnight accidentally several times as well and never had a problem.

stickstones,

whereami

stickstones said:
I'm still trying to figure out why you want to leave the fan on for an extended period of time.
Yeah no problem, humor me and let's say I want to use the potpourri glass with some lavender at 50C, I would assume the fan helps with moving that aroma around. Would it be just as effective without the fan for that use?

whereami,

talwin

hey

i think i've almost got a good whip technique down. i took all of your advice. what i did was grind up my AAA herb, fill the cyclone bowl up to the black layer, switch on my extreme and set it to 200C, put my bowl on, attach my elbow which attached to my whip and let it sit for 10 minutes. after 10 minutes i started toking and i could see vapour coming out of the mouthpiece and i was getting pretty heavy hits. for the first 20 minutes i had really heavy hits constantly to the point where i was coughing. the other 15 minutes were still really great as there was always a constant stream of vapor. i think i couldve got another 5 minutes but i was too ripped. i checked the duff and it was a tabacco looking brown colour (i hope this is an okay and healthy colour). i'd like some feedback to see if i'm doing anything right or wrong. i'd like to say thanks again for all the advice and help and i'm going to try tackling the bag tomorrow.

cheers.

talwin,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
wherami...I've never done this, but it's made for it, so I don't think it will be a problem. I think they recommend using fan speed 1.

talwin...sounds like you are doing great. Once you get the hang of it you can successfully play around with the settings. Don't use anymore herb than that, but you can use plenty less if you want.

stickstones,

talwin

i was wondering how long i can leave the extreme on? sometimes i vape quite a bit and to preheat for 10 mins everytime gets a bit annyoing. i think i read a thread somewhere where the guy said he left it on for 4-6hrs constantly, but i'm scared this may ruin the machine since i paid so much for it.

thanks in advance.

talwin,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
IMG_0386.jpg

The E is an awesome direct draw vape :cool: epically when you use bendy straw like glass and silicone

This was used only while packing the screen elbow :)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

cookie

Where did you get that stuff? Why doesn't mine look like that? It looks really cool tho.

cookie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Talwin...shoot arizer an email asking how long it can be left on. I've left mine on all night many times with no problems. Give it a workout. It's not a baby. And with a company like arizer behind it, you needn't worry about service if it goes out on you.

stickstones,

joesalamon

I leave mine on for hours on end. Most I have ever left it on for has got to be around 8-10 hours.

Oh and I wrote a while back that I cracked my elbow on my whip extension. I ended up taking the extra glass nozzle for the bag and inserting one end in to the tube of the bag extension and the other in to the whip. There you got you got a universal elbow piece haha.

Not only do I like that I can still vape with the whip... so much more efficient I think, but I also have all that honey only collecting on one elbow instead of too. Only got to clean 1 instead of two when I want to collect all my honey :)

Also a little note on temps. I have run my E as low as 175 and still got vapor. I still need to try lower temps, but I was getting vapor at 175, my lowest temp I tried so far. It was some flavorful vapor too. For bags, I usually like to start it at 185, then 190, 195, 200, and depending on the strain i go for bag 5 or 6. But I can always get 4 solid bags out of whatever I got. Gonna be cooking soon with my vape poo, got around a half o now. Gonna put that in with a quad or so of some dank and make a batch of cookies. Haha wow, nice and sidetracked post.

joesalamon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom