Status
Not open for further replies.

bsandhu

PC310395.jpg

heres a pic of some of it not that nicely trimmed but pretty crystally

bsandhu,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sleinad...I appreciate you documenting your journey here, as it reminds me of my own when I first started vaping a year ago!

Keep playing with the temps, fan speed, bag vs whip, strains, draw speed with the whip, etc. It can seem daunting with the E because it has so many variables to consider. My PD is much simpler...all I can do is vary my draw speed. But with the E you have a lot more to consider and a lot more options. I am confident that when you find your personal sweet spot, it will be a better high for you and it will be more efficient.

Let us know what setting you like best and why!

stickstones,

bsandhu

P1040470.jpg

freshly cleaned screen, bowl, miniwhip

P1040469.jpg

P1040479.jpg

three ft volcano bag on vtower mouthpiece

bsandhu,

sleinad

To get an equivalent hit as from smoking, I have been doing this. The first hit from a new boal loaded with 0,25 gr. I will take the balloon, only once. The next two hits still from that boal I change from balloon to whip. Somestimes a second balloon is ok, but I wouldnt even think of a third one, not even after stirring. I do that two or three boals taking in total 0,5-0,75 gr.

I have to agree to the temperatures @TheTree has been mentioning. >225 C it comes out brownish.
I start the balloon with 180, the two whip draws I up it +5 or 10 each time, eventually ending at 200.

I havent tried medium grade budds yet, saving those for last.

sleinad,

sethhobrin

Ok so I have it pretty much narrowed down to this vap after reading a ton. I have never vapped before and I am looking for a way to use less weed and get just as high or higher after going through 2 OZs of strawberry cough over nov/dec.

Where is the best place authorized reseller to buy this bad boy? Looking to pay 250 or less.

sethhobrin,

artvandalay

just purchased from the same guy. best deal by far for canucks....:)

I paid 152 plus gst, free shipping also.

artvandalay,

sleinad

Hi guys,

it has been some days of experimenting now and I am very satisfied with my new purchase.

Almost like it better than my car :brow:

I kinda found my way of vaping, there are so many parameters on the E that influences your vapor grade that I guess, unlike smoking, vaping is a very personal choice of preferences.

Whats working quite well for me is two to three bowls of MJ, each max. 0,2 gr.. Out of each bowl I make two bags, I dont do the whip anymore, at least for now. The bag does the job very nice.

Playing with the temps is abit tricky when you have several batches of MJ, each having a different temp setting on the E. Inbetween I like to switch batches because of tolerance and everytime you have to find out where to stop. I am not going over 195 C in any case.

I hope there is thread here somewhere on vaping hash? I will probably just put some hash pieces on the MJ in the boal.

Looking for a portable vaporizer soon :ninja:

sleinad,

bsandhu

for hash i made a little ball into a flat disc and turned up the heat.

mind you i only used hash in the vtower original analog

bsandhu,

TheTree

I have used plenty of kief "balls." I just sit them on top of a bowl, it eventually turns brown, melts into liquid and bubbles away nicely.

TheTree,

sethhobrin

Guys you've convinced me. I decided to go with the EV! Just puchased over the phone from Warehouse. 260 with a free grinder and 25 extra for that neat alluminum case they offer with it. Now I just have to wait 4-5 days for shipping. its going to be a long weekend!

What is the best method for getting the honey off the whip to vap later?

sethhobrin,

bsandhu

i never bother saving it i just iso it all away

but if you wanted to scrape it, make your own tool something in half circle

bsandhu,

eLiguL

bsandhu said:

Should have saved your iso wash in a cup and let the alcohol evaporate over time. Makes some nice gooey goodness to roll your buds around in.

eLiguL,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
eLiguL said:
bsandhu said:

Should have saved your iso wash in a cup and let the alcohol evaporate over time. Makes some nice gooey goodness to roll your buds around in.
should it matter if its 70% iso or 99% :/

Hennessy1414,

bsandhu

i only used to use 99 but since i let it drain down the sink i switched to 70%(its 2$ for 1 litre) and just let it soak

bsandhu,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
The higher the alcohol percentage the less water is used as filler. The more water there is in the mix the more chlorophyll will leech into the mix resulting in a darker brownish/green color , especially noticeable when you spread a bit on a cig or J (blasphemy I know). Anyways not sure if it makes a difference when you quick wash the avb but if you let it soak for a couple days it certainly will.

Besides , it would seem logical to me that the higher the percentage of the solvent the more will be extracted by it.

I've never had a taste issue and I usually let it sit 3-4 days so I'm thinking different bittering agents used to make the ethanol/methanol undrinkable might be in play here. I've always wanted to try a soak with everclear (Alcohol 95 or Alcool 94 as it's called up here) but it seems price prohibitive at 25$ for 500ml or 60$ for a 40oz.

Skunkypete,

sethhobrin

Ahhhhhh great idea. BTW guys the reason you want to use 99% is because alcohol EVAPORATES very quickly. The more water the slower and less efficient evaporation of the solvent. You don't wany any water in there. The 99% alcohol should evaporate completely.

sethhobrin,

sleinad

SpiralArchitect said:
If your marijuana has a lot of moisture in it, than your first few hits are generally just removing the water from the plant material. I left a bowl of some kiefy shake out over night and I put it in my PD this morning..... :o

I use to not like brittle weed, but now it seems I let my stuff get bone dry for an optimal vaporizing experience. :)
@SA

I tried leaving out some MJ overnight to dry, whereas I wouldnt have considered it wet. Anyhow just bonedry.

Rocks like hell dude :D

sleinad,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
your lucky, if i leave my herb out it just gets wetter :mad:

i put my nug jar on a coffe mug warmer overnight to dry my bud out, and it still manags to absorb a bit of moisture

Acolyte of Zinglon,

bsandhu

its because your enviroment is wetter then the bud.
try putting a peice of paper towel in youar jar

bsandhu,

sleinad

Hi guys,

what do you do when those small mashes start to clog up? I mean the unit in the E where you sit the boal on.

Using two filter screens in the boal help any? Small very small powder seems to always fall through. So fine as resin powder from a grinder.

sleinad,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom