Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
lol, the tourist special, that is definitely what I got in Jamaica but I didn't really care. They would flip out if I bought a vaporizer out there, a friend of mine showed some locals how to make bubble hash and now he is a local legend.

stonemonkey55,

sleinad

Beezleb said:
... I liked the idea of buying from a coffee shop.
Yeah me too, it has something to it. I had quite some guys from the states here and I take them to Groningen. Restaurants, bars, coffee shop, red light district :ninja:

I think that is also the right sequence LOL Its really a blast. The real kick how crazy they drive around with their little "rollers".

Anyhow, I usually like it a bit moist (I rather say fresh), I usually get quite a stack and so have to store it at home, so it usually dries as it waites.

With the E, this could change now.

sleinad,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I thought you could only buy small quantities from the coffee shops?

And yes, I think your tastes may change when you start vaporizing. If your marijuana has a lot of moisture in it, than your first few hits are generally just removing the water from the plant material. I left a bowl of some kiefy shake out over night and I put it in my PD this morning..... :o

I use to not like brittle weed, but now it seems I let my stuff get bone dry for an optimal vaporizing experience. :)

And yeah, it's likely my friend did get the 'tourist special', with his 'Cali-tude' I could see Europeans regarding him as the typical American. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

bsandhu

hmm i wonder how i would be regarded being from canada since ive herad that the netherlands are extremely friendly to canadians since wwII

bsandhu,

sleinad

So today the E is supposed to arrive, the tracking number says "being delivered" :brow:

I do have some questions and apologize if they are stupid or if its all in the manual.

#1 best way for first shot, whip or bag. To be honest, I have not quite understood the whip thing, how it works. Can somebody give me an example? With the remote, I can imagine it could be like this: hit the couch with the remote control, when the E and you are ready use the remote to (i.e.) fan spped 2. Just draw it in, shut fan off with remote, repeat a couple of times.

#2 I assume it will be a gen. 3 (v3) model. I have very good MJ (holland quality). Could somebody summ up

preheat time/temperature
load batch (how much MJ in gr.)
preheat/heat with boal
intake method (bag/whip (pls explain whip))
number of repeats for big bang

I appreciate the help alot! I cant wait till my bell rings (the doorbell I mean haha).:lol:

I will be more than glad to give my input on the E. I can however only compare it to smoking MJ.

I am really curious about the quality of the kick, I am only used to smoking with joints with tobacco. Smoking a blung (pure weed) doesnt do a awfull lot for me. We will just have to find out :brow:

Thanks guys

sleinad,

sleinad

OK, got it up and running :)

I have to admit I never checked the dimensions. By the pictures it looks big, but its small!

So I put everything together and preheated to 230 C for 30 min. Loaded the boal with some good MJ, probably half a gramm, maybe a third to half up to the black plastic. The MJ is grinded in a small acyrl grinder, it was enough for smoking.

preheat 30 min at 230
heat with loaded boal 15 min at 220

I tried the whip but quickly changed my mind and got a bag. I had the small whip attached to warm it better also, just didnt attach the bag yet. I turned the fan on 2 and when I started seeing vapor I attached the bag. Out of that bag I can take 3 really deep blows and hold in in for maybe 20 sec. There is vapor vissible, but really very very thin.

I stired the boal around and do that one or two more times with one load.

I repeated that 2 more times each with new load of about the same amount, totaling around 1.5 gramms.

The high kinda creeps up on you instead of kicking you in the back, personally I prefer first, more of bong effect (have never owned one!).

Smoking this I would need 3 joints each with 0,2-0,3 gr. MJ, so half of what I needed for the FIRST TRY today.

Am I doing something wrong??:uhoh:

sleinad,

bsandhu

im thinking you preheated way to long

try preheating the bowl and the bag attachment for 10 minutes at 230

then throw on your herbs for another 10 minuets at 230
turn down to 220 and turn on fan speed 2

the bag should be nice n thick

MAKE SURE YOUR SCREENS ARE CLEAN!!!!!!

or if you dont care if your whip gets dirty dont put a screen on the whip and put fan on speed 1 it will get a little dirty but you get WAY more vapor

bsandhu,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't think you can preheat it too long.

sleinad...it sounds like it is working well for you...why do you think you might be doing something wrong? Make sure you read the sticky on how to use the E, but it sounds like you did.

bsandhu...I never would have thought to not use the screens. This works for you?

stickstones,

sleinad

Actually yeah I think I got it working. Guess its like with all new things you just need a while to get used to it.

Its a funky gadget, nice looking and so much smaller than you think (and by not checking the measurements haha) by the pictures. The remote is cool, I dont think I have touched the knobs on the unit yet :cool:

It will need some fine tuneing. I will report.

I have to be honest and admit, I couldnt judge the different *buzz* today anyhow. Before the package arived, and before I had The E going, I had consumed something else already. So it wasnt a clean start from zero. But, oh, dont worry, it was also non combustional :D

All in all a fine unit. I really have to start from zero tomorrow, I am just ripped now anyhow.

My hope is, the high will be better and efficiency better than the first sessions today.
But this conclusion may be due to my current lack of judgement anyhow.

sleinad,

max

Out to lunch
Its a funky gadget, nice looking and so much smaller than you think
"smaller than you think" is almost a universal response when you unpack your vape. I don't know why manufacturers seem to never supply a frame of reference. They're always smaller than they appear when pictured. Tom's PD is an exception. You not only get a pic with familiar sized objects for contrast, he spells out the soda can size.

max,

sleinad

Oh boy I will be using quite some material tonight! Its already beyond trying to judge the high, its just practicing the right technology.

When using manual whip, just how slow do you pull? If you look at the loaded boal, do the herbs rise up a bit?

I read from sticktones when using the whip, he pulls 20 secs and holds for 30 sec. When I trying pulling that long, I have to ostop, I start caughing for a minute. And I am a daily cigarette smoker. I guess the volume is to high, so I have to pull less to go over 20 secs. I guess you could however also pull more in less time, that equals the same volume.

Whatever, how slow do you pull? Do the herbs rise just a bit?

I dont feel the high is high enough, but could be tolerance haha. When doing nothing all day, I would smoke 1,5 gr/day, making 3 hits each 2-3 joints, so 3 hits over the day.

Using bags

Out of 1 gr. I get 3 loaded boals, so thats 0,33 gr/load, less then what others seem to be using (0,5 gr/load). But I am already going half way to black or just slightly more and I dont want to pack it down.

I get 3 balloons out of boal stirring inbetween each balloon, but somehow I would expected the hit to me intense/higher (tolerance?).

Either way, 230 seems to be producing brownish MJ already after one or two bags, and you can smell a burny smell, or is it just imagination? That smelly balloon will also taste harsher.

The Mj is jack herrer very good quality, that cant be the problem.

Maybe the problem is just the expectation? Or not starting from zero, regarding judging the kick.

sleinad,

max

Out to lunch
I dont feel the high is high enough
The smoke high is different. There are a few 'analgesic' compounds that release at about 420 F or so, but mostly what you're missing with high temps and smoke are the couchlock producing toxins.

max,

sleinad

I was thinking that also. In combination with nicotine the THC high is quite different.

But I will be better able to judge tomorrow.

sleinad,

bsandhu

stickstones said:
bsandhu...I never would have thought to not use the screens. This works for you?
yes if you keep the fan on level 1 only it gets a lot dirtier but also alot more vapor collects in the bag

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
If your screen blocks that much vapor I'd say it's in bad need of cleaning. A clean screen doesn't block significant amounts of vapor with any vape.

max,

bsandhu

yeah but i lost one screen so i have to do what i gotta do it works just fine just needs to be cleaned mor often

bsandhu,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You can soak your screens in isopropyl alcohol, or even hot water and soap if you want to re-use them. I've done it in a pinch, they might be a bit mangled, but they still work. I can attest a clean, new screen makes all the world of difference however.

SpiralArchitect,

TheTree

When I use my E in bag mode I usually found the best temp to be around 190-200 C, and actually the same for whip (I was dissapointed with the whip mode at first with the Extreme but it is good once you get used to it). I usually just turn it on for 10-15 then put my loaded bowl on for another 10 and then take a slow but deep draw. It is somewhat hard to explain how I do this, I completely exhale then let the bottom of my lungs inflate naturally but slowly. When they are full I blow out a mass cloud of doomly vapor. I also fill the bowl to about 1/3 of the way up to to the black. It is more efficient this way I find and most of my spent herb is a light yellow/green/brown colour. Bump the temp down mate, I get black at 220-230 as well and I have gen 3.

I smoked about the same as you, but up to 2 grams a day. For the first couple of days from switching to a vape I burned through like 4 g a day trying to get high/figure out how to do it properly. I don't know what happened but after a few days of vapor only I was getting really high, as in higher than I had been in a long time and now smoking feels unsatisfactory compared to vaping. It also feels wasteful smoking now.

TheTree,

sleinad

@TheTree
Thats interesting for me, my smoking pattern was very similiar. How is your pattern with the E now?

A gramm per high? 3 boals out of a gramm? Or 4?

I can see a lot of of material being used for finding the pattern which fits best. In general, my experience is that all new drugs, or a new consumption method with a known material involves a learning phase. Basically I can only do one test a day, the first still being sober. After that its no testing possible. So yeah it takes time and material, I understand that.

Also, I can imagine that it takes some time to classify the high, and to then adapt your vaping style to get whatever kind of high you are seeking.

It surely is a neet machine, and it vaping is awesome :cool:

sleinad,

TheTree

I will now sit down to about .4-.5 and get 2-3 bowls for a session. Sometimes though, this isn't quite enough (like if it is earlier morning I don't get high easily :|), but if for example I had some in the morning then none til 8 PM I would be really high after 3 bowls. This is what I usually do now, but go through about .8 in the evening session (so I can get to sleep).

Yeah, it is a different type of high for sure, once you get accustomed to it it is great. There is also a distinct difference between bag and whip I have found, with the bag it is more like a J but with the whip I get a really chron hit, tingling in the nose and a numbish forehead before I blow the hit out hah. It is more like a bong hit I guess.

I usually have mid-high buds.

TheTree,

sleinad

Haha, ok, things are making more sense today. That was pretty nasty yesterday. I shouldnt be combining things anymore, I am getting too old for that.

So, I dont want to lose another word on yesterday, that was fun haha. In 12 h I ran about 2 gr. of ultra good jack herrer and snow white through the E and tried everything out.

After my second coffee this morning I flipped on the E to 210 and packed a bowl of ~0,25 gr.
Thanks to @TheTree! I was kinda feeling the same on boal laoding etc.

Anyhow, one boal of snow white (love to crush it with my fingers instead of in the grinder :D) 0,25 gr. with the whip is fun :cool: I stirr it around 2 to 3 more times and take another 2 shots at it, give or take.

I definately need a second boal though, those two give me an ok hit. But from here its tolerance, I have to stop for some days.

Im gonna over do it today again and prepare the bag for another 0.5g now, what the hell its sunday :brow:

Very nice unit, I really love it! The only thing that bothers me right now is, with the E you can really run through alot more material than smoking, thats gonna be pretty tricky.

I can also tell I am smoking less cigarettes (normal tobacco cigarettes), I didnt get a vape for health reasons, I guess thats still to come. When stoping smoking vaping could be a really neat thing.

OK guys, Ill give the bag a shot :ninja:

sleinad,

bsandhu

bags are wicked

hell im enjoying a nice bag of some afghani diesel while im typing!:D

bsandhu,

sleinad

bsandhu said:
hell im enjoying a nice bag of some afghani diesel while im typing!:D
I never had that! How is it? More body high or more couchlock?

Enjoy!

I would love to switch bags now to jack herrer again, but am staying to snow white so I can compare whip to bag. At least I will try!

sleinad,

bsandhu

its definetly a mind high not so much couch lock
but after you burn out it definetly knocks me out cold

bsandhu,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom