Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jx80

I am leaning towards ordering an extreme but was wandering if someone can give me an idea on the fan speeds, are they like a heat guns? Can someone give me an idea on how long it takes to fill a bag and what are the standard bag sizes? Thanks.

jx80,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I know nothing about heat guns, and the bag is probably about 18 inches long by about 8 inches in diameter (that is from memory, having never measured it and after not seeing a bag for a couple months...I've been whipping it).

It probably takes about 90 to 120 seconds to fill a bag on the highest fan setting, but again, I've never timed it and haven't used a bag in a while.

If someone else here wants to get all technical and measure it, go ahead. I've got too many kids around lately to drag out the bags. Sorry! :/

Just curious, but are you making a decision based on these parameters? There aren't many other bag vapes to compare it against anyhow, yes?

Oh shit...it's literally 4:20...gotta go! :D

stickstones,

NSXTACY

It doesn't take long to fill a standard bag, which is about the same size as a volcano bag(you can put bigger bags on it if you want, i did that myself). I personally fill mine on fan speed 1 or 2 i hardly ever fill mine at 3, just because the vapor is more concentrated and better quality. Even on fan speed one or two it doesn't take long at all, i just set it and go do something for a minute or 2 and when i get back it's full of dense vapor. On fan speed 3 it fills really fast but i would rather have quality over how long it takes to fill.. They all take around a minute or so to fill. I also prefer the bag over the whip a lot more, but with the whip i conserve a lot more vapor, since i never finish the whole bag. Peace

NSXTACY,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I do the same thing (when using the bag) as far as setting it and doing something in the meantime. I haven't tried a bag at any speed slower than 3, however...just too impatient! I will next time, though, especially if it gets better results!

I'm a little different in that the bag is more efficient for me because I run through the bags quite easily. I can get four big hits off one bag, and I usually do two bags right away. Then do another two off the same bowl later to top it off.

Come to think of it, I miss the bags...damn kids!! ;)

stickstones,

jx80

Thanks, sounds good. Does it come with a water pipe attachment? Can you have it attached to a water pipe and have the fan force air through it ,is that possible.

jx80,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
At one point I was taking a full bag (with an o-ring on the mouthpiece) and putting it in the stem of my bong and it worked great. You could also put the o-ring on the mouthpiece for the whip and draw through the bong or force draw through the bong with the fan on. I found that, for me, the bong filled with ice worked better than the bong filled with water.

Come to think of it, I really miss those bags pulled through the bong with all that ice cooling it down...some of the smoothest hits I've ever had...didn't even feel it! My kids have been staying up longer so I have had to go stealth with the E in my closet as I sneak in for the occassional whip pull. It's a great setup for stealth, but not so great for enjoying vapor at its finest.

I'm looking forward to when they are old enough to responsibly appreciate mj and we can be open about it!

stickstones,

jx80

Thanks Stickstones, I am guessing with the fan on through the water pipe, you can get huge hits?

jx80,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Honestly, the huge, thickest hits are always going to come from the whip. You'd probably want to do the bong setup and just suck through that to get cool, thick hits.

You guys have got me stoked! I got the wife to distract the kids while I have setup the bag through bong delivery...on fan speed 1...mmmmm.

stickstones,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hahahah YES! Gooo stickstones! Enjoy your E session man, why have such a versatile vaporizer if you don't get to use it's many delicious functions? Good thing you've got a partner, isn't teamwork awesome :lol:. I would love to try an E balloon some day, I bet they beat the pulp out of the bags I've sucked on...haha ewww. Also, the mouthpiece fitting into a down stem is such a bonus...enjoy!

partially veiled,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Damn!!!

Yupyup PV, I'm defintely enjoying! Blowing up the second bag now, but I'm already rocked. I'd forgotten how good those bags could be. I think I'm back to doing this all the time now, like I did in the beginning. You know what, no one can hear it on speed 1...but 3 was always a problem.

One thing that sucks, though. I cleaned all my glass last week and the bags are a bitch to reattach to the glass. I still haven't gotten it right, just good enough.

stickstones,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hmmmm, so the strategy is now to blow bags on speed 1, which results in a fan spin quiet enough to be preformed without alerting the nosy, and also provides a thicker, richer vapor. So, um, where's the compromise here?? :lol: Sounds like a freakin plan to me, SS. Anyone who doesn't have the "time" to wait for a thick, milky bag of vapor should probably find a new life. Nothing wrong with taking the time to do it right (and sounds like fan speed one does it right). :ko:

I'm sure you don't need this SS, but while we're on the subject, and since this is something that comes up from time to time...here is Rockwise's guide for constructing Extreme bags:

http://rockwise.net/bags.htm

partially veiled,

NSXTACY

Oh hell yea i used to do the bag in the bong trick all the time!! WOrks great, the mouthpiece fits right down to the bottom and then the little ridge on the mouthpiece seals it, absolutely perfect! But tell you the truth i enjoy straight vapor from the bag anyday over pre-cooled. And yes the mouthpiece on the whip also fits perfectly in a bong, gotta love it! ;)

Oh yea and i also use the speed 1 because it is quieter, very quiet actually, have to be stealth! :ninja:

Haha stick stones i can't even finish a whole bag(lightwieght) if i blow another i pass out... :lol:

Try hitting the whip on fan speed 3 you'll be choked....:ko:

NSXTACY,

jx80

Let me make sure i got this right. The extremes versatility can do the following- 1. Blow bags 2. Whip with the users lung power 3. Whip with the fan on 4. Bags can be used with the mouth piece to water pipes 5. The whip can be used with the fan through a water pipe or without the fan on through waterpipes? And all this with a remote, is this everything and correct? Cant wait to get this.

jx80,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
partially veiled said:
Hmmmm, so the strategy is now to blow bags on speed 1, which results in a fan spin quiet enough to be preformed without alerting the nosy, and also provides a thicker, richer vapor. So, um, where's the compromise here?? :lol: Sounds like a freakin plan to me, SS. Anyone who doesn't have the "time" to wait for a thick, milky bag of vapor should probably find a new life. Nothing wrong with taking the time to do it right (and sounds like fan speed one does it right). :ko:

I'm sure you don't need this SS, but while we're on the subject, and since this is something that comes up from time to time...here is Rockwise's guide for constructing Extreme bags:

http://rockwise.net/bags.htm
Yeah, I'm WAY too stoned for step 6...this is where I fail!

btw, I've noticed that some herb doesn't get as cloudy as others. And this particular batch is one of those. So I can't yet attest to it making thicker vapor, but it's definitely quiet!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
NSXTACY said:
Oh hell yea i used to do the bag in the bong trick all the time!! WOrks great, the mouthpiece fits right down to the bottom and then the little ridge on the mouthpiece seals it, absolutely perfect! But tell you the truth i enjoy straight vapor from the bag anyday over pre-cooled. And yes the mouthpiece on the whip also fits perfectly in a bong, gotta love it! ;)

Oh yea and i also use the speed 1 because it is quieter, very quiet actually, have to be stealth! :ninja:

Haha stick stones i can't even finish a whole bag(lightwieght) if i blow another i pass out... :lol:

Try hitting the whip on fan speed 3 you'll be choked....:ko:
Damn! I've never hit the whip with the fan on either! I've had this fucking thing since February and I still have so much to do!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jx80 said:
Let me make sure i got this right. The extremes versatility can do the following- 1. Blow bags 2. Whip with the users lung power 3. Whip with the fan on 4. Bags can be used with the mouth piece to water pipes 5. The whip can be used with the fan through a water pipe or without the fan on through waterpipes? And all this with a remote, is this everything and correct? Cant wait to get this.
Well when you put it that way...YES! Since it's my first vaporizer, I never thought of it like that. But try to find that in another vape!

I'll be back later...gotta tuck the kids in and do another couple of bags through my cooled bong!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OK...it's 10:15pm and the whole house is asleep. I'm gonna take my E out of the closet and love her long time six ways from Sunday. First we're gonna do it fan-speed-3-whip style, then direct-draw-through-the-bong style, and then we'll do whatever she wants!

Stickstones out.

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
heh, i keep going back and fourth in my head between the ssv and the extreme, bags are starting to make more sense to me as well..... vaporgenie will be my first vape, but the real decision is whats going to be my second :lol:

loading up a big bong on fan speed 1 then switching the fan off and milking it sounds mighty fine
the extreme uses 18mm gong connectors right?

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm not usre about what size the connectors are...I only know it's been talked about somewhere in the 50+ pages of E talk...sorry.

Using the whip with the fan on was very cool last night. It was how I imagined royalty getting high...spoon fed. Putting a tube in your mouth and being force fed vapor was great, like having girls ask you to sleep with them instead of having to work for it!

stickstones,

jx80

If it is 18.8, is there a way to go to 14.5mm? Everything sounds great with the extreme but does any one have any concerns with the plastic whips or plastic bags? Is the vapor even hot enough to release and bad chemicals? I noticed some tubing at Home depot and on the side of the box, it says contains chemicals that are known for causing cancer. This was one of the reasons I was thinking heat gun directly into a glass hit to avoid some plastic or use a soldering iron. Maybe I am over worrying here?

jx80,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Extreme, silver surfer, and others all use medical grade tubing so you dont have to sweat that.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
The Estreme, silver surfer, and others all use medical grade tubing so you dont have to sweat that.
Well, food grade anyway, but that's good enough. The vape makers usually have pretty good prices on extra tubing too. Another good source is US Plastic Corp (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp - use the Tygon Tubing product catagory). That's where Tom gets his Polypropylene rod stock for vapor tubes.

As for the bags, well, they're really oven bags, and if they're safe for the high temps in ovens, they're certainly safe for vapor bags.

max,

jx80

If the remote breaks, are you temporarily out of luck or does the unit have buttons? Also, it is all glass on glass except the screens, are they necessary, is the hole very big?

jx80,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The unit has a menu button that you can access to control all of its temperature and fan settings, as well as the timer, so the remote is not necessary. That being said, it is more cumbersome using it without the remote.

The hole is the size of my pinkie. The screens are absolutely necessary.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom