Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
NSXTACY said:
Hmmm very intresting, can you get full melt from doing the alcohol trick. Heres a link: http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...uides-homemade-hash-step-step-pictorials.html
I hope that makes full melt hash because it looks easy to do. Thanks
nop it is not ....this is QWISO HASH ...it is important to make the difference between :

- QWISO EXTRACTION

- BHO EXTRACTION (buthane hash oil )

- WATER EXTRACTION ------where come from the fmcd

of course you'll get resin for final result but it just depend of you ....I have try probably all technic on the net + some other one and the best is water extraction (with bubble bags,payload bags ..ect..or with gumbi+rosin extraction metod ) and BHO ....but water extraction is cleaner IMO cause you just use water and ice ....but well purge buthan extraction (bho) work as hell too

hope it help

PS: take care when you playin with solvent or gaz ....a lot of people had big casuality so ..whatch out

Clear_Dome,

NSXTACY

So qwiso extraction isn't as good, and you can never make full melt with it?
I would never use solvents, besides alcohol. But the water method looks easy just expensive.
By the way, what is so great about full melt bubble hash?
thanks and sorry im off topic... theres nothing else about the extreme to talk about at this moment.

NSXTACY,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yeah maybe you can make bubble with qwiso but the name fullmelt clear dome is only attach to water hash extraction ..and alcohol = solvent like buthane is

hope it help

Clear_Dome,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I had to use my vaporite again for wake &bake, this mourning,ah well, made me realise my temp was way to high, prolly ? I wasn't getting the best out of it, Which is a great thing about the Extreme, cause it's so easy to get things right and hav a great result, it makes you re evaluate your shit, I'll prolly learn the VG a lot quicker because of the E experience. oh yeah it is a good idea to have multiple Vapes, for me anyway,Gift em & you'l always find one :cool:

Cannabudz,

NSXTACY

Does anybody know if you can you full melt hash in the extreme? I was thinking wouldn't the melted resin fall down into the heater? Or can you prevent this? I am going to try to make some QWISO soon and try it in the extreme. Any suggestions?

NSXTACY,

marcuss

above the clouds
NSXTACY said:
Does anybody know if you can you full melt hash in the extreme? I was thinking wouldn't the melted resin fall down into the heater? Or can you prevent this? I am going to try to make some QWISO soon and try it in the extreme. Any suggestions?
;) i'm sure the extreme is working very well with your memory :ko: .....i wrote this in my previous post:

"Anyway you don't need to put hash down the screen...just leave it on a small amount of green and if your stuff is full melt you'll see it bubbling 'till it will completly disappear!!Higher grade vapor!"

a small amount of plant material avoid full melt to go through the screen....taste like heaven!

marcuss,

NSXTACY

:ko::lol:
Yea alright i will try that. But do you think it will get hot enough in the extreme?

NSXTACY,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Hi all, got my new replacement Extreme today, it was sick getting to know the new VG too over the last few day's, cause i knew the flavour i was after i found low and slow was the go. b4 with the last X i was @ 220c to 250 vaping light and tastee now with the new i'm down to 195c and lovin that shit, I dry my shit out with the fan @ vent of the ps3 and preheat 10 mins in the bowl and vroom vroom, bags are great and all, but i like to whip it for hours (stirring of course ess 4 even the VG)on the one or two bowls(.03grms) like devo sang you must whip it good :lol:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I'm curious, why is it so important for a herb preheat with the extreme but not other vapes ( VG included but moreso a dryness issue there). seriously it's like theres nothing without the pre-heat.

Cannabudz,

chocogray

Hello guys I'm new! Just wanted to say that although this is my first post, I have been studying all your comments for awhile. Thanks to all your awesome advice and detailed convo I purchased my first vape (Extreme Vaporizer). I was going to vape pretty much without a doubt ever since I had been hitting my cousins volcano and recent irritation from the blunts and the bong. Waiting for the extreme to arrive is torture, hopefully it will be here soon!!! thanks guys.

chocogray,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Hey chocogray welcome ,the Volco maybe great,I havn't tried it but you will be most satisfied with the E the remote is a keeper but not allways necesary, give you a couple of serious goes @ the E and you may feel about smoking what most here do.

oy oy oy Fuck Combustion:D

Cannabudz,

max

Out to lunch
The vaporization society gains another member. Welcome to the ranks choco! :tup:

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
chocogray said:
. Waiting for the extreme to arrive is torture, hopefully it will be here soon!!! thanks guys.
I can sympythise with you Choco. The time I have waiting for my PD to skip across the Pacific Ocean I am perfecting my crap digi box vape ... which is actually working quite good now with some manual temp control :disgust: so I can at least get vape on. Welcome to the brotherhood.

vaporcloud,

deep

I have spent some more time with the extreme and overall I have mixed feeling.

I just don't feel like its efficient as it should be. My friends 150 vapir seems conserve weed a lot better.
I was also wondering you you think the extreme compares to the volcano in efficiency. My friends say a cano gets 4 people ripped of .1g where as the extreme is seems to take 5 times that.

So any thoughts on efficiency of the exteme vs others.

So far am not as impressed as I thought i was. I feel like I should have gone for a vapir 5.0 or a cano.

deep,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
/\

I can't comment from personal experience but I wouldn't think the Extreme to be super efficient (did this thread give you that impression?), its bowl seems pretty big for that. In the product video he loads up the bowl with what looks like near half a gram.

From what I've seen the Volcano has an even larger diameter bowl, doesn't look look like 0.1g would properly fill it either. 4 people ripped with 0.1g is probably a bit of an exaggeration.

You'll probably get better with the Extreme after some time, it seems to have a higher learning curve than some others. But if you're after uber efficiency, there are probably vapes better suited to that. From what I've seen and heard, the Purple-Days fits that bill. It has a very small diameter bowl and a short travel. Check out the PD Experience thread for some other peoples thoughts on that, jeffp mentioned high efficiency specifically. The Vapolution is another that comes to mind. Though, neither of those blow bags if that's a requirement.

But yeah, I'd think the Extreme to be more of a party vape... same with the cano. No comment on the Vapir... I doubt you'd have much trouble trading your Extreme for one along with some change. ;)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, I only have two vapes, the E and the VaporGenie...and I've only been vaping since February. However, I think the E would probably be middle of the road as far as efficiency goes. The VG is more efficient then the E, and probably for the same reason as the PD...it only holds a little and doesn't have far to travel. I have found that the less I put in the E's bowl, the more efficient it is. If I load it up it will get a thicker hit, but I don't think it goes as far as if I were to hit it in smaller batches.

stickstones,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
For my :2c: worth, i think the Extreme if used @ low temp's as intended perhaps, is very economical with herb many times more than a cheap hot box vape,prolly the VG, So much so i'm using less(buying other cool shit)and trying old recipe's again too-boot, My replacement is running sick, 3rd run apparently a new in line fuse thingy on the power lead the only noticble change,i'm boiling @ 195c 4 a few stirs then increasing 5 or 10 degres with the whip with long lasting sessions on .03 grams@least 60 mins with a leisurely pace, I love the way you can put down the whip & come back to it whenevr within reason,manual operation of menu will give 60min or 3 hour sleep for going to sleep @ night with essential oil as i do, just a drop or two on a thin cotton swab is cheap compared to other options, & 4 me very effective:cool:

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
While we're on the subject, has anyone measured the minimum load for the Extreme's bowl? And don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting it-- you can't have everything in one vape, it would be dumb for it to have a tiny bowl with all it does.

Perhaps a custom smaller bowl would be looking into just to see how it works. I'm looking at you C_D. :brow:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have filled mine to about a third of the way up to the black line and gotten two good whip hits out of it.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
My friends 150 vapir seems conserve weed a lot better.
The Vapir One I take it? I've never heard anyone praise that one for efficiency. Just the opposite if anything.

My friends say a cano gets 4 people ripped of .1g where as the extreme is seems to take 5 times that.
Those 4 your friends are talking about must be Munchkins with no tolerance levels to get ripped on the equivalent of .025g. That's about the amount you get in the Purple-Days bowl, and while that much can get me high, I certainly wouldn't call it ripped.

From using the Extreme in manual mode (V-Tower), I wouldn't give it top marks in efficiency, but it wasn't bad either. I had no problem at all with overcooking. Are you using it in bag mode only? Not having used the Extreme as a bag vape, I can't speak for efficiency there, but as long as the air is in the correct temp range, and gets to all the herb in the bowl, it should be pretty efficient since your air flow and temp are constant.

I've used a herbalAire quite a bit over the last two years, and it's definitely the equal of the Volcano for efficiency. In fact, most people who have used both rate the herbalAire higher. Having a smaller bowl and using 18 tiny holes for hot air intake seems to make a difference. You don't even grind for the herbalAire-just plop a piece in the bowl. But even with the efficient herbie, I've felt like a good whip vape uses less to achieve the same result.

I'd rate my SSV as a little more efficient than I remember the V-Tower being, although the laser like stream of hot air from the SSV can overcook if your heat is high and you don't move the bowl around a little. The SSV is tops in vapor to air ratio-definitely richer hits than the Extreme. The guy who now owns my V-Tower also has a nice box vape and the Vapir Oxygen Mini, and the V-Tower is his favorite for home use. The Vapolution can be very efficient but only if you're very patient and careful. If you're not you can burn your bowl very quickly. The Purple-Days is the most efficient electric vape on the market IMO, but it certainly doesn't give you bag use (or the big whip hits). Only you can decide what's most important to you.

I don't think you'd be much happier with the Volcano. It's high quality, but the Extreme and herbalAire are its equal as far as producing good vapor. I also agree with stick about loading less for more efficiency. When I loaded twice as much in my herbalAire, it never seemed to give me twice as much vapor.

max,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Just one thing to add to my post, i Have to send the 4 week old E back to canada, thats cool because arizer did send me a replacement express no cost from thier end, so all things considered im cool, I have to say it the E gets me a more profound experience everytime compared to the4 other vapes iv'e used, bong's,joint's,hash on knives, shit LSD mushies have never rocked my time ,space perception as the E does with good hydro, i'm keen to try some home made alcho hash with fresh herb if i'm able to communicate after a try i'll let ya know about it :lol:

Cannabudz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom