The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Remembered that the transformer/black box probably needs time to store some juice before it ramps up and so I left the EQ plugged in, but off for a while.
After enough worry time and promising to never take it from the house again, It got back into the old swing of things.:rockon: Then I got my EQ to milk out some vapor like it never has before. Whew! Was so glad that wasn't going back to Canada.

What in the fucking fuck fucker? You mean to say that if I leave it plugged in but switched off it will heat up faster? That explains why on a Friday evening if I break out the EQ it is never as satisfying as it is on say Saturday or Sunday before he goes back in the cupboard.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I leave my transformer running all the time. When you unplug it the green light stays on for ages. This shows how much power is stored.

I was skeptical about this when @CuckFumbustion posted. But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Although you would think the transformer would provide enough power almost instantly. More research needed on this. I'm not completely convinced this is the issue.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I always wondered about that & never paid the green light staying on as anything more than some weird Canadian power thing. I do know that I have to use a separate outlet fr my EQ to work as I cannot plug it into a powerboard for example. I think mine has a US plug but I purchased it from AV & it came with a little adapter plug. Never had any problems though & the EQ is pretty much bulletproof.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
What in the fucking fuck fucker? You mean to say that if I leave it plugged in but switched off it will heat up faster? That explains why on a Friday evening if I break out the EQ it is never as satisfying as it is on say Saturday or Sunday before he goes back in the cupboard.
Mine definitely had me worried a short time after I brought it home. I was all proud of myself because I found the perfect (FREE :brow:) camera case for the EQ to fit in.
Then when It was home, I noticed how weak it was behaving right away. :ugh: Did I knock something loose perhaps? Is the sensor whacked? Tried nearly everything else. Remembered the green light earlier and how long it stays likes to stay on after I unplug it. Plus there was already a conversation about power box going into the EQ in this thread, co-incidently.

At the time, When it seemed to not work as well, the glass connection wasn't heating up the bowl at all hardly. All the heat seemed to be coming through the center. That was when I did a thorough taking things apart and cleaning. Still nothing. Let it set for 10mins, meh. All my other heat up tricks would work a little, but without the boost from convection heat from the bowl. Kind of like when I was using my old cyclone bowl. :haw:

Got to thinking about the green box possibly being some sort of transformer. Then I unplugged an then re-plugged the EQ but left it off. Possibly draining any electronics memory, just before I recharged everything. That seemed to work. Later when my glass pieces would hot-fuse together, I wouldn't complain one bit. :bowdown: Good times.

Nugg

I had my EQ replaced under warranty a little while ago and it never seemed as good as the first one. I think it's time I open her up and see if I can put it back together any better. I'm pretty handy with the mini screwdriver set lol.

I will also try leaving the power brick on for a while before I turn the EQ on. I'm in the habit of turning everything off at the socket when I'm not using it.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I mentioned before on previous pages about how a strip and rebuild can give your eq a new life. I have stripped and rebuilt too many times to remember. Iv spent hours adjusting the heater components by tiny amount and rebuild, then strip, adjust, rebuild, over and over again until I achieved the perfect setup. The heater cover has an amount of tolerance with its position, as does the ceramic heater core inside. Try stripping it down and moving the assembly up 1mm within the high temp plastic housing. But make sure your mesh is touching your element by the end.

Nugg

But make sure your mesh is touching your element by the end.

I think I already know what the problem is already. If you poke the mesh that is over the heater it inverts then pops back out. If I remember correctly my old one had the mesh tight over the top of the heater.

I won't have time to try to fix it until Sunday.

Any other tips?

@Stevenski I look forward to being :razz: :razz: :razz: :D

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Have you had it apart before then?
Shouldn't be like that from stock.

That is wrong, it must be touching the element. This means your element is either too low or you have the mesh sticking above the glass heater loads. Pull it apart and move it. It's a 10 minute job. Also when you look at the top of the ceramic heat element, see if it looks melted or scorched. This happens when it is not properly seated.

I found the best set up is to have the element flush with the top of the glass, and the mesh would just sick up about 1mm. Tight to the element.

And make sure not to trap the sensor wire when reassembling.

Do it now. It 14 screws. And 2 cables. Good luck

Last edited:

Nugg

Ok I just went and unlocked the shed and got the EQ. Turns out I was wrong, the mesh is pretty tight over the heating element but it doesn't look central in the glass heater cover.

Nugg

The element didn't look central in the heater. When I took it apart and took the glass cover off it wqs definitely crooked. I think I've straightened it now though.
There was 3 layers of insulation around the glass cover but when I tried to reassemble I had to take one layer off to get it back together properly. Is that going to be a problem?

uDoNR2h.jpg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
As long as it is secure with the 2. I find with only 2, I could twist the glass cover once assembled, I am happier with 3 heat insulation sleeves and slightly looser screws. This seems to lock it in place better. But once you clamp the glass back, before you put metal sleeve back on, try to twist it. If it doesnt move, your fine.

CuckFumbustion

The element didn't look central in the heater. When I took it apart and took the glass cover off it wqs definitely crooked. I think I've straightened it now though.
There was 3 layers of insulation around the glass cover but when I tried to reassemble I had to take one layer off to get it back together properly. Is that going to be a problem?

uDoNR2h.jpg
So about the 18mm glass cover on the right of this picture. Does those metal parts slide out? Is the glass part pretty much an 18mm male with about 1 1/2 inches of straight tube? I'm seeing more ordinary glass parts that resemble this. Anything more info about that area (or any internal details) would be helpful.

If I had a second EQ, I'd be more comfortable upgrading the glass and a few other internals. Perhaps I'll scour the older EQ posts for ideas.

CuckFumbustion

What metal parts do you mean. The mesh inside the heater cover?

And yes the heater cover is an 18.8mm gg with straight tube, but its has a lug to locate and collect the air path I think..
I guess I do? :hmm: So could I say take a generic 18.8 gg with a straight tube and replace mine? or is this lug area an indentation with the glass for the mesh to rest inside in? Is it essential?
I've heard of some using unconventional parts. But you and a few other posters here seem to know the spec for spacing and placement for a normal optimum EQ setup.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Maybe lug is the wrong word. Flange?
It's basicly a nose shaped piece that sticks out at the very bottom of the cover. It's facing the table in the pic above.. it's hard to see but you can see the imperfections in the glass where it has been shaped. . I don't think it is essential, as I have put it back to front so the node scoop is out of the air path. And it does impact the fan power, slower bag fill. But still works. Just not as well, so I put mine back the correct way.

CuckFumbustion

Look at the link below, it shows how to use a 18mm M/M part to make an even stronger connection. My cats and myself have knocked over the EQ several times with no problems; this replacement part is hard to break!
Thanks again @Dr. Soxhlet for jogging my memory. Yes! ^^^" ***Emergency EQ Heater Cover Repair*** "

I was thinking of that article when I meant unconventional earlier. :nod: It looked like an upgrade to me, when I saw the photo. So why not get the same with a thicker glass wall, upgrade the insulation? or at least get to know a tighter method of weaving it over the glass? And that was part of my questions to all of you who took apart your EQ further than I have. Or any FCer with something to add. @kellya86 thanks for the flange info.

Still want like to hear anything more about the sensors and electronics, etc. Before I decide to get with the glass heater cover., :peace:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I seriously seem to have my EQ tuned up better then ever & I think I may have found her finest hour (well 15 minutes anyway). Anyone who wants a good face melter should try this at home :tup:.

• Hookup EQ with 18mm F/F, Elbow or SSV/DDave stem with empty basket screen .
  • Turn on EQ to 260 & set the fan level to 1 & find something to do for for 30 minutes.
  • I used that time to pre heat my bong & pre load my elbow screens as follows
  • 2 x .1g, 2 x .12g & 1 x .13g loads (the .13g being extra sweet as the last load of the bowl)
  • Get a cool drink as you will need one as badly as I did.
  • Set the temperature to 230 & load the first load, leave for a minute or so to heat sink the load
  • Take one long continuous hit, clear bong, exhale like a fucking dragon breathing vapour in the in/out manner we all know & love :science:.
  • Repeat with every load & finish inside 15 minutes (this is critical for me at least)
  • Sit back & relax, maybe take 45 minutes to type a post on FC?

I have ever, ever had my EQ work this well. That last rebuild did wonders for it & I have left it plugged in for once. I now know exactly how I will convert people from smoking a cone out here. I am seriously blazed at a solid 8, functional but I have not attempted to move yet :lol:.

Doing the above makes me both love & hate my EQ. That would have lasted me the rest of tonight with my Air most likely & now I will have to grind up more. I can't complain about the way it hits me but it makes me chew through weed like crazy. Then again I did vape 1.7 through my Air yesterday & am nowhere near as fucked as I am typing right now. Now I don't know what to think :shrug:. Either way the above method to madness is good so try it sometime.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

After the shenanigans of a couple of hours ago I have made the judgement call that since I have to work tomorrow I will do a reverse 9-5 in honour of the fucked up week I will surely have.

Allow me to present the .5 @ 9 as it is 9.00pm where I am at & I have been working hard at my vape station.

q1biwQ7.jpg

*Edit: It is now 9.25pm & I decided to finish the eveninsgs festivities by having a 6 & out with a .2 sandwich with a good dose of the kief in the vial. The EQ is a powerhouse when warmed up properly. I keep it to the weekend because I would never pack 7 Air stems + kief & consume within 15 minutes.....

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

I seriously seem to have my EQ tuned up better then ever & I think I may have found her finest hour (well 15 minutes anyway). Anyone who wants a good face melter should try this at home :tup:.

• Hookup EQ with 18mm F/F, Elbow or SSV/DDave stem with empty basket screen .
  • Turn on EQ to 260 & set the fan level to 1 & find something to do for for 30 minutes.
  • I used that time to pre heat my bong & pre load my elbow screens as follows
  • 2 x .1g, 2 x .12g & 1 x .13g loads (the .13g being extra sweet as the last load of the bowl)
  • Get a cool drink as you will need one as badly as I did.
  • Set the temperature to 230 & load the first load, leave for a minute or so to heat sink the load
  • Take one long continuous hit, clear bong, exhale like a fucking dragon breathing vapour in the in/out manner we all know & love :science:.
  • Repeat with every load & finish inside 15 minutes (this is critical for me at least)
  • Sit back & relax, maybe take 45 minutes to type a post on FC?

I have ever, ever had my EQ work this well. That last rebuild did wonders for it & I have left it plugged in for once. I now know exactly how I will convert people from smoking a cone out here. I am seriously blazed at a solid 8, functional but I have not attempted to move yet :lol:.

Doing the above makes me both love & hate my EQ. That would have lasted me the rest of tonight with my Air most likely & now I will have to grind up more. I can't complain about the way it hits me but it makes me chew through weed like crazy. Then again I did vape 1.7 through my Air yesterday & am nowhere near as fucked as I am typing right now. Now I don't know what to think :shrug:. Either way the above method to madness is good so try it sometime.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

After the shenanigans of a couple of hours ago I have made the judgement call that since I have to work tomorrow I will do a reverse 9-5 in honour of the fucked up week I will surely have.

Allow me to present the .5 @ 9 as it is 9.00pm where I am at & I have been working hard at my vape station.

q1biwQ7.jpg

*Edit: It is now 9.25pm & I decided to finish the eveninsgs festivities by having a 6 & out with a .2 sandwich with a good dose of the kief in the vial. The EQ is a powerhouse when warmed up properly. I keep it to the weekend because I would never pack 7 Air stems + kief & consume within 15 minutes.....

Nice ready-up list for a Power session. Even has bullet points. :D Noticed how you went for maxing the method for preheating everything and incorporated your packing
into the list. Saving time and effort with your power rip session.

I finally felt like things came together with My EQ after the cleaning. I use an ordinary wand to pack my bowls. Just put the screen in another wand and draw from the other end like a straw. :p Lightly tamp with EQ packing tool. Take the screen out. Repeat until all my hats are filled. Good time to do this while the EQ is warming up.

My Quick start with 210 MAX (plus a little bit about my setup.)
  • Plug in EQ. Let it hang for 10m +. If already plugged in, even better.
  • Get my F/F short bowl and dstem wand.
Two pieces that get hot quickly and conduct heat well. So I don't cool off the bowl with each draw. It's a thick narrower glass downstem that conducts heat quite well. :nod:It also elbow packs quite well. Have a large 19mm glass piece that I bought recently, which goes over the dstem. The dstem having 6 hole notches instead of an adapter end. Even that gets a little warm with a proper pre-heat. The 19mm is thick and has a lot of volume and easy to grab/clutch. Have an adapter set up with that going to my two perk bubbler.
  • Preheat EQ until 255C. Run on fan 1 thru 3 for 1 minute. Check bubbler for how well it bubbles. Re-position anything if needed. Just enough time to preheat the air from EQ to water tool.
  • Turn off fan. Set EQ to 210C. Let EQ drop to near 210C. Insert smallest filled elbow/tip pack first. Needs less heat, plus EQ can heat up that much more for next pack.
  • Let everything hang for a minute or so. The metal screen heats up quickly when wedged between two preheated pieces of glass. With trapped hot air.
I can extract at 185C and the vapor is more flavorful and fresh minty ting-a-lingy. But 210C is more of a sure thing every time.
As a separate session, I save all my ABV and use the 19mm glass as a bowl and finish off anything lighter tan. Love the new 19mm glass piece.:luv:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I don't mind lower temps on the EQ myself but if I go to the trouble of setting it up I want to take a trip to Mars these days. Nice setup you have there too. Do you use a J hook for the ashcatcher or a whip?

CuckFumbustion

I don't mind lower temps on the EQ myself but if I go to the trouble of setting it up I want to take a trip to Mars these days. Nice setup you have there too. Do you use a J hook for the ashcatcher or a whip?
210C with my method will extract but not scorch so much. Usually the range somewhere between thick milky to heavy vapor gas. There is plenty to 'cough to get off' every time. Letting it set in the EQ more seems to help it get on the milky side. Higher temps will 'get er dun' but then you have to scrape the screens and it is harsh on the throat. Quick extraction with lower temps is my aim.:tup: But good to know that you can board that ship to Mars on full power, if messing with the lower temps doesn't take you there. :nod:

What does it pass thru? @Stevenski? It is a tall glass setup going to my two perk bubbler with chimney heat in mind.:brow:

After it all passes through my two perk bubbler, I have a favorite hookah tipped whip end which attached to a 14mm wand and hose. Through the magic of silicone hose.:science: (It's the 14mm wand from the @DDave kit) The two perk bubbler does all the work. The hookah tip hole is small enough to make it easier to pause and put down the wand without losing vapor.

Last edited:

UH60FLT

Hey guys first post and longtime lurker. I recently got into vaping this year and I've been thuroughtly enjoying my MFLB and the Extreme-Q. This weekend I bought my first piece of glass and fell in love at first hit. So much more vapor with minimal effort plus it looks and feels amazing when administering my medication. Here's a pic of my setup. I just ordered my DDave adapter from Ebay today too so I look forward to the better whip and bowl!

JtsAQmJ.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey guys first post and longtime lurker. I recently got into vaping this year and I've been thuroughtly enjoying my MFLB and the Extreme-Q. This weekend I bought my first piece of glass and fell in love at first hit. So much more vapor with minimal effort plus it looks and feels amazing when administering my medication. Here's a pic of my setup. I just ordered my DDave adapter from Ebay today too so I look forward to the better whip and bowl!

JtsAQmJ.jpg
@UH60FLT
Welcome to FC!

Nice setup! Nice water tool!

You're really going to enjoy the flexibility and performance the kit provides!

Quick question, the water pipe, is it 18mm? Surprise announcement. I'm going to add free whip water tool adapters to the EQ kits, starting with yours!!!

Vape On!
DDave
:rockon:

Top Bottom