The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ronads

Ah you got the old style tube. It's not great, and not suitable for iso cleaning. They come with new silicone tube now.
It's suitable for iso clean and much more flexible and obviously non toxic platinum cured.

The one you want from vapefiend.com is the 8mm diameter / 1.5mm wall thickness. I'm sure your pvc tube will still be ok till then. Give it a rinse with hot water if your worried.

Or if you order the @DDave kit, it comes with silicone tube.
Thanks for replying! I think I'll just wait then till me kit arrives!

Sorry for all the questions! I'm very very interested in Vapor Bonging from the eq. :science: I haven't got a bong, but I believe the joint has to be 18.8? I'd like a glass bong. Really I'm just wondering, is a smaller bong better than a big one for creamyness? I'd like to use the ddave mod and start vapor bonging. I'd be buying the bong specifically for it. Is it easy to knock over when bonging? I'm pretty clumsy and I can imagine the kitten wanting to play with it:p Ive seen some pretty crazy set ups, but really I would like to have the vapor cooler more than anything. I love the high temps right now it's more similar to smoking and as I'm just transitioning over I don't want to damage my throat more than it has been.

Took a really harsh hit and my throat burned like never before!! Not even when smoking it pure. I can still feel it in my mind lol. :ko:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yeah I noticed you said you filled a bag at 260. My eq has never gone past 230.
I normally start at 185 and end at 210.
This is better on the throat. Takes my breath away and I love that. Makes me feel like iv smoked so it satisfies. Iv only been vaping a few months myself.

Try lower temps.

I cannot advise on water as I do not partake in the wet vaping. I feel it removes an amount of active compounds. And I worry about back pressure getting my eq wet. Or just breaking it.

I feel no need for it as my dry vapour is very nice.

I'm sure someone else here will advise you better.

The Undecided

Thanks for replying! I think I'll just wait then till me kit arrives!

Sorry for all the questions! I'm very very interested in Vapor Bonging from the eq. :science: I haven't got a bong, but I believe the joint has to be 18.8? I'd like a glass bong. Really I'm just wondering, is a smaller bong better than a big one for creamyness? I'd like to use the ddave mod and start vapor bonging. I'd be buying the bong specifically for it. Is it easy to knock over when bonging? I'm pretty clumsy and I can imagine the kitten wanting to play with it:p Ive seen some pretty crazy set ups, but really I would like to have the vapor cooler more than anything. I love the high temps right now it's more similar to smoking and as I'm just transitioning over I don't want to damage my throat more than it has been.

Took a really harsh hit and my throat burned like never before!! Not even when smoking it pure. I can still feel it in my mind lol. :ko:
I am not expert myself but this what I came up with. First you have to think about what you want out of your vapor , do you want smoothness but less flavor or do you want maximum flavor with less smoothness. And of course you can get a balance of the two somewhat. If you want maximum smoothness get a piece with percs because diffusion(amount of bubbles ) of the percs cools and conditions the vapor ,but it takes away from the flavor. On the other hand if you want more flavor get a piece with less percs or a perc designed for keeping the flavor like a diffusion pump.those pieces will some what condition the vapor but it is at a minimum. Then on to size, a bigger piece will have more air volume for the vapor to mix making it cooler and less flavorful. A smaller piece will have less air volume to mix with, so the vapor is more concentrated making it more flavorfulike and little bit warmer. Also you can milk a smaller piece easier then a bigger one.

With that being said it's all about personal preference. I like using a big beaker which is fairly easy to milk with DDave mod.
I also recommend just looking online and in store's for a piece that speaks/appeals to you in whatever way. Since pieces are functional works of art. And yes the elbows of the EQ are 18mm so if you want to use those you need a 18mm joint on the piece.
I hope all this makes since!

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'm a big eq fan too. So much so I just got another one.
Since you have a pair of EQ twins. I was wondering this. So if you turn on the remote, Do both units turn on at the same time? I presume the IR is the same in all units.
Something to consider if you plan on expierementing. :science:

I think I've almost finally kicked smoking, though I still occasionally indulge though I don't enjoy it. If I was religious I'd say it's a miracle lol!
My friends say they want to buy vapes now. I'm glad that for one night I got my friends to join me off the smokes. It is a small change but the seed is planted now. My bf and other friends just vape with me now too. Most people seem to not mind joining me on the vape. The flat smells much better, and when I walk into the kitchen after someone has smoked it reeks!!
:clap:Good on you for kicking smoking! And good on you again for transitioning quickly from new user to changing your bf and friends. :rockon:If you read some of the posts and threads in this forum, It can be difficult to get your friends on board too. Thanks for sharing your success story.

ronads

Yeah I noticed you said you filled a bag at 260. My eq has never gone past 230.
I normally start at 185 and end at 210.
This is better on the throat. Takes my breath away and I love that. Makes me feel like iv smoked so it satisfies. Iv only been vaping a few months myself.

Try lower temps...

I do like the lower temps, but I find that the 'smack you in the back of the head' high you get off of the high temps just suits me. I've got anxiety and sometimes the lower temps really make my heart race and I miss the heavier compunds. I am slightly concerned about the benzene being released but I'm trying not to worry about it too much.

On the other hand if you want more flavor get a piece with less percs or a perc designed for keeping the flavor like a diffusion pump.those pieces will some what condition the vapor but it is at a minimum. Then on to size, a bigger piece will have more air volume for the vapor to mix making it cooler and less flavorful. A smaller piece will have less air volume to mix with, so the vapor is more concentrated making it more flavorfulike and little bit warmer. Also you can milk a smaller piece easier then a bigger one.....!

Thanks for the reply! It makes sense think I need to do some reading about percs! I do prefer harshness with flavour, always enjoyed the throat tickle when smoking. I've noticed since quitting that when smoking my e-cig, at the beginning it was not harsh enough with a high vg to pg ratio. Now it's just perfect and I haven't changed anything. So I think I'm adjusting. I think if I get a bong it will be a smaller one with less percs?

I had a good browse the other day but seeing all the different percs etc was a bit off putting when you don't really know all that much about bongs. They are so pretty though!! A work of art is right!

:clap:Good on you for kicking smoking! And good on you again for transitioning quickly from new user to changing your bf and friends. :rockon:If you read some of the posts and threads in this forum, It can be difficult to get your friends on board too. Thanks for sharing your success story.

Hey thanks! I'm working on them! :p I think just explaining that it will get you higher than ever for less weed seems to work on my friends. It worked on me haha. Getting them to fully move over to vaping is another story though. Quitting smoking is hard to say the least. The reason I managed to finally stop is that I just started to really taste what I was smoking. I 'lost' my smokers tongue I think.

CuckFumbustion

@ronads . Glass is a wide subject in this thread. Many people here get some variation of the D020. I have a simple Dual shower head perc that I have working well with my EQ. Shortest path of whip hose between the two for max air efficiency. I can bubble my perc on Fan setting 1 without taking a draw. On Fan setting 3, I can almost fill a vape bag with filtered vapor. :2c: Happy hunting.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Since you have a pair of EQ twins. I was wondering this. So if you turn on the remote, Do both units turn on at the same time? I presume the IR is the same in all units.
Something to consider if you plan on expierementing. :science:

The answer to that is yes, to control them individually I'll need a centre screen. And a good one. IR is good at bouncing around and finding it's target.

After 2 eq purchases, 1 with the new all glass mini whip, and the multiple orders from @DDave and 7th floor, I have quite the collection of glass now. I'm really quite dissapointed that the new mini whip is not a standard 14mm gg joint. So my 14 ddave want doesn't fit.

ronads

@ronads . Glass is a wide subject in this thread. Many people here get some variation of the D020. I have a simple Dual shower head perc that I have working well with my EQ. Shortest path of whip hose between the two for max air efficiency. I can bubble my perc on Fan setting 1 without taking a draw. On Fan setting 3, I can almost fill a vape bag with filtered vapor. :2c: Happy hunting.

Thanks! You do realise I will never finish the report I have due now. Haha! :lol: The D020 looks good, fairly simple. I was never massively into bongs when smoking, rolling a doobie was more my style. Now I'm on the vape a whole world of glass is available to me. Before the bong was too 'fast', one puff and it's over. Whereas on the EQ I imagine I could just keep puffing! (Sucking? Lol)

God I wish I lived somewhere where it was legal to puff. I reckon the UK could use a massive boost in manufacturing and why not high quality glass?? (I know you can get bongs here but if it was legal it would be like alcohol maybe? Big bong businesses UK style. But that is off topic ;) )

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I asked a question a page ago but got little reply, except for @DDave who said he would ask about for me.

My question was, has anyone purchased the battery pack for the eq. I'm eager to know how good it is, or bad.
Someone must have bought one.

Any information would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edit:- on a completely seperate note, I just looked at the cyclone bowls I got with my brand new eq, and noticed the lip that supports the screen is now huge, much smaller hole remains compared to my old eq cyclones. I hear people say filing the lip down improves airflow, so surely having a huge lip and a small hole is not helping the already slightly flawed design.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thanks! You do realise I will never finish the report I have due now. Haha! :lol: The D020 looks good, fairly simple. I was never massively into bongs when smoking, rolling a doobie was more my style. Now I'm on the vape a whole world of glass is available to me. Before the bong was too 'fast', one puff and it's over. Whereas on the EQ I imagine I could just keep puffing! (Sucking? Lol)

If you are a spliff girl I suggest you try the whip out rather than bags. Super rich dense rips & you can just sip away for however long you like. Sometimes (more often than not in my case) you will sip more than you intended :science:

@kellya86 I have no experience of using the EQ power pack. For the money I would buy a FM & have a spare for when mobile considering how much the power pack costs. Hopefully the info below will assist with your query but I expect you have not received any response as no one actually has one :shrug:

The Extreme Q Rechargeable Portable Power Pack includes everything that you need to transform your Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer into a fully portable unit. The pack also works in conjunction with the Arizer V Tower Vaporizer and a wide variety of five-volt electronic devices including cell phones, MP3 players, and personal digital assistants.

Each Extreme Q Rechargeable Portable Power Pack that Australian Vaporizers sells comes complete with a rechargeable lithium ion battery, a compact adapter kit, and a standard output cord. To ensure safe and effective use, the pack also includes a comprehensive user manual.

Break free from the restrictions of your existing power cord. With battery power, you can vaporize on the go and enjoy your Arizer Extreme Q or V Tower Vaporizer wherever you happen to be!

Battery Type: Rechargeable lithium ion
Lithium Content*: 4 grams
Charging Time: 4 hours
Voltage Selection: 5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19V, 5V for USB port
Output Power: 58Wh
Color: Black

*Meets FAA lithium battery requirements for carry-on luggage.

http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/extreme-q-portable-rechargeable-power-pack.html

Nugg

Good point @CuckFumbustion but it would be lots of pieces to carry with you? In that scenario I would use a vapor lung and the solo.

@kellya86 why do you want to use the eq away from home?

If you were camping you could get an inverter and run it from the cars battery.

I'm no battery expert but I would assume a 3rd party battery pack would be cheaper and possibly larger capacity.

CuckFumbustion

The inverter is good if you have a vehicle, Especially a happy hippy van. Like the FURTHER bus with Ken Kasey. :freak:
330px-Furthur_05.jpg

I'm guessing if any battery pack has enough juice to ramp up the EQ's transformer, (the black box with the green light) then that might be portable enough to take the EQ to a cabin, beach, mountain top, etc.

chuckit

First I want to thank you all for your great info. Been a lot of fun testing all my new mods. I've had my EQ for a few years now. But when I found this forum and started trying some of these mods ya'll talk about. WOW!!! My old EQ works so much better now. The best mods in MHO are the ones DDave has. I have mine set up now using all 18 mm stuff. Tried a few ways to get one I like best. I like to use the shorty bowl and just a wand with a short collar for a mouthpiece. Put something in the bowl that I now heat up better and hit it like a bong. Works for me....Thanks all again.....

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks for all your replies.

I have bought a flowermate, and it's poo. If this is what the world of portables has to offer, I'm out. Now I know I can't judge them all by this, but it jus got me thinking, is any portable gonna satisfy me...

Whenever I go out, I will have my car, so why not just have an eq in my car. I won't need lots of parts, just the 18mm ddave kit.

CuckFumbustion

I have bought a flowermate, and it's poo. If this is what the world of portables has to offer, I'm out. Now I know I can't judge them all by this, but it jus got me thinking, is any portable gonna satisfy me...

Whenever I go out, I will have my car, so why not just have an eq in my car. I won't need lots of parts, just the 18mm ddave kit.
I wasn't thrilled with my Flowermate either. But since I vape other flowers that require lower temps. It will be my tea vape. No vape left behind!
If you love your EQ like I do. Arizer does make some great portables. Surprised you didn't go with them actually. Just keep in mind that most portables will be conduction heat while the EQ is convection. Check out their threads. I don't own an Arizer portable only because I own 3 portables already. One of the units has interchangeable batteries which I really find appealing. The other has more built in battery power and good for taking off the charger and using away from the house.

Bought this on impulse on Ebay. I didn't have much of a practical use for it. NEW 4.75" 19mm Ground Female Joint Downstem Down Stem Glass Bistible 120mm 25mm.
Not entirely compatible with 18mm parts. But I knew it was thick and it would trap nearly all the heat from the EQ. Testing it now and it is definitely hot to the touch at 220C. :nod:
It is almost a heater cover extension. More research for that piece at CFRLB.:science:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Arizer does make some great portables. Surprised you didn't go with them actually.

It was a cost issue. I could either buy a second eq or a solo. I really like the piece of mind of having a spare eq, I made the right choice for mentail state. Now I won't obsess over it. Hard to explain.

I got the flowermate v5.0s for 39 quid as a spur of the moment thing. And now I'm worried that portables are not an option for me. So jus wanna make my eq portable.

CuckFumbustion

It was a cost issue. I could either buy a second eq or a solo. I really like the piece of mind of having a spare eq, I made the right choice for mentail state. Now I won't obsess over it. Hard to explain.

I got the flowermate v5.0s for 39 quid as a spur of the moment thing. And now I'm worried that portables are not an option for me. So jus wanna make my eq portable.
Being in the UK, I can understand wanting to have a EQ backup. If I happen to bump into any UK sites that sell an Arizer portable at a reasonable price, I will pass it on. I have seen some deals in the US and Canada. I bought my EQ for under $150 US from Agracan in Canada. I bought my flowermate from PuffitUp. Which also has reasonable prices. Agracan has the Air on sale right now for 199CAD (98.56 British Pound) Puffit has it for $169 US with the code 'AIR'. (111.84 British Pound)
But yes if you would rather by a power pack or inverter, you can possibly power both your EQ's on the road.:nod: And go FURTHER. (and power up your lava lamp.)

The flowermate can be the portable you make all your mistakes with. :D If it breaks or fails you, then you are only out a small amount. By then you can narrow down what you really like in a portable.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That is very reasonable money for such devices. But iv jus bought a new eq and a flowermate and it's 2 weeks from xmas and iv got 5 kids. Will just have to stick to the flowermate when I'm out for now. I think it's getting a bit better. Then in the new year I'll treat myself to solo or battery pack.

CuckFumbustion

That is very reasonable money for such devices. But iv jus bought a new eq and a flowermate and it's 2 weeks from xmas and iv got 5 kids. Will just have to stick to the flowermate when I'm out for now. I think it's getting a bit better. Then in the new year I'll treat myself to solo or battery pack.
Yea, but maybe you could drop some hints around the family for what you'd like for Xmas. :rofl:Well maybe around mid April we will see some '4/20' sales to jump on. ;) Hope you have prepared and have plenty of 'mistletoe' to enjoy this holiday season. Here you go, I plant some for you right now...
:leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf: :leaf: <---Wait a moment. That doesn't look like anything like mistletoe? Must have grabbed the wrong seed package.:doh:

AegonT

You can get an inverter from maplin that plugs in the cig lighter socket and gives you a standard 3 pin plug socket. I have one I used to use one to charge my laptop on the go, it would work well with the q and was only about £20.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

I can't believe the lack of love for the FM in this thread :o (well I can being an Arizer thread but still :o:o)! I cannot speak highly enough about it in my experience with Flowermate. It actually got me back into vaping & reintroduced me with to the EQ :). I get the feeling this is gonna be a long potentially rambly post as I have just smashed .15 through the freshly rebuilt EQ at 230 so buckle up.

I think an awful lot of it has to do with the price point we all pay relative to other vaporizers. For me in Australia it works out as follows for local pricing in AU$

FM v5.0s is $120
FM V5.0 Pro is $155
EQ is $250
Solo is $260
Air is $285

When I decided to "try" a new vape as the EQ never compared to ripping monster bowls of spun weed but the portable was different. As I did not want to spend heaps on an experiment I decided on the FM Pro as it has a digital display I was already familiar with & was a good middle ground for my pocket:). I got very high & within a couple of days the EQ was being tinkered with :ninja:.

After "committing" to vaping by not combusting cannabis for a month or so I decided to treat myself to a new vape & came down to the Air/Solo or the S&B pair as I could not justify $1000 for a MiniVap (well I could but is it twice as good?????). Arizers quality & my EQ experience, user replaceable batteries & all glass airpath made it an easy decision to save $200. My Air has been faultless & is my daily driver.

This was purchased only because I wanted something "better" than my "cheapie". Having a look at PIU's current pricing you would be off your fucking rocker to pay $160 for the FM Pro when you can get a Solo for $160. OFF YOUR FUCKING HEAD AND NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT :nod: :2c:. I have since given my Pro to a friend & she is using it occasionally but I live in hope of her eventual conversion :evil:.

Getting this fucker back on topic I am feeling very stoned now thanks to my weekend warrior being brought out of hiding. I am thinking rather than my EQ being a greedy bastard it is I the consumer who is the greedy one. Normally I would just vape a couple of elbow packs without thinking about it as that is "just what is done". Instead today I vaped a single elbow, got segued by this post deriding the "little engine that could" before I could pack another & then ramble some inner mind sanctum shit.

Now I am decided it will pay dividends to vape another hi temp elbow & have a cruise round FC as I could do more productive things this afternoon but eh it's Sunday & I swear that EQ heater light just winked atme :science:............

PS: sorry but vaping an elbow takes priority over proof reading this post :lol:.

Top Bottom