The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I may have achieved more than you @Nugg as I walked to Coles & to some sundry purchases. Those sundry purchases however have ensured that I have no reason whatsoever to leave my house for the rest of today :evil:. BTW fuck you very much as I do like the look of your cloudy Solo & FC UFO. I have a similar setup for my Air & EQ.
70wZCJL.jpg

What does everyone consider a normal load in their elbow pack? I just weighed .1 the EQ has been warming for about 4 hours on 230. That was expired in a single hit & honestly felt more like "punching" a cone than any rip I have ever had in the EQ over the years. It is almost like it is working too well as the same amount will give me at least 3-4 good bub rips with my Air so I end up consuming a lot more than required :science:. Self restraint is the key & I have somewhere less than zero restraint when it comes to cannabis.

On the EQ front is there a particular style of bong/bub anyone would recommend? I am going to break out my Blaze honeycomb bong to see how big a rip I can get. A lot of people talk about the FC UFO but it just looks like a shorter version of what I already own so is there any other recommendation people would have for a desktop flower vape? My current thoughts come back to keeping it simple with a tube or beaker around 10-12" tall with a quality downstem.

throwawaytre3s

What does everyone consider a normal load in their elbow pack?

On the EQ front is there a particular style of bong/bub anyone would recommend?

I actually don't typically weigh out my packs, I tend to do this visually. That's partially because I don't own a scale, and just don't feel the need to buy one. If I feel like I'm getting ripped off, I'll ask a friend who has a scale to weigh my pickup before I smoke any, just to check. For me, a typical pack in the bowl for my EQ is about halfway up, loosely packed. Elbow packs tend to be about halfway, I guess, too. But much more tightly packed. I realize this isn't the most precise method, but hey, it works for me.

As for the bubbler, the most common I think I see, here, and on vaporents on reddit, seems to be the D020 or some variant thereof. Pretty similar to what you currently own, I believe. The GB-187 just seems to be a slightly smaller version. Maybe check out the glass thread on here? I tend to get lost, there's a lot of talk about dab rigs and recyclers, neither of which are my scene, really.

Nugg

@Stevenski We went to the video store and and super market this morning before the heat hit. Stocked up on movies, drinks, ice blocks and snacks so we don't have to leave the house either. We've both done well for an Australian summers day.

We seem very familiar is our preferences.

My EQ is permanently on 230. My load is a little bit less than a full basket screen before I tamp it down lightly. DDave mod of course. Closest thing to ripping a bong I've found in regards to vaping flower.

I also like the GB-186 with the EQ. Fun piece to use. Might be to too much diffusion for some. It also requires more lung power than the UFO.

The D020 is smaller than the GB-187. I find the D020 too small to milk well. The D022 is probably the same or a little more volume than the GB-187 and has good ergos for desk vaping.

@CuckFumbustion I'm keen to see how that adapter works out for you. Will it be long enough to allow room for a cloud style ELB to fit in the end. Then maybe use it like a cloud? Or have a whip with a female end to connect to the EQ and a male end to connect to your water tool?

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Don't worry @throwawaytre3s I am the same I just happened to acquire some & decided to weigh my bowls the last couple of days. The EQ elbow holds way more than I thought.

We are very similar @Nugg as I get my shit done in the morning & leave mine on 230 as a heavy hitter only :).

As for the cheap glass I would prefer to spend considerably more on a better quality piece. It works out cheaper in the long term I think. I will probably aim to get a nice hand made beaker with a worked downstem of some description. I will then look to get a nicer bubbler to retire the Blaze with something like a Seed of Life one I saw.

On the subject of milking here is my effort from an hour or so ago with a .175 elbow pack in my honeycomb bong. Two of those elbows & I am still feeling thwacked. Thwacked enough to not be able to remember what TV show I wanted to watch.

1CD4p9E.png

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Don't worry @throwawaytre3s I am the same I just happened to acquire some & decided to weigh my bowls the last couple of days. The EQ elbow holds way more than I thought.

We are very similar @Nugg as I get my shit done in the morning & leave mine on 230 as a heavy hitter only :).

As for the cheap glass I would prefer to spend considerably more on a better quality piece. It works out cheaper in the long term I think. I will probably aim to get a nice hand made beaker with a worked downstem of some description. I will then look to get a nicer bubbler to retire the Blaze with something like a Seed of Life one I saw.

On the subject of milking here is my effort from an hour or so ago with a .175 elbow pack in my honeycomb bong. Two of those elbows & I am still feeling thwacked. Thwacked enough to not be able to remember what TV show I wanted to watch.

1CD4p9E.png
I love your water pipe you posted.
For the $ the Q will mess you up !

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Whenever I think of cheating on my EQ & "upgrading" to a new model I have a day like today where I break out the EQ in a heavy, hard hitting fashion & ask myself does XYZ vape do it that much better? I can barely speak & have considerable concerns about operating a stove to make dinner. Am I not entertained enough? Also this bigger bong is really kicking my arse in a way the bubbler never could. I have used hot water & ice with this combo before to great effect & generated the biggest clouds I have made.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@CuckFumbustion I'm keen to see how that adapter works out for you. Will it be long enough to allow room for a cloud style ELB to fit in the end. Then maybe use it like a cloud? Or have a whip with a female end to connect to the EQ and a male end to connect to your water tool?
Here is the description and image below.
"Excellent quality borosilicate lab glass. Unusually large diameter. "
  • 19mm female ground joint.
  • 25mm OD
  • 19mm ID
  • Approx 3.5" past the joint.
  • 4.75" overall length

s-l1600.jpg

It isn't a standard 18mm fitting. But it fits the EQ's female joint and seems to conduct heat as well as I expected. Thick and heavy glass. I bought mine for $3.75 but now they are asking $4.99 with the 'Make Offer' option. Should have bought 2.:doh: I have a 1 inch stainless steel screen that I bent with some tweezers to make a bowl screen. Made some folds in it in such a way so it pushes up against the inside wall. A little trick I taught myself with my other short smooth walled F/F .

Since it isn't a standard 18mm, I took a simple M/M adapter and put a silicone ring around the center of it. Then place a tip hat in it and snugly fit on top of my new 3 inch bowl. :nod: So the new piece is trying out as a bowl for right now. I'm out of fresh :ugh:, But I'm guessing this might be the answer for revaping ABV.
ABV tends to clog the bowl and screen because it is either too fine and/or doesn't pack well. Plus you need more to make it worthwhile. Not an issue with the new 'test tube' bowl.

Once I re-up. This thing might heat up the green like a chimney. With it's I.D being 19mm and around 3 inches of room, it just wants me to mod it out. :science:

Nugg

Ah I see. When I first looked at the link I thought it was a male joint so my questions probably didn't make sense.

So with this you will basically eliminate the cyclone bowl? Definitely interested to see how it turns out.

@Stevenski Nice milking action man! That looks like a fun piece to play with.

I sometimes stray from the EQ but when I come back to it I am reminded of why its my heavy hitting desktop unit.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Nugg that bong is 37cm tall & very wide so it requires too much effort to milk all the time due to the sheer volume (I just end up a dribbling mess). However when the EQ has been on for a few hours & everything is very warm it becomes a different beast.

I have a 40cm tube with a UFO perc & that was pretty nice if I removed the 18/14mm downstem. I would fill the bottom chamber with water & plug the EQ into the 18mm joint. Instead of a double chamber bong I had a single UFO with minimal water & was a seriously ghetto hydratube of sorts :lol:. I have to admit it did always hit the spot & I only stopped because I got my bubbler with similar diffusion.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave Just to let you know I've just ordered your mod! I'm very excited. Now to find a nice bong to go with it!! :)
@ronads Thanks, will ship out today. You'll really enjoy what it allows you to do with your vaping sessions!

Water tools! Those are fun just in the time it takes to pick one out. So many choices and varieties. You looking to go simple or complex? As soon as you answer, I'd expect to see you get some helpful responses.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Iv just noticed another difference between my old and brand new eq.
The hole at the top of the heating element is bigger. Does this mean the heater has been upgraded, or is this just manufacturing differences? It's noticeably larger, if this is just a case of tolerances, then I'm surprised at the difference.

ronads

@ronads Thanks, will ship out today. You'll really enjoy what it allows you to do with your vaping sessions!

Water tools! Those are fun just in the time it takes to pick one out. So many choices and varieties. You looking to go simple or complex? As soon as you answer, I'd expect to see you get some helpful responses.

Thanks for the quick send out! I can't wait to get stuck in. Trying to tell my friends about it...they don't get it. (yet lol)

I'm thinking simple glass bong for now. Can't afford much more :p

People were smoking last night. So weird I'm just not interested in it at all lol. Vaporising with the Q seems to get better day by day. Perhaps it's because of all the tar leaving my lungs?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi there everyone. Just been wondering, does anyone know if them deep baskets for the vape xhale cloud evo would fit in a @DDave wand or ssv wand.?

Who's got an eq(ddav)/ssv and an evo?

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
Hi there everyone. Just been wondering, does anyone know if them deep baskets for the vape xhale cloud evo would fit in a @DDave wand or ssv wand.?

Who's got an eq(ddav)/ssv and an evo?

They dont fit really well.. imo the evo elb doesnt give you more or denser hits, maybe cause of the size or the herb sits in a basket instead of "direct" hot air contact . i like the arizer domes more. Smaller amount but great clouds, better results.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks @elastic.plastic , that's what I wanted to know, was just a thought. I realise I'd be moving herb further from the heater, and so probably less efficient. I can achieve the same affect by packing the ssv wand above the screen anyway.

To the next idea.....

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
My EQ is weird.

It just hissed at me when it turned on.

Then the power bar started to make a rattling noise.
The power bar being the black box with the green light? Hopefully, it is just the transformer warming up. But I would remain concerned.

Took my EQ to somebody's house and gave them a demo. When I got home with it, It seemed to work a let less effective then before. :uhoh: I was worried and got the nerve to take apart my EQ. Never had it near fully apart like this before. I'm not the first to comment on this, but this really is a well thought out design. As if it was made to be able to be taken apart and set back together. Ok it probably was. But still impressive.
Inspected the glass part for cracks and cleaned everything with love and put it all together. Still weak.:ugh: Remembered that the transformer/black box probably needs time to store some juice before it ramps up and so I left the EQ plugged in, but off for a while.
After enough worry time and promising to never take it from the house again, It got back into the old swing of things.:rockon: Then I got my EQ to milk out some vapor like it never has before. Whew! Was so glad that wasn't going back to Canada.

I remember other posters mentioning that their EQ isn't performing as well. Perhaps they merley had the interruption of power to the transformer. And it needed time to warm up and store up juice. This all makes me that much more curious of the power supply/transformer that comes with the unit. So I don't freak out and think my EQ is dying on me.

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
Usually, im letting the glass soak up the heat for bout min 15-20 min. I use the fan to heat up too, in the last couple of minutes, but without any herb or baskets inside. IMO, all the glass need its time to heat up. Otherwise you got some weak and small cloud hits, cause of cooling down the hot air with the cold glass parts.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
My EQ is weird.

It just hissed at me when it turned on.

Then the power bar started to make a rattling noise.

I had my EQ make some very "unnatural" noises last week. They were some sort of electrical whine/crackle/buzz/click so I disassembled the EQ & blew out everything. To me the single biggest thing to do when reassembling is to ensure the rod, screen cover & heater cover are all seated well. Take your time to do it consistently & tighten all the screws firmly but gently etc & you will have a cloud machine. Mine has not made any bad noises since & had some very heavy service for a few days.

No one should have any fear of breaking down a EQ machine. It is very straight forward & you need is a mini screwdriver set to do it. Takes 2 minutes but the machine needs a bit of TLC every now & then.

I will say when my EQ does die or get replaced I will not be sad. I will rejoice in the faithful service it has given over the years. Only when the EQ met water & high temps did the true power become apparent. If you stick it on 230 after a solid prewarming, load a bucket & make a combusting friend take the biggest rip they can only then they will understand.......................

Top Bottom