The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
So are you guys recommending I constantly leave my Extreme Q on and heated? 30 minutes before could work since I usually know ahead of time if I'm going to vape.
YES, 30 minutes would be worthwhile. 5-10 minutes might be worthwhile. YMMV. I have asbestos fingers and actually touch the outside of the bowl to test for heat absorption. If your glass has fully absorbed all it's heat, the inside volume doesn't lose as much heat per draw and during that draw. Plus the conductive heat from the glass brings it all together. Think 'preheated oven'. (I've noticed how quickly the screen gets hot in my setup as an example.)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think you should aim to turn it on a half hour before use, perhaps leave it on at the powerpoint all the time though.
I usually pull air through an empty chamber to raise the temp of the adapters to minimise any heat sink effect.

Ultimately all this does is increase the efficiency that vapour is produced from the herb. This is really only beneficial with rapid extraction when trying to use the least material per hit.
If you 'sip' or have a more relaxed session style, I think the key thing to remember is if it's working for you well and you enjoy it, you're doing it right for you.

I consume a lot of cannabis so modding to improve performance saves me a noticeable amount of money.
If performance is to your standard and you are content with how high you get, how long it lasts and how much it's costing and you're having enough fun - the mods are complete.

The EQ is a far cry from the epitome of vaporisers and so there will always be ways to improve it. Insulation has barely been touched on, for example.

I suppose for me, as an ex-daily bong smoker, for 6 months my EQ lived unused in a cupboard. It wasn't until I made the effort to mod it to replicate my method of use that I realised what I was missing out on.

Had I been a joint smoker instead I believe the transition would have been much simpler with stock accessories.
It's funny that you learn everyday!
I leave most of my vapes on.
However the Q I turn on 1/2 hour before use.

It uses more compared to other vapes I use however I stay medicated longer!
I consumes more than most but the Q with a @DDave kit will get you medicated to the MAX!

The same for me as far as not using it?

Was it because it's cheap?
The Q gets me very MEDICATED?

I need to order more parts for some of my other vaporizers however for the $ the Q works really well!
Now if EGO disease has entered your mind then empty your wallet on another heater to vaporize your cannabis!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:clap:

Ghandi, Buddah, and Ataxian!

My goto's for words of the wise!
@DDave I think or believe the Q with a Dave kits is very effective!

If you require a 4 x 4 Jacked-up in the city then don't buy a Q!

The Q is only those who worship cannabis.

Spinosa he wrote a book call: ETHICS (great read)

By the way?

GOD'S GIFT! Favor! Q life for lovers of a weed!

@KidFated. Do you have a Q?

@Nugg I stink up the bedroom with the Q however I'm over medicated!

I really like this gadget!

Leave your EGO in your pocket!

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@regisan
You can also use the autopack method where you load the adapter and draw through an empty wand with enough porce so the herb packs itself into the basket.

Never been able to achieve that. I think the EQ is a bad example because it does seem like packing a small Aussie cone piece.

small-bonza.jpg

What temps work best? If the glass is heat soaked, between 185 - 210C for me. Others go higher for hardcore bong ripping. Like @Stevenski was mentioning.

I have dripped my EQ back down to 205 since Saturday & i'm feeling fine :science:. Monday nights mean the EQ goes in the cupboard :( but it is Christmas :evil: why did I :worms: SOLD! to the HIGHEST bidder with the agreeable bowl of buds :rockon::nod:.

So are you guys recommending I constantly leave my Extreme Q on and heated? 30 minutes before could work since I usually know ahead of time if I'm going to vape.

I would not recommend that at all. If you will be using it daily leave the power supply plugged into the powerpoint at a minimum & connect it before you want to use the vape. 15-20 minutes on fan speed 1 at 260c will get the glass plenty hot. A lot of users leave theirs on for lengthy periods & do not experience negative issues with their units. If you let it warm on say 220c for 30 minutes before use you will be fine :).

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I always auto pack the @DDave kit. Jus load the adapter with a pinch and vape from there. Always had better results than elbow packing. I'm not too worried about conservation.

My power pack has been on since September 15th. My eq goes on from 5:30pm till 11pm, every night, and all day at weekends.

Neither of my eq,s have ever seen past 230.
I warm up at 210 for 10 mins on fan 1, after that I drop to 185, and it sits there all night (apart from when using, it ends up at 210 to finish the bowl.

That's my method and it works very well. My eq is a powerhouse.
I fail to see how it can possible get any better that this. Iv been vaping for 3 months now, and my eq still blows my face off every night.

CuckFumbustion

You can also use the autopack method where you load the adapter and draw through an empty wand with enough porce so the herb packs itself into the basket.

I always auto pack the @DDave kit. Jus load the adapter with a pinch and vape from there. Always had better results than elbow packing. I'm not too worried about conservation.
I mentioned my method of packing before here at FC. :myday: Just never refereed to it as an 'auto pack' like y'all been. But my CF method means grinding and setting it on a flat surface like say your spill tray. But I get a little more meticulous. First the screen goes in the special packing wand while the EQ wand stays warm in the EQ.
Then I hold it over the spill tray a few Cm's above and draw from it like a straw. What a pleasure! :p Take the blunt end of the EQ wand and give a gentle 1/4 turn to the inside of the hat/elbow pack.

Now how hard I draw and then how hard I press with the blunt end will determine the type of pack I have. Dense brick or fluffy-airy? Just inside the cap or a small amount just enough to cover the mesh in one thin layer? I think of how much pressure a Barista packs an espresso shot to get a good extraction in one pass or a fluffier pack to slow draw without the telltale EQ scorch forming as quickly in the center of the pack.

Some of you are already EQ Barista material! :science: Thanks for your 2 cents on this topic.

Update with my setup. 205 is closer to the sweet spot between quick extraction and low scorching with larger packs. But smaller packs are more manageable at lower temps.
Leave your EGO in your pocket!
Way ahead of you. Almost caved and bought a Cloud EVO on Black Friday. But my EGO said a no-no. :haw: But figured I could come up with setup that had a near all glass pathway from the heater on up with the EQ for less cash-ohol and parts to spare. If I could use some sort of glass screen instead of an SS screen.:hmm:

Glad people are sharing their thoughts on what is the kindest method to keep the EQ powered up. My new concept. Leave it plugged in as long as possible. But If I do unplug it and replug it in later, leave it plugged in for 30m before powering on. Perhaps jumps start the heat process after that or not. As soon as the bowl is hot, add the wand. As soon as the wand is hot, add your pack. Let it soak 1m. Good to Go.:tup:

My EQ was so weak after being unplugged and moved from home and back, I thought I might have broke something. But I'll try not to repeat that story again.
People seem to have more predictable results with lower temps, if it remains plugged in. And it will save some wear and tear on the plugs from leaving it in more often. All thought they seem fairly rugged.
Spinoza?

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I am wondering if anyone uses the same packing method as I do. I have always packed an elbow basket one way & that is to either 1/2 fill it (.1 if I am doing single hit extractions) or fully fill it (.2-.25 for 2-3 big hits). I do this by picking up a pinch or two & sprinkling it into the basket. I then use the butt end of my broken EQ stir tool to firmly tamp down the load holding it between my thumb & forefinger. It is like the end of the stir tool is made for the EQ basket :)

That's my method and it works very well. My eq is a powerhouse.
I fail to see how it can possible get any better that this. Iv been vaping for 3 months now, and my eq still blows my face off every night.

It can get better but the question is then asked like @CuckFumbustion said about getting an Evo Way ahead of you. Almost caved and bought a Cloud EVO on Black Friday. But my EGO said a no-no. :haw:. The question becomes how much better is X vape & is it worth the extra $$$ over the EQ. For me an Evo is in the region of $500+ before any hydratube is purchased & if I want a MiniVap locally sourced it is $850+. I paid $250 for my EQ three years ago.

I have since paid another $150-200 in parts for the EQ (excluding a yet to be delivered DDave super deluxe yippie ki yay muthafucker kit from the devils convection chamber workshop). I would have spent the same on parts for any other vape really so the money for replacement screens, elbows & whips is a operating expense. Funny thing is I am not clumsy but I did have one weekend when I broke 3 elbows within 10 minutes after indulging in silly edibles :zombie: & that is $40 alone.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

The question becomes how much better is X vape & is it worth the extra $$$ over the EQ. For me an Evo is in the region of $500+ before any hydratube is purchased & if I want a MiniVap locally sourced it is $850+. I paid $250 for my EQ three years ago.
Paid $150 from Agracan in Canada for my EQ. The smallest EVO kit was under $300.00 on BF from EVO direct. The EVO having an all glass pathway and that it can be set upside down to work. :science:
But, Still double the price of my EQ. My starting question a year ago was 'what desktop convection vape uses a universal adapter that has a fan, that can also run at low temps? Under $200.00? Asked around on the forum for a deal under $150.00 and been happy. (Even though I had to RMA the first one in the first week.:ugh:) Found out that Arizer has been around for years. People own 5+ year old models. It's warranty (Knock on wood for the replacement.) It's also mod-able in nearly every respect. Got the @DDave Full kit and my own pieces and things came together.

Other high end vapes have things like gaskets, odd parts or are more specialized at doing one thing well. Why pay more for that? Still would like an off the grid vape for the outdoors. Then get inoculated for VAS.

Last edited:

TomC1315

FWIW:
I bought my Arizer Air portable from Agracan (argracancorp) on eBay for just over $150 US for a nice deal.
It included an extra batt & 2 stem caps.

Last week on the Air thread, counterfeit Airs, for around the price I paid, was the topic ... emailed Arizer (that's the procedure - there's no list on their site for authorized dealers - to many) to find out that Agracan is indeed legit :-)

AAufe2Z.jpg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@CuckFumbustion I couldnt agree more.
Eq is still king for me. There is nothing on the market that makes me want to change yet. If the evo had a digital temp setting display then maybe, but still not sold. Eq is reliable and performs. And is multi function. And modable.

I don't think I'll be buying another vape till arizers next model.

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion I couldnt agree more.
Eq is still king for me. There is nothing on the market that makes me want to change yet. If the evo had a digital temp setting display then maybe, but still not sold. Eq is reliable and performs. And is multi function. And modable.

I don't think I'll be buying another vape till arizers next model.
Digital display, yes excellent point. :nod: Another thing. Does the Cloud come with a remote? Nope. Can I take a cloud apart and clean it, replace the glass, then reassemble it? EQ is the best bang for your buck. :science:

Agracan is a legitimate Arizer dealer. I had to RMA my EQ back to Canada to him (Jack) and had to eat some postage, but still came out ahead with my replacement.
The owner of Agracan kept in touch and talked me through the warranty process. With Arizer, you have to send it back to the retailer. So that was a concern with whom I bought from beforehand.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I seem to have a phobia of vape knobs. I don't wanna own anything with a clock dial.

Hopefully at the uk vape meet in summer, I will get the chance to put an evo and my modded and tuned eq, side by side to test.

That evo would have to produce some vapour of another calibre to convince me to oversee the evos mentioned negative points.

ryanlaghost

Has anyone weighed the capacity the elbow pack can hold?

FWIW:
I bought my Arizer Air portable from Agracan (argracancorp) on eBay for just over $150 US for a nice deal.
It included an extra batt & 2 stem caps.

Last week on the Air thread, counterfeit Airs, for around the price I paid, was the topic ... emailed Arizer (that's the procedure - there's no list on their site for authorized dealers - to many) to find out that Agracan is indeed legit :-)

AAufe2Z.jpg

How good is that Air? Santa is asking ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TomC1315

How good is that Air? Santa is asking ;)
I bought the EQ in July (2015), and then a month later, the Air portable from Arizer.

It's great ... I'm not familiar first hand with any other portable vapes (besides a Chinese knock-off Pinnacle Pro a few times), but in my experience, it performs very well and I'm quite satisfied.

There's a little bit of a learning curve, but that's mainly on finding out how not to pack the bowl too tightly ... a nice loose pack, dry out the material a little bit if possible, pre-heat a few extra moments if possible, and vapor city :-)

The main part of the unit is almost maintenance free ... the stems clean up easily in ISO.

I use SS domed screens to keep the 4 holes in the bowl clear and to adjust the size of the capacity a little (between .07g and .12g or so). How many hits that translates to will vary on if yer ripping' or sipping'. When I'm being conservative, a full load can provide two sessions ... after 4 hits, remove the stem, draw some cool air through the stem, and cap it up 'till later.

An extra battery is almost essential, as are the medical grade/heat resistant stem end caps (sold separately) ... a lot of folks use on form or another of SS screen.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Update on the DDave kit. Dave, you're a good man! I love this setup and I'm getting harder hits with less herb. Using the smaller dia adapters for the week but the weekend those big dia adapters will come out to play

Lbd1uTU.jpg
@UH60FLT
Thanks for the feedback, glad you're liking the kit and the great shot with the cats!!!! :clap:

Now I have to change my usual saying! "It's all about getting the most out of our vapes and conserving the precious herb... and taking care of those two beautiful cats!" :tup:

CuckFumbustion

Yes i have. My elbows are between .55 & .64 empty. Depending on grind & density etc i can usually fit between .2-.25 before i tamp it. My goal is to put .08-.1 per elbow pack for single hit extraction.
Like my straw draw AKA autopack method, But I have been overpacking.
Causing scorching because I can't do single draws quick enough. :doh: I'll go for some balance between your .08 figure and the cap being fully covered.
My EQ-uation is finally coming together. :science:
Update on the DDave kit. Dave, you're a good man! I love this setup and I'm getting harder hits with less herb. Using the smaller dia adapters for the week but the weekend those big dia adapters will come out to play

Lbd1uTU.jpg
:cool:Looks like the house cats can't wait for you to try it out. :D

I'd like others to chime in and perhaps revisit this subject. But what are your thoughts about the length and setup of the hose that would be ideal for performance with an EQ? Definitively a YMMV situation. But, Most people have their units standing side by side as an example. My EQ actually sits lower than my dual perc. A consideration when getting the hose to arc the way you want it.

Use my fan to test the air flow with my glass setup. After I sort out where I'd want things to sit comfortably on my desk area, I figure out how much of an arc I want and cut the hose with say 4 inches to spare. Room for error and all that. Add water to the perc to it's proper level. Plug everything together the way I think I want things. Do a dry run with the fan. No screen. If I'm running the EQ on Fan setting 1, the water level in the water tool should rise, I'm thinking. :nod: Fan 2 or 3 should form bubbles. Or back to the drawing board till I get it right. :hmm:In the future, That fan will come in handy when I want to go into turbo mode or finishing the end a session to clear the pipes.

If I end up cutting small strips of silicone hose off to get that ideal air flow balance thing, then those strip tubes will end up getting used for my other projects.
Like say, Connecting two unconventional pieces of glass together, etc. :peace: to all you EQ Baristas. :haw:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
They'd approve. If they had opposing thumbs.

oBdEI57.jpg

Regal looking little fuckers. I bet they get up to all sorts of mischief together :)

Like my straw draw AKA autopack method, But I have been overpacking.
Causing scorching because I can't do single draws quick enough. :doh: I'll go for some balance between your .08 figure and the cap being fully covered.
My EQ-uation is finally coming together. :science:

What do you mean by cap covered? If I have .08 in the basket that will be around 1/3 of a basket tamped but the bottom is fully covered. Trying 200 on the EQ tonight & the cloud cover is not as dense. Weather forecast says cloudy skies with temperatures on the rise from tomorrow when I knock off wwork for the year.

I'd like others to chime in and perhaps revisit this subject. But what are your thoughts about the length and setup of the hose that would be ideal for performance with an EQ? Definitively a YMMV situation. But, Most people have their units standing side by side as an example. My EQ actually sits lower than my dual perc. A consideration when getting the hose to arc the way you want it.

My current whip is around 15" long but I left this one a bit longer than my previous & this is only for vapour bonging. Once I have my carbed adapter I will likely go shorter again but I feel I will be doing a whole nother level of experimentation with the you beaut Ddave kit I have coming. If I was direct draw whipping I would use at least 20" of whip & I use 2" if bagging.

CuckFumbustion

What do you mean by cap covered? If I have .08 in the basket that will be around 1/3 of a basket tamped but the bottom is fully covered.
Sorry @Stevenski, Don't have a scale. :shrug:But planned on going on the low end with a firm pack. I pictured .08 being closer to barley covering the cap amount which I was describing earlier, than the 1/3 of a cap that you just recently mentioned. :mental:Glad you cleared that up.TX
All right. New method then. Split the difference between yours and mine. Full basket with my straw draw method, then pressed inside 1/3 of a basket with the blunt end of the EQ wand, like a puck. 200C for now. 200C being the EQ baseline. :rockon: Just got finished reworking my glass setup earlier. Ready to refine my method after that. :peace:

Top Bottom