The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
exmilker said:
Vaporisateur.... sick video bro.... if i only of thought of just sticking the tube in without buying a new elbow i would of saved a couple of bucks LOL -_-"..... nice video overall.... im thinking about upgrading to a bong instead of bubbbler to get that MASSIVE hit that i want.... seeing if i can surpass what i have already achieved LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO036Vc4Jy0

Freakin' crazy cloud man! Really like how it turned in front of the lens :)

Love your glass, although I would have used a shorter tube...

Vaporisateur,
Any tips or any home made devices for the extreme q been a extreme q owner for 2 years and very happy just trying to improve my experience with it. A trick I learned yesterday take about .2 and pack it in the elbow put it on 392f and your good for 20-40 minutes. I used to use about .4 but I found half lasts te same and gives Harder hits so why not conserve right? Lol

SourJim,

Hrx89

I very pleased with my recent purchase, but I have a few questions. The posting and box both say that I have the 2010 version, but having done a bit of research, I think I have a newer/newest version? I am able to change the degree by and I have to option of using c or f.

I also noticed that the unit heats up rather quickly. I set the temp to 200 c and it gets there in a matter of a couple minutes? I've read that people have to wait up to 10 minutes for there machines to heat up.

This is my first desktop vaporizer and I am loving it so far. I'm just curious about the difference in performance of my unit and what I've read.

I own mflb with the pa, but it's nothing compared to what the Eq does for me.

Hrx89,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
What I read is that if you can change the temp by increments of 1 degree at a time, it is possibly a newer model. Mine can only change by 5 degrees C at a time and I can choose C or F and my unit heats up pretty fast too. I bought it about a month ago.

What could have been confusing about pre-heating time, is that most people like to let the unit sit for 5-10 minutes at desired Temp with the bowl on it before starting to vape. I came to the same conclusion myself too.

Vaporisateur,

Jiltut

My EQ arrived today, real happy with how it looks, very impressed by the size, it's much smaller than I expected :). It was like Christmas again unpacking everything, real happy with Puffitups service & the freebies will really come in handy, I didn't have a grinder before.

Anyway in my usual style I screwed up with one small thing as usual, I'd bought a US to UK plug adapter failing to realize that the EQ would have a 3pin Canadian plug, even though the holes were semi-there on the adapter plug they were no go, gonna try pick up a 3pin adapter plug tomorrow, apparently most pound shops sell them.

So I didn't have much to do but stare blankly at the EQ & then unwrap every individual piece, in my boredom if you could call it that I started pulling all the glass mouthpieces then trying to remove the evil PVC tubing from the elbows, so I could try out this silicone tubing I bought. In true me style after freeing the main elbow, I managed to then pull apart & break the other glass elbow while trying my hardest to ease the PVC tube from it.

Decided I'm just going to cut a little bit of this silicone tubing off & just gonna stick it straight into a cheapo small glass bong that I've decided to just use then onto my only remaining elbow for water filtration without any stem or joint connection thingy. When I want to use my silicone whip I guess I'll just have to pull things apart & switch with just the one elbow.

Wondering if I need to or it would be best to soak any of the screens or glass before I first use this thing?

Thanks

Jiltut,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Jiltut said:
My EQ arrived today, real happy with how it looks, very impressed by the size, it's much smaller than I expected :). It was like Christmas again unpacking everything, real happy with Puffitups service & the freebies will really come in handy, I didn't have a grinder before.

Anyway in my usual style I screwed up with one small thing as usual, I'd bought a US to UK plug adapter failing to realize that the EQ would have a 3pin Canadian plug, even though the holes were semi-there on the adapter plug they were no go, gonna try pick up a 3pin adapter plug tomorrow, apparently most pound shops sell them.

So I didn't have much to do but stare blankly at the EQ & then unwrap every individual piece, in my boredom if you could call it that I started pulling all the glass mouthpieces then trying to remove the evil PVC tubing from the elbows, so I could try out this silicone tubing I bought. In true me style after freeing the main elbow, I managed to then pull apart & break the other glass elbow while trying my hardest to ease the PVC tube from it.

Decided I'm just going to cut a little bit of this silicone tubing off & just gonna stick it straight into a cheapo small glass bong that I've decided to just use then onto my only remaining elbow for water filtration without any stem or joint connection thingy. When I want to use my silicone whip I guess I'll just have to pull things apart & switch with just the one elbow.

Wondering if I need to or it would be best to soak any of the screens or glass before I first use this thing?

Thanks
Just do the initial "bake off", and you're good to vape.. I just turned mine on to warm up, and then it's "Vapn Time".

Jeppy,

storybookhero

smoking, flying rc, you know funstuff
Just bought my arizer and love this thing. Arizer kicks the volcano digitals ass in my opinion.

storybookhero,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Jiltut said:

So I didn't have much to do but stare blankly at the EQ & then unwrap every individual piece, in my boredom.....
Maybe a little bit late for you now, but I would have just cut the foreign plug off and rewired a UK plug on in it's place. And if I didn't have a spare in the house I'd have cut the one off the toaster or kettle, as the vape is a priority!

To be honest I'd still replace the plug anyway seeing as it's for permanent ownership - I wouldn't want to be messing around with an adaptor for ever. Wiring a plug is a total piece of piss, and if you don't already know how to do it you should really learn- there will be plenty of simple guides online.

WatTyler,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Hrx89 said:
...and it gets there in a matter of a couple minutes? I've read that people have to wait up to 10 minutes for there machines to heat up.

The heating element heats up in a minute or two, they just let the glass heat up too and that takes like 5 more minutes with a fan turned on.

Seek,

Jiltut

WatTyler said:
Maybe a little bit late for you now, but I would have just cut the foreign plug off and rewired a UK plug on in it's place. And if I didn't have a spare in the house I'd have cut the one off the toaster or kettle, as the vape is a priority!

To be honest I'd still replace the plug anyway seeing as it's for permanent ownership - I wouldn't want to be messing around with an adaptor for ever. Wiring a plug is a total piece of piss, and if you don't already know how to do it you should really learn- there will be plenty of simple guides online.

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah I do know how to wire a plug & yep it is a piece of piss, I actually have a spare one I bought once, not sure if the wiring will be the same but then again this is a 3pin North american plug so I don't see why not, I may do this if I can't find an adapter.

Edited:
Wired it no problem though now realize that any computer power cable could be just plugged into the EQ adapter instead of the one that comes with it & it should work fine. Looking forward to trying this out soon.

Jiltut,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Jiltut said:
then again this is a 3pin Canadian plug so I don't see why not, I may do this if I can't find an adapter.

FYI - What you refer as the "3-pin Canadian plug" is in fact a standard North-American plug. It is the same in the USA and Canada...

Vaporisateur,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Is it possible to get a good picture of the thermocouple (or at least one of its conductors pair)???

:ninja:

Egzoset,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Here is a funny for you EQ fans ( I am one too!) Just learned how to post pics so I thought I'd share!! :lol:
378388_271875756192984_100001116844697_700501_139143126_n.jpg

Bluntcrush,

Jiltut

:D maybe they'll have to reword that after you've left lol.

Tried the EQ last night, was really impressed with it, no coughing whatsoever :), I was really surprised how nice the experience was, quite a bit different to eating but with many similarities. Seemed better for my anxiety than eating in some way but only after the first 10-15 mins - maybe because it was something new.

Jiltut,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Jiltut said:
I find the fan really quite noisy, wondering if it was possible to replace it with something a bit quieter, any idea what size it is, connections etc?

The fan should not be noisy. Even on 3 all there should be is a whirring whooshing kind of sound up through the Cyclone, i.e., just the air movement. With either whip attached, the sound is muffled even a bit more.

Can you describe the sound? How old is the unit? New or used?

The fan is a Delta, which is very good quality. It is probably about 60mm. IIRC it mounts to the bottom frame with 4 screws, and uses a standard 3-pin connector to the PCB like a fan does to the motherboard in a computer. Nothing fancy here, but it is solid. You can pull the bottom plate to inspect.

A high-pitched sound usually indicates a bearing or balance problem. A metallic sound is usually a balance problem, too. A rattle like sound indicates the mounting is loose.

Here's a look at the guts:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=31439

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

Seek said:
^^That is not Q. As I see Q is very redesigned and not only inside.

I know that's the Extreme, but AFAIK the fan placement, mount, and connection are the same. Be that as it may, with a fan like this the type of noise is always the best indicator of the source of the problem.

oldiebutgoodie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
oldiebutgoodie said:
Seek said:
^^That is not Q. As I see Q is very redesigned and not only inside.

I know that's the Extreme, but AFAIK the fan placement, mount, and connection are the same.

One of the big advances claimed for the Q was how much quieter it was compared to the Extreme. The placement and mounting might be the same but I doubt it's the same fan.

My Extreme is noisy enough that I have to turn up the TV if I put it on speed 3. It's tolerable at 2 or 1, but I'm close to nearing a hearing aid according to my last hearing test.

pakalolo,

oldiebutgoodie

pakalolo said:
One of the big advances claimed for the Q was how much quieter it was compared to the Extreme. The placement and mounting might be the same but I doubt it's the same fan.

That's sorta my point. If the placement and mount are the same, and since this is the Q with the improved fan, all the more reason for there not to be more noise than the air movement. I've used Delta fans for years (I build computers); they are rugged and dependable. They also typically push comparatively higher CFM for their size, but again the noise that creates is one of air movement, not the operation of the fan itself. The key in answering the OP's question is, what kind of noise is it?

oldiebutgoodie,

Egzoset

Banned
Well...

Is the clear-white & blue pair of thin wires actually connected to a thermocouple (or some equivalent temperature sensor)?

:ninja:

Egzoset,

Jiltut

oldiebutgoodie said:
pakalolo said:

That's sorta my point. If the placement and mount are the same, and since this is the Q with the improved fan, all the more reason for there not to be more noise than the air movement. I've used Delta fans for years (I build computers); they are rugged and dependable. They also typically push comparatively higher CFM for their size, but again the noise that creates is one of air movement, not the operation of the fan itself. The key in answering the OP's question is, what kind of noise is it?

Yeah I edited the fan noise question out of my post because I figured out it's maybe due to my extreme hearing sensitivity/tendency to zone in to any specific noise that may make it seem a lot louder to me than most people. I guess it's a sort of whirring on a very droned out kind of level. My units brand new, it's version 4.

I tested it on fan level 3 which to me seems quite loud standing next to it but when I tried listening for it downstairs directly below & I can't hear anything at all, also just outside my room I can hear fan setting 2 & 3 but if I didn't listen for it I wouldn't hear them because it's sort of white noise. I'll record the sound & post a sound bite.

Jiltut,

oldiebutgoodie

Jiltut said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
pakalolo said:

Yeah I edited the fan noise question out of my post because I figured out it's maybe due to my extreme hearing sensitivity/tendency to zone in to any specific noise that may make it seem a lot louder to me than most people. I guess it's a sort of whirring on a very droned out kind of level. My units brand new think it's version 2, not sure how to find out?

I tested it on fan level 3 which to me seems quite loud standing next to it but when I tried listening for it downstairs directly below & I can't hear anything at all, also just outside my room I can hear fan setting 2 & 3 but if I didn't listen for it I wouldn't hear them because it's sort of white noise. I'll record the sound & post a sound bite.

White noise is not a bad analogy. Keep in mind that the sound will be different depending on where on the unit you are listening. Put your ear to the underside and you'll hear the intake and whir of the blades. Then listen at the top without the cyclone, with the cyclone, and with the cyclone plus elbow; the pitch will change slightly with each due to differences in the air channel. If you detect any different type of sound, then that suggests a problem.

It also sounds like you may have ears like a bat. Be happy about that. :) Of course, if you have a significant other, s/he may not feel the same way. I swear my wife not only hears the softest of sounds across the house, but she hears across a very wide range of pitch, too. She can easily hear the TV at half the volume I can or even less. She also was a singer, so she has a trained ear, to boot. I can't get away with nothin' when she's nearby. Of course, wouldn't you know that the one loud sound that apparently she doesn't tune in to is her own snoring. I'm damned either way. :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,
Top Bottom