The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
pakalolo said:
What's not right is that all cyclone bowls are different. I've had six or seven and a couple of them have the problem, the rest are like yours. I just avoid the ones that won't hold the screen well because I dumped a load trying to stir without removing the bowl.

Well, that's a royal bummer. So the ones that have been off, it's been to such an extent that you can't shape the screen to fit? I hope you were given replacements.

oldiebutgoodie,

damienm420

oldiebutgoodie said:
damienm420 said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
AFAIK there is only one version of the Q, with the black plastic base and polished metal casing. It is shorter than the previous Tower, of which there were 3 versions.

Really? That makes sense now actually. The manual and packaging was different than the original. It was also making noise occasionally. The glass stirring rod was different size too. It's so obvious. It was a seller on amazon too. Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extrem...HN0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1329283786&sr=8-6

That link on Amazon is indeed the Q (and that price is very good). IIRC the "4.0" is not official Arizer terminology, just got picked up somewhere along the way because the Q is the 4th version of the Extreme.

Hm. ok. Well, why was the packaging and manual different? Also I know it might just be the seller's packaging, but I got one off amazon in the original packaging, and the manual was different.

damienm420,

oldiebutgoodie

damienm420 said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
damienm420 said:
Really? That makes sense now actually. The manual and packaging was different than the original. It was also making noise occasionally. The glass stirring rod was different size too. It's so obvious. It was a seller on amazon too. Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extrem...HN0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1329283786&sr=8-6

That link on Amazon is indeed the Q (and that price is very good). IIRC the "4.0" is not official Arizer terminology, just got picked up somewhere along the way because the Q is the 4th version of the Extreme.

Hm. ok. Well, why was the packaging and manual different? Also I know it might just be the seller's packaging, but I got one off amazon in the original packaging, and the manual was different.

Take a look at post #3442 and the replies following from myself and pakalolo. Might this be same or similar?

oldiebutgoodie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
oldiebutgoodie said:
Well, that's a royal bummer. So the ones that have been off, it's been to such an extent that you can't shape the screen to fit? I hope you were given replacements.

I think I could probably trim something to fit if I needed to but I never really tried since I had others. It never occurred to me to ask for a replacement, either. I just put them in storage for backup use.

pakalolo,
Hey so I just ordered my Extreme Q from http://canada.rockwise.net/content/home <<< BEST AND FASTEST SITE FOR CANADIANS... My friend who is the owner of a popular smoke easy in toronto swore by the Extreme Q and turned me on to rockwise.net ... I have used this vape in the past and i was just about to replace my zephyr ION due to the fact the Company wont honor the warranty ... anywho i was looking at a few know off vapes like the Apex and the Phantom... i was turned right off by the fact i cant find any information of the company tht makes them... tht every other forum post is about how it showed up at the door messed up and cant return for a refund... blah blah blah... well i will tell u wht GET AN EXTREME Q for the same damn price and have the quality and the respect tht comes from the company... 3 year warranty is worth more then being able to use volcano accessories ... IMO .... CANADIAN PRODUCT .... WARRANTY.... GOOD CONSTRUCTION..... AMAZING PRICE!!!! do yourself and all your friends the favor of grabbing up one of these :)

I will be posting a full report on MY EXTREME Q when it gets here :)

Gr33nThumbs,

oldiebutgoodie

Gr33nThumbs, welcome to the absolutely best forum for vapers. Note how long the Q thread is, 3600 posts. Everything you could possibly want to know about the Q and then some, is on this thread. And elsewhere, everything there is to know about vaping in general, other vapes, glass, medibles, health, and more. Enjoy.

oldiebutgoodie,

TNK

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my hybred wand/vape idea that I stumbled upon.

Out of necessity to try to get the best out of my vapes I combined the wand from the SSV and I'm using it through the Extreme Q. The advantages are great.

To start, I grind and load about .4g into the SSV wand. Then I close off the end with the Q's elbow screen.
Works great nothing drops down onto the cyclone bowl, and the load is further away from the element and secured by the elbow screen.

So the wand goes loaded into the cyclcone bowl just like you would with the elbow joint. But you close off the load in the wand from dropping down into the cyclone bowl with the elbow screen. The screen holds everything up on top, as opposed to the open end being loaded when using the elbow joint with the Q.

Then the whip goes out and into my phx bubbler, and another whip goes out from the phx so I can hit from my chair.

Really nice !!! Taste is always good and the air flow is as well. Also the load gets less abuse because it is away from the heating element.

Constant even hits set at 185 I go for 4 hours at times.

I hope this helps

TNK,
Reactions: Tweak

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm trying to envision what this looks like. Any chance of putting a picture up of your setup?

You are using the GG wand I presume?

Stu,

TNK

I'm trying to figure out how to post pics

It looks like a chemistry lab coming out of a coffee maker.....but it's good coffee

yes ground glass wand

Anyone can purchase the wand/whip from 7th floor and add it to the Q

TNK,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
TNK said:
I'm trying to figure out how to post pics
Upload it (imageshack, tinypic etc), then press CTRL+P in post edit with the text cursor where you want to have the picture, add the direct link and it's done.

Seek,

TNK

qwandscreen.jpg

TNK,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
OK, I got ya. So the whip attaches where your thumb is and goes to the vape.

Nice way to do a Mega-Elbow on the EQ :ko:

Don't worry about pic size, it helps to illustrate what you were saying.

J.R.R.Tokin',

TNK

well this works

now thats my set up

funky looking but best of both worlds

TNK,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice set up TNK. I like the blue stand thing with the pick holder.

Just a word of warning about double posting. Instead, if you were the last person to post you can just edit the post (bottom right hand corner of post) and add anything new to it :peace:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Let me chip in with my EQ setup then... :D

EQ with OEM elbow and whip
Mobius 10" glass beaker with downstem diffuser
Black Domina homegrown strain :D

The four-piece grinder in the foreground is actually the freebie I got from PuffitUp.com when I ordered the LB. I use it every day over my Sharpstone....

>Click picture to enlarge<

Vaporisateur,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Very nice Vaporisateur. I have a small beaker too but I like a much shorter hose then you. I basically just use the elbow with about 10 cm of tube and just angle the EQ and stick the tube in the downstem. It is a bit more fiddly as you need a hand on the EQ, but I find it reduces drag and is less tube to have to reclaim from.

J.R.R.Tokin',

exmilker

people should post up videos of how their setup hits :D

TNK nice set up, i would remove the whip and hit it off the glass tube/wand as is if i was looking for those big hits...underdog/LSV? LOL

exmilker,

TNK

Hey thanks you guys,
Thanks for your help 'Agony
Blue stand thing, came courtesy of a plastic dare I say a combustable TM...it is the only thing left over from the TM
PHx does it proud

TNK,

DroFoSho

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on fc for quite a while now, but seeing as I'm getting my first vape (the EQ, obviously, since I am posting here). I just wanted to thank you all for the wealth of helpful information, and I am looking forward to becoming an active member of the vaporizing community! I'm sure I will have questions to post tomorrow, but for now the anticipation is palpable!

DroFoSho,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Welcome DroFoSho. I think the EQ is a great machine to introduce you to the world of Vaporization. If you've been lurking for a while I'm sure you've done your homework and have solid reasons for getting the EQ.

Any questions just ask away - but please use the search function first! The link will take you to a 'How to Search' page.

Enjoy your healthier lungs :D

J.R.R.Tokin',

wildnacatl

I recently purchased an extream q on amazon got it and love it. My friend got one too he loved it so much. While using his today I noticed its temperature setting is adjustable in 1 degree increments rather than the 5 degree increments mine adjusts in. Any one know what the difference between the two units is?

wildnacatl,
Top Bottom