The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

poonman

thank u Vitolo
i will do more readin on the solo
i've seen the size of the EQ n probably can use it in my car while parked .

thanx again
enjoy

poonman,

poonman

thank u chucku for ur help also
i will give the mflb another try
i still do not know what is so great about this mflb
i have read a lot of users luvin it
but i find it un-easy to use n awkward . IMO
i was hoping for something a little bit more high tech .

thanx again
I'm really likin this site
thanx FC
enjoy

poonman,
Hiya,

Ok, so I just got a vaporizer, its the Extreme Q 4.0, this is also my first ever and now maybe Im doing it wrong but Im not getting high, buzzed maybe, and I know its not the pot its high grade stuff. So please, please, please correct me and give helpful hints b/c Im think I may have just blown $300.

For the whip: I put the cyclone bowl in vaporizer over that odd nub thing connect the long whip hose with the adapter to the black part of the cycle bowel, and took hits direct.
For the bag: cyclone/ nub thing then connecting the 3 mini whip to the cyclone (you know the foggy bits of glass) then connect it to the bag.

I ranged from 200c to 250c experimenting and I used the lowest speed fan to the highest speed, and the reason Im still fiddling with the thing is b/c I did a bag, packed it full of new heated it up to 250c with the fan off I then placed the cyclone & 3 whip as described, laid down inhaled super slowly and the next thing I knew it was time to go to work. I skipped high and went straight to sleep

Also what is this elbow screen??? Seriously Im lost. Like my pots turning brown and Im getting a frown. HELP! :)

StarSunShine,

Tim

Star, I personally don't use the fan if I'm using the whip. It's just gonna force out vapor when you don't have your mouth on the whip.

Stir often, take deep hits (not too fast). Are you seeing vapor at all when you exhale?

Tim,
@jeffp thanks, good lead on vids, still looking.

@Time I'm not really seeing it, which is odd since I'm watching these videos and I can kinda see it, but sometimes I see some, but not enough and nothing like the vids. I got mine from Vapeworld.com

StarSunShine,

Tim

You should definitely see vapor. I get thick ass hits from the EQ. There is NO doubt that there is vapor. That's what you should be seeing.

Warm up the EQ to around 200C or higher, drop the herb on the heater and start taking hits. (NO FAN, imo). For about 2 minutes you won't get any vapor, but you're moving hot air through the herb chamber. This is good.

After 2 minutes or so, you should start seeing vapor. Stir the bowl and pump the temp up 5 or 10 degrees, and start taking more hits. Report back!

Tim,
@ Tim

GAH! Still no vapor, IDK could it be defective? i mean occasionally I can see vapor but last night I basically used an entire joints worth and on my last bag did i feel anything remotely high. This is where my slowness comes in: I'm assuming when you say stir you mean to actually disconnect the cyclone bowl and the whip?

StarSunShine,

Tim

^Star, Oh no. I mean just take off the elbow (the glass part connected to the whip, the one that goes on top of the cyclone bowl) and use the glass pick to stir the herb in the bowl. This servers 2 purposes: It moves the herb around and it crushes the dried out herb. This exposes more surface area for the hot air to pass over.

I hope that makes sense. It could be defective, but I say keep trying!

Tim,
@Tim

Eureka! Ok so i heated it up to 220c (the vap is 220c pot still 200c) for 10 min then took the whip (bag so-so still working on it) packed the bowl on that then put it in the cyclone bowl and let that heat up for 10 min then started in on the whip. Sure it took about 25min total but it was Awesome!

And on the bonus I hear the scraps can be used for pretty decent brownies, now that I've got down... :)

Thanks to All, Tim and jeffp (videos came in handy) and all other posters reading helped too.

Now I'm off to continue vaping! :p

StarSunShine,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@StarSunShine:
I always let my unit heat up for at least 20 minutes with the cyclone bowl attached. I think you will find that a longer heat up time will give much better results.

Also, you should try packing the herb in the elbow instead of wasting (IMO) it in the cyclone bowl where about 50% of the bowl is not in the path of hot air at all due to the large ledge that holds the screen. Just suck up an elbow full of herb, lightly pack it and put it in the cyclone bowl (the bowl will be inverted, but the herb stays put). There is no stirring involved with this method which is another plus.

:peace:

Stu,

Pinion13

I just ordered one of these, would you mind linking to a picture or something Stu? I'm not quite following.

Pinion13,

omonibo

Hey everyone, this is my first post on FC. I have been reading this forum since I recently got my EQ 4.0. This is probably my favorite vaporizer to date- However, after reading these forums, I got inspired to go back to my other vapes like the MFLB and the Vapir NO2 and give them another shot, so thank you for that.

I ended up putting together a short video review of the EQ. I don't go too in-depth, but I describe three ways to use it. One of the ways - Using the whip + fan, was a method that I saw in one of the original videos describing this vaporizer.

Sorry for the not-so-good quality, I guess I meant this for as an informative video than anything else, and there are tons of HQ videos on youtube for the Arizer EQ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhueOabMHMI

Enjoy!

omonibo,

omonibo

Pinion13 said:
I just ordered one of these, would you mind linking to a picture or something Stu? I'm not quite following.

This is the "elbow" part of the Arizer:

http://arizer.com/store/vaporizer-parts/26-glass-elbow-adapter.html

Packing the elbow is when you take the ground herb and pack it into the wire mesh part of the elbow (it looks like the mesh screen isn't pictured in that link)

On a related note, I had a quick question- Can packing the elbow cause combustion even at a temperature like 180c or 200c? I ask because it doesn't look like there is much airflow when you pack the elbow.

omonibo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Pinion13 said:

Here are a couple of pictures to clarify what I'm talking about.

First, here is a picture looking into the cyclone bowl. Here you can see just how much of the airflow is blocked by the "ledge" that is in the cyclone bowl to hold the screen. I think my original estimate of 50% was too generous after looking at my own picture. Any herb in the cyclone bowl that is sitting directly above this "ledge" is not getting it's fair share of heated air. I understand that in theory the cyclone "effect" is supposed to move all the herb around so that it all gets equal "treatment", however I have found that in practice, this is not usually the case and much of the herb is simply out of the hot air path. This leads to less than adequate vapor in my opinion.

cycloneh.jpg

Next is a picture of a packed elbow. simply use the other end of the whip in your mouth to suck in while hovering the elbow above your grinded herb, then lightly tamp it down with your finger. At that point you can place the loaded elbow in the (empty) cyclone bowl and you're good to go.

elbow.jpg

I know some people love using the cyclone bowl, and this is all just my opinion based on 100s of bowls using this device. However for me this is by far the best way to use this vaporizer. One time my ellbow wasn't packed tight enough and fell into the cyclone bowl without me noticing. However after taking a few hits and getting very, VERY little vapor, I went to look at what the problem was. There was no problem per se, but since the weed was in the cyclone bowl as opposed to the elbow as I normally use it, the difference in vapor was very noticiable.

Again, this is all my own personal experience, and your mileage may vary.
:peace:

Stu,

poonman

informative reading
you guys are the best
I hope to be getting 1 soon
I know there's a new thread for the Solo
But has anyone tried out the new Solo ?

poonman,

TNK

Alright, good happy buzz you all, men and women!

Here I am 52 Years old and just now discovered the ways of vaping. Hey at least I knew about mp3's

Well here I go my review on the Extreme Q

First of all I have not read any of the previous post and I am some what comparing the Q to my experiences with traditional token. I also have Da Buddha BTW....free tibet and all that good stuff

My Goal: To see how much I could get out of one hit on the Extreme Q, as opposed to what I would consider one bong hit from my PHX water pipe.

My Set Up: The Extreme Q Vape

Connected to the Extreme Q is the cyclone bowl and one of the Elbow Joints with the small screen inserted inside the elbow joint

Connected to the elbow joint is a piece of 4-5" tubing. Originally used for the balloon connection. Keep reading why, I have my reasons for this short tube.

I then connect one of the spare mouth pieces that comes with the Extreme Q to the other end of the 4-5" tubing

From the out going end of mouth piece I connect the long tubing that also came with the Q

On the other end of the tubing I connect the other elbow joint (previously used for the whip) into the long tubing. With out the screen.

This long tube with two elbow joints on either end go connected from the Q at one end (screen side) and into a PHX water pipe at the other end. No stem. I use the balloon tubing as my cleaner tube. This helps keep my long tube cleaner, longer. I vape without the fan turned on.

In short I have found that putting one bong hit into the screen does not start to vape until 210c

Temps below 210 only seem to give me "oil taste" hits, which are ok. and creates a mild buzz

But to really rock my boat as if I'm going to go over on one side off the couch, and the room "breathes" experience, I need to hit it at 210c. At this temp I see visible vapor passing through the lower pipe chamber. Similar as if the vapors were going into a bag .

For the second hit, I raise the temp up to 220c and I get less vapor but an equally mind blowing hit

There is no third hit

So my conclusion, after two weeks of testing: Is that from a one pinch bong hit size, the Q gets me a 2:1 ratio as opposed to a traditional bong hit. Plus a cleaner, longer high and a lot more fun.

Putting a drop of water on my material really does not do it for me but I did it because the shop recommended that I do. I don't.

Well that's it for now, this was my experience and i'm stickin' to it:2c:

TNK,

TNK

I'm glad you understood my set up, sorry for the long post

I agree, why clean all the glassware when you just have a short tube you can sacrifice and clean

Very cool site

TNK,

hereatlast

Great introductory post TNK!

BTW....
TNK said:
Putting a drop of water on my material really does not do it for me but I did it because the shop recommended that I do. I don't.

Shop employees seem to need a LOT more training in the vaporizer field. :o

hereatlast,

Bun.it

Thinking off picking up one of these but I am considering the version without the fan for 60 less.
But then the price is the same as a Buddha which adds more to the decision.

Bun.it,

TNK

hey hereatlast, yea some shop owners....

I guess they say that because they might own a unit that works better with a drop of water on it. Like on Da Buddha a drop keeps my material from combustion, if I get the temp too high. Plus the heating element is much closer on Buddha than on the Q.

Also the potpourri instructions on the Q suggest to moisten the potpourri first.

So go figure, its a matter of preference from user to user as well

TNK,

Pinion13

Thanks a lot for the pictures. Packed elbow is nice. I'm sure I missed it but what are you guys doing about stray chunks of herb? The screen is quite a bit coarser than I was expecting. I'm going to have to adjust my grind for sure.

Edit - Also this thing is awesome.:D

Pinion13,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I actually grind to a super fine consistency (scissors-in-a-shot-glass fine) as I have found this fine grind to give off much more vapor. Having said that, I've never had any problems with bits falling through the bottom screen. Since I only pack elbows, and since I always remove the cyclone from the heater prior to blowing out my abv into the cyclone bowl for easy removal, I wouldn't expect to have this problem. A blast or two with a can of compressed air into the heater area should remove any stray bits.

:2c:

Stu,

Dub Priest

Sistla Ashray
just got mine yesterday and im bloody impressed. Ive been using the Iolite up until now but the Butane was really an issue for me.
I bought mine along with accesories pack on Amazon. Pre heated the sucker for half an hour and loaded my mix into the tuff-bowl. The first whip hit i took just hit me hard as i had just inhaled a lungful of thick vapour. I mean really thick vapor. I was messing around with the temps a bit and settled at 215C.

Even tried the elbow packing which just choked my up in a good way. Ive been smoking for a while and i thought id built up a reasonable amount of tolerance . But my first sesh with ExQ 4.0 just took me to another level.

Very good piece...i felt like i got a good deal with the accessory pack.

Cant wait to get back from work and vape up...

Dub Priest,
Top Bottom